• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Praying Lord Narasimha during Pradosham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pradosham is related to Shiva worship. Pradosham on Saturdays is generally being treated very special.

What is the significance of Narasimha worship on Pradosham day? It can be equated with Ammavasai and Abdul Khader.

Pradosham is related to Shiva worship. Pradosham on Saturdays is generally being treated very special.

What is the significance of Narasimha worship on Pradosham day? It can be equated with Ammavasai and Abdul Khader.

If you do not know the answer go thru the puranas. Do not give irrelevant answer. Go and see in any narasimha temple during pradosham timings. Because you are Iyer you do not know the significance.

Chandruji,

Will you please tell us what is the significance of the special worship of Siva on pradosham day?

Chandruji,

Will you please tell us what is the significance of the special worship of Siva on pradosham day?

Sir,

At least for the sake of Pradosham significance, please visit Kapaleeswarar Temple where you can find the description opposite to Sundareswarar Sannadhi.

I know Narasimha Avatar ..Ammavasai etc but who is Abdul Khader?

@Chandru1849------Answer the question special worship of siva on pradosham day---You have given At least for the sake of Pradosham significance, please visit Kapaleeswarar Temple where you can find the description opposite to Sundareswarar Sannadhi. For this one has t find time and money. If you know the answer share this in this forum.

found this in one blog while surfing.....
Narasimha is Narayana and Sadashiva (from one of indiadivine pages)

Found this in indiadevine site(http://www.indiadivine.org/members/gokulkr.html ) , and I loved reading it.

Wish to share the same.

Narasimha is Narayana and Sadashiva

Problem is that many people hassnt understood "Narasimhadeva". Narasimhadeva has no begginning or end. He is Original "Narayana". He is source of all avatars. He is source of heat of the sun and keeping cool laxmi maa (parashakti) on his chest/lap. He has nine planets in his divine face. All panch buthas are at his feet. All gods do their job by his fear or bakthi towards him.

He is keeping yoga-maya as his illusinory energy. He is the aadi omkara jwala. He is Narayana. All mantras, tantras, sastras, weapons come from him and surrender within him. He generated Maha-Sudarshana Chakra from it all gods got their weapons. He controls the time thru his kala-chakra. (behind every sudarsha chakra shrine you can see narasimha sitting). He ends everything thru his third eye at end of kalpa. At that time he himself is Sada-shiva or mahaa-kalaa. For Vaishnavas he gives his divine darshan thru his divine Vasudeva form. For Shaivas [rudras followers (not pseudo-shaivas)] or Siddas or Rishis he gives watever powers they ask by giving darshan in form of divine aadi-jyoti.
They worship him in form of Linga. He is the one who resides within each linga. Rudra represents our body. Linga represents our aatma.
Inside our aatma "narasimha" resides as aatma-jyothi. In all shiva temples you can see rudra outside as urchava, since hes outside the linga. Inside linga it is "Narasimha - the param jyoti" residing. Whenever siddhas enjoy bliss of this jyoti they dance with joy. Since this dance is divine, this dance is taken as form of worship. Rudra being a chief of all siddhas dances in this way so hes called nataraja. Dance is called bharatanatyam. During shivarathri siddhas (including rudra) realises this parama-jyoti. So special Worship is done at siddha pittas, rudra temples and shiva-lingas as parama-jyoti is residing inside the linga (aatma).
The above truth is beautifully illustrated by Madhvacharya. Shivarathri are celebreated by Madhvas also. Pradhosam is celebreated in all great Narasimha temples.

At Pradosham time Narashima gave darshan to everyone. At this time he accepts all prayers of devas, rudra, brahma and gurus. So at pradosham time, in shiva temples only nandi is collecting prayer from us as rudra is busy in worshippine narasimha (eventhough shaivatees will say something reverse).
When Rudra tells in his Gita that Sada-Siva is supreme, he is actually referring Narayana(Narasimha). Since Gita told by Rudra (in padma purana) may create confusion, all acharyas took "Bhagavath Gita" told by Lord Krishna (narasimha himself) as authorotative. Read Narasimha Upanishads, Narashima Sahasranama and Narasihma Purana. There everything explained clearly.

