• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Pursuit - 2 (Redefining what I thought needs to be done)

krish44

In many cases kindness is misplaced .

There is no sense in oozing kindness for the undeserving at the same time feeling the fellow deserved it for

what all he did.

It is almost like feeding street dogs and stray buffaloes blocking the roads .

All are humans.

They need to cope with what happens to them out of their own acts.

No need for strangers to shed crocodile tears for anyone"s plight.

Millions have something happening to them all the time.

We need not promote a breast beating agency in tamil brahmins forum

hahahaha... Krish44 ... its so funny to see your comments here.. Somehow, I dont think you are brahmin at all. I believe you to be an insidious dravidan snake and it is well known that people like you have infiltrated all brahmin forums and also the bjp office in kamalalayam.. If I am wrong in my assessment.. kindly post your abhivadhayae here..

Also, this street dog and buffalo which is blocking the road right now has published a research thesis on electromagnetics. This was found by a german publisher who then searched for the street dog's contact information after 6 years and asked to publish the research for free as a book. The book is now on amazon and the buffalo is earning a royalty from it. And do you even know how many citations are there for the buffalo's research.. lmao.. (that means laughing my ass off.. somehow I dont think you knew what that meant)

Now.

Let us compare what you are when seen along side this street dog and buffalo.. kindly state your expertise and what you have achieved so far in your life.

prasad1

Post#20 was to the point.
Post#39 does not belong to this thread.
In light of post#41, it makes a mockery of people responding to this thread as the original poster does not deserve any sympathy.
It is a waste of time, as it is a reality show hatched.

Well Lets jump over the nuisances a bit..

on with my story..

Sanja

I dont know why I thought of her. But she was the only true crush in my life. Excepting of course the one in 8th std.. then in 9th.. then in XI std.. 3rd Sem of college... no wait.. where was I??

Sanja.. shes one of the best. Now, how did I meet her?.. I still remember it clearly, I had just landed in cincinnati and come to the university. I was staying with my friend from high school and looking for a parttime job. Since I got to the US late, I was unable to get any good parttime jobs. Everything was filled.

It was late in the evening, when my friend came to me and said.. "Dei, an am-ru Sanja called and left a message for you. She asked you to come to Siddall hall for interview and orientation. Its possibly a desk job. Good luck"

Thats when I learnt that am-ru stood for american. I was not really over the clouds with the news and took it normally. The next day, I went to Siddall. Siddall is one of the apartment complexes built for students to stay in i.e. one of many hostels. I went there at 10AM and was encountered with a crowded hall.

Having been in a village for the duration of my education, I had become extremely reticent - manly, villagish style. I thought thats what people respected.

Anyways, I approached the people present there one by one and asked them where I can find Sanja. Thats when I saw an african american woman and asked her the same questions. It looked like she had never come across an Indian guy before. She just stared at me and kept on staring at me. I know I was about the only person with a moustache.. probably in all of cincinnati... but she was over-doing her reactions.

Even as I was contemplating how to handle her stare, Sanja happened.

I was still staring back at the african american when Sanja kind of 'peeped' into my field of vision. It was like she was peeping into a window. You can see just her head and her upper body as if she was leaning in from the side. She had a big smile, a gap between her teeth like little 2-3 year old girls and she was bubbling with life.

'Hi ..'

thats what she said, before she moved sideways to come into my full view. The african american staring at me was suddenly pushed into the distant past.

'I am Sanja. I am the one who left you a message'

The word message was pronounced like 'messssaige' with a lot of enunciation -- just like a kid learning vocabulary.

She was beautiful.

It was like I was struck by lightning, I just stopped thinking or paying attention to anything else in the room. I could see only her... nothing else.

She was dressed unlike the other girls I had seen since coming to the us. She had what looked like a bigger version of 'Paavada Chokka'. The american girls usually wear dresses that accentuate their assets. But sanja was wearing a decent, modest dress.

Another thing was her liveliness, she was bubbling with enthusiasm and happiness. And she did not seem to notice that I was completely tuned out to what was happening around me and that I was staring at her with a blank expression.

Well, I realised I was staring but I could not do anything about it. Maybe it looked like I was listening to what she was saying to people around me but the truth was I could not hear a word she was saying.

I kept thinking ' She is sooooo beautiful..' Then I began to tell myself ' You just saw her.. its ok... calm down...' But I could not fight my inability to comprehend anything around me except Sanja.

After a few moments, I forced myself to snap out of it. But by the time, she was almost done talking to me. She was finishing up by saying " .. and thats about all you need to know about your work here. Come tomorrow at 10:30 AM to Calhoun Hall. We will look into your work timings there."

I did not want her to stop. I wanted to know more... more about her. I wanted to keep looking at her as she talked. That was really what I wanted.

She was starting to turn around when I quickly blurted out " How did you pick me for the job?" She stopped turning away and started to look towards me, with a kindergarden teacher's frown when she is about to reprimand a kid. Then, as quickly as it had appeared, the frown dispersed into a smile. "You had said in your application that you are an international student who wanted to make friends". Then she showed her teeth.

Its a very american thing. This showing of teeth by girls when they are happy or have been praised.

