• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Mind Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Shunya vadin, you will never understand because you are stuck with Shunya. I give up. I wait untill you transcend the Shunya. God bless you with the equipment. LOL.

What is there to transcend when there is only One in this apparent No - Thingness.

Nothing just means..No-Thing.
Its not empty but beyond Things.

O' Vaishnava..may you be able to see beyond Things and reach the state of No- Thingness...that is the secret to Everything!

What is there to transcend when there is only One in this apparent No - Thingness.

Nothing just means..No-Thing.
Its not empty but beyond Things.

O' Vaishnava..may you be able to see beyond Things and reach the state of No- Thingness...that is the secret to Everything!

The other day I overheard a cockroach inside a polythene bag telling its mate "there is nothing outside. This is all what is there to existence. So there is nothing to transcend. There is just nothing except me and you because you are me and I am you. It is just shunya. It is even a grammatical mistake to address the shunya as "it" because then it becomes finite. Budhdha said this long back. I am telling this now. So let us forget everything. You are not you. I am not me. This universe (the space inside the bag) is nothing. Everything is just Maya. Please do not ask me who is perceiving all this. I have no answer. I am happy with mAya because I do not have to explain anything. LOL.

The other day I overheard a cockroach inside a polythene bag telling its mate "there is nothing outside. This is all what is there to existence. So there is nothing to transcend. There is just nothing except me and you because you are me and I am you. It is just shunya. It is even a grammatical mistake to address the shunya as "it" because then it becomes finite. Budhdha said this long back. I am telling this now. So let us forget everything. You are not you. I am not me. This universe (the space inside the bag) is nothing. Everything is just Maya. Please do not ask me who is perceiving all this. I have no answer. I am happy with mAya because I do not have to explain anything. LOL.

The cockroach I heard talking here a few days ago it was telling to a female cockroach .."O Laghu Graham! One must always make sure there are holes in any bag to prevent asphyxia..a couple of days ago two staunch Vaishnava cockroaches died due to lack of oxygen in a polythene bag"

Female cockroach says " why?didnt they know they would suffocate?"

Male cockroach.." blind faith my love..they surrendered to Narayana without making any effort to survive ..but Narayana didnt rescue them from suffocation"

Saranaagathy.....

Saranagathy does not denote inaction.

Saranagathy denotes action without expecting the fruits from such action.

Directly relates to Geetha Upadesam.

It takes a lot to get there. I know I haven't got there yet because I suffered a momentary anxiety on Saturday.

Now that I learned it, I can practice more self awareness in the future.

The cockroach I heard talking here a few days ago it was telling to a female cockroach .."O Laghu Graham! One must always make sure there are holes in any bag to prevent asphyxia..a couple of days ago two staunch Vaishnava cockroaches died due to lack of oxygen in a polythene bag"

Female cockroach says " why?didnt they know they would suffocate?"

Male cockroach.." blind faith my love..they surrendered to Narayana without making any effort to survive ..but Narayana didnt rescue them from suffocation"

I never thought mayavadins can be so poor in maths and science.

The first mistake was when they concluded one plus one was equal to one. The second mistake being one plus one plus one is equal to one. The third mistake being one plus one plus one plus one is equal to one again.

Now how much oxygen does a cockroach inhale-for that matter does it inhale oxygen at all? What is the capacity of its lung or lungs? How long will it take for a cockroach to completely exhaust the oxygen supply in a polythene bag? By the standards of cockroach what is the length of life that it covers by inhaling from within a polythene bag? Is it 50% or 80% of its total length of given life? If so would it mean the cockroach has lived happily for 70 units of time (years by human standard) and died a ripe old "man" (read male cockroach). Without thinking about all these attendant logical problems mayavadins quickly conclude that the cockroach died a premature death inside a polythene bag and conclude that Narayana did not save him.

conclusion: mayavadins are not only delusional but are also shortsighted (myopic in a Doctor's language). LOL.

You have the equipments. So think about the matter in all its ramifications and come at a conclusion.

LORL.

Last edited:
Saranaagathy.....

Saranagathy does not denote inaction.

