• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Proposing one's love

Status
Not open for further replies.
PROPOSING LOVE

X told Y, "I love you".

To this, Y told, "I'm sorry; I don't love you".

X asked, "May I know the reasons why you don't like me?"

Y said, "I just don't love you; that's all".

X asked: "Do you then hate me?"

Y replied: "No, I don't hate you either".

X persisted: "What made you to reject my proposal? Am I looking
ugly?"

Y said: "I didn't say that".

X did not relent: "Then, what are the other reasons? Is my income
too low?".

Y said: "I never thought about your income".

X asked: "Did you hear anything bad about me?"

Y said: "No".

X continued: "Do you think my educational status doesn't match
yours or meet your expectations?"

Y said: "Not once I had thought of comparing you and me".

X again questioned: "Do you love anybody else?"

X again asked: "Are you engaged to someone already?"

Little irritated, X asked: "Then what else in me repulses me away
from you?".

Y answered patiently: "I don't have any repulsive tendency towards
you; But, I just don't love you; that's all".

X smiled and said: "You have no valid reasons to reject me; So,
convince me if you really do not like me.
Otherwise, you have to love me".

Y said: "I have every right not to think about loving anyone at all.
Therefore, you cannot compel me".

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What friends, is this confusing you? You don't understand what I want to convey through this? Just think.
:bump2:

Last edited:
I agree with you.

I am reminded of "Baalakumaaran's characters.

It is only a state of 'nissangatwam'.It can be event specific, time specific or all pervading.

First two is practised in daily life, knowingly or unknowingly.

Not loving does not mean hating.
Not fighting does not mean only loving.

The doubt arises only when we think of having only two opposite alternatives. Diagonally opposite exist only at lower planes. At higher levels it may be 3 dimensional or multidimensional.

All questions in life cannot be answered in 'yes' or 'No'. Such answers may ultimately nd in difficult situations.
An example question: "Are you still ill treating your wife"? The answer in Yes or No
will give same effect here. One accepting the past , and the other not only accepting the past but continuing in the present also.

Many times answer can be prejudiced and predecided as per questions.

Had the proposer asked a question 'Are you still loving me", then what could have been the answer?

Greetings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sri.Pannvalan Sir,

When I saw the topic 'proposing love', my தெய்வீக love came to my memory. I did not really understand the 'வள வள' conversation between X and Y. Now, about my love proposal:-

The minute I saw Sridevi in 16 வயதினிலே movie, I knew she was in love with me. Of all the 100s of people watching the movie, she was only watching me from the screen. I was not deluded; I moved to different parts of the theatre - still she was watching me only; I saw the movie many times; still she was watching me, singing just for me.

After consulting my close friends, as a man, I decided to take the first step. I wrote a letter to let her know that I could see the love she had for me; explained her that I loved her too. I proposed to marry her and proposed an auspicious day to meet her (after consulting my astrolger). I asked her to reply me if she had any objection to the proposed date. I did not hear from her. Well, women feel shy to talk about their own marriage; I was not a nincompoop, to not understand that. So, on the pre arranged day, I set out with my friends, my astrolger and some of my relatives.

But, alas, tragedy struck my plan in the form and shape of my uncle. My parents promised to marry his daughter (one can make three Sridevis out of her and a lliberal portion to spare) to their son, that was me! Well, to make a long story short, I was stopped. Sridevi must have been heart broken. The last I heard, out of grief, Sridevi moved to Mumbai. In the mean time, my uncle's daughter 'ran away' with soimeone. I really could not believe she could run. Strange things happen indeed!

So, in the end, I took a club and rested it on my shoulder, set out to seek a bride for me. This is the story of proposing my love.

Cheers!

Sri.Pannvalan Sir,

When I saw the topic 'proposing love', my தெய்வீக love came to my memory. I did not really understand the 'வள வள' conversation between X and Y. Now, about my love proposal:-

The minute I saw Sridevi in 16 வயதினிலே movie, I knew she was in love with me. Of all the 100s of people watching the movie, she was only watching me from the screen. I was not deluded; I moved to different parts of the theatre - still she was watching me only; I saw the movie many times; still she was watching me, singing just for me.

After consulting my close friends, as a man, I decided to take the first step. I wrote a letter to let her know that I could see the love she had for me; explained her that I loved her too. I proposed to marry her and proposed an auspicious day to meet her (after consulting my astrolger). I asked her to reply me if she had any objection to the proposed date. I did not hear from her. Well, women feel shy to talk about their own marriage; I was not a nincompoop, to not understand that. So, on the pre arranged day, I set out with my friends, my astrolger and some of my relatives.

But, alas, tragedy struck my plan in the form and shape of my uncle. My parents promised to marry his daughter (one can make three Sridevis out of her and a lliberal portion to spare) to their son, that was me! Well, to make a long story short, I was stopped. Sridevi must have been heart broken. The last I heard, out of grief, Sridevi moved to Mumbai. In the mean time, my uncle's daughter 'ran away' with soimeone. I really could not believe she could run. Strange things happen indeed!

So, in the end, I took a club and rested it on my shoulder, set out to seek a bride for me. This is the story of proposing my love.

Cheers!

Sri Raghy,

I find a scriptwriter hiding in you. Come to Bollywood/Kollywood. someone may kidnap you.

( My status was like yours - bt only from " The minute I saw ......... TO........singing just for me..) Then, when the lights came on, there were other sridevis standing real there.

Greetings( not for kidnapping)

Sometimes a person might have all the requirements to be deemed fit for marriage but the Chemistry could be absent.

I remember when marriage proposals came for me and whenever I said no, my father would get so angry with me and would ask me "What is it you want! the guys is a doctor/proffesional/ etc, his earns well,his family background is good,his looks are presentable, Why cant you say Yes?"

I would reply to my father only these words "No Chemistry".
Suprisingly my father who had a love marriage never really understood what I meant.

When I said Yes to marry my husband, I told my father "Good Chemistry".
I dont think my father was bothered to understand what I meant as he was greatly relieved I was getting married finally.

Last edited:
I do not understand what might be the idea behind shri pannvalan's posting... I think it might be everyone is entitled to their opinion and there need not be only extremes...???

And the one by Shri Raghy is too good...:)

Dear friends,

Instead of taking literal meaning, find out some figurative sense and then proceed. You may be on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back