• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Introductions [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
anbe,

jump in. you are only the second poster, after me, to mention periyar in a favourable light in this forum.

i am quite sure that like your comment to swami sarma in another post, you will have very interesting viewpoints. welcome and hope to see you often.

Hello

namaskarams to everyone.

I am a new member joining in this forum. I am srikanth and i had done my school studies in pollachi and done my ug and pg in mku in madurai. After that i was working in bby for 5 years and after that i went to dubai for an overseas assignment and again back to chennai and after 4 years again i got a good opportunity in abudhabi where i am working since 2007.

By search engine, i got this forum and i wish everyone advance happy avani avittam 2009.

Thanks

s srikanth

திரு. அன்பே சிவம் அவர்களே, வணக்கம்.

வருக ! வருக ! :pray2:

Last edited by a moderator:
இந்தத் தளத்தில் நடக்கும் சுவையான உரையாடல்களை ஓரமாக நின்று கவனிக்க மட்டும் விரும்புகிறேன். என் ஐயங்களைத் தீர்த்துக்கொள்ள மட்டும் அவ்வப்போது வாய் திறக்கலாம் என்று இருக்கிறேன்.
அன்பே சிவம்.

Shri.Anbesivan, we have a serious problem with the onlookers.. One of our members correctly codified this attitude with a perfectly chosen vocab as 'Voyeurs'.. Im sure, you being a writer, you wont like to be one among..

I would request you to actively participate in the discussions. Thanks in advance.

varuga varuga anbeshivam avargalee.

'இந்தத் தளத்தில் நடக்கும் சுவையான உரையாடல்களை ஓரமாக நின்று கவனிக்க மட்டும் விரும்புகிறேன். என் ஐயங்களைத் தீர்த்துக்கொள்ள மட்டும் அவ்வப்போது வாய் திறக்கலாம் என்று இருக்கிறேன்'

ohramaaha nirkaamal periyavaa mudhal periyarvarai thangal padiththa nalla paadangalai engaludan pagirndhu kollungal.

hello

hello every body i find this wonderful to be consider as a member.i need some help for some tamil prayers.you are most welcome

Infighting amongst Brahmins the surest way to destroy Brahminism

I stumbled upon this site when I did a google search. What I searched for and how I enrolled will be the subject of a future thread. But I started reading some comments by one Vedanti and one Appaih and was amazed at the situation we Brahmins find ourselves in. Whilst most people consider the karunanidhis and jayalalithas, veeramanis, ramadosss, mayavathis and sonias of the society as our main enemys we find several Brahmins themselves working and speaking in such counter productive and arrogant ways.
Why would any Brahmin fight over which Mutt is the rightful mutt, Shringeri or Kanchi? Every Brahmin including several northindians worship the Kanchi Acharya.
even assuming the daft arguement that the Kanchi Acharya belonged to a formulation which wasnt originally founded by the Adishankaracharya, to be true, i am happy to worship the Kanchi acharya as my guru for the simple fact that the Kanchi Acharyas through the Kanchi Mutt have done ( and continue to do) Himalayan service to our cause.
what benefit we gain by such silly infighting and who are we even to abuse such holy men.
its a paradox that someone calling himself a vedanti can insult an institution like the Kanchi Mutt.
the need of the hour is for all mutts and all brahmins, all communities amongst hindus to come together.
mere mastery of vedas doesnt make one a vedanti.
the humility to learn from the smallest of the small, the love to carry all people along and above all the fact that we all are born with a reason and we all need to escape this vicious cycle of births and rebirths and finally reach Him is important.
lets not think we are belittling other Acharyas and end up actually belittling ourselves and our Gurus.
I personally want to say Mr. Apiah you seem to amaze me with your class and humility and your restraint. im in my mid thirties and i dont know if im old enough to wish you but we need people of such clarity and sense like you to make brahminism more vibrant.
a word to the moderators, such wonderful effort by putting a website to discuss issues pertaining to brahminism is a great effort. congrats to this wonderful effort of urs.

Hello everyone

I am working/studying in the US and I am a Power Systems Engineer. My interests are writing, taking long walks :p, making chai and listening to Md. Rafi songs. Would love to know like minded people. Also, I am in the process of learning my native tongue, Tamil, so if anyone can help me on that, I ll be glad. And, I forgot, I am a big fan of Illayaraja music.