Unfortunately for Sanja, she had the small gap between her two front teeth. This feature, well, disturbed the smile. Whats worse was that.. I found this later.. that she smiled at every other nice thing you said to her :)).

When she keeps quiet, she would look almost like preeti zinta.

I later learnt that she was also like me, in her first year of Master's Degree immediately after completing her BE in Electrical Engineering. She was working at the housing because she had already been in Univ of Cincinnati for 4 years of her bachelors degree.

We had a lot more interactions after this. Eventually, I even worked up the courage to comment on her looks now and then.

Everytime I told her that she looked beautiful, she'd immediately fall silent, look directly at me and alternate between a full smile showing the gap between her teeth and tightly closing her mouth as if she were angry.

It was as if she was trying to decide if I was poking fun at her or if I really meant my compliment. After a few moments of this, she would say,

" You're lyyyyying....".

I would then reiterate with all sincerity,

"No Sanja, you really look good today.".

To this, she would reply - thank you - with a slight jerk of her head before walking away with a big smile.

I really liked her. Maybe it was her childish attitude, or maybe it was her ebullience, or her naturally muted beauty. I don't know why. But I liked her. It was not like I wanted to kiss her but more like, I wanted to 'be' with her.

One day, I was just walking out of McMicken's Hall looking at the ground.. immersed in my own musings. I suddenly heard someone say 'Hi, Krishnan' as they walked past me in the opposite direction.

I did not catch who it was so I turned around to see who it was. Sanja was also looking back as she was walking away to check if I was looking back. she was showing the gap between her teeth.

Another day, I was reading Ken Follett's "Pillars of the earth". I did not even notice her before she pulled the book out my hands and without even looking at me started to inspect what it was that I was reading.

"I approve." She said, with the air of a spoilt princess, before handing me the book.

Then with the mock contempt shown by royalty, she proceeded to walk towards the elevator. At the elevator she turned around, showed the gap between her teeth and quickly got into it before the doors closed.

God, I loved her. Damn, she didn't know.

Another Anti-Indian..

lol

Hey.. come on now.. you are a senior member.. you know what lol means right?? No?? lol...

Post#20 was to the point.
Post#39 does not belong to this thread.
In light of post#41, it makes a mockery of people responding to this thread as the original poster does not deserve any sympathy.
It is a waste of time, as it is a reality show hatched.

prasad1

Another Anti-Indian..

lol

Hey.. come on now.. you are a senior member.. you know what lol means right?? No?? lol...
What is Anti-Indian?
I call a spade a spade. I do not beat around the bush.
LOL does not cut it.
You are spinning a story and others are assuming it to be real life, and you are laughing at them.

a-TB

hahahaha... Krish44 ... its so funny to see your comments here.. Somehow, I dont think you are brahmin at all. I believe you to be an insidious dravidan snake and it is well known that people like you have infiltrated all brahmin forums and also the bjp office in kamalalayam.. If I am wrong in my assessment.. kindly post your abhivadhayae here..

Also, this street dog and buffalo which is blocking the road right now has published a research thesis on electromagnetics. This was found by a german publisher who then searched for the street dog's contact information after 6 years and asked to publish the research for free as a book. The book is now on amazon and the buffalo is earning a royalty from it. And do you even know how many citations are there for the buffalo's research.. lmao.. (that means laughing my ass off.. somehow I dont think you knew what that meant)

Now.

Let us compare what you are when seen along side this street dog and buffalo.. kindly state your expertise and what you have achieved so far in your life.
Here is my view,

It may be an effort for some to be kind but it should be easy to be not unkind (that is double negative).

When messages of unwarranted attacks come like that of Krish44 in his first message in this thread, then one can try to be patient and respond with maturity. There may be times to give a fitting response to shut down such messages but it cannot be with another immature response.

Not everyone has to be a Brahmin to be a member here. Some here claim brahminhood because they are born in a family but have no issues in spewing hateful messages.

Personally I would prefer to deal with people of good character regardless of what their birth credentials are.

Do you really think that if one memorizes some vedic verses or say abhivadaye they are of fine character? Does birth alone qualifies one to be a brahmin?

I did Google search and came across some very good articles. I am not going to copy and paste but just give links

1. https://www.speakingtree.in/blog/brahminical-qualities
2. Scriptures declare that only a realized soul can claim to be a brahmin. Here is a reference that translates a vedic text

Based on these examples no one that claims to be a Brahmin here is indeed one.

This forum has a tendency to attract off the wall senior TBs (by birth only) with all kinds of mental afflictions & prejudices and they come here to get their aggression expressed. Sort of a therapy for them I suppose. Leave them alone.

It appears sharing your story real and/or imagined is helping you . Hope you get better regardless

krish44

Some members are mentally sick and they express it in their posts .

We have had such instances in the past..

They require treatment in appropriate hospitals .

There is no wisdom in empathising with them.

They will take it as license for bad behaviour .

Best to ignore them or driop them from the forum

Yes.. responding to flaming or an otherwise aggressive post was not very intelligent on my part.

I hope I act with maturity going forward.. Let us see..

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media