• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Predominance of Brahmin community

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsundaram

Be PROUD ABOUT BEING A BRAHMIN,,,* The team of Brahmin empire has worked tremendously in 2 months and hard work has tried to know the Brahmin population from all the states of India, according to which the list has been prepared. It is expected that Brahmin should recognize his power and work together united ... !!! *

* (1) Jammu Kashmir: 2 lakh + 4 lakhs displaced *
* (2) Punjab: 9 lakh Brahmins *
* (3) Haryana: 14 lakh Brahmins *
* (4) Rajasthan: 78 lakh Brahmins *
* (5) Gujarat: 60 lakh Brahmins *
* (6) Maharashtra: 45 lakh Brahmins *
* (7) Goa: 5 lakh Brahmins *
* (8) Karnataka: 45 lakhs Brahmins *
* (9) Kerala: 12 lakh Brahmins *
* (10) Tamilnadu: 36 lakh Brahmins *
* (11) Andhra Pradesh: 24 lakh Brahmins *
* (12) Chhattisgarh: 24 lakh Brahmins *
* (13) Orissa: 37 lakh Brahmins *
* (14) Jharkhand: 12 lakh Brahmins *
* (15) Bihar: 9 million Brahmins *
* (16) West Bengal: 18 lakh Brahmins *
* (17) Madhya Pradesh: 42 lakhs Brahmins *
* (18) Uttar Pradesh: 20 million Brahmins *
* (19) Uttarakhand: 20 lakh Brahmins *
* (20) Himachal: 45 lakh Brahmins *
* (21) Sikkim: 1 lakh Brahmin *
* (22) Assam: 10 lakh Brahmins *
* (23) Mizoram: 1.5 lakhs Brahmins *
* (24) Arunachal: 1 lakh Brahmin *
* (25) Nagaland: 2 lakh Brahmins *
* (26) Manipur: 7 lakh Brahmins *
* (27) Meghalaya: 9 lakh Brahmins *
* (28) Tripura: 2 lakh Brahmins *
* Most Brahmin occupied state: = Uttar Pradesh *
* The lowest Brahmin occupied state: = Sikkim *
* Most Brahmin Political Dominance: West Bengal *
* Most Brahmin State: 20% of Brahmins in Uttarakhand *
* Highly literate Brahmin states: = Kerala and Himachal brahmin = Assam
* in the best economic condition
* The highest Brahmin chief minister: = Rajasthan *
* Most Brahmin MLAs: = Uttar Pradesh *
* Brahmin in India Lok Sabha: = 48% *
* Brahmin in the Rajya Sabha of India: = 36% *
* Brahmin governor in India: = 50% *
* Brahmin cabinet secretary in India: = 33% *
* Brahmin in the Minister of Secretary in India: = 54% *
* Additional Secretary Brahmin in India: = 62% *
* Personal Secretary Brahmin in India: = 70% *
* Brahmin Vice Chancellor in University: = 51% *
* Brahmin Judge in Supreme Court: = 56% *
* Brahmin judge in High Court: = 40% *
* Indian Ambassador Brahmin: = 41% *
* Public Undertaking Brahmin = Central: 57% = State: 82% *
* Brahmin in Bank: = 57% *
* Brahmin in airlines: = 61% *
* IAS Brahmin: = 72% *
* IPS Brahmin: = 61% *
* TV artist and Bollywood: = 83% *
* CBI Custom Brahmin: = 72% *
* There is some thing in the Brahmins in which all bow down and bow down. Hastiness does not fade, we should get the head of the Brahmins whether it is ... !!!

??
Make this message a tsunami and send it to every Brahmin who has a mobile !

Ref:: from an authentic mail

But how many TB percentage now in any government organisations and of late hardly in own state government it has become almost null

Every individual in this world has a unique potential, capacity and is created with a unique plan and purpose and destiny. If any individual has committed a praiseworthy feat or deed, the credit goes to entire human community, to the entire human race. It makes the entire humankind proud.

Please note that no man is an island. Whatever great deed a man or woman does, he or she cannot take 100% credit to himself/herself. Many an individual and circumstances work together to make that individual great.

Our mothers feed us, parents raise us, Fathers earn and make the pot boil in our homes, or relatives help us, the drivers who drove the buses we traveled drove without meeting with an accident, the pilots who piloted the aircraft we flew in, piloted safely, the doctors who treated us diagnosed our illnesses and prescribed the right medicines, our teachers taught us right, our government run schools, conducted examinations for our credentials and the list goes endless.

Above all, the Almighty God protected us from catastrophes, calamities and cataclysms.

It is all Grace of God.

I read in one book venerated as scripture by one group of people as follows:

"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not the rich man boast of his riches. Let him who boasts boast that he knows Me (God)."

