• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Please clarify my doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
is caste -based superiority complex, a psychological disorder?

dear brothers and sisters of sanatana dharma,

i need your help to clarify my doubt. Is caste-based superiority complex a psychological disorder? I am a professional psychologist and for the past several years, i am trying to findout the cause of caste-based superiority complex. All the so called psychological disorders are discovered by westerners and accepted by indians. There are some contribution to psychology in india which is undeniable.

In my own life, i have come across several incidences on caste-based superiority complex. " my own (late)grandma is a blind follower of caste codes. She always behaved with the other caste people in a very sarcastic manner. I understood that she has a caste-based superiority complex and tried to correct her. One day i asked her the reason for her rude behavior. She replied in a casual way " my parents, grandparents and relatives, all have this superiority complex, we should always maintain distance with them, they have to be considered inferior".

My role as a psychologist starts here, i used my counselling techniques. I politely asked her what is the difference she perceives between her and a other caste person. I told her both of them have the same organs and both of their blood looks red. Both of them grow old, one day both of them are going to die. I used some empirical evidence to show that there is less difference between them. There may be some variation in complexion, in intelligence and cultural background. I asked her does she feels superior on the grounds of these, she promptly refused. The only thing she repeated is " this is the behaviour which i learnt from my parents, grandparents and relatives i have to follow the same". She is not ready to reflect on her behaviour. Counselling doesn't work without the cooperation of clients.

I concluded(this might be wrong) that this caste based- superiority complex might be an untreated psychological disoder in india, which passes genetically from generation to generation.

Cognitive behaviour therapy is one of the effective psychotherapy. According to it " maladaptive(problematic) thoughts is the cause of maladaptive(problematic) behaviour". Here maladaptive thought is caste-based superiority complex which leads to the problematic sarcastic behaviour towards other caste people. If this maladaptive thought is corrected the maladaptive behaviour can also be corrected.

So what are the ways to correct this caste-based superiority complex. I personaly prefer proper spiritual training to rectify this problematic thoughts.

1. proper training in our vedantic and bhakthi philosophy may correct this problematic thought, by making them understand that god is present in all beings, and if they insult any beings , it is nothing but insulting god.
why i put it in this forum is, many of our granparents, some times parents, relatives unfortunely we ourselves are affected by this caste-based superiority complex which leads to perceive others in an inferior way damaging them psychologically.

I request other brothers and sisters to give me, much more input on this.

Dear Shri.Krishnathilak,
I agree more than cent per cent with what you have said in your above post.I will be extremely happy if persons having assumed superiority
complex(from whichever community/religion they hail)realise their folly and correct themselves.This will lead to better human relationships.
I must confess that I had also this wrong notion of 'Superiority Complex' in my childhood.When I came out of my village and started moving in the outside world I could understand and correct my thinking which helped me a lot in my future life.
I still remember a poor boy by name'PAKUTHI'(perhaps from a so called lower caste) in my class.Most of the students including the teacher
were from forward community.Whenever the teacher found Pakuthi sleeping in the class he was asked to come to the Dais.The teacher used to harass the boy with unwanted questions whether he was in the habit of brushing his teeth daily and whether he was taking bath at least once a year.The teacher used to hold the boy with his hair and dash him against the Board.The boy stopped coming to the School.All the boys including myself used to laugh without realising then,how much mental agony the poor boy would have underwent.
Later years whenever I went to my native village,I had occasion to see Thiru.PAKUTHI(he was not recognizing me and I was virtually afraid and guilty conscious to interact with him)walking in the street wearing a silk kurtha.I was told that he was a local leader of some political party in our village.I know of several cases where teachers from so called superior castes ill treat girls from poor families for not completing the homework
without trying to understand the real reason and some of the sensitive girls had attempted to end their life,thus causing additional financial burden to their parents.
I would request you to start a topic on'Negative thinking' and how to avoid being always negative in one's approach.My experience is this negativity harms that person most and affect normal human relationships.

