• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Question regarding samasharyanam

Shwetha R

Hello. I am an Iyengar (thenkalai). My marriage is shortly to be fixed with a Christian family. I want to know if I can get samasharyanam done after my marriage. Even though I would be marrying outside my religion, after my wedding I would be continuing to worship only hindu deities and not having non veg and not indulge in any religious activities of Christian. Is it possible for me to get samasharyanam done after my wedding?

Wiki says:

"Samasrayana means 'to approach with all sincerity and truthfulness to Acharya'. During this rite, the acharya initiates a person, irrespective of sex, caste, social status etc., as his or her sishya. It is a commitment from the disciple that he or she will live as per the wishes of the acharya. Thus, the person gets the link to the Vaishnava tradition."

So you should approach an āchāryā to get the answer.

Latest ads

Back