• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Question regarding my neighbour's late night poojas

Kamalfan

Hello, I'm a decently religious person. Lately my neighbour has been talking to me about these poojais he does at night. He is also an Iyer like me. Every time he talks to me about it he is very secretive about it. He wears the red coloured veshti for it. I only know that we mostly wear the white veshti but I do not know anything about red veshti. I also know that we do not do any poojai during the night, and they are mostly during the day or right before sunrise. I am concerned for him and want to know what he is doing but do not wish to pry or anything. Any insight into this would be of great help to me, would also like to know if I am missing out on any rituals. Thanks a lot.

Hello, I'm a decently religious person. Lately my neighbour has been talking to me about these poojais he does at night. He is also an Iyer like me. Every time he talks to me about it he is very secretive about it. He wears the red coloured veshti for it. I only know that we mostly wear the white veshti but I do not know anything about red veshti. I also know that we do not do any poojai during the night, and they are mostly during the day or right before sunrise. I am concerned for him and want to know what he is doing but do not wish to pry or anything. Any insight into this would be of great help to me, would also like to know if I am missing out on any rituals. Thanks a lot.
My humble view :

If he is malayalee or from Kerala side maybe doing some pooja to ward off evils in the night , wearing red at that time. But to do this he must be extremely religious or hail from such a religious family where they follow too many rituals.
Else he is fallen in the trap of some black magician which may or maynot be good for him. Hari Om

I am no expert, but I have heard before that some Shakta poojas are done late night at times close to midnight and the color red is worn...some even put dried red chillies into the homa flame.
Some types of Tantra Shakta pooja require the male to dress in a red saree too.
Your neighbor is still wearing male garments..so I guess its just a simple Shaktra pooja.

Red is the color of vibrance which is the mode of expression of the Shakta concepts.

Latest ads

Back