Vivek Balasubramaniam

Namaskarama

Namaskaram,

I am studying/working in the US as a Power Systems Engineer. My grandparents are from Swamimalai and are Ved Pandits in Varanasi and I have roots there as I was born and brought up in UP and Bihar. I love writing, taking long walks, making chai :p and love listening to Md. Rafi and Illayaraja songs. I am also in the process of learning Tamil as I did not realize the beauty of this amazing language for so many years. I would say, I was a fool to be so ignorant. Nevertheless, I would like to convery my regards to everyone here. And would like to meet Power Engineers in this forum. Thanks

Vivek Balasubramaniam

welcome vivek.

i have deleted your namaskarama post, as it contained essentially the same as this post.

you can get all your responses here.

hope you participate, contribute and enjoy your sojourn here.

welcome message

:welcome: I have not posted any thread because I am a new customer to this site.More over I would like to praise anybody who is associated with this site for having giving the chance to comment and listen to the golden music. I will go through the sections of the site and then comment .

thank you one and all

jraju

i did not know that there is a site for tamil brahmins. it is wonderful. we can even start posting jathagams of tamil iyer bride/bridegrooms and help our community. all the best

Dear Sri Krishna Sir,
Infighting as reffered by you is not correct.There may be differences among opinions.Even Christianity which is so minority in India has many fractions like CSI,RC,Pentecoastal,seventh day and so on...
Their respective way of worship is different.There also infighting prevails.At the same time they maintain unity in one aspect....
That is conversion......Did you Notice one thing....They wont convert people among themselves. The always go in search of Converting only Hindus.They wonteven involve in Converting Muslims.If they did so all Churches in India will be blasted by Muslims.They say that they are doing service to the Poor and Down Troden People.If their only Aim is Service to Man kind,why dont they go and serve Pakistanis and Afganistanis?
Is there No Poor People in Pakistan and Afganistan?
So differences in Opinions are very common for all communities.Particularly in Majority Hindu Community.But this differences of Opinions must not give a way to split Hinduism.That is all.So nothing wrong in expressing every ones opinions.

Brahmin - want job

Sir,
I am Ranganathan aged 57 years. I have been running a business for the past 50 years and it was a family business. I had to close the business as the situations forced to do so. Now i have to take acre of my family, and till now i have not sent my wife for job anywhere, but as she had experience in teaching line in the sathya sai organisation, now she is working as Tamil teacher in a school for a megre salary and my daughter is yet to get married. She is also working as a computer teacher in a school. I am now in search of job. I can handle the daily accounts and manage the office in a proper way. I had also worked as manager in a temple in Mandaveli. If anyone can help me to get a job, i shall be grateful to them. I have not been used to the computers so pls help me. You can mail me at [email protected].:pray::help:
Thanks
Ranganathan

Welcome jraju and varadarajan :)

Glad you could join us. Look forward to your thoughts and suggestions in the future

Hello

Thanks for response.

I am not living in the typical tamil localities (Chembur, Matunga etc.). I am in the western suburbs which is dominated by Maharashtrians and Gujaratis. So, I cannot claim to know details of living style of tamil brahmins in Mumbai. However, I do have colleagues / friends in Mumbai who are Tamil brahmins. Based on my observations I would like to say:

Pace of life in Mumbai is hectic. Not that Mumbaikars do something great in life, it is just that an average mumbaikar spends about 2-3 hours in travel from office to home and back. Add another 9-10 hours at office and you can work out why the average Mumbaikar is perennially short of free time.

Despite this we do try to keep up with our traditions. For instance, today is avani avittam for some of us. I got up a little earlier and have done my sacred thread changing at home using books for guidance. Having completed the rituals, I have rushed to office. So, we try to balance tradition with demands of modern times.

By the way, I am interested in use of slokas, mantras etc. for improving quality of life (moving to higher vibration frequencies and such other things). If the forum can provide some guidance, I would be glad.

reg.

Dear Shri Renganathan ji,
Namaste.If youre interestred in Shifting your family to Bangalore,I am ready to show a secured employment to you,your wife and your daughter in a VVIP family in Bangalore.I can arrange employment with reasonable salary and security along with free house at bangalore.
Do you know Hindi? or your wife or daughter knows Hindi?
What ever it is please let me know your disposal to my Pvt Mobile 98421-11592.My email is : [email protected].
My name is T.S.Sankara Narayanan.

service

Dear All,
Athma Namasthe. I my self introduce, a new member in this page wishing this mission to spread globally with great success to develop our unity with strong manner.
namasthe,
chandrasekaran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back