• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Collections

Status
Not open for further replies.
renukaji

10322772_1422767917991863_4835298007862898104_n.jpg

What else you will remember from time to time ?

So you want me to argue with you based on your vaguely remembering something you read!!!

Dear PJ sir,

I remember that vividly even till now..I also remember Kamala Subramaniam writing about Madri and Pandu where Pandu tries to have a physical relationship with Madri and I remember Kamala Subramaniam writing this 'Madri who was dark and beautiful was running hither thither like a deer being pursued by a hunter"..

PJ sir..I have quite a good memory..I even remember dreams I had when I was 5 years old.

I still remember one brand of undergarments I saw one person wearing when I was 7 years old!

So PJ sir BTW you are taking for some websites..how are you so sure they are 100% right?

So relax PJ sir..dont worry I will be here to argue with you!LOL

renukaji

I do not want this folder get involved in endless arguments ! However once, i will answer you.

Your remembering someone calling Karna Suta Putra is right, but it was not Yudhistra

Here is the story:

Suta Putra –
The main reason Karna supporters cite for his pathological hatred for Pandavas and Draupadi – especially Draupadi, is because they called him Suta-putra..

In those days, everyone – EVERYONE – was given a name that told you their jati or parentage. Krushna was called a cowherd, Vidur dasi-putra, Dharatarashtras for being sons of Dhurtarashtra, Pandavas for being sons of Pandu etc. It was not an insult, it was simply the way people addressed each other in those days.

Even now, your surname tells people where you came from, what job your ancestors may have done, what honours they may have earned etc. This is the same in the east as west – hence you have plenty of Patels, Shahs, Trivedi, Singh, Hajji, Gazi, Yamin, Khan, Smith, Knight, Huntley, MacMillan, Cohen, Levi etc. So when you call a CEO of a financial company “Mr Smith” – are you insulting him by reminding him his father was a blacksmith ? Ofcourse not ! It is a term of reference as to who he is. Suta-putra was a term of reference as to who Karna was brought up as.
People often say that just because Draupadi chose not to marry Karna, she was too haughty and too proud. Why presume that ?

Draupadi first saw Karna at the svayamvar. As a princess, at her svayamwar, she was given the chance to choose who she marries. She chose not to become a Mrs Suta. She didn’t like that surname. Her choice. She was entitled to it ! As a young woman, she chose not to marry the haughty Karna who thought the world owed him for being wrongly called a suta-putra ! Maybe she didn’t like the way he looked. Maybe she didn’t like what she heard about him from others. Her friends would have given her the “bio-data - resume” of all the suitors at the svayamvar for sure. Remember – Karna was there when the Kauravas tried to conquer Panchal and were defeated and maybe she didn’t like what she heard about him from that war.

When you were looking for a wife, if your relatives tried to arrange a “meeting” and the woman rejected you – for whatever reason – would you take it out on her years later by asking the people of your building to strip her and incite them to rape her just because she turned you down all those years ago ? Or would you take it out on a girl who refused to dance with you at a college party or refused to share a bus seat with you because she didn’t like the way you were looking at her – or whatever her reasons for rejecting your advances ?

To feel the “insult” of the svayamwar years later and to take it out on her by saying – strip her in public and ask her to sit on your naked thigh – is way below what a man of honour would do.

http://www.pushti-marg.net/bhagwat/Mahabharata/karna2.htm

Platonic relationships - Karna -Drupadi | 3906606 | Mahabharat Forum

No PJ sir..I am sure that I read it was Yudhs who did not want to do the final rites and he used the word Suta Putra..only then Kunti revealed the truth and then Yudhs cursed that all females will never be able to keep a secret.

Its Ok PJ sir..I am not here to win or lose any argument..I am here to share.

Draupadi calling him Suta Putra is a well known fact cos she was arrogant to start with.

So Karna was called Suta Putra by not only Draupadi but also by Yudhs.

Anyway PJ sir..as I said...I am not here to win or lose..I remember what I read.

Last edited:
renukaji

You could not have read anywhere in Authentic Vyasa Maha Bharat ,Yudhistra insulting anyone because Yudhistra was Dharma Raja

For dramatization, some one might have told you a story that Yudhistra at the time of final rites of Karna said !

Here is the story:

Yudhishtara performed the last rites of the warriors slain in the war.....He was surprised to see his mother stumble across the grounds. 'Mother! What are you doing here?'

