• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Our Veda, Upanishada, other oldScriptures

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VPK

Our Veda and other Grantha are accepted as source of rich knowledge. Modern scientists are searching and trying to know about the Universe. I beleive that knowledge about Universe is there in our old books. Probably we fail to understand and withdraw the right meaning from these texts. For this excellent knowldge of Sanskrit and analytical mind, which can see through, beyond the Sanskrit words, is essential.

Last edited:
Aano bhadhraa thrhuthvo yanthu vishvathaha – rig veda. Let noble thoughts come to us from all the universe – rig veda.

Sarvagum Hyethath Brahmaha; Ayamaathamaa Brahmaha – All I perceive all Brahman, My Aathman is also Brahman – Maandukya Upanishad.

Anoraniyaan Mahatho Mahiyaan Aathmasya Janthor Nihitho Guhaayam, Thamakrathuhu, Pashyathee Veetha Shoko, Dhaathu Psaadhaan Mahimaanam Aathmanah –
The Brahman is smaller than an atom but biggerthan the biggest, the one who perceives it in himself/herself in the cave of his/her heart (this is not the physical heart but the point in his Solar Plexus (this is known as Anaahatha Chakram in Raaja Yoga) is bereft of sorrows and realizes ITs greatness. – Thus spake Lprd Yama in Kata Upanishad.

MY E-MAIL: - [email protected]

I am a retired person. During my occupation I hardly could pay attention to some of the things. Now I get the time and thats how I am here.

Hanthaa Chane Manuyathe Hanthum Hathaschen Manyathe Hatham; Ubhow tha Vijaabwwtho Naayan Janthi Na Hanyathe = Katopanishadh.
¦¸¡øÀÅý ¦¸¡øž¡¸ ±ñ½¢É¡Öõ ¦¸¡øÄôÀð¼Åý ¦¸¡øÄôÀ𼾡¸ ±ñ½¢É¡Öõ þÕÅÕ§Á ¬òÁ¡¨Å «¡¢Â¡¾Å÷¸û. ¬òÁ¡ ¦¸¡øÅÐÁ¢ø¨Ä ¦¸¡øÄôÀÎÀÐÁ¢ø¨Ä - ¸§¼¡ÀÀ¢„ò.

Katopanishadh.

Hanthaa Chane Manyathe Hanthum Hathaschane Manyathe Hatham;
Ubhou Thau Na Vijaneetho Nayam Hanthi Na Hanyathe- Katopanishad.

Even if the killer thinks that he has killed and even if the killed thinks that he has been killed, they both have not realized the Aathman. The Aathman never kills and is never killed. - Katopanishadh.

Dear Sirs,

Yes the Vedas are treasure house of knowledge. But for the the present generations
who are focused more in money making including the present education system which only helps in that end, the value of our culture and scriptures will be very difficult to understnd.

This is materialistic time and everything or every activity is aimed in enhancing the wealth.

Rgds,
Mohan

Anaadi

Dear Sirs,

Yes the Vedas are treasure house of knowledge. But for the the present generations
who are focused more in money making including the present education system which only helps in that end, the value of our culture and scriptures will be very difficult to understnd.

This is materialistic time and everything or every activity is aimed in enhancing the wealth.

Rgds,
Mohan

Anaadi

None the less Truth is Truth. That is how Veda and Upanishada and Gita are still there
and will continue to remain. The river water flows, it is upto you how best you can take it to your mouth.

Whether Sage Aadhi Shankara was an Adhvaithin.

This has reference to the war of words about whether Aadhi Shankara is a true adhvaithin.
From my point of view, there are 3 schools of thought with respect to the maker.