Saranagathy denotes action without expecting the fruits from such action.

Directly relates to Geetha Upadesam.

It takes a lot to get there. I know I haven't got there yet because I suffered a momentary anxiety on Saturday.

Now that I learned it, I can practice more self awareness in the future.

Let me see whether a mayavadin listens to munsaamyji and starts loving God. LOL

I never thought mayavadins can be so poor in maths and science.

The first mistake was when they concluded one plus one was equal to one. The second mistake being one plus one plus one is equal to one. The third mistake being one plus one plus one plus one is equal to one again.

Now how much oxygen does a cockroach inhale-for that matter does it inhale oxygen at all? What is the capacity of its lung or lungs? How long will it take for a cockroach to completely exhaust the oxygen supply in a polythene bag? By the standards of cockroach what is the length of life that it covers by inhaling from within a polythene bag? Is it 50% or 80% of its total length of given life? If so would it mean the cockroach has lived happily for 70 units of time (years by human standard) and died a ripe old "man" (read male cockroach). Without thinking about all these attendant logical problems mayavadins quickly conclude that the cockroach died a premature death inside a polythene bag and conclude that Narayana did not save him.

conclusion: mayavadins are not only delusional but are also shortsighted (myopic in a Doctor's language). LOL.

You have the equipments. So think about the matter in all its ramifications and come at a conclusion.

LORL.

On a more serious note....how is it to be Vaishnava?
Its so Abrahamic I feel.

Islam also means Surrender..so is there any possibility Vaishnavaism had Islamic influence?

Yes, the very same Munsaamy. Munsaamy can switch from Muni - Saamy to Moonu Saamy at anytime.

Here is a good set of lyrics - ( Munsaamy loves songs...).

"From A Distance"

From a distance the world looks blue and green,
and the snow-capped mountains white.
From a distance the ocean meets the stream,
and the eagle takes to flight.

From a distance, there is harmony,
and it echoes through the land.
It's the voice of hope, it's the voice of peace,
it's the voice of every man.

From a distance we all have enough,
and no one is in need.
And there are no guns, no bombs, and no disease,
no hungry mouths to feed.

From a distance we are instruments
marching in a common band.
Playing songs of hope, playing songs of peace.
They're the songs of every man.
God is watching us. God is watching us.
God is watching us from a distance.

From a distance you look like my friend,
even though we are at war.
From a distance I just cannot comprehend
what all this fighting is for.

From a distance there is harmony,
And it's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves,
it's the heart of every man.

It's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves.
This is the song of every man.
And God is watching us, God is watching us,
Oh, God is watching us, God is watching.
God is watching us from a distance.[video=youtube;lN4AcFzxtdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN4AcFzxtdE[/video]

Islam - Surrender and wait for Judgement Day. Lucky to get Muhammad to intercede. Lucky to get mercy of Allah.

Vaishnavam - Surrender. No judgement day. Plenty time to reform oneself.... all with the help of Narayana. No prophet to intercede. One can reform enough to elevate oneself equal to Narayana.

Vaishnavam is freedom.....

Last edited:
Yes, the very same Munsaamy. Munsaamy can switch from Muni - Saamy to Moonu Saamy at anytime.

Here is a good set of lyrics - ( Munsaamy loves songs...).

"From A Distance"

From a distance the world looks blue and green,
and the snow-capped mountains white.
From a distance the ocean meets the stream,
and the eagle takes to flight.

From a distance, there is harmony,
It's the voice of hope, it's the voice of peace,
it's the voice of every man.

From a distance we all have enough,
and no one is in need.
And there are no guns, no bombs, and no disease,
no hungry mouths to feed.

From a distance we are instruments
marching in a common band.
Playing songs of hope, playing songs of peace.
They're the songs of every man.
God is watching us. God is watching us.

From a distance you look like my friend,
even though we are at war.
From a distance I just cannot comprehend
what all this fighting is for.

From a distance there is harmony,
And it's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves,
it's the heart of every man.