Also Read Sri Vedantha Desikars commentary about Narasimhadeva. he clearly explains above. Also Nammalwar told It is Narasimha residing everywhere. Even in Vishnu Sahasranama it is Narasimha pointed out at many times. It is narasimha praised as Sadashiva in "shiva sahasranama". All Gods have praised stotras in praise of Narashima. Even Narasimhas own avatars have worshipped and praised Narasimhadeva. So whenever someone tells Rama/krishna worshipped linga then it shuold be understood that they worshiiped Narasimha thru linga. Worshpiing Narasimha in form of linga is very ancient method as its easy to make a linga than sculpting his divine form. Only after people gained mastery over crafts they started sculpting narasimha and his divine forms. Both Madhvacharya and Vedantha desikar had told that when narasimha killed hiranyakashipu, blood of hiranya was consumed by narasimadeva to wash off his sins(as requested by prahlada alwar), [in narasimha temples panaga representing blood is given as prasada to narasimhadeva]. hiranyas hide(skin) was worn by virabadra, hiranyas head is accepted by Kaalidevi, hiranyas soul is given to saraba(death ie., rudra) who made sure that this aatma will born again according to its karma. Even death(saraba) is controlled by Narasimha only.
Narsimhadeva's anger was calmed down by Prahladalwar's prayers (as God stoops down to devotees pure prayers, he cant be controlled thru ahankara). But shivapurana being tamasic it illustrates everything as reverse just as kaali devotees wrongly tell as though kaali defeated rudra (but actually rudra defeated kaali). It is Narasimhadeva standing in his divine form as "Venkateswara" in Tirumala as to his devotees as he always gives darshan thru his divine Vasudeva form. Since Vaishnavas are soft-hearted Narasimha always gives darshan in form of divine Vasudeva form. Thats why worshppinh Narasimha in form of Vasudeva, Rama, krishna is much more prevalent than form of Narasimha himself. Om Namo Narayanaya.

Very good explanation. Narashimhadeva is a powerful God and the connection with Pradhosham is clearly very well articulated by the "indiadivine.org" and posted for our sake by Ganesh65. Anybody who workships HIM as Narasimhadeva will have his prayers answered.

Thank you, Ganesh for posting this article and tamilbrahmin for such wonderful debates and discussion

kgpal

Gopal

@Ganesh-----Very useful article----thanks for sharing-----around 75% I know from that article remaining 25% I upgraded my knowledge thru that article.

Narasimha killed Hiranyakasibu only in the evening.i.e., considered as Nitya pro-Dasha.At that time one should not sleep or eat because of the divine nature of the time which will give maximum Prayer benefits.In that time only, Shiva performed drinking poison to save devas and also performed 'Ajab' dance in the middle of Nandhikeswara's two horns.That's why, when visiting Shiva temple, we should have darshan of Nandi and after that we have to see shiva in between two horns of Nandi, get his permission to enter and then go inside the temple.

Sir,

At least for the sake of Pradosham significance, please visit Kapaleeswarar Temple where you can find the description opposite to Sundareswarar Sannadhi.

Chandruji,

It appears you are reluctant to reproduce here whatever is exhibited there in the Mylapore temple. LOL. If it is such a bad unprintable message do not post it here. You may get banned. I stay away from Mylapore and so I will have to wait until my next visit to that temple. I will go there, read it and then come here to reproduce it for the benefit of the members here. LOL.

Pradosha Kala Darshanam,
Antram Maala Vibhooshanam,
Sushanta Bhakta Palakam,
Namaami Sri Narasimham.

Heard there was a spin bowler in Pakistan with that name!! LOL

images

Chandruji,

It appears you are reluctant to reproduce here whatever is exhibited there in the Mylapore temple. LOL. If it is such a bad unprintable message do not post it here. You may get banned. I stay away from Mylapore and so I will have to wait until my next visit to that temple. I will go there, read it and then come here to reproduce it for the benefit of the members here. LOL.

Sir,

I used to visit Kapali Temple every Monday. This blog appears today. Anyhow, if time permits, I shall make a visit, read it and reproduce here.

The message is printable and there is no Krishla Leela attached to it.

Abdul Khader is a muslim name generally associated with Ammavasai.

hi chandru sir,,

now a days ...both are very close each other.....may be...after some years....Abdhul khader will do Ammavasai

tharpanam very soon...becoz if he marry brahmin gal....he will become ABDHUL KAHADER IYER....wait and see..

hi chandru sir,,

now a days ...both are very close each other.....may be...after some years....Abdhul khader will do Ammavasai

tharpanam very soon...becoz if he marry brahmin gal....he will become ABDHUL KAHADER IYER....wait and see..