My role as a psychologist starts here, i used my counselling techniques. I politely asked her what is the difference she perceives between her and a other caste person. I told her both of them have the same organs and both of their blood looks red. Both of them grow old, one day both of them are going to die. I used some empirical evidence to show that there is less difference between them. There may be some variation in complexion, in intelligence and cultural background. I asked her does she feels superior on the grounds of these, she promptly refused. The only thing she repeated is " this is the behaviour which i learnt from my parents, grandparents and relatives i have to follow the same".

krish,

welcome to this forum, and what looks like an intense thread. i have an initial murmur query of you, and based on your answer, i shall channel my approach to this query of yours. hope you don't mind. there is no trick question. it is just to understand your pov. and i hope you dont mind. ok?

before i proceed further, as a professional psychologist, under what coloured glasses did you include the 'intelligence' as a caste based criteria.

as you probably well understand, in the field of psychology, environment is given a prime factor in influencing behaviour and the level of knowledge based accomplishment.

as humans, to the best of my knowledge, not sure, if genes play a role in 'intelligence' as defined by you, and understood by your grandma.

so, please clarify this for me.

i wish to reassure you, that i am with you, in this immense headbanging against what i consider stonewall attitudes that we have, as a community, inherited from the past. to me, it is sad, that many today, accept an attitude that what is inherited from the ancestors (who could do no wrong) is வேத வாக்கு.

ஒத்திப்போ to other castes are our catchword. i am very glad that those days are gone, and when i see practitioners of such stupidity, foolish enough to utter such epithets, get the contempt from the society today, i am ever more gratified.

so, i am awaiting your response. hopefully we will all remember to be civil and courteous towards one and all, and above all, remember to reiterate that whatever we say, it is in the context of the the high regard and mutual respect that we hold for everyone in this forum.

thank you.

Dear Krishnatilak,

I would like to call it Superiority Complex Syndrome(SCS) as it plagues humanity per se and not always caste based.Its some what like a Delusion of Grandeur.

Types of SCS's

1)Rich vs Poor
2)Pretty vs less pretty
3)Fame vs lesser known
4)Higher caste vs lower caste
5)Educated vs ignorant
6)Sattva types vs tamas types
7)Theist vs Atheist
8)Atheist vs Theist
9)Vaishnava vs Shaiva and vice versa
10)Youth vs aged

the list can go on and on..

* I have use the word"vs" here to denote the pairs of opposites.

Etilogy

SCS has" evolved" and even "mutated" over the generations.It could have evolved due to innate human nature to propagate their own tribe.We(humans) needed to give ourselves some importance to ensure continuation of tribe.
Mode of transmission is oral route and by hear say method.
SCS is also oriented to time place and person and dynamic.

SCS is almost always duality based.. for example:

A rich,good looking film star with SCS will only be looking down upon someone who is his opposite and any other point of comparison is not important for example the caste or education of anyone is not important to a person intoxicated with money,fame and looks.

Specific causative factors

1)Lack of compassion
2)Lack of understanding of Humanity and lack of Human values.
3)Fanatism leading to various social and security problems in the world today.
4)A hidden inferiority complex..projected as a superiority complex..A person who only has money and no education will look down upon an educated person with less money cos he might secretly wish he had education.
5)Wrong interpretation of religous text
6)Ahamkara..I am the doer feeling.

I have not listed lack of religous understanding here cos I have seen some atheist who have compassion and human values which can outshine any believer.