1. Dhvaitham – Which says that Paramaathmaa has created Jeevathmaa, and the Paramaathmaa is limitless in every aspect and hence in no way comparable with Jeevaathmaa.
  2. Vishita Adhvaitham- Though Paramaathmaa is limitless, the Jeevaathmaa can be likened to Paramaathmaa if the Jeevaathmaa undergoes some purification techniques.
  3. Adhvaitham – Paramaathmaa has created all the Jeevaathmaas only out of itself and hence every Jeevaathmaa is invariably Paramaathmaa.
These 3 schools of thought and worship are something like this.
Dhvaitham is like SSC and many people pass and come out with good colours.
Vishita Adhvaitham is like Graduation. Less number of people come out successfully in this.
Adhvaitham is like Doctorate. Very few people are able to realize this and come out with flying colours.
Though all religions in the world tend to S.No.1, only this place called Bhaaratha Varsha could give birth to people who can prove the S.No.2 & 3.
Though you have attained Doctorate, sometimes you have to think in the child’s way.
Hence Adhi Shankara singing propitiatory songs like Soundaryalahari and Shivaanandha Lahari are only to make the lame people propitiate the Almighty in that way. This should not be misconstrued that such an act by Aadhi Shankara is unbecoming of an Adhvaithin.
Even before meeting his sought after Guru Govinda Bahagvathpaada, Aadhi Shankara was in the realized state.
When he was in search of his Guru Govinda Bhagavathpaada at the age of 8 years, he reached the banks of river Narmada, which was inundated with floods and he wanted to cross the river. Silently praying the river he dipped his kamandalu in to the river and all the water went into the kamandalu and the riverbed was barren without a drop of water. On seeing the whole thing from behind an old man asked Aadhi Shankara who was he? The answer to that Question was Nirvaana Shatakam. It was a six prase poem and was the crux of Adhvaitham. The questioner was none other than his sought after Guru Govinda Bahavathpaada.
There was also mention of Shri Vidhyaa Upaasakam. Though the concerned member was very descriptive in the subject, in Shri Vidhyaa Upaasakam there is a verse to be repeated again and again. Brahmaivaahamasmi, Sohamasmi, Brahmaahamasmi, meaning I am invariably the Brahman, I am IT and I am the Brahman. This is truly Adhvaitham. Since Shri Vidhyaa Upaasakam involves Raja Yoga making the Kundalini Shakthi is raised from Moolaadhaaram Chakram to Sahasraaram, in Raja Yoga also are four steps Prathyaahaaram, Dhaarana, Dhyaanam and Samaadhi. The fourth step Sammadhi is of too steps Savikalpa Samaadhi (where the difference between the Paramaathmaa and Jeevaathmaa are felt) and finally Nirvikapa Samaadhi (where the equality of Paramaathmaa and Jeevaathmaa are felt which is invariable Adhvaitham).

This has reference to the war of words about whether Aadhi Shankara is a true adhvaithin.
From my point of view, there are 3 schools of thought with respect to the maker.

1. Dhvaitham – Which says that Paramaathmaa has created Jeevathmaa, and the Paramaathmaa is limitless in every aspect and hence in no way comparable with Jeevaathmaa.
  2. Vishita Adhvaitham- Though Paramaathmaa is limitless, the Jeevaathmaa can be likened to Paramaathmaa if the Jeevaathmaa undergoes some purification techniques.
  3. Adhvaitham – Paramaathmaa has created all the Jeevaathmaas only out of itself and hence every Jeevaathmaa is invariably Paramaathmaa.
These 3 schools of thought and worship are something like this.
Dhvaitham is like SSC and many people pass and come out with good colours.
Vishita Adhvaitham is like Graduation. Less number of people come out successfully in this.
Adhvaitham is like Doctorate. Very few people are able to realize this and come out with flying colours.
Though all religions in the world tend to S.No.1, only this place called Bhaaratha Varsha could give birth to people who can prove the S.No.2 & 3.
Though you have attained Doctorate, sometimes you have to think in the child’s way.
Hence Adhi Shankara singing propitiatory songs like Soundaryalahari and Shivaanandha Lahari are only to make the lame people propitiate the Almighty in that way. This should not be misconstrued that such an act by Aadhi Shankara is unbecoming of an Adhvaithin.
Even before meeting his sought after Guru Govinda Bahagvathpaada, Aadhi Shankara was in the realized state.
When he was in search of his Guru Govinda Bhagavathpaada at the age of 8 years, he reached the banks of river Narmada, which was inundated with floods and he wanted to cross the river. Silently praying the river he dipped his kamandalu in to the river and all the water went into the kamandalu and the riverbed was barren without a drop of water. On seeing the whole thing from behind an old man asked Aadhi Shankara who was he? The answer to that Question was Nirvaana Shatakam. It was a six prase poem and was the crux of Adhvaitham. The questioner was none other than his sought after Guru Govinda Bahavathpaada.
There was also mention of Shri Vidhyaa Upaasakam. Though the concerned member was very descriptive in the subject, in Shri Vidhyaa Upaasakam there is a verse to be repeated again and again. Brahmaivaahamasmi, Sohamasmi, Brahmaahamasmi, meaning I am invariably the Brahman, I am IT and I am the Brahman. This is truly Adhvaitham. Since Shri Vidhyaa Upaasakam involves Raja Yoga making the Kundalini Shakthi is raised from Moolaadhaaram Chakram to Sahasraaram, in Raja Yoga also are four steps Prathyaahaaram, Dhaarana, Dhyaanam and Samaadhi. The fourth step Sammadhi is of too steps Savikalpa Samaadhi (where the difference between the Paramaathmaa and Jeevaathmaa are felt) and finally Nirvikapa Samaadhi (where the equality of Paramaathmaa and Jeevaathmaa are felt which is invariable Adhvaitham).

