• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

new tambram wedding ritual :) - addendum to pre nalangu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri Kunjuppu,

A traditional Tam brahm wedding having an intimate scene...Adding color?..Are we going to focus on TRP for this post?

It may be considered offensive by some especially in India

Do you have the permission from the couple?
smile.png

this was published in facebook public. obviously the folks who posed for the pix did not care as is evident from the 'shocked' look of those nearby.

if you find it 'offensive', just pass it by. i think it is more of a lark :).

to be taken lightly. off hand i dont expect a whole lot of couples rushing to kiss in public as a result of this :) ... though....

come to think of it who knows?

i have heard that when my great grand daddy on dad's side, cut off his kudumi, the whole of chathapuram village was up in arms and gathered in front of the house, insisting that the tuft be grown back :mad2: what happened afterwards is another story :kev:

Last edited:
Since girls for marriage have become very rare now, (tabra) boys have possibly become so "hungry" that they just can't wait even till the night! At this rate there is good possibility that very soon even "home base" will be exhibited in the pandal itself ;) and the photo uploaded to fb and many "sooooooooooo nice" appreciations/likes will come!

the OP pic seems to have been clcked immediately before the Oonjal, but somehow, it succeeds in eliminating the chasteness of a traditional wedding, so what if the precursor to it in all its details has been played out by the couple in the months before, we still belive in maintaining the charade.

sangom, arun,

i think this is a joke. just to get a few titillated, and much more upset. actually i was surprised at the number of upsets in the original facebook posting. :)

i would take it more lightly though.

Agree with Mr. K, it is a staged photo and a joke, given the well choreographed eye covering by the onlookers. But come to think of it I am a little surprised by how little PDA is there in India, even today. All that changes once the same Indians come abroad, and that surprises me no end that the same people behave differently in two places.

To Mr. Arun Kumar's point, is it still the expectation that there is no pre-marital canoodling among TBs and all the "education" to the girl has to imparted by elderly ladies or by the husband after marriage?

Agree with Mr. K, it is a staged photo and a joke, given the well choreographed eye covering by the onlookers. But come to think of it I am a little surprised by how little PDA is there in India, even today. All that changes once the same Indians come abroad, and that surprises me no end that the same people behave differently in two places.

biswa,

it looks like we have several layers of invisible clothing, each one with a predetermined handme down mindset with its particular set of restrictions and to me, it appears, that most of us, or rather many of us, once we cross the indian border, and more so moving to the west, ie europe/northamerica/australia/kiwiland/uk, we have little hesitation in throwing off any layer which we have found cumbersome or deep inside have found a problem living with it.

i think, i can safely say, every tambram has someway or the other, from what he was when he was in india, some more so than others. it could be as simple as eating an egg or cauliflower to eating meat/marrying a white person.

most interesting to me atleast, is how easy caste concept is thrown away with the marriage of their children. even if they marry a north indian brahmin or andhra brahmin, the brahmin content is seldom emphasized. but even if the daughter marries a white/muslim/sikh, we insist that the boy put the poonal (this is what i have seen). i say this, without prejudice, and pray, read this, as narrating of events, without any personal feelings of praise or condemnation or anything inbetween.

that someone should say that tambram marriages are sacrosanct in their practices, i only wish to compare what we do today with what happened in yester years. gone are the elaborate aasirvatham on wedding night and the nuptial advice from the vathiars. ;). every wedding i attended past 8 years or so, have what is called 'mehendi' with lot of bouncing and dancing to music, with eager participation from the older generation as well.

the reception, many a times, is held BEFORE the wedding, on the previous day. also, increasingly in our invitations, we find printed in small letters, 'NO BOXED GIFTS PLEASE' meaning the couple would like cold hard cash as gifts. people in previous generations were embarassed to ask for gifts, as what was sought, was only aasirvathams and blessings. no?

OP photo removed

i got a note from a relative of mine who knows the couple. apparently this couple has been trying to remove this from circulation. in deference to their wishes, i have removed it. :)

..and an explanation from my relative

i asked the relative, if the photo was staged or if it was a bet of some sort.

this is the reply that i got, which i wish to share with this public..

(they)Just got married in Bangalore... Their photographer thought it was a cute idea and they were ok with it being on facebook but THEN people started sharing it everywhere and the picture went VIRAL...ultimately the couple started getting upset as a lot of "conservative" people started posting nasty comments about how it was inappropriate

Incidentally, i got referred to it, just now from another facebook group..and this had already over 20,000 hits. i doubt if this can be contained. anyway, it is a lesson for anyone..think a few times, before posting anything in facebook twitter youtube. what you intended to do, and what happens to your output, may be completely different.

still i would like to condemn the fogies who spewed on the couple.

Last edited:
I must have missed something here??

From what I can make out by post here..was there a "you may kiss the bride" scene?

If so..what is the big deal??

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

The 'face book craze' makes people post anything, right from brushing the teeth to lying on the bed, in face book,

hoping that ONLY their friends will view it. When it goes to other public forums, they start panicking. BTW, is there

any way to copy-protect these photos so that friends can not copy paste them elsewhere? I have :noidea:

Now an interesting news.... We know that the couple are heading towards a divorce when they remove their wedding
photos from their F B account! :ranger:

Dear Renu,

Tambrams are not 'THAT' westernized yet, I guess!! :)

Dear RR ji,

Kissing is not an act of the western world.

It comes naturally to all humans.

Kissing is a sign of fondness and affection which humans display to each other.

Kissing need not always mean just sexual in nature.

A man kissing his bride shows his love for her..just like how when we kiss a child we show love for the child.

Obviously when "you may kiss the bride' happens..no one is Deep Kissing!LOL

.......... A man kissing his bride shows his love for her..just like how when we kiss a child we show love for the child.

Obviously when "you may kiss the bride' happens..no one is Deep Kissing!LOL
Dear Renu,

There IS difference. We should never kiss a child on its lips. :nono:

BTW, why bother about 'depth' all the time? :lol:

Dear RR ji,

Becos Depth is Stri and Length is Purusha!LOL
hi renu...

u are so KILLADIIIIIIIIIIII....u are a nice PLAYER in words......like 3D formula...depth/length with elevation....u know ...WHAT ELEVATION MEANS..LOL

Last edited:
it was clear that It was stage manned, and came across as clicked during an ad shoot, to think that it was a normal marriage pic, is surprising, a pretty good photographer he would have been. Yes it was quite bold, more because it seemed so out of place.(yes it was a you may kiss the bride pic) Like mentioned elsewhere in the thread, we have come a far way by having sangeet, mehndi, and reception on the day before, things are only going to go more advanced, whether we like it or not. Hats off to the couple, its just by change that they they were TBs, any couple in india would think twice before having this one in their album. I do fee sorry for what they went through post their publishing the pic.

hi renu...

u are so KILLADIIIIIIIIIIII....u are a nice PLAYER in words......like 3D formula...depth/length with elevation....u know ...WHAT ELEVATION MEANS..LOL
we a wandering into dangerous territory, with the third dimension being added, as we get more scientific and specific, we may have to revisit all the theories of maths and physics, area, length, volume, weights etc...

we a wandering into dangerous territory, with the third dimension being added, as we get more scientific and specific, we may have to revisit all the theories of maths and physics, area, length, volume, weights etc...

and effects of Gravity and velocity!LOL

hi renu...

Dear TBS Garu,

I wont be singing Main Khiladi Tu Anari too long..when RR ji comes online she is going to be..SHOCKED and I might get some' bashing' from her!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back