• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rama Rama

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s007bala

ராம நாமம் சொல்வதே கலியில் கதியாம்!
அதையும் மறந்தால் அதோ கதியாம்!

ராம நாமம் சொல்ல சொல்ல நன்மை பெருகுமே! - நாவும் இனிக்குமே!
பாமரன் முதல் பண்டிதன் வரை புனிதம் ஆக்குமே!

சிவனும் பார்வதியும் சொல்லும் நாமமாம்!
கவலையை போக்கி சாந்தி நல்குமாம்!

ராம நாமம் சொல்லி அனுமன் கடலைத் தாண்டினான்! - மலையை தூக்கினான்!
மலை போன்ற கவலையும் பனி போல் விலகுமாம்!

ராம நாமம் சொல்லி சபரி முக்தி எய்தினாள்!
நாமமும் நாமியும் வேறு வேறு இல்லவே இல்லையாம்!

ராம நாமம் சொல்வதற்கு எந்த தடையும் இல்லையாம்!
சொல்ல சொல்லச் தடைகள் எல்லாம் தானே விலகுமாம்!

Chanting the Name of Rama is the only way out in this Age of Kali!
if one cannot do even this (simple thing) one is completely doomed!

Repeated chanting of the Name of Rama enhances prosperity! -- sweetens the tongue, too!
it purifies all - from the common man to the scholar!

It is the Name that Lord Siva and His Consort Parvati chant!
that removes sorrow and bestows peace!

Chanting the Name of Rama, Hanuman crossed the ocean! -- and, lifted the mountain!
mountain sized sorrows melt away like the fog!

Chanting the Name of Rama, Sabari attained Liberation!
the Name and the Named are not different!

there is no barrier for chanting the Name of Rama!
all barriers are removed as one repeatedly chants the Name of Rama!

Sri Sri Swamiji.

sb

I dont remember the doha...maybe kabirdas or tulsidas or...

When one opens the mouth to say "Ra", all our sins escape through and the syllable "Ma" does not allow it to come in again... (makes sense when you read it as RAM as in hindi... which is what I read the doha in...)

But yes, aathmaarthama sollanum...

"Ma"- "Raa"--Sah-"Raama"---Ma=for me(the one who gives)--Raa=all kinds of wealth and health--"Dhanam,Dhanyam,Pasu,Bahuputra laabham,Satha samvatsaram,Deergam Ayuhu" -(material as well as well spiritual)--Sah=that Para Brahmam is sri.Raama-sri.Vaalmiki(the rishi emnated from "Vanmeekam"(=ant mollhill) was advised to recite "Maraa", the name of a tree sri.Vaalmiki knew in Poorvaasram,he recited the name millions of times,before he was "enlightened"

"Ramyathay ithi Raama"= the one whose name is swwet to the tongue,heart and psyche is Raama--Some scholars add "Muninaam Ramyathay ithi Raama" -Some scholars feel the name "Raama" was there several milleniums before sri.Raama was born in Ayodhya.Since sri.Vasista thought the name Raama was suitable for sri. Raama,sri.Dasaratah gave the name to sri.Raama.

Eeswara Uvaacha:-"Sri.Raama,Raama,Raama ithi,Ramay,Raamay,Manoramay,Sahasra Naama Tat thulyam Raama naama Varaananay"

sri.Raama,Raama,Raama---

Shri Somayaji

>>Eeswara Uvaacha:-"Sri.Raama,Raama,Raama ithi,Ramay,Raamay,Manoramay,Sahasra Naama Tat thulyam Raama naama Varaananay"<<

If we chant this verse,i believe its equal to chanting entire Vishnu Sahasra Nama.

sb

Rama means four : 1 the rama son of dasarathan, 2 The Kal, The Soul, 4, The Naam.The Naam is the one which will take the soul back to the Real Home from were we came to this earth.

sri.007 Bala has asked:-.

Shri Somayaji

>>Eeswara Uvaacha:-"Sri.Raama,Raama,Raama ithi,Ramay,Raamay,Manoramay,Sahasra Naama Tat thulyam Raama naama Varaananay"<<

If we chant this verse,i believe its equal to chanting entire Vishnu Sahasra Nama.

sb

YES."Sahasranaama tat tulyam" means One Raama Naama is exactly equal to 1000 names of sri.Vishnu(sri.Vishnu Sahasra Naamam)--in an work called "Rudra Yaamala", there is sri.Raama Sahasranaamam, in which all the 1000 names of sri.Raama begins with "Ma" kaaram--all 1000 names start with Ma,Maa, Mi,Mee,Mu, Moo,May, Mai,Mo,Mou,Mam,Maha.

NAMASTE SHRI SOMAYAJI JI

"Ramyathe ithi Ramaha" - thanks for this from Nikandus.

I've some doubts on certain sanskrit words - can I seek clarifications with what Nikandu teaches about those.

Thanks
MM

I've some doubts on certain sanskrit words - can I seek clarifications with what Nikandu teaches about those.

Thanks
MM
Either one can take the help of Bhandarkar Iinstitute's(Poone-Maharashtra) Sanskrit> Sanskrit Dictionary.For those who mostly communicate in English like us--Sanskrit >English On-line Dictionary by sir Monier Williams is excellent.Sir.Monier Williams was a great Sanskrit scholar and Indologist.One difficulty for On-line dictionary is:eek:ne should be familiar with Itaran or Harvrd-Kyoto convention of entering Sankrit words in Roman letters.Initially it is difficult-slowly one can overcome.There is another Poona Sanskrit > English Sanskrit dictionay.But this will give only the direct meaning.sir.Monier Williams will give the root(Dhatup) and Etymology and Ontology of each Sanskrit word.It would broaden the scope of our understanding Sanskrit.For grammer Bhandarkar Institute's (Paanini) grammer book is excellent.I think,Banarasidas Publications,Varanasi has also a Sanskrit>English Thesaurus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back