Treatment:

1)No vaccine yet.
2)Education in Human Values.
3)Instilling compassion at an early age.
4)For those who follow an organized religion which believes in the Doctrine of Karma and Rebirth..we have to remind ourselves that the Atma has inhabited various bodies and will keep on doing so..so what is ours today will not be ours in next birth..so no use holding on too tight to anything.
we would have been in a previous life and might even be in our next life what we look down upon so much now.
5)Contemplate on meaning of Nirvana(Atma) Shatakam its very neutral for both believers and non believers.
6)Finally..these golden words can never go wrong for both believers and non believers

ESSENCE OF
BHAGAVAD GITA
Whatever has happened, has happened for good.
Whatever is happening, is happening for good.
Whatever is going to happen, it will be for good.
What have you lost for which you cry?
What did you bring with you, which you have lost?
What did you produce, which has destroyed?
You did not bring anything when you were born.
Whatever you have, you have received from Him.
Whatever you will give, you will give to Him.
You came empty handed and you will go the same way.

Whatever is yours today was somebody else's yesterday and will be somebody else's tomorrow.

SO WHY WORRY UNNECESSARILY?
Change is the law of the universe.

Last edited:
is caste -based superiority complex, a psychological disorder?

dear brothers and sisters of sanatana dharma,

i need your help to clarify my doubt. Is caste-based superiority complex a psychological disorder? I am a professional psychologist and for the past several years, i am trying to findout the cause of caste-based superiority complex. All the so called psychological disorders are discovered by westerners and accepted by indians. There are some contribution to psychology in india which is undeniable.

In my own life, i have come across several incidences on caste-based superiority complex. " my own (late)grandma is a blind follower of caste codes. She always behaved with the other caste people in a very sarcastic manner. I understood that she has a caste-based superiority complex and tried to correct her. One day i asked her the reason for her rude behavior. She replied in a casual way " my parents, grandparents and relatives, all have this superiority complex, we should always maintain distance with them, they have to be considered inferior".

My role as a psychologist starts here, i used my counselling techniques. I politely asked her what is the difference she perceives between her and a other caste person. I told her both of them have the same organs and both of their blood looks red. Both of them grow old, one day both of them are going to die. I used some empirical evidence to show that there is less difference between them. There may be some variation in complexion, in intelligence and cultural background. I asked her does she feels superior on the grounds of these, she promptly refused. The only thing she repeated is " this is the behaviour which i learnt from my parents, grandparents and relatives i have to follow the same". She is not ready to reflect on her behaviour. Counselling doesn't work without the cooperation of clients.

I concluded(this might be wrong) that this caste based- superiority complex might be an untreated psychological disoder in india, which passes genetically from generation to generation.

Cognitive behaviour therapy is one of the effective psychotherapy. According to it " maladaptive(problematic) thoughts is the cause of maladaptive(problematic) behaviour". Here maladaptive thought is caste-based superiority complex which leads to the problematic sarcastic behaviour towards other caste people. If this maladaptive thought is corrected the maladaptive behaviour can also be corrected.

So what are the ways to correct this caste-based superiority complex. I personaly prefer proper spiritual training to rectify this problematic thoughts.

1. proper training in our vedantic and bhakthi philosophy may correct this problematic thought, by making them understand that god is present in all beings, and if they insult any beings , it is nothing but insulting god.

why i put it in this forum is, many of our granparents, some times parents, relatives unfortunely we ourselves are affected by this caste-based superiority complex which leads to perceive others in an inferior way damaging them psychologically.

I request other brothers and sisters to give me, much more input on this.

Shri Krishnatilak ji,

My observations as an ordinary man-in-the street, with no additional knowledge or qualifications, are as under:—

1. The most serious blunder you propose is IMO, “proper training in our vedantic and bhakthi philosophy may correct this problematic thought, by making them understand that god is present in all beings, and if they insult any beings , it is nothing but insulting god.” I have seen a few initial posts of yours relating to bhakti & bhaktas; these are OK for forum posts but treating them as “panacea” for every type of illness is foolish, to put it mildly.
You will be well aware of the truth that the caste superiority has thrived in Indian society side by side with the growths of philosophy as well as of bhakti, thus proving both of these as utterly ineffective instruments to combat casteism.

