• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mind Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can happily consider Krishna as a consort, friend or a child. Vaishanava devotion allows it.

But in Islam, you have just one relationship with Allah.. You are just a slave of Allah. Period.

If you ever say you consider Allah as your friend,consort or child in Islam, in most Islamic countries ... like Malaysia.. our head will be separated from your body.....

that is the difference between Vaishanava and and one who accepted Islam.

Srila Prabupada became a Vaishnava. But he is not the authority in Vaishnava principle.

Anybody can become a Vaishnava.... Just realise Krishna....

Hey, What do you know, Something Islam can never imagine... Treating the God as the subordinate....

Vaishnava principle accepts this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV8yRtU8jmo

That song was superb! ( Ayarpadi maligaiyil) ... Thank you. That is a very nice song.

(I had to hit the bottle(s) of wine tonight... Sad... one of my clients commited suicide......)

As I said earlier, there is no connection between Islam and Vaishnavism....

That song was superb! ( Ayarpadi maligaiyil) ... Thank you. That is a very nice song.

(I had to hit the bottle(s) of wine tonight... Sad... one of my clients commited suicide......)

As I said earlier, there is no connection between Islam and Vaishnavism....

May his soul rest in peace.

Suicide is painful to hear.

You can happily consider Krishna as a consort, friend or a child. Vaishanava devotion allows it.

But in Islam, you have just one relationship with Allah.. You are just a slave of Allah. Period.

If you ever say you consider Allah as your friend,consort or child in Islam, in most Islamic countries ... like Malaysia.. our head will be separated from your body.....

that is the difference between Vaishanava and and one who accepted Islam.

Srila Prabupada became a Vaishnava. But he is not the authority in Vaishnava principle.

Anybody can become a Vaishnava.... Just realise Krishna....

Hey, What do you know, Something Islam can never imagine... Treating the God as the subordinate....

Vaishnava principle accepts this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV8yRtU8jmo

Oye..
No one is beheaded here for wrong understandingLOL

Btw Muns...I think once a Vaishnava..always a Vaishnava..even those who become Atheist are still very much Vaishnavas at heart and even though you hit the bottle JD or Wine...you are still very lucid about Vaishnavaism.

Om Namo Narayanaya!

Wonder what Vaagmi ji has to say!

Btw Muns...I think once a Vaishnava..always a Vaishnava..even those who become Atheist are still very much Vaishnavas at heart and even though you hit the bottle JD or Wine...you are still very lucid about Vaishnavaism.

Om Namo Narayanaya!

Wonder what Vaagmi ji has to say!

Vaagmi is busy visiting friends in London. He has withdrawn from this thread. bye.

Remember Nara, a Vaishnavite turned Atheist. LOL

I was talking about humour. People make use of humour to talk in a light way about excess or deficiency of someone or something. You can say with humour something potentially very insulting and still get away with it. Humour can be used as a strong defence too. It is the latter I am going to talk about with regard to elevation of one's mind.

This is kali yuga with pressures and temptations all around you. It is very easy to succumb to one of them. So the question is how does one resist these forces and maintain equanimity? The answer is in building a strong defence that helps in not compromising one's nature but still seem to be in tune with the times.

The ideal is to make the defence work in a spontaneous way but that will come only after you do the hard work. So one needs to be proactive first in building the defence.

Of all the types of pressures you are subject to, the ones that can most easily be handled are the ones that are non stopping and unrelenting.

The main purpose of someone applying pressure on you is to allay their own fears or insult you and feel good about it or make you consent to something.

The situation is cope up or succumb You can hit back with the force you are able to muster but think what happens when two physical forces collide. The stronger one prevails and in the case of eqaul strength both perish. So this technique gives bleak results especially for one who wants to be good.

Last edited:
The better technique would be to take off the impact of the force and when you first begin to learn to do that, you are getting truly initiated into spirituality.

Last edited:
The first step that helps you take the impact of force is by being humorous outwardly or inwardly and making light of the opponent's pressure. Making light of the situation in an inward way is preferable and you will automatically respond appropriately to the situation.

Understand that, at this stage you are still recognizing what comes from the opponent, as a force. We will see that at higher level responses you don't even see the force coming from the opponent.

The million dollar question is how do you be humorous in a spontaneous way because that is what will work effectively?

The most fundamental step to take in this regard is to cultivate assiduously an eye for the good.

A little more on humor. It can resorted to as an offence or as a defence. Humor as an offence is always in bad taste and reflects the inability of the people to take the conversation in a logical way.

The way to handle offensive humor is to understand well the psyche of such persons first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back