Shri Suba42 Sir,

It appears from your writing that all things you state have been verified and found to be true. but is it really so? even in the recent case of Mahatma Gandhi, his bad habit of sleeping naked with even his grandadaughters - to check whether he can remain brahmachari - is suppressed. his granddaughter therefore became a mental case is conveniently forgotten. so how one can be sure about all that is written about people who lived long ago? we have no evidence but to believe whatever is said.

so, first it is difficult to accept "Even before meeting his sought after Guru Govinda Bahagvathpaada, Aadhi Shankara was in the realized state." if so, why did he go in search of teacher up to Narmada banks? he could have remained in kalady and become great maharishi there itself, is it not. and if he was in realized state (actually i fail to understand what you mean - realized stateor realized soul?) - how come he asked chandala to go away and cut a sorry figure of himself in kasi? that means he had forgotten all his realizations, is it not? people who write "prasastis" about those who are to be made great, go overboard and make mistakes-this is one example i think.

narmada water all getting into Sankara's kamandalu is a copy paste of agastyar, can it not be borrowed story?

you mention about two types of sammadhi. is it possible to say if someone is in sammadhi type-a or type-b? (i am not writing the full names which are long-no offence meant pl.) so, if someone says i was in sammadhi-a it has to be believed? do you think the scientific generation will take all these things? i feel we are doing harm to hinduism by all such statements.

now about your gradation-i am sure no one including many tbs will buy your stuff. it only creates another "caste" system among brahmins (i don't know if nbs also are divided into three such groups).

i have met an old man now >80 years who does sreevidya upasana and also read much on philosophy. he said sankara's advaitam is buddhism in a different package and sreevidya has nothing common with advaitam. i don't know the reasons.

Dear Shri
The Samskrit word NIRVAANA does not mean nakedness or nudity in the real sense. It only means removal of covers. In Metaphysical term it means removal of all apparitions we have around us in order to reach the Maker. I am a Brahmin is a cover, I am a Tamil is a cover, I am an Indian is a cover, I am a male is a cover and so on. When I am sure, convinced and Realized that I am Invariably the Aathman – the Brahman, I am the Maker.
I have no idea about Gandhiji sleeping naked. I am not interested in others’s perversions.
Sage Aadhi Shankara who wanted to become a Shanyaasin was prevented to do so my his mother Aaryaambaa who said that since he was the only son and his father Shivaguru has died, it was his duty to marry and procreate children and help his Vanshaa to grow.
Hence he had to create the crocodile story when bathing in Poornaa river and get Aapath Sanyaasam.
Yes. The Chandaalaa part in his life was a weak point. Even the sages have sometime fall, this proves (may be for the layman) that appearances do not tell the real. A Chandaalaa could speak about Adhvaitham. Saying that Aadhi Shankaraa’s Adhvaitham is a rebundled form of Budhaa’s agnosticism is Childish.
The problem with some humans is that they always see, talk and unravel negativities in everything and everyone they come across.
Well, Well, Well. Only the maker Brahman in dimensionless state is both Zero and Infinite together, and all ITS creations have some positive and negative tendencies in them. This is an accepted fact.
If you want to know more give your personal email address so that I can send you the relevant topics.

