• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are umpteen classical writers in Tamil and the first time readers will need some guidance to understand that Tamil.

To brand all other works except Thiruppugaz as trash, is a SIN. What do you say, Vaagmi Sir?

There appears to be some editing in my posting....

So, with editing, it now appears to be a twisted one giving room for misrepresentation...etc

It is an edited version for which I am not answerable.....

It is anybody's guess ...

P.S:
சிண்டு முடிக்கற வேலை அவசியம்தானா ? that too for a veteran......with 21,000 postings...........?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
I reported 'that' to the moderator. :typing:

Now the poster can delete that objectionable line! :cool:

BTW, there is no need to brand other forum members writings as 'Trash', indirectly! :nono:

I admire S.Bharathi and Kannadasan for the simple reason that they write their poetry in common mans tamil.

There is a need to look at old works and provide translations.

Modern tamil script emerged as late as 7th century-called tamil arichuvati and is used for writing senthamizh and our colloquial tamizh is kodunthamizh. The latter is

used in tamil fiction writing mostly.

Do you tamil is also written in Arwi -an arabic script by tamil speaking muslims?

I reported 'that' to the moderator. :typing:

Now the poster can delete that objectionable line! :cool:

BTW, there is no need to brand other forum members writings as 'Trash', indirectly! :nono:

BTW there is no need to take class to others

It is a public Forum with more freedom of expression ...

While you judge others .... vice versa ... it is nothing but reciprocation....

We talk of culture and heritage .We feel pride in sangam tamil and chola kings, pandiya,pallava kings in tamilnadu.

Yet I was reading about present day descendants of cholas not getting any pension and leading a not so good life.

still the chidambaram temple does a special mariyadai to them once in a year.

Govt just ignores them. This is democracy.

Freedom of expression does NOT entitle any member to brand other member's write-ups as trash.

I have never said any member's post is trash.

God....I didnt post much cos I have been busy and now some severe Tamil language differences of opinion is going on

I should type in Madras Bhasai !!LOL

There are umpteen classical writers in Tamil and the first time readers will need some guidance to understand that Tamil.

To brand all other works except Thiruppugaz as trash, is a SIN. What do you say, Vaagmi Sir?
Dear Vaagmi Sir,

Sorry for the cluster of posts in this thread but my replies were quite necessary.

Now that the objectionable line is edited, please ignore this Q.

Thank you. :)

The 'class' definitely had its effect and the poster edited the objectionable line. :peace:

That is not definitely because of the 'class'. lol

It is because of the regards I owe to the thread opener.

Freedom of expression does NOT entitle any member to brand other member's write-ups as trash.

I have never said any member's post is trash.

But I have read other senior members defining postings as trash......

It may be in archives and anyone is free to visit....

:focus:

கூட்டமாகச் சேர்ந்து விளையாட, சித்தப்பாக்களின், மாமாக்களின், சித்தியின் பிள்ளைகள் எங்கே?

எண்ணை தேய்த்துத் தலை குளித்துவிட்ட பின், அன்புடன் கோதிவிட்ட தாயம்மா எங்கே?

வேளை தவறாமல் 'மியாவ்' என்ற இனிய அழைப்புடன் உணவு கேட்டு வந்த பூனைக் குட்டி எங்கே?

அழகுத் தமிழில் பாடம் நடத்திய, 'ராமசாமி' என்ற தனது பெயரை 'அமுதன்' என மாற்றிய ஆசான் எங்கே?

தூய வெள்ளை வேட்டி, சட்டையுடன், நீண்ட அங்கவஸ்த்திரம் தொங்க நடந்த, தலைமை ஆசிரியர் எங்கே?

குறும்பு செய்யும் மாணவர்களை பெஞ்ச் மேல் ஏறி அடித்த 'நாலடியார்' என்ற பெயர் பெற்ற் ஆசிரியர் எங்கே?

பண்டிகைகளில் வாழ்த்துச் சொல்ல வந்த வஹாப் மாமா எங்கே?

பட்டாசுகளை வாங்கி வர உதவிய கம்பவுண்டர் மாமா எங்கே?

அனாயாசமாக ஜிலேபி சுற்றி ஆசையோடு தந்த 'ஹோட்டல்' பாரு மாமி எங்கே?

கரும்பு விளைந்தவுடன் அதை வெல்லமாகச் செய்யும் சமயம், முதலில் வரும் தேம்பாகைச் சுடச் சுட

அனுப்பிய
அப்பாவின் நண்பர்கள் எங்கே?

கூடைகள் நிறைய மாம்பழத்தை, டாக்டர் வீட்டுக்கு என்று எடுத்து வைத்து அனுப்பிய கவுண்டர்கள் எங்கே?

தேவி டாக்கீஸுக்குச் சென்றால், ஓடி வந்து, டிக்கட் வாங்க விடாது, உள்ளே அமர வைத்த ராவுஜி மாமா எங்கே?

பக்கத்திலிருக்கும் க்ருஷ்ணன் கோவிலில், சனிக் கிழமைதோறும் பாட அழைத்த ராம ராவ் மாமா எங்கே?

பள்ளியின் கேட் அருகே எலந்தை வடாம் விற்று ஜீவனம் செய்த பாட்டி (அவள் பெயர் என்ன?) எங்கே?

continued...........