Be PROUD ABOUT BEING A BRAHMIN,,,* The team of Brahmin empire has worked tremendously in 2 months and hard work has tried to know the Brahmin population from all the states of India, according to which the list has been prepared. It is expected that Brahmin should recognize his power and work together united ... !!! *

* There is some thing in the Brahmins in which all bow down and bow down. Hastiness does not fade, we should get the head of the Brahmins whether it is ... !!!

??

please reveal the source. I doubt the authenticity of the info.

Every individual in this world has a unique potential, capacity and is created with a unique plan and purpose and destiny. If any individual has committed a praiseworthy feat or deed, the credit goes to entire human community, to the entire human race. It makes the entire humankind proud.

Please note that no man is an island. Whatever great deed a man or woman does, he or she cannot take 100% credit to himself/herself. Many an individual and circumstances work together to make that individual great.

Our mothers feed us, parents raise us, Fathers earn and make the pot boil in our homes, or relatives help us, the drivers who drove the buses we traveled drove without meeting with an accident, the pilots who piloted the aircraft we flew in, piloted safely, the doctors who treated us diagnosed our illnesses and prescribed the right medicines, our teachers taught us right, our government run schools, conducted examinations for our credentials and the list goes endless.

Above all, the Almighty God protected us from catastrophes, calamities and cataclysms.

It is all Grace of God.

"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not the rich man boast of his riches. Let him who boasts boast that he knows Me (God)."
i agree . i like your views. Thank you

It is all Grace of God.

Not sure I am able to understand the relevance of the quote. I looked up what it is

It appears in "Jeremiah 9:23 "

Source: https://biblehub.com/jeremiah/9-23.htm

What is the relevance of the above sermon in this thread?

I also think Post 1 is unlikely to be true

Just giving my two cents worth. Whether it be the IITs, the IIMs or any other renowned educational institution, be it the Faculty or the Students, there is a definite Brahmin dominance. They have not been handed over the position or the seats on a platter. This gratification came from working hard and consistently. I still remember my school days in Calcutta. In the senior classes we were required to wear black trousers and a pista green shirt. I had to take extra care not to get my trousers soiled since I had to wear them six days a week and they could be washed and pressed only on Sundays.

Just giving my two cents worth. Whether it be the IITs, the IIMs or any other renowned educational institution, be it the Faculty or the Students, there is a definite Brahmin dominance. They have not been handed over the position or the seats on a platter. This gratification came from working hard and consistently. I still remember my school days in Calcutta. In the senior classes we were required to wear black trousers and a pista green shirt. I had to take extra care not to get my trousers soiled since I had to wear them six days a week and they could be washed and pressed only on Sundays.

And you had to be a Brahmin to do that?
I suppose NB clothes used to be washed and ironed every day, or their clothes did not get soiled like yours.

And you had to be a Brahmin to do that?
I suppose NB clothes used to be washed and ironed every day, or their clothes did not get soiled like yours.
The students from the affluent Marwari families who were in a majority in my school had their clothes washed and pressed every day by their servants, irrespective of their caste. I deplore this rather feeble attempt to twist my words. All the Aggarwals, Kejriwals, Jhunjhunwalas, Tibrewalas etc. are Brahmins and the rest of them are from other castes. Washing clothes whether weekly or everyday has nothing to do with caste.

I don't know why you are so embittered. If you had read my post properly, what I had tried to convey was that there is a predominance of Brahmins in renowned educational institutions, either as faculty or students, which they had worked very hard to attain despite adverse circumstances. The washing on Sundays only was intended to convey my inability to afford a second pair of trousers. Anyway, this is not the first time I have come across grumpy individuals. They look at the entire world with coloured lenses. Most of them are forsaken by their family or suffer from various diseases like asthma or gout or arthritis. They are more to be pitied than censured. By the way, I enjoy excellent health in my early sixties and swim six days a week in a 50 metres 7 feet Olympic size pool in Chennai. Only 6 days a week because the pool is closed every day Monday for cleaning. I don't need to wear spectacles either for reading newspapers or driving my car. I am also, by the way, in excellent spirits. I also have a sweet tooth and eat sweets by the dozen since I need not worry about diabetes. My son and daughter are well settled and that is a blessing. I speak excellent Hindi and Bengali courtesy by 48 years stay in Kolkata. Hence, I don't feel like a fish out of water when I travel across the country. Sorry for the rather long reply. You are most welcome to stick to your caste based views.

I don't know why you are so embittered. If you had read my post properly, what I had tried to convey was that there is a predominance of Brahmins in renowned educational institutions, either as faculty or students, which they had worked very hard to attain despite adverse circumstances. Sorry for the rather long reply. You are most welcome to stick to your caste based views.

