• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Puzzle time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is coffin.
But it is not right. People do choose and buy the coffin, and eventually the person who makes it will need it, the person who uses it does see( sometimes).
Coffin is the answer. :)

The person who makes the coffin - unless he makes for himself, to be used later on - does not need it.

Oh! Some persons choose their own coffin? Strange! ;)

I find 'kadi' riddles printed on popsicle sticks. :)

Here is one of them:

Why are the Mathematics books always stressed?

Popsicles - Courtesy: Google images.

The-popsicle-was-invented-by-an-11-year-old.jpg

Adapted from UPSC-CSAT Paper 2 (2014)and changed from multiple choice:

N identical cards are placed on a table. Each card has number '1' marked on one side and number '2' marked on its other side. All the six cards are placed in such a manner that the number '1' is on the upper side. In one try, exactly four (neither more nor less) cards are turned upside down. In how many Ieast number of tries can the cards be turned upside down such that all the six cards show number '2' on the upper side?

a) When N=6 (original question from 2014 UPSC question 80)
b) When N=10
c) What is the general for N=4k+2
d) When N=7

I could find the answer only for 6 and 10 cards as 3 minimum moves. :)

When there are 10 cards:

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1

2 2 2 1 2 2 2 1 1 1
2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

When there are 6 cards:

1 1 1 1 1 1
2 2 2 2 1 1
2 1 1 1 2 1
2 2 2 2 2 2

Adapted from UPSC-CSAT Paper 2 (2014)and changed from multiple choice:

N identical cards are placed on a table. Each card has number '1' marked on one side and number '2' marked on its other side. All the six cards are placed in such a manner that the number '1' is on the upper side. In one try, exactly four (neither more nor less) cards are turned upside down. In how many Ieast number of tries can the cards be turned upside down such that all the six cards show number '2' on the upper side?

a) When N=6 (original question from 2014 UPSC question 80)
b) When N=10
c) What is the general for N=4k+2
d) When N=7

For C, ans = k+1 if k>1
k+2 if k=1

For D, i could not find a solution. May be not possible, because number of 1's after any number of steps is always odd.

I could find the answer only for 6 and 10 cards as 3 minimum moves. :)

When there are 10 cards:

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1

2 2 2 1 2 2 2 1 1 1
2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2

When there are 6 cards:

1 1 1 1 1 1
2 2 2 2 1 1
2 1 1 1 2 1
2 2 2 2 2 2
கால பைரவன்;352311 said:
For C, ans = k+1 if k>1
k+2 if k=1

For D, i could not find a solution. May be not possible, because number of 1's after any number of steps is always odd.

:clap2: :thumb:

The only thing that is left is that they are the smallest possible. For a general 4k+2, k>1 we know k flips will not be sufficient (as it can turn only 4k cards). For k=6, we know 2 will not be sufficient.

But since they have solutions to all the problems, it should also be the happiest?

Then "they" will be happiest - but there are so many other mathematics books which do nto give solutions to all problems (may be odd or even numbered problems)

From a clue in yesterday's New york times crossword Puzzle

Longest word in English containing only one vowel (9 letters long)

Hint: The word is a plural

From a clue in yesterday's New york times crossword Puzzle

Longest word in English containing only one vowel (9 letters long)

I guess we should not use google for this...Let us try without googling...I tried..Hence disqualified

Last edited:
...... Longest word in English containing only one vowel (9 letters long)

I tried words starting with 'phy' 'sy' etc but could find none with 9 letters.

Then I thought, I am NOT strong in English; which lead me to the word 'strength', the plural of which is the answer! :thumb:

P.S: I spend all my free time playing flip words mini clip! :cool:

My son, as a kid, used to tell the difference between drinking whey and milk! :cool:

The first makes him strong and the second gives him strength! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back