I am sure your grandmother must have read or at least heard of “[FONT=&quot]ś[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ī[/FONT][FONT=&quot]mah[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ā[/FONT][FONT=&quot] bhaktavijaya[/FONT]” and the contents thereof, especially if you belong to Maharashtrian stock. Most of the elderly women used to possess a copy of this text in their mother tongue. If the reading of such tales has not been able to alter her nature, what other new inputs do you propose to give her?

The sad but true fact is that the Bhakti movements (which might have had egalitarian objectives at the start) have all been so nicely transformed into subserving the caste-based hierarchical social psychology, by our forefathers who probably were psychologists who were probably a thousand or even million times as skilled as you, that today, it is well-nigh unthinkable and impossible to inculcate equality of all humans through a dose of “Bhakti”. If you want to be convinced, kindly go to any place where you think “bhakti philosophy” (incidentally, there is no such accepted philosophy) is being disseminated and see for yourself whether all people are given equal treatment.

2. I feel that instead of spending time and energy in bringing about a change in outlook of your grandmother, better utilize these to give an egalitarian world view to your kids. For that, the acid test is to constantly evaluate your own actions and ensure that you set the true example for your children, at all costs.

"So what are the ways to correct this caste-based superiority complex. I personaly prefer proper spiritual training to rectify this problematic thoughts.

why i put it in this forum is, many of our granparents, some times parents, relatives unfortunely we ourselves are affected by this caste-based superiority complex which leads to perceive others in an inferior way damaging them psychologically."

Hello Krish:

Welcome. You asked a very fundamental question of human behavior - as others here indicated this behavior is not restricted to caste-based alone...

Since you focused only on the caste-based Superiority Complex, let us confine our analysis only to it -

Ask the basic question how did we get all this religions, castes and the related activities in the Society?

IMO, all religions/castes were invented by some human personality for the sake of controlling the masses, to dominate them and thus benefit personally in some way or the other.

Again, the caste-based hierarchy was also the invention of this human being: I call them the Godmen.

Your grandma just followed the tradition, which even today many people believe is very precious - and as an expression of one's culture it must be followed as much as possible.

Thankfully, there is a massive movement of people who walk away from the old traditions and to live with the new knowledge and arguments offered by the scientific approach. This is what you tried to do with your grandma, and unfortunately you did not succeed.

Regrettably, the solution you propose "proper training in our vedantic and bhakthi philosophy" is the WRONG way to go, IMO.

The key word is "proper".. What's proper to you may not be so for the traditionally inclined human beings living in this early 21st century.

My answer is to bring SCIENTIFIC approach to everyday life... which means just don't accept in any "Belief/Religion/Caste based" TRADITIONS.

Since most human beings are FEARFUL of the unknown...they would like to be ruled by the man-made Religious Cults and Castes and the ensuing TRADITIONS! They will stick to that no matter what!!

Cheers.

Last edited:
dear sir,

i fully agree with you. environment is the main contributing factor of intelligence, but there are some researches which say that genetic factors also play some crucial role.

above all, whether intelligence or complexion or whatever may be, it is respect and love for our fellow beings which will really make us superior.

dear sir,

i fully agree with you. environment is the main contributing factor of intelligence, but there are some researches which say that genetic factors also play some crucial role.

above all, whether intelligence or complexion or whatever may be, it is respect and love for our fellow beings which will really make us superior.

Sir,

I feel there is some fundamental flaw in your basic outlook. You started with the CBSC of your grandma, and suggested proper training in our vedantic and bhakthi philosophy as its remedy. But back you come to "which will make us superior"! Don't you see that somehow, you also want to have that feeling of superiority which your grandma has secured effortlessly? Hence, my humble suggestion is to throw away that obsession with superiority and ways to acquire the same. I am under the impresssion that all superior qualities are beyond what we can cultivate through our efforts; we can only create superior behaviour, not qualities. And the first practical step of superior behaviour is humility, or, feeling equal to the others, not higher.

