• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Maintaining our sastras while being a high player

It all depends on your definition of traditions.

If tradition is Satyam Vada..Dharmam Cara..then 24/7 one is already practicing it if
one adheres to it.

If one is talking about the ritualistic part of traditions which follow prayers to a certain time...then stop your work midway if it isnt urgent and perform your religious duties.

India should have a room in each office for prayers like how muslim countries have for those working to pray.

Even highways have rest stops for performing prayer for muslims.

So if one wants to follow tradition in both outer aspect and inner aspect then make time for it.

Think of it as a " date" with God and dont keep Him waiting for you to be free.

God is the most unwelcomed guest in a Hindus life cos a Hindu only prays when he/she gets the time and God is always kept waiting.

Its not about being professional..anyone can work 12 hrs or more..but anyone can stop to pray too.

Not every boss is as great as APJ, but since he is universally respected and often sought to be emulated, one can try sharing this link with the boss :)

Its not about being a boss..its just having facilities to practice ones faith.

In Msia..all employers allow Muslim staff to take a break for prayers..they take turns to go.

But becos in Hinduism its not " mandatory" to pray and no actual " sin" attached to non adherence so no laws for a Hindu to have a prayer time break.

But lets get real...in India people get day off for a Rajinikanth movie..dont tell me one cant request for prayer break?

In Msia..all employers allow Muslim staff to take a break for prayers..they take turns to go.

But becos in Hinduism its not " mandatory" to pray and no actual " sin" attached to non adherence so no laws for a Hindu to have a prayer time break.

But lets get real...in India people get day off for a Rajinikanth movie..dont tell me one cant request for prayer break?
A Hindu prays when he wants to pray. He prays in a temple, in front of the Vinayak murthy resting in the shadow of a pupil tree on the banks of a river or before a picture hanging on the wall.
A muslim or a Christian prays as ordained in his religious scriptures.

There is a lot of difference.

Hindu religion is a highly personalised religion giving a lot of importance to the individual concerned.

The Abrahamic religions -because of the violent history as the background from which they were born-gives a lot of importance to organized religion. The religion is, besides being used for spiritual well being, used
also for organizing people and rallying them to come under a flag to fight and destroy enemies.

So Hindus will have no use for such separate halls in the work place for prayer. They are simply not made that way.

A Hindu prays when he wants to pray. He prays in a temple, in front of the Vinayak murthy resting in the shadow of a pupil tree on the banks of a river or before a picture hanging on the wall.
A muslim or a Christian prays as ordained in his religious scriptures.

There is a lot of difference.

Hindu religion is a highly personalised religion giving a lot of importance to the individual concerned.

The Abrahamic religions -because of the violent history as the background from which they were born-gives a lot of importance to organized religion. The religion is, besides being used for spiritual well being, used
also for organizing people and rallying them to come under a flag to fight and destroy enemies.

So Hindus will have no use for such separate halls in the work place for prayer. They are simply not made that way.

This " freedom" in a Hindu prayer is the exact cause for inaction.

Cos one feels they can connect with God 24/7 in any place..any where but keeps on procrastinating and ends up doing nothing.

In that case..can one do Sandhyavandanam in a bus?

Get real !
Orthodox Hindus even lose their caste in sea travel but Abrahamics used sea travel to spread their religion too.

Take a look at this video ..none of them lost their faith by sea travel..happily singing the Qaseedah Burdah.

I am not finding fault with Hinduism but at times denying that Hinduism is an organized belief does more harm than good.

Hinduism IS an ORGANIZED belief / seeking system.
Its not a chaotic do wtf you want sort of belief system or seeking system.

Those who do wtf they want are simply not being disciplined enough.

Inaction can feel very much like Freedom.

Watch the video.

You are spot on...There is an inherent hypocrisy amongst Hindus..... they are allowed to take many tea breaks but if one requests for a prayer break, one might be seen as weird or unprofessional :)

That's why I thought it a wonderful gesture from Dr.Kalam to Prof. Vidyasagar, in the reminiscence quoted above..

In that case..can one do Sandhyavandanam in a bus?

As a matter of fact, I have done SV many times in a moving train, including offering the Arghyam from near the door...but I won't advise it to all!
I agree with your point. It is always advised to do SV in the banks of a river or some other quiet place so a prayer hall will help. It will have its limitations, but at least it gives respect to the idea of "prayer break".

Latest ads

Back