• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"Life is like that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! A three-in-one man!

Thank you friend, fan and well wisher for your good wishes and greetings!

:pray2: May God bless you and your dear ones too! :yo:

Two men were drooling over the poster of a voluptuous actress.

"What will be left if we take away her curves and her lips? " asked the first man.

"My wife" replied the second man!
:frusty:

"If she has these curves why will she be your wife?" asked the first man.

moral of the story...
:drum:

Never find fault with your wife.
:nono:

But for those she wouldn't have ended up

being your wife!
:mmph:

A man is not rally happy,
until he has found a friend. :)

A man is never really sure of his friend,
until he becomes unhappy. :(
We read the first line as : A man is not "really happy".....(over drive!!)

What a coincidence! One of my posts today has these lines:

தீராத் துன்பமே, ஆராயாமல் ஒருவரைத் தேர்வு செய்வது;
தீராத் துன்பமே, ஆராய்ந்து எடுத்தவரைச் சந்தேகப்படுவது!

'தேரான் தெளிவும் தெளிந்தான்கண் ஐயுறவும்
தீரா இடும்பை தரும்', என்கின்றார் வள்ளுவர்.

Howzzzzat? :thumb:

"Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice" (Miguel de Cervantes)
Comments: ".....in Kerala, the state in South India from which I come, along the roadside there are stone parapets the height of a person’s head. When people need to rest from carrying heavy loads of rice or fruit on their heads, they stand next to the parapet and shift their load onto it.
The Lord of Love who dwells in the hearts of all is the perennial parapet, standing at exactly the right height for each one of us. For those who are very selfish, he stands very tall to support an awesome load; for those who are average in selfishness, he stands about six feet high; and for the selfless, the parapet can hardly be seen because the burden is so light that almost no support is needed. Through the practice of meditation, we can gradually learn to shift our load into the Lord’s mighty arms.
We like to think that we make big decisions and carry terrible responsibilities on our shoulders. Our shoulders are bent, our back gives us problems, and we are too tired to stand on our feet because of the mighty weight we try to bear. Few of us realize there is somebody standing with arms outstretched, just waiting to carry our burdens....."

கார்பண்ய தோ3ஷோபஹதஸ்வபா4வ :
ப்ருச்சா2மி த்வாம் த4ர்ம ஸம்மூட4சேதா : |
யச்ரேய: ச்'யான் நிச்'சிதம் ப்3ரூஹி தன்மே
சிஷ்யச்'தோsஹம் சா'தி4 மாம் த்வாம் ப்ரபன்னம் ||

(பகவத் கீதை. அத்யாயம் 2 ஸ்லோகம் 7 )

"கோழைத்தனத்தினால் சீரழிந்த ஸ்வபாவம் கொண்டவனும்,
தர்ம விஷயங்களில் குழம்பிய மனதினை உடையவனும் ஆகிய நான் உங்களிடமிருந்து கேட்டுக் கொள்ளுவது இதுவே!
எது எனக்கு நன்மை பயக்குமோ அதை எனக்குத் தவறாமல் கூறுங்கள். கிருஷ்ணா! நான் உங்கள் சீடன். சரணம் அடைந்தவர்களைக் காப்பது உங்கள் கடமை."

This is one of the best slokas in Bhagavat Gita.

God is there ever ready to guide us and help us.Only we keep Him at bay- never allowing Him to come closer. Also we have no plans of going nearer to Him either! :bolt:

There are similar prayers in other religions also.The song "Lead kindly light" is based on the same lines. :hail:

Ask and it shall be given to you. Knock and the door will be opened to you!

If only we try sincerely...:pray:

நம்பிக்கை நட்சத்திரங்கள்!

பல வித இனிப்புக்களில் சிலவற்றையே விரும்புவதால்,
பல வித தெய்வங்களை மனிதன் உருவாக்கினானோ?

படைக்கும் தொழிலை பிரமன் செய்தாலும், அவனைப்
படைக்கும் பணியைச் செய்தது, மனிதனே அல்லவா?

படைத்தல், காத்தல், அழித்தல் என்ற தொழில்களுக்கு,
படைத்தான் வேறுபாடுகளுள்ள மூன்று தெய்வங்களை.

ஒவ்வொரு தெய்வத்தின் தொழிலையும், குணத்தையும்,
வெவ்வேறு வகையில் மனிதனே பட்டியலும் இட்டான்!