Sir,

I feel there is some fundamental flaw in your basic outlook. You started with the CBSC of your grandma, and suggested proper training in our vedantic and bhakthi philosophy as its remedy. But back you come to "which will make us superior"! Don't you see that somehow, you also want to have that feeling of superiority which your grandma has secured effortlessly? Hence, my humble suggestion is to throw away that obsession with superiority and ways to acquire the same. I am under the impresssion that all superior qualities are beyond what we can cultivate through our efforts; we can only create superior behaviour, not qualities. And the first practical step of superior behaviour is humility, or, feeling equal to the others, not higher.

Dear Sangom Sir,

Nice play with words.Your words " all superior qualities are beyond what we can cultivate through our efforts; we can only create superior behaviour, not qualities".form a nice knot. Won't you agree if someone says that it is because of your superior qualities your behavior is superior or that your superior behavior is a superior quality in you? Behavioral scientists talk about three ego states and most importantly say that there is nothing good or bad about an ego state. Every person keeps shifting from one ego state to another several times during his life time. It is advantageous to stand away from yourself, look at yourself and understand which ego state is ruling your behavior at a given time and the behavior of someone with whom you interact so that you make the interaction pleasant and useful. We can further expand this argument but it will become an alphabet soup! Again your words "feeling equal to the others, not higher". Differences between individuals is a given situation in the universe and if your case is that this is not true then I have nothing to argue with you. You can feel equal to others only as long as others feel equal to you. Again words become hollow and are hopelessly inadequate.

Last edited:
I would like to call it Superiority Complex Syndrome(SCS) as it plagues humanity per se and not always caste based.Its some what like a Delusion of Grandeur.
Nail on the head. I would rather rephrase your statement

I would like to call it Superiority Complex Syndrome(SCS) as it plagues humanity per se and one of its manifestations is through caste.Its some what like a Delusion of Grandeur

Even as boys many will remember the superior inferior feelings of the English medium and Tamil Medium school students. It was right there, wasnt it? Then there is the attitude of the high rankers in class. But many of those not so highly ranked have overtaken all those who had such feelings. It is a disgusting nature in humans and the cause for all trouble.

Dear Sangom Sir,

Nice play with words.Your words " all superior qualities are beyond what we can cultivate through our efforts; we can only create superior behaviour, not qualities".form a nice knot. Won't you agree if someone says that it is because of your superior qualities your behavior is superior or that your superior behavior is a superior quality in you? Behavioral scientists talk about three ego states and most importantly say that there is nothing good or bad about an ego state. Every person keeps shifting from one ego state to another several times during his life time. It is advantageous to stand away from yourself, look at yourself and understand which ego state is ruling your behavior at a given time and the behavior of someone with whom you interact so that you make the interaction pleasant and useful. We can further expand this argument but it will become an alphabet soup! Again your words "feeling equal to the others, not higher". Differences between individuals is a given situation in the universe and if your case is that this is not true then I have nothing to argue with you. You can feel equal to others only as long as others feel equal to you. Again words become hollow and are hopelessly inadequate.

Shri Raju,

I do not have any knowledge of behaviour science, ego states, etc. and what I wrote was my reaction as a very ordinary human being. If it has bound itself in a knot, so be it. (I am reminded of the very learned disciples of an equally learned guru arguing whether நெய் தொன்னைக்கு ஆதாரமா, தொன்னை நெய்க்கு ஆதாரமா?, etc., and losing both.)

Dear Sri.Krishnathilak, Greetings.

Is caste-based superiority complex a psychological disorder?

In my humble opinion, caste-based superiority complex (CBSC) may not be a psychological disorder. A psychological disorder can occur when a person lacks insight; lacks capacities to excercise an insight. CBSC seems to accepted norm in the society as of today. A lower caste person is expected to be submissive to a higher-caste person without any demands; that is the expected insight placed on the lower-caste persons. Presently, in most places, the higher-caste persons may not actually demand submission from the lower caste person;it is just automatic, the lower caste person should know the boundary and may not cross the imaginary line.