'I....I just came to see whether the last rites of everyone was done!'

Yudhishtara looked surprised and nodded his head. 'I am not ungrateful, mother! These brave people have laid their lives for me! I have not forgotten anybody! I....'

'Yes you have!' The words were out of Kunti's mouth before she could even stop herself. Yudhishtara stopped talking unable to believe what he was hearing. He looked at his mother questioningly who was now looking at the Dark Lord.

Krishna looked at Kunti with a sad smile on his lips and slowly nodded his head. Kunti opened her mouth but still no words came out. Krishna came forward and held Kunti's shoulder. Kunti who suddenly looked feeble, closed her eyes and with the touch of Krishna's finger opened her eyes.
'You have forgotten Karna!' Kunti said slowly.

'Why on earth should I perform the last rites for Karna? He is the enemy! The one person whom I was genuinely....' Yudhishtara stopped suddenly looking at the expression on his mother's face.

'He is my son! He was born before I married your father!' Kunti said quietly.

Feeling the world go topsy turvy, Yudhishtara suddenly sat down unable to take in what was being said. He did not doubt, not even for a second, about what he had just heard......

'He is my brother!' Yudhishtara whispered a tiny tear trickled from his eyes. 'My elder brother!' Yudhishtara sat down holding his head in his hands. 'All he had to do was tell me! I would have given him everything! And I fought him!' Yudhishtara looked at his hands wishing he could do something to his hands, which he suddenly found offensive.

Yudhishtara was feeling detached as he saw Bhima look like he could not understand anything.

Bhima closed his eyes wishing he could forget that smile of Karna....That smile of Karna which Bhima always found so offensive....Bhima just wished he could forget everything....

Arjuna broke down sobbing. 'I KILLED MY BROTHER! I CAN NEVER BE FORGIVEN!' He screamed. He looked around as he suddenly saw images of Karna everywhere. The noble features of Karna, his pride, his beheading, his.....

'Keshava! What do I do?' He said crying and unable to think straight.

Kunti made all her sons sit down and narrated everything. She even told them about how she had approached Karna to come to the side of the Pandavas. 'He said he was Duryodhana's friend and would never leave him....' Kunti said breaking out crying unable to bear it anymore.

'He knew!' Yudhishtara said with a broken heart. 'He knew about us....' Yudhishtara looked at Kunti with angry eyes. 'Is that the reason he spared all our lives?' Yudhishtara asked suddenly feeling disgusted with himself.

Kunti slowly nodded her head as she told about Karna's promise to kill only Arjuna.....

Krishna shrugged looking at Kunti and the Pandavas. 'You all had each other! Through all your trials, you were still together!' Krishna shook his head. 'Karna has suffered much in his life and he had no one...not one person to share it with!'

Yudhishtara closed his eyes wishing he could just....'That is why I felt....like that in the dice game!' Yudhishtara muttered to himself.

Bhima looked at his elder brother enquiringly. 'I was feeling very disgusted with myself in the dice game!....But there...I saw Karna's feet and I was surprised...' Yudhishtara said speaking fast. 'Karna's feet looked exactly like mother's feet....' Yudhishtara shook his head rapidly. 'I could not explain it...Not even to myself...But looking at the feet calmed me down....Now I know why!'

Yudhishtara is a fit of anger looked at his mother. 'All this happened because you kept a secret! This war...the entire war would not have happened....' Yudhishtara chocked unable to continue. He finally looked at his mother. 'I curse all women! None of you would ever be able to keep a secret!'

Stories from Hindu Mythology: Karna - After the end.

Stories from Hindu Mythology: Karna - After the end.

Last edited:
renukaji

You could not have read anywhere in Authentic Vyasa Maha Bharat ,Yudhistra insulting anyone because Yudhistra was Dharma Raja

Dear PJ sir,

Yudhs was not always Dharamaraj..at times he was also Adharmaraja!

He totally lacked foresight..putting everyone at stake during gambling..didnt he know that he had already lost himself and yet he put Draupadi at stake?

That is why she asked him "when you had lost yourself how could you put me at stake?"

And even then he kept quiet and what type of man will stoop to such a level to make a wife a mere pawn in a game of dice?

That's so disrespectful isnt it? Is this what we call a Dharmaraja?

Then the best part when Draupadi is getting disrobed..that is the time he wants to adhere to Dharma and not help her..when he already broke Pati Dharma of putting a wife at stake.