Who has caste-based views?
You are posting in this thread which is caste-based.
Your post clearly conveys that you think a birth-based caste system, which I do not.
May be Brahmins because they were exclusive and education before independence was reserved for Brahmins, they had reached that position.
That has been lost, for good or bad.
Now the tide has turned and Brahmins in Tamil Nadu of this generation are paying the price.

Who has caste-based views?
You are posting in this thread which is caste-based.
Your post clearly conveys that you think a birth-based caste system, which I do not.
May be Brahmins because they were exclusive and education before independence was reserved for Brahmins, they had reached that position.
That has been lost, for good or bad.
Now the tide has turned and Brahmins in Tamil Nadu of this generation are paying the price.

Whether you wash your clothes or not is not part of the discussion, and you brought it in.

Whether you wash your clothes or not is not part of the discussion, and you brought it in.
I just brought the clothes washing part to show that I had to struggle hard in life to prosper and it was in consonance with what I had said about Brahmins struggling very hard to get into renowned educational institutions. You put your big foot in your mouth when you made the absurd Brahmin NB comment.The biggest enemy of the wild elephant is the tame elephant which is used to subdue it. I am not interested in your opinion of what is relevant or not. Further, there does not appear to be any need to have my comments and/or remarks vetted by you or anyone else, apart from the Administrator. Some individuals in this forum appear to be more concerned about everyone else but Brahmins. Like I said, grumpy and disgruntled individuals bore me and I am not going to respond to these absurd responses any further. You are most welcome to continue with your disease mind and body.

I just brought the clothes washing part to show that I had to struggle hard in life to prosper and it was in consonance with what I had said about Brahmins struggling very hard to get into renowned educational institutions. You put your big foot in your mouth when you made the absurd Brahmin NB comment.The biggest enemy of the wild elephant is the tame elephant which is used to subdue it. I am not interested in your opinion of what is relevant or not. Further, there does not appear to be any need to have my comments and/or remarks vetted by you or anyone else, apart from the Administrator. Some individuals in this forum appear to be more concerned about everyone else but Brahmins. Like I said, grumpy and disgruntled individuals bore me and I am not going to respond to these absurd responses any further. You are most welcome to continue with your disease mind and body.

I suppose you do not know that this site is open to all. It is not Brahmin only site. Your rant against NB insults other members. Even if you are a privately biased person at least do not show your ignorance in public forum.

I suppose you do not know that this site is open to all. It is not Brahmin only site. Your rant against NB insults other members. Even if you are a privately biased person at least do not show your ignorance in public forum.
I am aware of it. In fact months earlier, one gentleman had commented that it is diabolical that the portal should be named Tamilbrahmins.com when it is not an exclusive Tamil Brahmins forum. Tamil Brahmins brought up outside Tamil Nadu are more liberal about accepting other castes without flaunting it. India secured its Independence in August 1947 and it is absolutely hilarious that you should comment that Brahmins who occupied these positions before Independence by virtue of their caste are continuing. I do not rant about NBs. Kindly refrain from putting words in my mouth and utter falsehood at that.

Be PROUD ABOUT BEING A BRAHMIN,,,*

Pride and Brahmin do not go together.

I guess Krishna Bhagwan can answer it better. So here I am taking a reference from holy Geeta. Try reading adhyay 18 and shlok 42

शमो दमस्तप: शौचं क्षान्तिरार्जवमेव च |

ज्ञानं विज्ञानमास्तिक्यं ब्रह्मकर्म स्वभावजम् ||

Meaning: Tranquility, restraint, austerity, purity, patience, integrity, knowledge, wisdom, and belief in a hereafter—these are the intrinsic qualities of work for Brahmins.

PRIDE is missing.

Those who possessed predominantly sāttvic natures were the Brahmins. Their primary duties were to undertake austerities, practice purity of mind, do devotion, and inspire others by their examples. Thus, they were expected to be tolerant, humble, and spiritually minded. They were expected to perform Vedic rituals for themselves and for the other classes. Their nature inclined them toward a love for knowledge. So, the profession of teaching—cultivating knowledge and sharing it with others—was also suitable for them. Although they did not participate in the government administration themselves, they guided the executives. And because they possessed wisdom of the scriptures, their views on social and political matters were greatly valued.

So even as per bhagwan Krishna, a person is a Brahmin only by his karma not by his birth. I hope krishna has cleared your doubt now.

??

Who is a brahmin? What does he do? How does he behave? Just by being born in a brahmin family and wearing the sacred thread around his neck does not become qualified to be a brahmin. A person born in a Doctors family does not make him a doctor by birth. He has to get the necessary qualification to become a doctor. He has to undergo training and retain that knowledge to be called a doctor. Similarly Lord Sri Krishna says I created these four order according to their intrinsic qualities and both by birth. Majority are by definition the fourth class only.

Just giving my two cents worth. Whether it be the IITs, the IIMs or any other renowned educational institution, be it the Faculty or the Students, there is a definite Brahmin dominance. They have not been handed over the position or the seats on a platter.

