• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

new tambram wedding ritual :) - addendum to pre nalangu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our discussions have added spice that every one want to see a deleted stuff...So long as it was kept open there was hardly any movement...Now it has opened a vast outpouring of literary gush to see the prohibited!

Our discussions have added spice that every one want to see a deleted stuff...So long as it was kept open there was hardly any movement...Now it has opened a vast outpouring of literary gush to see the prohibited!

Oh gosh, I wish there was something prohibited there, a broad daylight smooch is not something prohibitive :)

Again, second Mr. K that the couple have nothing to be ashamed of. Nowadays we are seeing it in each and every movie (both north and south) and maybe that is for the better. Then we dont have to hypocritically say: "We Indians dont do it".

That said, young people only learn later that "discretion is the better part of valour". As Mrs. RR said, once something is out on the internet, it can be a source of embarrassment when circumstances change later.

Only tambrams in India are embarrassed! Recently, I got a link for photos taken during a wedding in our family circle, in the U S of A.

There is one session for the dance by the couple and there are many photos where the couple kiss each other! :cool:

I have seen such scenes in Sing. Chennai beaches by love birds but not by wedded couples! :becky:

Raji Madam

Why you go to Beaches where are couples are in Jolly mood? Go to where Children and family are there; If an old man go to such places even by mistake, the couples will not mind their presence, but if any Lady was around , they will be very much embarrassed; Antha Pavam will come back to you in your next birth!!

Only tambrams in India are embarrassed! Recently, I got a link for photos taken during a wedding in our family circle, in the U S of A.

There is one session for the dance by the couple and there are many photos where the couple kiss each other! :cool:

I have seen such scenes in Sing. Chennai beaches by love birds but not by wedded couples! :becky:

an overwhelming majority of the weddings here between tambrams with any other community, has a dinner dance from what i have seen. there is also an open bar usually. people take it in their stride. those who want to imbibe do so. others dont. no big deal.

the first dance is for the couple. usually followed by he tinning of spoons on the glassware, an indication that the audience would like to see a smooch. and they always get one. it is all in the 'spirit' and gaiety of the occassion.

there is always a good selection of veg - western or punjabi - served or buffet. depending on whether one of the parties is non veg, or if the folks feel they should, non veg dishes are provided too.

the dance music is usually a combination of punjabi bhangra and western. there will be odd tamil thrown in.

interestingly, we have been notified one of my nephews is marrying a sri lankan girl. both being tamils, i hope, there will be more kuthu paattus there :)

a peck on the lips or cheek, is a normal form of parting, at the daily drop off in the subway or school. a passionate kiss is something else. but both are seen in public, and nobody gives a hoot. i have seen all colours and sizes do it.

Last edited:

FYI, beaches are not meant ONLY for love birds, P J Sir!

Have you not seen ponies ready to carry children around and many toys being sold for kids in the beaches?

What was done in closed rooms earlier is coming to public like the West. That is all. I saw pairs of 'love birds'

doing 'silmishams' even in the zoos and the snake park! They seldom bother about who is around them! :cool:

FYI, beaches are not meant ONLY for love birds, P J Sir!

Have you not seen ponies ready to carry children around and many toys being sold for kids in the beaches?

What was done in closed rooms earlier is coming to public like the West. That is all. I saw pairs of 'love birds'

doing 'silmishams' even in the zoos and the snake park! They seldom bother about who is around them! :cool:

When the value of true love and intimacy among lovers became a joke, pleasure game, good pass time etc..etc without any honesty & seriousness (with a mental make up to explore and enjoy before possible break ups could take place), they now have come up openly, performing and exhibiting their pleasure games in public losing their sense of Shame as well.

I thought policemen are there to extort money from couples exhibiting PDA. Of course only in India or maybe in MidEast where there is the Islamic cultural police.

If something is done new, there will be some protest! If people get used to that, no one will bother!

For example, if children wear showy and tight fitting dresses, parents used to condemn it. But now,

many mothers buy such dresses for their daughters, to dress 'up to date'! World is such. :tsk:

an overwhelming majority of the weddings here between tambrams with any other community, has a dinner dance from what i have seen. ............
Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

The wedding I wrote about is one such - girl is American. The only change was that there was no kannikA dhAnam ritual.

The couple sat down when the groom tied the thirumAngalyam, just as we see in the Tamil movies! :cool:

When the value of true love and intimacy among lovers became a joke, pleasure game, good pass time etc..etc without any honesty & seriousness (with a mental make up to explore and enjoy before possible break ups could take place), they now have come up openly, performing and exhibiting their pleasure games in public losing their sense of Shame as well.

What is wrong with a kiss and display of affection?

This time when I went to India I was seated in the plane next to a married Indian couple in their late 40's.
They were so romantic through out the journey.

In fact he was a total gentleman..mine was the aisle seat and his wife's seat was at the window and his seat was in the middle next to mine.

