• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait . I have taken up your challenge to write in tamizh.

No issue typing in tamil fonts.

Only unable to cut and paste in TB forum for which some help is required.

Some cut paste expert will tell me I hope.lol

That is a good spirit....

Except a few, most have cut and paste experience in this Forum...

And don't make us to wait for long. lol

I love to read it..... :)

P.S: For cut and paste here is also a guide which you may try.....
[h=1][FONT=&quot]http://www.wikihow.com/Cut-and-Paste[/FONT][/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
It is NOT cut and paste; it is copy and paste, Krish Sir!

1. Finish your write up in Tamil.

2. Left click and drag over the write up to select.

3. Right click to get the dialogue box and left click on 'copy'.

4. Left click in the message box of our dear forum.

5. Right click to get the dialogue box and left click on 'paste'.

Copy n paste is DONE!! :thumb:

You know very well how to post it!
icon3.png

எனக்காக இங்கே ஓரூ நன்றாக தமிழ் தெரிந்தவர் தேவை.
யார் தயார்

Last edited:
என் இனிய நண்பரே! தங்கள் தங்க்லீஷே போதும் ஐயா!

தமிழ்த் தாயை வாழ விடுங்களேன்!! :pray:

:focus:

இன்னும் சிலரால் இனிக்கும் நினைவுகள்; வேறு சிலரால் வருத்தும் நினைவுகள்!

'டிரில் மாஸ்டர்' என்கிற பட்டத்தோடு வந்து, பள்ளிக்கூடத்தின் பெரிய மைதானத்தில், கற்களைச் சுட்டிக்
காட்டி, 'பறக்கு! பறக்கு!' என்று மலையாளத் தமிழால், பொறுக்கிகளாக மாணவச் செல்வங்களை மாற்றிய
அந்த ஆசிரியர்.

இரட்டை வேஷ்டி என்று தெரிவிக்க, உள்ளேவரும் சுற்றைக் கொஞ்சம் உயர்த்திக் கட்டி, த்லை முடியை
நெளி நெளியாக வாரி, புதிய ஸ்டைலைப் பரப்பிய சுப்ரமணியம் வாத்தியார்.

வீட்டிற்கு வந்து, எங்கள் கால் அளவுகளை டேப்பால் அளந்து, 'இஞ்சு' என்ப
தை 'இச்சி' என்று எழுதியதால்,
'இச்சி' என்று செல்லப் பெயர் பெற்ற பொற்கொல்லர்.

எங்கள் வரவைப் பார்த்தவுடனே, தன் இசை ஞானத்தை முழுதும் வெளிப்படுத்த, கல்யாணி, காம்போஜி
ராகங்களில் அர்ச்சனை செய்த சுவாமிநாதக் குருக்கள்.

ஒரு சின்னக் கப் நெய்யை, பந்தி முழுவதற்கும் ஊற்றிய பின்னும், மீதம் கொண்டு வரும் சுப்பராவ் மாமா.
(என் அண்ணா கேட்பான், 'இந்த மாமா மேலிருந்து நெய்யை விட்டு, கீழே பிடிப்பாரோ?' என்று!)

அப்பாவின் வெள்ளைக் கோட்டு, பான்ட்களை, வெள்ளாவியில் வெளுத்துச் சுடச் சுட மூட்டையாகக்
கொண்டுவரும் வண்ணாத்தி.

தேன் கூட்டுடன் பெரிய குடுவையில் தேனைக் கொண்டுவந்து விற்கும் வியாபாரி,

'அம்மணி கல்யாணத்துக்கு எடுங்கம்மா' என்று கூறி, பள, பள எவர் சில்வர் பாத்திரங்களை, கூடையில்
கொண்டுவந்து, மறக்காமல் மோர் வாங்கிக் குடிக்கும் பாத்திரக்காரர். :cool:

மதுரை சுங்கடிப் புடவைகளை அழகாக அடுக்கி, வீடு வீடாக விற்கும் புடவைக்காரர்.

