• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Power of Appreciation ( to Each Other) - Message From a Member. ( I am a messenger).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectable members, Greetings.

He was a young man who validated parking tickets. Along with validating parking tickets, he was validating the patrons psyche too. Everybody was benefited psychologically when came in contact with him. He bacame famous, everyone wanted to hear from him.

Until one day, when he could not cheer up a young lady. After many unsuccessful attempts, he became flat.

But not for long. He got back to business of cheering up everyone. He met that young lady again.....

One of of the silent members of our forum sent me this link to be posted in the forum for the benefit all the members. Here is the link....

YouTube - ‪Validation‬‏

(It is a lovely short film).

Gist of the member's message is.....

" Will you please forward the link in any of the threads of this forum for me? It is really worth watching. If members in the forum are like that to each other, The forum will be such a happy blissful place!!!"

Cheers!

Shri Raghy sir,

I watched the video but could not follow much of what was being said in foreign accent, that too rapidly. Still, my guess is that each one here should praise others, according to the pm sender. But does he want only a MAS? I do not think so. Eating sweet always is harmful for health; only a wise mix of different tastes makes the meals good.

Shri Raghy sir,

I watched the video but could not follow much of what was being said in foreign accent, that too rapidly. Still, my guess is that each one here should praise others, according to the pm sender. But does he want only a MAS? I do not think so. Eating sweet always is harmful for health; only a wise mix of different tastes makes the meals good.

Sri.Sarma Sir, Greetings.

From what I understand, the expectation is not 'praising each other'. Expectation is appreciating each other; Expectation is encouraging each other; such acts would provide psychological boosting. I do not know the expansion for MAS; sorry, I can't comment on that. You are right; it is nice to have a mixture. But, often times, the sweet argues against savory; salt rebels against sour taste. That silent member thinks why can't we be complimenting each other, such complimenting would make everyone happy.

Validation a parking ticket means, one does not have to pay any parking charges under certain conditions, one being using the parking only for a period of time like one hour or two hours. It is a boring monotonous job, stamping the validation. This youngman keeps everyone cheered from that job.

That young lady in the 'Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)' is instructed to take pictures without smile for licence (I don't know why! I was told that too. It was quite hard for me. Ended up getting a passable picture).

She stopped smiling when her mother became sick and stopped smiling. This young man had her mother smiling which improved her health; in turn, the young lady started smiling and had everyone smiling, for which she lost her job in DMV. She suspected it was the same youngman who tried to cheer her up, cheered up her mother. She visited every place where she could park her car and paid parking fees in search for him. At last he found her.

Moral of the story is extend a psychological support which would make others and the supporter happy.

In Sydney, once started a campaign 'Free Hugs'. That was to connect with others too. I hope, you get the picture now. It actually happened and spread all over the world. 'A Hug' is a very common occurance. ( I do that too all the time). This is the 'Free Hug' campaign song. It is very popular as you can see from the number of views.

YouTube - ‪Free Hugs Campaign - Official Page (music by Sick Puppies.net )‬‏

Cheers!

Sri.Sarma Sir, Greetings.

In Sydney, once started a campaign 'Free Hugs'. That was to connect with others too. I hope, you get the picture now. It actually happened and spread all over the world. 'A Hug' is a very common occurance. ( I do that too all the time). This is the 'Free Hug' campaign song. It is very popular as you can see from the number of views.

YouTube - ‪Free Hugs Campaign - Official Page (music by Sick Puppies.net )‬‏

Cheers!

Shri Raghy sir,

Thanks for taking so much trouble in explaining the video to me, and may be many others too. The Free Hugs video typically shows the man hugging females mostly; I saw only one male (?) on skater hugging him.

According to our culture, we do not consider "hugging" as a desirable way of showing affection except between very close relatives — mother and child, father and son, husband and wife, with some exceptions in these also. It is believed that such physical contact will affect the "aura" of the two persons hugging each other and will influence both in subtle means. That is why we either perform a "namasthe" with folded hands or a complete "namaskaaram" when possible, especially to very respected people, including the idol of God.

I have reasons to believe in this "aura" theory because, one of my close relatives was taking great interest in the "reiki" healing and he seemed to be rather successful in it also. Hence, he was making much money too because, at its core this Reiki was a money spinning thing like pyramid marketing, like am-way. Soon, he started getting health complaints, though of minor nature, continuously. Ultimately he consulted a Swamiji who told him, "only teach reiki, for earning, but don't cure, because in that process the unhealthy aura of your patients is affecting you."

Anyway he left reiki thing completely and has no health problems now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back