He got up and exchanged seats with his wife and told her to sit next to me and he told me "it is better for 2 ladies to be seated next to each other so that you will feel more comfortable too"

The wife was holding her husbands arm through out the journey and he was lightly stroking her hair and also giving her pecks on the cheek from time to time.

It was nice watching them be so loving after many years of marriage.

I kept smiling to myself watching them.

So you see Ravi....there is nothing wrong with simple display of affection..it is not as if they were having a quickie in front of me!LOL

Last edited:
The silver screen plays a good role in changing the society's outlook!

Just look at the duet numbers in the new films. Disgusting for some! :yuck:

But those dance numbers make the film a box office hit! :(

What is wrong with a kiss and display of affection?

This time when I went to India I was seated in the plane next to a married Indian couple in their late 40's.
They were so romantic through out the journey.

In fact he was a total gentleman..mine was the aisle seat and his wife's seat was at the window and his seat was in the middle next to mine.

He got up and exchanged seats with his wife and told her to sit next to me and he told me "it is better for 2 ladies to be seated next to each other so that you will feel more comfortable too"

The wife was holding her husbands arm through out the journey and he was lightly stroking her hair and also giving her pecks on the cheek from time to time.

It was nice watching them be so loving after many years of marriage.

I kept smiling to myself watching them.

So you see Ravi....there is nothing wrong with simple display of affection..it is not as if they were having a quickie in front of me!LOL

The Silmishams that takes place in Beaches, parks, theaters, malls and many other public places as indicated by Smt. Raji Ram are not similar to that of the narration above. And many such silmishams are between young boys and girls who are not yet married. I was referring to such shameless activities in public places where many end up feeling irritated and disgusted. In my earlier post I have referred to the couples who are lovers, always ready to mingle and ready to break up.

There is one 'obscene behaviour in public' law which can be foisted on any jesty couple - old or young, married or unmarried. It is even difficult to prove that the two are married unless visible mangalasutra is worn. Who carries a marriage proof certificate? The cop can take the pair to the police station for verification (production of proof by visit of relatives).

If ring indicates marriage status in the west, the equivalent is perhaps the thali.

I thought policemen are there to extort money from couples exhibiting PDA. Of course only in India or maybe in MidEast where there is the Islamic cultural police.

The Silmishams that takes place in Beaches, parks, theaters, malls and many other public places as indicated by Smt. Raji Ram are not similar to that of the narration above. And many such silmishams are between young boys and girls who are not yet married. I was referring to such shameless activities in public places where many end up feeling irritated and disgusted. In my earlier post I have referred to the couples who are lovers, always ready to mingle and ready to break up.

Ohhh...you wait till you get a girlfriend and lets see if you are caught in some oasis by the Moral Police of the Middle East!LOL

Last edited:
Ohhh...you wait till you get a girlfriend and lets see if you are caught in some oasis by the Moral Police of the Middle East!LOL

Getting caught in a desert oasis by a Moral police of Middle East is ironical to the true lovers. Easily getting caught with silmishams by public in public places is shameful even to the true lovers and nuisance to the general public from different strata of the society and with different circumstances of life, holding fragile human feelings and emotions.

hi
i did some silmishams in the marina beach....even somebody complained to mom....my mom said that my son never do....becoz

of some jealous neighbor gal complained to my mom....there some other gals of tambram had jealous/curiosity of silmishams.....

our tambram gals not ready for these kind of silmishams in 70' and 80's,..but now may be changed....lol

hi
i did some silmishams in the marina beach....even somebody complained to mom....my mom said that my son never do....becoz

of some jealous neighbor gal complained to my mom....there some other gals of tambram had jealous/curiosity of silmishams.....

our tambram gals not ready for these kind of silmishams in 70' and 80's,..but now may be changed....lol

Oh..so you had Silmishams and your mum thought you were an Appavi!LOL

TBS garu..you need to conduct lessons for some of our bachelors!

If PDA bothers some people so much I have a solution: Don't look. Its your eyes, your choice. Read something if they're at it on your train or whatever. Listen to music. Why look and then whine about it. You have a choice. Get up and change seats/carriages if you can instead. If all else fails do what some people on here do best :D. Curse them lolol. Personally i'd rather some PDA then maniacs running about our streets with knives or guns killing.

Dear Amala,

'dhushtanaik kaNdAl dhoora vilagu' was one of the old proverbs.

'konjuvadhaik kaNdAl kaNmoodip pazhagu' might be a new proverb! :cool:

In Delhi there are dedicated parks for this; also identified areas for enacting silmishams such as bushes etc away from public glare..If they get very passionate then the dupatta becomes the burqa for the couple to cover from top to bottom

In Delhi there are dedicated parks for this; also identified areas for enacting silmishams such as bushes etc away from public glare..If they get very passionate then the dupatta becomes the burqa for the couple to cover from top to bottom
hiv vgane,

i saw some silmishams in delhi parks...i think very famous parks...buddha jayanti parks have a lot of bushes ..near karol bagh area...

even lodhi garden good for silmishams.....i saw some parks in east delhi area too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back