• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

marriage in same gothra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the following elsewhere , and found that this has got some relevance to the topic originated in this thread.

quote"
Dear Learned friends,

SA GO THA RA IN TAMIL MEANS BROTHER.

SA GO THA RI MEANS SISTER.

This explains.

krishnan UNQUOTE posted in Iyer123 message 14235groups.yahoo.com/group/Iyer123/message/14235

LINK :Yahoo! Groups

Emergence of new threat to Hinduism : Sagotra marriages From: Chand K Sharma

Quote Emergence of new threat to Hinduism

The recent judgment of Delhi High Court regarding Sagotra marriage is a blow to the very fiber of Hindu society. It will finally lead to marriages between brothers and sisters. ................Unquote

[email protected]

----------------------------------------------

Everything matters as per one's perception,I feel.

Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised to read the comments of USBrahminyahoo group.If you read the recent judgment, you will not make such statement. Hon'ble Judges have pointed out that there is no vedic text or sastra which explicitly define that same gothra means they are brothers and sisters. This is a very correct observation. More over It has become a practice to drag veda and sastras freely without any basis for all such things

Last edited:
ramjee,

this thread reminds me of proverbial nero fiddling while rome burnt.

sir, there is a shortage of tB brides. those who are lucky to find one, i think, should quickly accept the lass, and welcome her to the family.

such talk of saha gothram, in this season of shortages, is a luxury, no one of us can afford, i think.

actually from a reliable source i found that,there is enuff tb girls,but shun marrying tb boys owing ammanji views of life and practices.saha gothram amrriage is like marrying your cousin.already cousins marry in tb familys,so i guess its safe now to marry saha gothram,even though scriptures prohibhit it.

I entirely in agreement with you.I would also request one and all to make the marriage ceremony less cumbersome . In recent times mid aged parents of the bride &groom want to show their sastric knowledge by introducing so many customs which are not found in any scripture and also make the marriage more expensive by spending in decoration,in expensive menus etc.

I entirely in agreement with you.I would also request one and all to make the marriage ceremony less cumbersome . In recent times mid aged parents of the bride &groom want to show their sastric knowledge by introducing so many customs which are not found in any scripture and also make the marriage more expensive by spending in decoration,in expensive menus etc.

marriage is, building a relationship and it fosters community development in a integrated approach.if ppl can afford,they spend as they wish,but it becomes a stress and strain,when it becomes as terms and conditions,for the marriage itself.when i analysed,parents work very hard and earn,and blow a ton of cash within 36 hrs.if only,they invest the cash on the girl/boy as fixed deposit with compound interest accruing,at least in future some security in their life is guranteed.but hey,we love showing off and pomp...which is a silly thing.simple marriage amongst bride and bridegroom families and friends is an idealic situation today.hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back