It's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves.
This is the song of every man.
And God is watching us, God is watching us,
Oh, God is watching us, God is watching.
God is watching us from a distance.[video=youtube;lN4AcFzxtdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN4AcFzxtdE[/video]

Chaos theory poetically expressed. LOL.

On a more serious note....how is it to be Vaishnava?
Its so Abrahamic I feel.

Islam also means Surrender..so is there any possibility Vaishnavaism had Islamic influence?

On a serious note:

It can not be expressed in words. You have to experience it. Better become a vaishnav.

All good things in this world have many aspects in common.

On a serious note:

It can not be expressed in words. You have to experience it. Better become a vaishnav.

All good things in this world have many aspects in common.

No Thanks..No plans to convert...I am happier not being a Dualist.

Vaishnaism would have been better if Vishnu didnt have a consort.

Last edited:
No Thanks..No plans to convert...I am happier not being a Dualist.

Vaishnaism would have been better if Vishnu didnt have a consort.

This is a subject which has been discussed several times in the religious philosophy circles.

I attended a lecture by one scholar from US in the Philosophy Dept. of Madras University. He was rather regretful of the fact that there is no female godhead in christianity. His name was ..... Clooney. I forgot the first name and am unable to retrieve it from my personal library because I am away from India now.

While Hindus have no problem accepting their Godhead in woman form the Abrahamic religions have problems with that.

Their philosophy excludes woman. God is a He and His messengers are all again Men only.

While in creation the share of women is exactly half why should that principle be denied in religion?

A chappaikkattu or excuse can be that God entity is indeterrminate. It can neither be a He or a She. But that is at another level.

Why can't you have a messenger who was a she? Why cant you have an exclusively benevolent she God?

Oh Monist please answer. Why should you say vaishnavam would have been better without Sri? Please elaborate.

Before that I recommend a reading of Chathusloki and a detailed commentry for that. That may help you understand the Sri concept in vaishnavam.

Last edited:
Perhaps it is Fr. Francis Clooney (Professor of Philosophy) at Harvard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Xavier_Clooney

Here is a review of his talk A Vaishnavite-Christian dialogue that
he gave in Madras University.
https://vaticanculturation.wordpres...-at-chennai-a-vaishnavite-christian-dialogue/
Here is a interview from Hindu from 2005 http://groups.creighton.edu/sjdialogue/documents/articles/clooney_frontline.html

Earlier I posted here https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=34809&p=371400#post371400 about an article written by him

http://www.harekrsna.de/artikel/islam.htm

This link gives a comparison between Vaishnavaism and Islam and even Qurban is equated to Vedic animal sacrifice and Ramanuja too compared with Prophets of Abrahamic religions.

So Vaagmi ji....I think you do not need to object !

Vaagmi ji...so I was never wrong.

Ya Habib!

There is no God but Vishnu and Ramanuja is His prophet.

Last edited:
This song is for Vaagmi ji...

[video=youtube_share;D5vsICvAA8U]https://youtu.be/D5vsICvAA8U[/video]

Munsaamy loves songs...

Munsaamy often times communicate with music....

( For the latecomers, Munsaamy has learned some English... Now he knows three languages well... Tamizh, Chennai Tamil and English..)

There was a time, I loved Krishna.. loved as in Love... I loved him as my consort... So, I had to assume female feelings... That is part of devotion to Krishna, anyway....

There are others who felt like that..... Like this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xelIzMHbkSI

Munsaamy loves songs...

Munsaamy often times communicate with music....

( For the latecomers, Munsaamy has learned some English... Now he knows three languages well... Tamizh, Chennai Tamil and English..)

There was a time, I loved Krishna.. loved as in Love... I loved him as my consort... So, I had to assume female feelings... That is part of devotion to Krishna, anyway....

There are others who felt like that..... Like this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xelIzMHbkSI

LOL!

So Munsaamy is like fluid..able to take on different gender to relate.

I am not able to understand anything. All thing going above my mind.What actually you are saying, Please write in simple sentence and that too in one or two sentences without elaborating much. I hope you understand my predicament to understand your language. May be you are genius but I am very ordinary. Please talk in very ordinary man's terms so that I will understand something from this conversation or the topic what is it about?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back