Caste-based Superiority Complex, in my opinion is, a social disorder; not just a personalised 'psychological disorder'.

In my humble opinion, you do have a perfectly co-operating client. Your grandmother reflects upfront, out spoken, honest replies. If she fails to relect on her behaviour, it is not her fault. It is the 'psychologists' fault for not providing proper environment to reflect. Personally, I will not blame the client. It is the client who needs the direction; it is the psychologiste who is supposed to provide that.

In my opinion, the therapy is not designed to bring a reflection on her behaviour. The therapy should involve directions from more authoritative persons/figures than just her parents and relatives. I really think, counselling a co-operative client like your grandmother would be a pleasure.

Cognitive behaviour therapy is one of the effective [COLOR=#da7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#da7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important]psychotherapy[/FONT][/FONT]
[/COLOR]. According to it " maladaptive(problematic) thoughts is the cause of maladaptive(problematic) behaviour". Here maladaptive thought is caste-based superiority complex which leads to the problematic sarcastic behaviour towards other caste people. If this maladaptive thought is corrected the maladaptive behaviour can also be corrected.

Your conclusion could be wrong. If one looks at CBSC as a social disorder, one may find CBSC as the social norm. Here the whole society lacks the insight. It is like a sinus gangrene set under the skin while the surface of the skin is perfectly covered.
[/COLOR]
proper training in our vedantic and bhakthi [COLOR=#da7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#DA7911 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]philosophy[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR] may correct this problematic thought, by making them understand that god is present in all beings, and if they insult any beings , it is nothing but insulting god.

Be it is Vedanta, puranas or scientific journals, people read only what they want to read from such lierature. I have met someone who marvelled God's power and thoughfulness citing from 'The Selfish Gene' by Richard Dawkins. Organised and targetted behaviours and literature were used to submit the masses; similar tactics can be used to un-submit the masses too.

Cheers!

[/COLOR]

dear sir,

i fully agree with you. environment is the main contributing factor of intelligence, but there are some researches which say that genetic factors also play some crucial role. -----------------------------------------------------
In the cosmopolitan way of life today and also when we have started living in cluster of flats the superiority complex is fastly dying down.I think no psychologist need to worry about it .In so many housing complexes we don"t know who is our neighbour.The superiority today is based on his earning and wealthy way of life. The children has no knowledge about castes and they are not likely to practice it .Then why do worry about grand parents who"s life are short.Think of future.If you don"t agree certain practices of yester years try to forget it and distance yourself kindly do not find fault with our fore fathers,for which we have NAASTHIKAS and ANTI BRAHMINS large numbers.

dear sir,

i fully agree with you. environment is the main contributing factor of intelligence, but there are some researches which say that genetic factors also play some crucial role. -----------------------------------------------------
In the cosmopolitan way of life today and also when we have started living in cluster of flats the superiority complex is fastly dying down.I think no psychologist need to worry about it .In so many housing complexes we don"t know who is our neighbour.The superiority today is based on his earning and wealthy way of life. The children has no knowledge about castes and they are not likely to practice it .Then why do worry about grand parents who"s life are short.Think of future.If you don"t agree certain practices of yester years try to forget it and distance yourself kindly do not find fault with our fore fathers,for which we have NAASTHIKAS and ANTI BRAHMINS large numbers.

Dear Sri.Wrongan Sir, Greetings.

Environment may be contributing factor for availability of education and quality of education; but intelligence may not just depend upon environment. I have met few illiterate persons who were very inteligent.

Majority of the population live in small towns and villages where CBSC is quite prevalent. If my memory serves me correct, some time in the past, Sri.Nara posted a newspaper article about a caste based incident that took place in Coimbatore city ( High caste hindus built a wall across an access to stop lower caste persons using their street; that wall came down, that was the 'news' ).

Cheers!