Sir,

kindly recheck the meaning of niravaana ( निर्वाण ) and let us know about it.

Vpk

Dear Sir,

I request you to kindly recheck the meaning of NIRVAANA (निर्वाण ); and let all of us know about it.

A lot has been talked about Adhi Shankara said particularly Adhvaitam and Jagan Mithya (जगन मिथ्या ).
We have a lot of topics where we need to understand much much more.

Regards,

VPK

Dear Shri
The Samskrit word NIRVAANA does not mean nakedness or nudity in the real sense. It only means removal of covers. In Metaphysical term it means removal of all apparitions we have around us in order to reach the Maker. I am a Brahmin is a cover, I am a Tamil is a cover, I am an Indian is a cover, I am a male is a cover and so on. When I am sure, convinced and Realized that I am Invariably the Aathman – the Brahman, I am the Maker.
I have no idea about Gandhiji sleeping naked. I am not interested in others’s perversions.
Sage Aadhi Shankara who wanted to become a Shanyaasin was prevented to do so my his mother Aaryaambaa who said that since he was the only son and his father Shivaguru has died, it was his duty to marry and procreate children and help his Vanshaa to grow.
Hence he had to create the crocodile story when bathing in Poornaa river and get Aapath Sanyaasam.
Yes. The Chandaalaa part in his life was a weak point. Even the sages have sometime fall, this proves (may be for the layman) that appearances do not tell the real. A Chandaalaa could speak about Adhvaitham. Saying that Aadhi Shankaraa’s Adhvaitham is a rebundled form of Budhaa’s agnosticism is Childish.
The problem with some humans is that they always see, talk and unravel negativities in everything and everyone they come across.
Well, Well, Well. Only the maker Brahman in dimensionless state is both Zero and Infinite together, and all ITS creations have some positive and negative tendencies in them. This is an accepted fact.
If you want to know more give your personal email address so that I can send you the relevant topics.

Shri suba42 Sir,

you don't want to even write my name! may be because i write what you don't like. or, you see yourself in everybody- highest adhvaitam, is it not?!

'nirvaanam' is a word used often in our houses when scolding children standing without cloth. but i don't think elders call a child with only u. wear as nirvaanam. anyway you also say removing covers. so idea is same.

nambutiris say in private talk - all are now afraid because sankara has become so big a person - that sankara was born after his father died and there was some reason to suspect that his mother was not faithful woman. so mother and child were kept aloof by other nambutiris. they became very poor. his mother knew her son will not have good future among nambutiris and sent him off to faraway place to study. the stories like crocodile, sanyasam etc., they say are added after sankara became famous and only found in life histories written by his followers. how did they know what actually happened in his childhood, these nambutiris ask. is he supposed to remember and tell about his childhood, no, sanyasis should not, they say.

the chandala story is either true or untrue. if true it shows sankara also was caste-conscious till that time. it cannot be one solitary mistake as in a maths answer paper - in maths such mistake will spoil entire effort.

if that story is lie, it is showing Siva as close to Sankara, some advt., for sankara's greatness and also siva approving adhvaitam himself. can this not be? that is my question.

