• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quotable Quotes Part II

Bring your desires down to your present means. Increase them only when your increased means permit.

Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC)

Patience

Patience is something you admire in the driver :car:
behind you and scorn in the one ahead. :mad:
Mac Mccleary.

Be patient my soul:
Thou has suffered worse than this. :tsk:
Homer.

Beware the fury of a patient man. :fear:
John Dryden

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou (192:cool:

"Life is like a library owned by the author. In it are a few books which he wrote himself, but most of them were written for him."

-Harry Emerson Fosdick

"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."

-William Shakespeare

"The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others."

-Solomon Ibn Gabriol

"Our minds are as different as our faces: we are all traveling to one destination; --happiness; but few are going by the same road."

-Charles Caleb Colton

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou (192:cool:

maya.jpg

Maya Angelou

Maya Angelou is an American author and poet. She has published six autobiographies, five books of essays, several books of poetry, and is credited with a list of plays, movies, and television shows spanning more than fifty years. Wikipedia
Born: April 4, 1928 (age 84), St. Louis
Full name: Marguerite Ann Johnson
Education: George Washington High School
Awards: Presidential Medal of Freedom, Spingarn Medal, More
son: Guy Johnson

I had the good fortune of seeing her during a convocation in 2002!
I was awestruck by her speech and the respect shown to her. :clap2:

Latest ads

Back