க்ஷேம நலம் விசாரிப்பதுபோல் வந்து, சமையலறை முழுதும் நோட்டமிட்டு, எல்லா வித ஊறுகாய்களின்
சாம்பிளையும் அள்ளிச் செல்லும் கோமதி மாமி. :spy:

எட்டுப் பிள்ளைகளோடு பிறந்ததால், காய்கறி அதிகம் கிடைக்காமல், எங்கள் வீட்டிற்கு விளையாட வரும்
சமயம், வாழைக்காய், உருளைக் கிழங்குகளை அப்படியே உண்ணும் இரு சகோதரர்கள். :hungry:

மனித, மனிதிக் கழிவுகளை, தினமும் எடுத்துச் சென்று, ஒவ்வொரு மாதமும் முதல் தேதி, தனது நான்கு
அணா சம்பளத்தை, வீடு வீடாகச் சென்று பெற்றுக்கொள்ளும் அந்த ஏழை! :sad:

Is it possible to correct online or one should delete and repost?

Tamizh thai would be upset if I give up.lol
Oh, is it??

You can write correct Tamil and edit the same post.

Delete the wrong lines and paste the corrected lines. Got it?

I still have to find the right ru sign in tamil font

OK I have proved my point that I can write tamizh.

I am trying after about 50 years.

I used to correspond in tamil with my mother .

She knew english enough to read detective thrillers . But she used to write letters in tamil only.

I had good tamil teachers in tamil school in delhi where it was compulsory subject upto class 8th.

We had Subramaniam ji and Indira parthasarathy ji [well known writer EEPA']

So I have listened to many tamil short stories orally from the latter.

He could also direct tamil plays for school functions.

Later he was awarded Padmashri for his literary contributions.

எனக்காக இங்கே ஓரூ நன்றாக தமிழ் தெரிந்தவர் தேவை.
யார் தயார்

உங்களுக்கே நன்றாக தமிழ் தெரியும். இனியதமிழில் கணினியிலும் கலக்குங்க பாஸ்

தமிழில் சிறந்த பாடல்கள் பல பாடி பரிசுபெற்ற புலவர்கள் பலர் உண்டு...

தமிழில் குற்றம் கண்டுபிடித்தே பரிசு
பெற்றவர்களும் உண்டு

தங்களின் தமிழ்
பணி இனிதே தொடரட்டும்

வாழ்த்துக்கள் ...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are umpteen classical writers in Tamil and the first time readers will need some guidance to understand that Tamil.

To brand all other works except Thiruppugaz as trash, is a SIN. What do you say, Vaagmi Sir?

I agree fully with you.

I admire S.Bharathi and Kannadasan for the simple reason that they write their poetry in common mans tamil.

There is a need to look at old works and provide translations.

Modern tamil script emerged as late as 7th century-called tamil arichuvati and is used for writing senthamizh and our colloquial tamizh is kodunthamizh. The latter is

used in tamil fiction writing mostly.

Do you tamil is also written in Arwi -an arabic script by tamil speaking muslims?

krishji,

Kannadasan was great.

Here is a present from a fan to another fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfj0fXnq5xs

click, listen and enjoy.

Please mark the words:

நான் படைப்பதனால் என் பேர் இறைவன்....

நான் நிரந்தரமானவன் அழிவதில்லை

எந்த நிலையிலும் எனக்கு மரணமில்லை.

ஜவ்வு மிட்டாயைப் பல வண்ணங்களில் தயாரித்து, பிள்ளைகளின் கையில் வாட்ச் போலக் கட்டிய

மிட்டாய்க்காரர் எங்கே?

ஐஸ் கட்டியைத் துருவி, அதில் எஸ்ன்ஸை ஊற்றி, தண்ணீர் விட்டு, சர்பத் விற்று, தாகம் தணித்தவர் எங்கே?

தினமும் மாலை, பூக்குடலையில் பூப் பந்துகளை வைத்து, வீடு வீடாக விற்ற பூப் பண்டாரம் எங்கே?