the old man about whom i wrote said so. he said also that sankara studied buddhism from some buddhist teacher, but changed his mind probably and came back to hinduism and said what buddhism said hinduism also said. he said otherwise why sankara sanyasis started shaving their heads clean - like in buddhism - and also wear kaashaayam? i don't know if our ancient maharishis used to do it-but all cinemas, paintings show maharishis with jatai and beard, ordinary clothes or tiger-skin, wood-bark and all that. why so? there must be some reason. this old man said to me that kaashaayam was sankara's choice to beat buddhists' yellow colour robes. only the "dandam" is added by later people but we don't know if Sankara really carried one. he also said jain saints carried a small piece of wood or bamboo and probably this was borrowed. our rishis are shown carring a kamandalu for water - with which to curse or bless, you will find more cursing like dhurvaasar! less blessing with water sprinkled - and one t-shaped hand rest. i wonder why they could not keep their hands on their thigh simply!

now you say it is childish if i say adhvaitam is rebundled buddhism. how and why childish? what difference is there between two?

i feel you say what you don't like to hear as negativity. that way i can say you have negativity, is it not? i did not say sankara was bad or something like that. only about his adhvaitam-how it can be negative?

you also say this- "Only the maker Brahman in dimensionless state is both Zero and Infinite together, and all ITS creations have some positive and negative tendencies in them. This is an accepted fact." looks like you are dead sure of 'the maker brahman' - is it sankara's brahman? i feel he didn't say that way - brahman made everything, did he say so? then it is like christians. you write like you have seen with your eyes the maker brahman in dimensionless state and found zero & infinity together there! accepted by whom? can zero and infinity be together? one is imaginary (zero) but other is beyond our measurements but real. where will they lead if they are combined?

Dear So and So Brahmin, NIRVAANA – WHAT YOU COULD THINK IS NEKEDNESS ,NUDITY. Lalita Sahasra Namam - This stotra (hymn which praises) occurs in Brahmanda purana (Old epic of the universe) in the Chapter on discussion between Hayagreeva and Agasthya. Hayagreeva is an incarnation of Vishnu with the horse head and is believed to be the storehouse of knowledge. Agasthya is one of the great sages of yore who is one of the stars of the constellation great bear. At his request Hayagreeva taught him the most holy 1000 names of Lalitha . Lalitha Sahasranaamam says Nirvaana Sukha Daayini. = The one who gives moksha – redemption. 388 Nithya klinna – She in whose heart there is always mercy 389 Nirupama – She who does not have anything to be compared to 390 Nirvanasukha dayini – She who gives redemption; which means MOKSHA. Brahma had ten Maanas (mind born) sons who were great Rishi’s called: Angiras, Atri, Bhrigu, Daksha, Kratu, Marichi, Narada, Pulaha, Pulastya, and Vashishta; of which Rishi Pulastya was married to Havirbhoo one of the nine daughters of Rishi Kardam and Devhooti. Rishi Pulastya and Havirbhoo had two sons: Maharishi Agastya and Maharishi Vishravaa. Rishi Agastya was named because of his Karma. His wife was a princess and was called Lopaamudraa and is mentioned Lalitha Sahasranama (Thousand Names of the Goddess – a Sacred composition). Lobhanudraharhitha Leela Kluptha Bhamaanda Mandalaa. Rishi Agastya is associated with the Sthira Rashi’s of the Drekkana. Legends say Hindu sage Agastya, or Agathiyar in Tamil, lived 4,000 to 5,000 years ago in southern India. Rishi Agastya is considered as the first and foremost Siddha (knowledge and accomplishments), and therefore the guru of many Siddhars. Another name for Rsi Agastya is Kurumuni (short muni). Rishi Agastya made pioneering contributions to the field of Ayurveda (alternative medicine) and Jyotish (Vedic Astrology particularly Nadi Astrology). Rishi Agastya lived for over 5000 years, and one of his medicinal preparations, Boopathi Kuligai, was so powerful that it could even bring the dead back to life. Two of his disciples were Therayar and Tholkappiar carried this knowledge forward for him. Buddha was born around 565 B.C. in Lumbini in modern day Nepal. His name 'Siddhattha Gautama,' means 'descendant of Gotama whose aims are achieved/who is efficacious in achieving aims', he later became the Buddha (literally Enlightened One or Awakened One). He is also commonly known as 'Shakyamuni' or 'Sakyamuni' (lit. "The sage of the Shakya clan") and as the Tathagata (lit. "thus come" or "thus gone"). Gautama was a contemporary of Mahavira. Shankara was born in a Brahmin family circa 788 AD in a village named Kaladi on the banks of the river Purna (now Periyar) in the Southern Indian coastal state Kerala. His parents, Sivaguru and Aryamba, had been childless for a long time and the birth of Shankara was a joyous and blessed occasion for the couple. Legend has it that Aryamba had a vision of Lord Shiva and promised her that he would incarnate in the form of her first-born child. Hence as you think THE STATE OF NIRVAANA DOES NOT GO WITH THE TIME WHEN GAUTHA BUDHAA LIVED OR WHEN AADHI SHANJARA LIVED OF PARINIRVEENA. THIS IS REPLY TO THE REJOINDER GIVEN BY HALF BAKED BRAHMINS.