Dear Raghy sir, humble greetings.I am a retired engineer from state government.I have toured throughout Tamilnadu and also lived in many places in my service of 39years.In villages the caste system is practised by caste hindus(high caste )but not
so much by brahmins.The unlimited liberty, prefernces and doles given to the scheduled caste people are not bearable to the high caste hindus(specifically UNLIMITED.)over others. Another retrograde is PCR act.ie PROTECTION OF CIVIL
RIGHTS.A low caste man can point his finger against any body and he will be put behind the bars under this act.This highly provokes people to flame their animocity towards them. In villages the story is on the other way.The low caste people want to
dominate on other people suddenly. If the low caste( I am not branding them as low caste,they themself call them low caste---thaazhthappattavarkal.)people show some restrained and the caste hindus are ready to co-operate with them in the democratic way. A real story on this subject:;My sambanthi expired inside an
Agrahaaram in a small village in Thanjavur district some 8 years back.The lady was the wife of a land lord and village munsif and liked most by the people of other caste .When her cartage started for cremation all the people assembled stood away from the house and bid farewell standing at the end of the street.Nobody prevented them.They adopted the stand which was hitherto practiced by them.When we neared
the burning ground ,it was on the bank of a river,youngsters of all castes including harijans brahmins caste hindus were taking bath and playing in the water with out any seperation among them.The elderly brahmins also enjoyed their play. To
me it is the compulsion,preaching,interference by vested interest,undue support to
certain class of people are only the cause for the existence of caste system.If it is left to themselves things would come to level playing in near future.with pranams.

Dear Sri.Wrongan Sir, Greetings.

( Sir, you are elder to me; I should be humble to you and I should be submitting Pranams to you, please).

n villages the caste system is practised by caste hindus(high caste )but not
so much by brahmins.The unlimited liberty, prefernces and doles given to the scheduled caste people are not bearable to the high caste hindus(specifically UNLIMITED.)over others. Another retrograde is PCR act.ie PROTECTION OF CIVIL
RIGHTS.A low caste man can point his finger against any body and he will be put behind the bars under this act.This highly provokes people to flame their animocity towards them. In villages the story is on the other way.

Sir, I did not isolate brahmins. I also mentioned about 'high caste Hindus' in general. Some villages get together better than others. I noticed, mostly 'Amman Koil' festivals bring all the castes together. That closenes carrys on easily until the next festival. But the recent difficulty is, unemployment amoung educated youth in the villages. As per PCR act, I seldom see anyone complaining in my village; but don't know about other villages ( I am not a widely travelled person).

To me it is the compulsion,preaching,interference by vested interest,undue support to certain class of people are only the cause for the existence of caste system.If it is left to themselves things would come to level playing in near future.

But persons driven by ego will not let that happen though. Unfortunately, it takes only a minority of the persons to upset peaceful existence between various castes. I think, such upsetting persons are hopefully reducing in numbers. Still we have not come to the level of viewing all the Hindus at the equal level for all purposes. But, slowly and surely the inequalities are reducing. It may not completely vanish; but if it reduces considerably, then we can have much better society.

Cheers!

Dear Raghy, You can find in large numbers say in hundreds mudhaliyars,reddiyars,and other caste hindus affected by PCR Act.in villages around gummidipoondi,kavraipetti.thervoi gnayiru to mention a few.

Dear Raghy, You can find in large numbers say in hundreds mudhaliyars,reddiyars,and other caste hindus affected by PCR Act.in villages around gummidipoondi,kavraipetti.thervoi gnayiru to mention a few.

Sri.Wrogan Sir,

Gummidipoondi and Kavarai Pettai are close by to each other. Once I lived in Gummidipoondi. The biggest problem faced by the High caste Hindus was loosing their land in the industrial development. They did not get fair price for their land. They became poor almost overnight. Their children, sometimes the farmers themselves were forced to take up un-skilled labour work in the factories in order to feed the families.

My interaction in the villages were limited; so, it seems I missed about the PCR act etc. But, the equlibrium was shaken in those areas though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back