The drop outs due to under performance is high among people who were handed over seats on a platter - IIT council has suggested conferring B.Sc degree after 3 years instead of sending them out. I remember this was practiced in Madras university decades back - Underperformers were recommended to B.A. with out Hons. The fees to M.Tech to be increased to 2L - to discourage non serious candidate who drop out in the middle to be admitted. The faculty to be reviewed and evaluated of their work & academic outputs

'Social Justice' brigade Mandal Gang & சிறுத்தைகள் will create ruckus on roads! Left liberals to follow it up with words of war in twitter

We all brahmins need to change, in Kali Yuga Spiritual progress will not be recognized or respected, 90 to 99% of the world only recognizes and respects material progress.
We brahmins have to be innovative in our work, the next 100 big thing/innovation has to be from within our community.
We need to ask ourselves why was the Mobile phone invented by someone else and not one of us, similarly the innovations such as Internet, Social Media, Apps and App based technologies, AI/ML etc etc.
Too prove that Brahmins are Intellectually atleast at par with the best of the best in the world most of the next gen innovations have to be from within us.
Lets work towards that, lets get all the Brahmins on this planet on a single platform and incubate new ideas and fund them and create next gen tools and technologies. Lets put a million dents (constructive disruptions) in the universe.
Without this, just being devout, spiritual and orthodox will lead us no where. Our next generations will cease to be Brahmins and in another 200 to 300 yrs Brahmins as a community will be extinct.

The drop outs due to under performance is high among people who were handed over seats on a platter - IIT council has suggested conferring B.Sc degree after 3 years instead of sending them out. I remember this was practiced in Madras university decades back - Underperformers were recommended to B.A. with out Hons. The fees to M.Tech to be increased to 2L - to discourage non serious candidate who drop out in the middle to be admitted. The faculty to be reviewed and evaluated of their work & academic outputs

'Social Justice' brigade Mandal Gang & சிறுத்தைகள் will create ruckus on roads! Left liberals to follow it up with words of war in twitter
The Director of IIM Ahmedabad is fighting tooth and nail to ensure that admission to the PhD courses in IIM Ahmedabad is purely on merit basis since he feels that the very objective of the PhD courses would be defeated if candidates are admitted to this prestigious course on the basis of reservations. Most unfortunately, a Professor and a Fellow of IIM Bengaluru are blowing the issue out of proportion.

I am all for an inclusive society where the backward sections, irrespective of caste, creed and religion, should be provided opportunities for development and progress. But rather than purely admitting students on reservation basis which is self- defeating for the students, it would be far more prudent for the elite institutions to provide special coaching facilities free of cost and thereafter scholarships on securing admission to these students. The Government can consider a special grant for this purpose. If the students, who have availed the special coaching, are able to perform well in the entrance tests, they would be on the same footing as meritorious candidates and scholarships would ensure their continued education.

The suggestion of the IIT Council to confer a B.Sc degree to those students who are unable to cope up with the rigorous IIT scheduled is commendable.

Of far greater concern and one that needs immediate attention is the tendency of students, who are unable to cope up with the study pressure, to commit suicide, particularly in the IITs. This, despite the fact, that counseling is available for IIT students. Not only is there a loss of a precious human life but this plunges the parents into unbearable grief for eternity. Regular interaction by professional student counsellors and monitoring of weak students should be undertaken to minimise, if not eliminate, these unfortunate and sad incidents.

The information is humbug. This comes in new form every now and then.
The originator of the data is wanting to whip up anti brahmin frenzy. There is hardly anything to be proud about except that NaMo has selected some good Brahmins as Cabinet Ministers. Otherwise our community is languishing in Tamil Nadu with just a single Brahmin MLA, no Lok sabha MP, no Mayor or head of any local body, hardly any interest in IAS, IPS or IFS, hardly any seat in Medical colleges and community population withering with every passing day. Community is in its winter.Will spring ever come by ?

The information is humbug. This comes in new form every now and then.
The originator of the data is wanting to whip up anti brahmin frenzy. There is hardly anything to be proud about except that NaMo has selected some good Brahmins as Cabinet Ministers. Otherwise our community is languishing in Tamil Nadu with just a single Brahmin MLA, no Lok sabha MP, no Mayor or head of any local body, hardly any interest in IAS, IPS or IFS, hardly any seat in Medical colleges and community population withering with every passing day. Community is in its winter.Will spring ever come by ?

You need to go where there is spring.

Quote: All the Aggarwals, Kejriwals, Jhunjhunwalas, Tibrewalas etc. are Brahmins ....Unquote

There are Banias & are are not Brahmins...They are very intelligent and Business runs in their veins...They will easily trounce the North Indian Brahmin amd will give Tamil Brahmins a run for their money...We can learn a lot from them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back