ஜவ்வு மிட்டாயைப் பல வண்ணங்களில் தயாரித்து, பிள்ளைகளின் கையில் வாட்ச் போலக் கட்டிய

மிட்டாய்க்காரர் எங்கே?

ஐஸ் கட்டியைத் துருவி, அதில் எஸ்ன்ஸை ஊற்றி, தண்ணீர் விட்டு, சர்பத் விற்று, தாகம் தணித்தவர் எங்கே?

தினமும் மாலை, பூக்குடலையில் பூப் பந்துகளை வைத்து, வீடு வீடாக விற்ற பூப் பண்டாரம் எங்கே?

'நல்ல காலம் பிறக்குது', என்று உடுக்கை அடித்து, பழைய துணிகளை கேட்ட நாடோடிகள் எங்கே?

ஆடிப் பெருக்கன்று சின்ன மூங்கில் துண்டில் பனை ஓலையை ஒலி பெருக்கிபோல் சுற்றி, அதனும்

சின்னக் காய் ஒன்றை வைத்து, பிஸ்டன் ஒன்றால் தள்ளி வெடிக்கும் 'பாப்டாம் குழல்' விற்றவர் எங்கே?

நவராத்திரியில், தினம் ஒரு வேஷம் இட்டு, சுண்டல் வாங்கிச் சென்ற சிறுவர், சிறுமியர் எங்கே?

மார்கழி மாதத்தில், 'நாராயண மூர்த்திக்கு அரோஹரா (??)' என்று கூவி, நாமம் இட்ட சொம்பின் வாயில்

துணி கட்டி, அதில்
ஓட்டை செய்து, நாணயங்கள் சேர்த்த குட்டிப் பையன்கள் எங்கே?

ஆருத்ரா தரிசனத்தன்று, வாண வேடிக்கைகளுடன் அரச மரப் பிள்ளையாரைச் சுற்றும் நடராஜ மூர்த்தி எங்கே?

வளையல்களை வெள்ளைத் துணி மூட்டையில் கட்டி, சிறுமிகளுக்குக் கை நிறையப் போட்ட வளைச் செட்டி எங்கே?

சின்ன மண் சட்டியில் வண்ணம் தீட்டி, அதனுள் சர்க்கரையில் செய்த சின்ன பொம்மை தந்த கன்னட மாமி எங்கே?

சிரித்த முகத்துடன் பிரசவ ஆஸ்பத்திரியில் பணி புரிந்த, 'மலையாளத் தமிழ்' பேசும், மேட்ரன் அம்மா எங்கே?

ஏசு நாதர் படத்தில் விபூதி விழுந்தது கண்டு பயந்த,
க்ரிஸ்துவ நர்ஸ் பிரகாசம் எங்கே?

இன்னும் எத்தனை எத்தனை பேர்களின் நினைவுகள் அலைகளாக மோதுகின்றன! :couch2:

​I hope Krish Sir can understand at least the two posts prior to this, though not in BrahmaNa bhAshai!! :D

Thanks RRji

I have upvoted both.

I hope others also use understandable Tamil language.

Language is for easy communication to make sense to all here.

Language is for easy communication to make sense to all here.

LOL

I have not seen a single tamil posting of you.

தங்களின் தமிழ் பதிவு எங்கே..? எங்கே...? எங்கே...?

Thank you Krish Sir! :)

I know that you are an ardent admirer of Tamil writer Sujatha, like me!!

Usually, I acknowledge an appreciation, saying, ''thangaL ookkam; endhan Akkam'' which means

''Your encouragement is my strength''!

P.S: The word 'Akkam' has several other meanings which are,
'creation', 'wealth', 'gold', 'Lakshmi', 'blessing', 'gain'. :)

LOL

I have not seen a single tamil posting of you.

தங்களின் தமிழ் பதிவு எங்கே..? எங்கே...? எங்கே...?

Many people can read and understand tamizh, though they may not be able to write in tamizh.

Many people may know and be willing to write in tamizh, but may not have tamizh fonts.

Exactly, what is the point of this post..?

Many people can read and understand tamizh, though they may not be able to write in tamizh.

Many people may know and be willing to write in tamizh, but may not have tamizh fonts.

Exactly, what is the point of this post..?

Sir,

Your posting has all the answers..... but what exactly is his case..... ?

Especially when he volunteered to comment 'Kadikkira Tamil, 'understandble tamil', etc

To know the reason as why he disappoint all of us ?

Sir,

Your posting has all the answers..... but what exactly is his case..... ?

Especially when he volunteered to comment kadikkira Tamil, understandble tamil, etc

You want a "Confessional statement" from a member that he cant write in tamizh or he does not have tamizh font..?

If so, why? What is the point? I still fail to see the reason.

TVK Sir uses Azhagi fonts to post in Tamil but when I tried it in my PC, I got only some 'alien' language fonts!! :confused:

My vote is for compose page of G mail. :thumb:

Kadikkara tamizh is not brahmin tamizh.

Translate this TMS gem into normal brahmin tamizh

We talk of culture and heritage .We feel pride in sangam tamil and chola kings, pandiya,pallava kings in tamilnadu.

I should say that may be his vast knowledge on tamil language kindled my curiosity to read a tamil posting of his. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back