Why didnt he put Kunti at stake? Imagine if Kunti was being disrobed..do you think the Pandavas would have kept quiet?

Then the great Bhishma too does not help Draupadi..all suddenly want to follow Dharma!LOL

But when he is dying on the bed of arrows that time he tells Draupadi that it was the food that he ate provided by Duryodhana that blinded him and now when all blood is drained from him he is back to his Dharmic self again? What Mannnangati!

At least when we are dying we should be brave enough to admit our mistakes and at least he could have apologize to Draupadi..but instead Bhisma was blaming Duryodhana!

Even a common criminal feels remorse and apologizes and admits his mistake before the death sentence and does not blame anyone else.

So PJ sir..Mahabharat should be read with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
renukaji

problem with you is you change the line argument from the main point.

The question was whether Yudhistra called Karna Suta Putra at any point of time; especially at the final rites of Karna.

Stick to that, do not bring other point like dice game which is irrelevant to this.

Last edited:
Dear P J Sir,

You are taking pains to C n P materials form various sources including Dinamalar.

Where is the proof that whatever is written is correct information?

Yes Raji Madam

I collect interesting articles from various sources and put it here, and that is why i gave the heading as " My collections"

All my posts are based on some sources and i give them also

I also give the source of my post.

Last edited:
renukaji

problem with you is you change the line argument from the main point.

The question was whether Yudhistra called Karna Suta Putra at any point of time; especially at the final rites of Karna.

Strict to that, do not bring other point like dice game which is irrelevant to this.

PJ sir,

That Yudsh vs Suta Putra discussion is over..I even told you the book I read that from.....my new post was a reply to you cos you said Yudhs is Dharmaraja...so I was citing the dice game to show how much of an Adharmaraja he was.

PJ sir,

That Yudsh vs Suta Putra discussion is over..I even told you the book I read that from.....my new post was a reply to you cos you said Yudhs is Dharmaraja...so I was citing the dice game to show how much of an Adharmaraja he was.

renukaji

This is not General section, you can go on arguing from anything to anything.

When i write about Dice Game , you can raise your points then, not in this.

renukaji

This is not General section, you can go on arguing from anything to anything.

When i write about Dice Game , you can raise your points then, not in this.

OK PJ sir,

From now on I will only praise you.

This is my opening Shloka.

Forum Deva Namasthubhayam,
Praseedha Mama Jnaana Bhaskara,
PadmanabhanaH Namastubhayam,
Jnana Prabhakara Namostute.

Jnanaashwa Rathamaaroodham,
Prachanda Kopa Aagatam,
Forum Deva Namastubhyam,
Tam Padmanabham Pranamaamyaham.

Translation :
Salutations to the Forum Deva
O' Sun of knowledge..kindly be pleased
Salutations to you O' Padmanabha
Sun of knowledge..my salutations to you.

The one who rides the chariot of the horses of knowledge,
The one who gets angrily very quickly (LOL)
My salutations to you O' Forum Deva
Unto you Padmanabha..I offer my obeisance.

Last edited:
......... These collections are for only sharing and not for any argument.
Reminds me of 'Read only' attribute! =:ranger: and :tape: !

P.S: It is difficult to be quiet; so just one comment and NO argument:

Wiki could have used better words to describe the curse of Pandu!! :typing:

Dear Renu,

I can't write Sanskrit poems like you but can give a link to a song praising 'Padmanabha'!!

Padmanabha Paahi

Dear RR ji,

I just altered Surya Ashatakam here and there and made a Padmanabha Stuti!

Actually I even sang it as I typed it to make sure the tune was maintained!LOL

When PJ sir comes online..he is going to get real mad with both of us!

If he gets mad I am going to compose Padmanabha Namavali for him..but be ready.. he is going to kill us both!LOL

Dear PJ sir,

I have a question for you...Vidura is an incarnation of Yama Dharmaraj..as he got cursed by sage Mandavya to be born as a Sudra.

Ok so Yama takes birth as Vidura born thru a Sudra lady.

But Yama also gave Kunti whose used the Mantra given to beget progeny..that time Vidura was already alive..but still Yama was able to bestow Kunti a progeny when she used the Mantra.

Then again Yama takes the form of a Yaksha to test Yudhs.