I don't think it is possible. This may happen with Christians.

I have been watching 'SOLLUVATHELLAM UNNMAI' being telecast by Zee Tamil daily between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., with repeat telecast next day between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. Whenever there is any Hindu / Muslim issue, invariably the Hindu, irrespective of gender, getting converted to Islam. In one episode, a Hindu boy after marrying a Muslim girl became a Muslim. Since he is not looking after her well, the girl was married to a Muslim. The boy who was converted is facing problems with his family members. His condition become 'THIRISANGU SORGHAM'.

Can u tell me any Muslim boy was converted to Hinduism due to affair with Hindu girl? Have u come across any such incidence?

I don't think it is possible. This may happen with Christians.

I have been watching 'SOLLUVATHELLAM UNNMAI' being telecast by Zee Tamil daily between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m., with repeat telecast next day between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. Whenever there is any Hindu / Muslim issue, invariably the Hindu, irrespective of gender, getting converted to Islam. In one episode, a Hindu boy after marrying a Muslim girl became a Muslim. Since he is not looking after her well, the girl was married to a Muslim. The boy who was converted is facing problems with his family members. His condition become 'THIRISANGU SORGHAM'.

Can u tell me any Muslim boy was converted to Hinduism due to affair with Hindu girl? Have u come across any such incidence?
hi

many muslim boys marrying brahmin gals......generally no conversion in HIINDUISM....nobody wants to do....becoz of

hindu gal influence...may be some may follow hinduism....even i watch SOLVATHELLAM UNMAI regularly.....

The message is printable and there is no Krishla Leela attached to it.

Chandruji,

If Krishna Leela was attached to it it would have become much more useful and would have been sung with aplomb in the Mylapore sabhas every year during the music season. So it must be some dull and drab stuff, the only attraction being the word Lingam in it. LOL.

Have you ever attended the Alangudi Bhajanotsavam which is conducted every year? The Gopika Geetham is soulfully played out there set to beautiful soulfull music. If you have not attended please try it atleast this year. You will sure benefit. LOL.

And, have you ever visited the Ambalapuzha Sri Krishna Temple? There, when you get a chance to visit next time, try to listen to the Jayadeva's ashtapathi being sung by an old man accompanied by just a single Udukkai as the Tala vadhya when the yavanika is down and the alankaram is going on in the garbgriha.

You will just melt and merge with the deity when the yavanika goes up again. That is what Krishna gaanam does to a discerning human being.

Of course I would also agree that there are certain life forms which can not understand the flavour of Karpooram. LOL. Just kidding.

Chandruji,

If Krishna Leela was attached to it it would have become much more useful and would have been sung with aplomb in the Mylapore sabhas every year during the music season. So it must be some dull and drab stuff, the only attraction being the word Lingam in it. LOL.

Have you ever attended the Alangudi Bhajanotsavam which is conducted every year? The Gopika Geetham is soulfully played out there set to beautiful soulfull music. If you have not attended please try it atleast this year. You will sure benefit. LOL.

And, have you ever visited the Ambalapuzha Sri Krishna Temple? There, when you get a chance to visit next time, try to listen to the Jayadeva's ashtapathi being sung by an old man accompanied by just a single Udukkai as the Tala vadhya when the yavanika is down and the alankaram is going on in the garbgriha.

You will just melt and merge with the deity when the yavanika goes up again. That is what Krishna gaanam does to a discerning human being.

Of course I would also agree that there are certain life forms which can not understand the flavour of Karpooram. LOL. Just kidding.

Sir,

First, I am not leela-centric, not interested in Bhajani (!) and have faith in single pathini concept.

Secondly, use of karpooram is prohibited in Temples, and its flavour which can be understood or not has no use, at least in temples. Of course, there are certain life forms which cannot be corrected despite prohibition.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

many muslim boys marrying brahmin gals......generally no conversion in HIINDUISM....nobody wants to do....becoz of

hindu gal influence...may be some may follow hinduism....even i watch SOLVATHELLAM UNMAI regularly.....

Yesterday's program was far more interesting. The girl, her parents and her husband have Hindu names. But they are Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back