.... THIS IS REPLY TO THE REJOINDER GIVEN BY HALF BAKED BRAHMINS.
Now we have the answer from a fully baked one :), all he needs is an e-mail to show you the maker, are you ready to meet your maker???

To All NIRVANNA means the last stage in Meditation and merge withe the source (Godhood).Dont confuse with derty thoughts. Adi Sankra realised Soul.Now a Days Some SV's started interfear in Sankars teachings becaouse they learned Sanskrit,and get the title U,V. no one can authoried to give Bad remarks about Athvaitham. The Soul is a small drop of the Source. s.r.k.

To All NIRVANNA means the last stage in Meditation and merge withe the source (Godhood).Dont confuse with derty thoughts. Adi Sankra realised Soul.Now a Days Some SV's started interfear in Sankars teachings becaouse they learned Sanskrit,and get the title U,V. no one can authoried to give Bad remarks about Athvaitham. The Soul is a small drop of the Source. s.r.k.

Dear Sir,

It is appalling to note that wrong notions are given about our Father of Nation which is both unethical and criminal.

Attributing the word Nirvaana to Saakya Muni Gauthama Buddha (who used the term Parinirvaana for redemption or end of this birth - death cycle) is again a mis-interpretation of the Term Nirvaana which has been used in Lalithaa Sahasranamam [The Stothra was taught to Sage Agastiya (who is supposed to have lived some 5000 years ago) by Lord Hayagreeva] which was long long before the birth of Budhdha and birth of Budhism.

It is also seen that people talk of Saint Shankara's God or Saint Ramaanujaa's God. It only the same Almighty which was and has been aspected in different levels by these seers.

This is been echoed in Kena Upanisadh (Ekam Sath Vipraaha Bhahudhaa Vadhanthi) - Truth - Brahman is only one; Various people call IT differently.

Hi Buddy,
Though I have been cautioned by the Members of This forum not to have any interaction with you since YOU have atheistic views, I who am a good swimmer want to swim in troubled waters. Moreover I am a daily reciter of Shri Rudhra Prashna (Rudhanm Draavayathi Rudhraha - remover of sorrows is RUDHRA) the FURIOUS form of Shiva for past 32 years and I also happen to hold a Black Belt in Karate (In Nihone – Only Hand) I can get into good conversation with you. We can exchange notes and find out the REAL TRUTH. I have also been reciting Shri Lalitha Sahasranamam for more than one decade.
If you are not afraid of me, give me your email address so that we can interact fruitfully.
B.Subramanian,
+919994034360
Email Address: [email protected]

Hi Buddy,
Though I have been cautioned by the Members of This forum not to have any interaction with you since YOU have atheistic views, I who am a good swimmer want to swim in troubled waters. Moreover I am a daily reciter of Shri Rudhra Prashna (Rudhanm Draavayathi Rudhraha - remover of sorrows is RUDHRA) the FURIOUS form of Shiva for past 32 years and I also happen to hold a Black Belt in Karate (In Nihone – Only Hand) I can get into good conversation with you. We can exchange notes and find out the REAL TRUTH. I have also been reciting Shri Lalitha Sahasranamam for more than one decade.
If you are not afraid of me, give me your email address so that we can interact fruitfully.
B.Subramanian,
+919994034360
Email Address: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back