So it seems as if Yama is supposed to be cursed to take birth as Vidura but at the same time Yama is free to grant boons for progeny and also free to take forms to test Yudhisthira.

So is Yama omnipresent and omnipotent and able to even take incarnations and yet retain his true self like an avatar? In that case is a Deva also like Vishnu?? Able to take avatars but yet retain His full potency?

If he is..then how does the curse of Sage Mandavya work?? That is Yama is still not fully bound by it..that is he is Vidura and at the same time free to attend to other duties of Yama.

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

I think the curses work like this. Yama will not be disturbed from his duties but yet will take birth as Vidura because of the curse.

He has the life of a Sudhra and at the same time free to attend to his duties too! This is similar to Vishnu taking Parasurama and

Rama avtArs at the same time and as
Balarama and Krishna avtArs at the same time!

purANaththilE idhellAm sagajam ammA!! :D

விடிய விடிய கதை கேட்டு சீதைக்கு ராமன் சித்தப்பா என்றாராம்

TN_120216161909000000.jpg

விடிய விடிய ராமாயணம் கேட்டவனிடம், சீதைக்கு ராமன் யார்? என கேள்வி கேட்டார் உபன்யாசகர். சித்தப்பா என்றாராம் சொற்பொழிவைக் கேட்டவர். வேதனையின் உச்சத்திற்கே போய்விட்டார் உபன்யாசகர். இவ்வளவு நேரம் ராமாயணம் சொல்லியும் பலனில்லையே! இருந்தாலும், மற்றவர்கள் மனது புண்படும் அல்லவா! நிலைமையை இப்படி சமாளித்தார். இவர் சொல்வது உங்களுக்கு புரியவில்லை. சித்தம்+அப்பா என்று அவர் சொல்கிறார். சித்தம் என்றால் மனம். அப்பா என்றால் தலைவன். சீதையின் மனதிற்கு ராமன் தானே தலைவன் என பேசி கைத்தட்டல் வாங்கி விட்டார். எந்த நல்ல விஷயத்தையும் கவனமாகக் கேட்க வேண்டும். கேட்டால் மட்டும் போதாது. அதை வாழ்வில் கடைபிடிக்கவும் வேண்டும்.

அர்ஜுனனுக்கு கீதையைப் போதித்தான் கிருஷ்ணன். கீதை முடிந்ததும், தேரின் மேற்பகுதியில் ஏறி அமர்ந்து கொண்டான். இந்த நேரத்தில், அர்ஜுனனின் மகன் அபிமன்யு கொல்லப்பட்டான். அர்ஜுனனுக்கு சோகம் தாங்கவில்லை. கண்ணீர் வழிந்தது. சிறிது நேரத்தில், அவன் மீது மேலிருந்து சில சொட்டு தண்ணீர் சூடாக விழுந்தது. அர்ஜுனன் ஏறிட்டுப் பார்த்தான். கிருஷ்ணனின் கண்களில் இருந்து விழுந்த கண்ணீர் தன் மீது பட்டதை அறிந்து, என் மகன் இறப்புக்காக நான் அழுகிறேன். நீ ஏனப்பா அழுகிறாய்? என்று கேட்டான். இவ்வளவு நேரம், வாழ்வின் நிலையாமை பற்றி உனக்கு கீதை சொன்னேனே! அதை நினைத்து கண்ணீர் வடிக்கிறேன், என்றானாம் கிருஷ்ணன்.

Temple News | News | Dinamalar Temple | ????? ????? ??? ?????? ???????? ????? ????????? ?????????- ???? ?????? ?????????

PJ Sir,
What a grand and thought provoking incidents illustrated at #9 & #10 which would definitely go to make a balance of mind in one to reach and identify the moral of the stories. I Really enjoyed the essence of it. Thank you.

Dear Renu,

I think the curses work like this. Yama will not be disturbed from his duties but yet will take birth as Vidura because of the curse.

He has the life of a Sudhra and at the same time free to attend to his duties too! This is similar to Vishnu taking Parasurama and

Rama avtArs at the same time and as
Balarama and Krishna avtArs at the same time!

purANaththilE idhellAm sagajam ammA!! :D

Dear RR ji,

That is the most logical explanation..but that means a Deva also is like Lord Vishnu?? Able to take avataram?

Hopefully Vaagmi ji replies to this query.

I liked this line the best BTW:

purANaththilE idhellAm sagajam ammA!!

