• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

MAJORITY Vs. MINORITY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I acknowledge your kind words sb... friends are those who make the world a peaceful place to live in....;)... it is good that at least we become friends in a virtual forum...

Regards

I acknowledge your kind words sb... friends are those who make the world a peaceful place to live in....;)... it is good that at least we become friends in a virtual forum...

Regards
hi all
this is the forum to understand and respect each other's view...its okay..
every individual is created by god uniquely......try to understand....
be calm....dont do any harsh arguements here........sometime im
just a srotha here.......not vaktha......we have to listen other's view...
mounena kalaho nasthi.....everybody here highly educated knowledgeble
.....so vidhya dadathi vinayam.......knowledge gives humbleness.......
like fully riped mangoes bow down to earth........

regards
tbs

Wrongly posted threads-redirected by me

Seshadri:

01-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Acknowledging a fact does not demean another...

It is this pious and humble nature that has been exploited by invaders...

Yes, there could be direct descendents of christians or moslems... but 95% of the converted populace may have a hindu ancestry.

I do not belittle them... for the circumstances could have been such that it warranted the conversion? But the very same converts now vehemently strike back at us... openly and covertly... this attitude is totally unwarranted... maybe if they realize their roots and reality, we could co-exist...

We should acknowledge others - but with certain qualifications, as considered appropriate. If one were to generalize philosophically that we should acknowledge everybody without restrictions, then no country need national boundaries... in theory this may sound good, but it is impossible in practice...

Happyhindu:

01-30-2009, 09:38 PM
True most conversions back then were by force. A good many muslims being rabidly aggresive in promoting their religion in the past does not mean all muslims are like that now. How many of us are even thinking of religion generally when we interact with ppl on a daily basis..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seshadri Subramaniam View Post
Yes, there could be direct descendents of christians or moslems... but 95% of the converted populace may have a hindu ancestry.close quote.

Seshji,

There are all kinds of studies. Some studies are showing that southie-muslims are more similar to northie-brahmins than southie-brahmins. We dunno percentage reg above..

Seshadri:

01-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Quote:
How many of us are even thinking of religion generally when we interact with ppl on a daily basis..

Believe it or not, it is in the minds of the majority of religion-abiding people... may not be ostentious for materialistic reasons...

Quote:
There are all kinds of studies. Some studies are showing that southie-muslims are more similar to northie-brahmins than southie-brahmins. We dunno percentage reg above..close quote

I was just generalizing... not all the torture and guile used for conversion is recorded... so, we cannot go by records on this...

01-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I posted my two replies above in the wrong thread!!! They have to be read with the thread - Majority vs Minority...

sorry for the confusion...

ahh feeling much better.Everything in its place and a place for everything...:ranger:

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back