'நல்ல காலம் பிறக்குது', என்று உடுக்கை அடித்து, பழைய துணிகளை கேட்ட நாடோடிகள் எங்கே?

ஆடிப் பெருக்கன்று சின்ன மூங்கில் துண்டில் பனை ஓலையை ஒலி பெருக்கிபோல் சுற்றி, அதனும்

சின்னக் காய் ஒன்றை வைத்து, பிஸ்டன் ஒன்றால் தள்ளி வெடிக்கும் 'பாப்டாம் குழல்' விற்றவர் எங்கே?

நவராத்திரியில், தினம் ஒரு வேஷம் இட்டு, சுண்டல் வாங்கிச் சென்ற சிறுவர், சிறுமியர் எங்கே?

மார்கழி மாதத்தில், 'நாராயண மூர்த்திக்கு அரோஹரா (??)' என்று கூவி, நாமம் இட்ட சொம்பின் வாயில்

துணி கட்டி, அதில்
ஓட்டை செய்து, நாணயங்கள் சேர்த்த குட்டிப் பையன்கள் எங்கே?

ஆருத்ரா தரிசனத்தன்று, வாண வேடிக்கைகளுடன் அரச மரப் பிள்ளையாரைச் சுற்றும் நடராஜ மூர்த்தி எங்கே?

வளையல்களை வெள்ளைத் துணி மூட்டையில் கட்டி, சிறுமிகளுக்குக் கை நிறையப் போட்ட வளைச் செட்டி எங்கே?

சின்ன மண் சட்டியில் வண்ணம் தீட்டி, அதனுள் சர்க்கரையில் செய்த சின்ன பொம்மை தந்த கன்னட மாமி எங்கே?

சிரித்த முகத்துடன் பிரசவ ஆஸ்பத்திரியில் பணி புரிந்த, 'மலையாளத் தமிழ்' பேசும், மேட்ரன் அம்மா எங்கே?

ஏசு நாதர் படத்தில் விபூதி விழுந்தது கண்டு பயந்த,
க்ரிஸ்துவ நர்ஸ் பிரகாசம் எங்கே?

இன்னும் எத்தனை எத்தனை பேர்களின் நினைவுகள் அலைகளாக மோதுகின்றன! :couch2:

RRji,

A good post. I too went back to my old days. The tyranny of the unidirectional vector called time with a tinge of sadness there troubles me no end. Alwar's words "எங்கேயும் கரை காணாது எறிகடல் வாய் மீண்டேயும் வங்கத்தின் கூம்பெறும் மாப்பறவை போன்றேனே!" comes to my mind.

Who is Tamizh Thai?

How come there is no Hindi Mataji..or Sanskrit Mata or Arabic Ummi?
In india states and country are linked with mother.

We talk of motherland in common usage.

We sing songs eulogising bharat mata,tamizh thai, kannada madhe.

It is common during national functions .

I learnt tamil more from tamil magazines like anandavikatan, kumudam and kalki.I got exposed to novels of historical and social novels of kalki krishnamurthi, Devan of

anandavikatan, SAP of of kumudam and female novelists like rajam krishnan, choodamani serialised in these magazines. Then there were Tamil films with weekly once

morning shows in fifties and early sixties[now in multiplexes it is the latest releases]. I still buy a few novels of sujata and such modern writers on my south india trips

Who is Tamizh Thai?

Tamil Thai

Tamil_Mother.jpg

Tamil Thai (Tamil: தமிழ்த்தாய், Tamiḻ Tāy, Tamizh Thai) denotes the deified personification of the Tamil language as a mother. This deification of Tamil language in the persona of a mother got established during the Tamil renaissance movement of the later half of the nineteenth century.[2] The phrase became popular in the Tamil speaking world after the publication of a song invoking and praising Tamil mother in a play titled "Manonmaniyam" written by Manonmaniam Sundaram Pillai (1855 – 1897) and published in 1891. The song with music composed by M.S. Viswanathan has since been adopted as the state song of Government of Tamil Nadu.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_Thai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back