Raji Madam and Renukaji

one itself is plenty to handle

And now i see both of you have joined to tease me with Slokams, Archana etc

பக்தன் எப்படி இருக்க வேண்டும்?

பக்தன் எப்படி இருக்க வேண்டும்?

kpc-20052014.jpg

ஒரு பக்தன் எப்படி இருக்க வேண்டும் என்று கந்தபுராணத்தில் முருகப்பெருமான் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார்.

* தெளிவான அறிவோடு இருக்க வேண்டும்.

* எல்லோரிடமும் அமைதியாகவும், இனிமையாகவும் பேச வேண்டும்.

* உணர்ச்சியை வென்றவனாக நடந்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

* எவரிடமும், எந்த விதத்திலும் பகைமை பாராட்டாதிருக்க வேண்டும்.

* எப்பொழுதும் கருணை கொண்ட மனதுடன் இருக்க வேண்டும்.

* தீய செயல்களை சிந்திக்காதவனாக இருக்க வேண்டும்.

* நல்ல காரியங்கள் செய்பவனாகவும், பிறர் இன்ப– துன்பங்களில் ஈடுபாடு கொண்டவனாகவும் இருக்க வேண்டும்.

* எல்லா உயிர்களிடத்தும் கடவுள் இருப்பதை உணர்ந்தவனாகவும், ஏற்றத் தாழ்வு பார்க்காதவனாகவும் செயல்பட வேண்டும்.

* ஏழை எளியவர்களுக்கு உதவி செய்பவனாக இருக்க வேண்டும்.

* பிறர் குறைகளை பற்றி கவலைப்படாமல், அவனுக்கு உதவ வேண்டும்.

மேற்கூறிய குணநலன்கள் இருந்து, ஈடுபாடுடன் என்னிடம் பக்தி செலுத்துபவன் எவனோ, அவனே உண்மையான பக்தன். இதில் ஒரு குறை இருந்தாலும் அவனை என் பக்தனாக ஏற்க மாட்டேன்.

?????? ?????? ?????? ????????? | Daily Thanthi

Can women Pray during her monthly Periods?

Can women Pray during her monthly Periods?

Yes, definitely, if one keeps her mind pure.

Menstruation is part of the menstrual cycle, which helps a woman's body prepare for the possibility of pregnancy each month.

There have been many myths and taboos associated with menstruation.

There is a story behind this;

Viswaroopa the son of Thwashta was recruited as the ‘guru’(priest) fore the gods in place of Bruhaspathi, when Bruhaspathi was hidden himself because of the insult made by the Indra. Viswaroopa was killed by Indra in a cheating war, then the Indra was attacked by the Brahma-hathya Dosha’.

So now indra was suffering from the ‘brahma-hathya Dosha’. After some time he asks Bruhaspathi for solution, then Bruhaspathi said ‘if there is any body to share that, then you’ll be relieved and you should give some boons to the person’

The following shared the Brahma-hathya Dosha of indra in the following manner.
1. Earth (prithvy)
2. Trees (vriksha)
3. Sea (samudra)
4. Ladies (sthree)

Earth shared the sin and releases the sin in the form of “fuller’s earth (choudu mritthika)” and got the boon that the earth will be filled or become closed even after the excavations.

Trees shared the sin and releases the sin in the form of ‘gum’ and got the boon that they can grow even they cut.

Sea shared the sin and released the sin in the form of ‘foam/froth’ and got the boon the at the sea cannot cross the sea shore (generally, not in some cases).

Ladies shared the sin and releases the sin in the form of ‘menstruation’ every month and got the boon that they can give birth to children from menstruation.

As Majority of Hindus view that Women are unclean during that period, one respect that opinion by refraining by going to Temple.

In Mahabharata Draupati’s prayer during her menstruation period was accepted by Lord Sri.Krishna.

Hindus consider every book of knowledge is a form of Devi Saraswathi and are we not placing them during Sri. Saraswathi Puja and worship them? During the period women touch/read these books given voluntarily by elders.

Even our work and work place is Divine, are we stopping women to go to office during the periods?

No female Gynecologists cease to work during their period, as they put work above their body discomforts.

The orthodox view a menstruating female becomes pure by bathing after the menstrual secretion has ceased should mean an acknowledgement of their difficult time and may be allow for their mood swings, also they have an enforced break from mundane chores.

However this is my personal view.

Source; Yahoo answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back