• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

can anyone please clarify how a brahmin childs birthdate is calculated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 months is the gestation period for average human baby.

If somebody is still expecting after 270 days, then either they do not know counting or expecting a camel to be born.
Gestation period - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you mean the birth day after the date of birth and you follow the Gregorian calendar it should 365-366 days.

Last edited:
the birth day is celebrated on the subsequent year on nakshatra /tamil month & it may be 255 days and may be more than 365 days in some years.in some years there will be two and we celebrate the first one
guruvayurappan

I feel it all depends on which calendar we are following.

Eid Ul Fitr is sometimes celebrated two times a year(It has happened before where Eid was in January and then again in December).

But if we are following the Gregorian calender than for all practical purposes the date of birth remains on the same day.

Last edited:
The Great Paramacharyal of Kanchi has mentioned once that we must take into count even the time period that the child was within the womb.

Example : Now let us assume that a person Rama was born on the first day of September in the year 1980.
Let us also assume that he was in the womb for Ten Months.

So, actually his date of birth is : First of November in the year 1979...Go back 10 months.

So, as per english calendar, it is day one on the day he was born.

But as per ANCIENT VEDIC SYSTEM, his age on the day of his birth, is the months and days he has spent in the womb.

There is a valid reason as well.

It is in the seventh month, that the soul gets into the body, through the 101st nerve channel.

IT IS SAID THAT THE SOUL, IF IT LEAVES THE BODY, THROUGH THE 101ST NERVE CHANNEL, IT IS LIBERATED FROM THE CYCLE OF BIRTH AND DEATH.

THAT IS THE REASON, THAT SANNYASIS PERFORM PRANAAYAMA REGULARLY, EVERYDAY, TO KEEP THIS CHANNEL CLEAR.

So you are saying life begins at conception. So in case of IVF the birth is in a petri dish. The doctor tries multiple times, but may succeed few, rest goes to garbage. Are you implying that genocide is committed? A women has a miscarriage due to accident, should she be punished for murder of the cild, in addition to guilt and disappointments?

When old men make Value judgement on women's issue, they should think twice. It is either ignorance or trying to control the reproductive right of the women. How is it any different from the Taliban view of suppressing women?

If you get liberated from death and birth cycle in that fashion, were the great rishis wrong to say that you have to have knowledge? Was Krishna wrong to preach the entire Gita?

Is our astrology all wrong because it is based on time of birth?
And why capital letters and that too in bold? In chat room, capital and bold means you are screaming at the top of your lungs.

It is clear that you have not read my response properly.

It was clearly mentioned " FOR CALCULATING THE AGE "

Many salient features of Astrology have vanished and few exist today who know the taatparyam.

So, your response is out of topic here. I repeat that I mentioned the AGE CALCULATION.

As for bold, well, i am aware of ENGLISH writing and BOLD means EMPHASIS...

Written in Red, we call it FIRE-MAIL ( similar to your terminology of SCREAMING )

As for OLD MEN commenting about WOMEN's ISSUES, LET ME TELL YOU Mister, whoever you are,

You would not even inch any closer to the shadow of the GREAT PARAMACHARYAL.

Your words and OUT-BURST show to all, that you are JUST ANOTHER MONGREL BLAGARD WITH YOUR PHYSICAL AGE HAVING TAKEN THE BETTER OF YOUR IMMATURE SMALL BRAIN.

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FROG IN THE HOLE IN THE WALL OF THE DRY WELL...

SO, IF YOUR KNEES PERMIT IT, GO, TAKE A WALK...

If you are like this, at this age, god knows what an arrogant rogueish rascal blaggard you would have been when you were in your twenties and thirties...

You seem to be a MARYAADHAGATTA VAAYADI VALARP SERIYA ILLAADHA ADHIKAPRASANGI

No wonder, your children would be ASURAS.

Poda...Nee Poda...Kattala poi vehaama po....

You have no MORAL STAND to even issue a letter of comment against MAHAANS

Shri Mukundan,

I am sorry to say that the way you express your dissent or difference of opinion shows you off (at least to me) as a person with a very low idea of decency in writing. FYI, I have reported this above post to the moderator.

Now coming to the calculation of the dob of a brahmin child, since you are citing the Kanchi Paramacharya, are you sure that His own Vardhanti days (i.e., birthdays in a slighty modified definition) were based on the time spent in mother's womb?

It has become convenient for tabras to add one more year when necessary so that they can justify celebrating Shashtiabdapoorthi or Sataabhishekam one year in advance. I was told that this has sanction in one of our Dharma Sastras but nobody has told me which Dharma Sastra says so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back