தொழிலாகப் படைப்பைக் கொண்ட அந்த பிரமனை, ஒரு
தொழிலதிபருக்கு ஒப்பிடுவது என ஆரம்பித்துவிட்டால்,

சூழ்ச்சிகள் பல செய்து, பாண்டவருக்கு வெற்றி அளித்த,
சூத்திரதாரி மாயக் கண்ணனை, யாருடன் ஒப்பிடுவீர்கள்?

உடலெங்கும் நீறு பூசி, தாண்டவம் ஆடுகின்ற பாதனாம்,
உடலில் பாதியை உமைக்களித்த சிவன், என்ன ஆவார்?

இறை வடிவங்கள், நாம் சரணாகதி அடைந்தால், நல்ல
நிறைவான வாழ்வு தரும், நம்பிக்கை நட்சத்திரங்கள்!

'நம்பினார் கெடுவதில்லை', எனத் திண்ணமாக எண்ணி,
நம்புகிறான் மனிதன், தன்னுடைய இஷ்ட தெய்வத்தை!

வேண்டி வணங்கி அவர்களைத் தொழுதல், மிக நலமே!
சீண்டிப் பார்த்தால், பலருக்கு வரும், கொஞ்சம் கோபமே!

அன்புடன்,
ராஜி ராம் .............. :blah: (refer post #94)

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]Part # 3. Man and God.

Vishnu and Lakshmi Devi.
[/FONT]

Vishnu never grows old nor sports flowing beards like Brahma or a crisp mustache like Siva, as depicted in some classical paintings! He is the perpetual teenager-the 'Peter Pan' among Gods.

He has the richest wife in the world. So He can lead the life of the Ideal and Idle Rich, fondly labeled as Sukha Jeevanam, in colloquial terms.

He rests and relaxes on His first-ever-Dunlap-bed put to use. He watches the drama unfolding in the world in front of Him, in very much the same way the modern millionaire watches a T.V.Show.

He dresses in excellent silk, adorns Himself with all kinds of ornaments, and is taken care of by His doting wife Lakshmi Devi. He takes Her on His divine Vaahana the swift Garuda along with Him.

The real life style of a multi millionaire, not subjected to cut-throat-competitions by his rivals.

Lakshmi Devi.

The prettiest and the richest girl in the creation!
In our world does anyone question the academic excellence of an exceedingly rich girl? It is at best an additional bonus.

She lives in Her husband's chest, is never separated from Him. She plays a game of dice with Her Lord and they have the privacy of a Heaven guarded by a seven layered protection.

Both the Gods are given Saatvic temperament and they have no reason to feel unhappy or upset or angry.

Last edited:
Part # 4. Man and God.

Siva and Parvathy Devi.

Siva is fondly called as 'Bolenath'! He is truly 'bolaa-baalaa' to the core! He is the fairest, the strongest and the most masculine God.

But He lives in a Smasaana. He coats His body with ash, wears the skin of a tiger and an elephant hide. His unique ornaments are the deadly cobras. His retinue consists of the scariest Siva Ganaas.

He volunteers to tackle the difficulties as and when they arise. He drinks the 'Haalaahalam' which emerges during the churning of the milk ocean.He takes the full force of the descent of Aakaash Ganga from the Heaven to the Earth, in the coils of his matted hair.

He has Ganga dancing on His head. Half of his body is given to his consort Parvathy Devi. He has given Her His left side!

"Idam Koduththal madm pidippaargale!"

So He becomes the throne on which Raja Rajeswari Devi sits and rules the world. He becomes a common messenger on Her command.

A typical modern husband of a very powerful and independent wife.

Parvathi Devi.

She has immense power. That makes Her supreme to everyone else. Goddesses Saraswathi Devi and Lakshmi Devi adore her and praise her.

We see the people in power being praised day in and day out, by the rich people as well as by the intelligent persons.(Tamil Nadu knows this truth better than any other country or state in the
world).

She has a mind of Her own and makes Her own decisions. Daksha could not stop Daakshaayani from marrying Siva. Siva could not stop her from visiting the Daksha Yaagam-uninvited!

This causes the unnecessary friction between the two important men in her life viz Her father and Her husband. The result...Her Husband gets humiliated and her father gets destroyed! In addition to the immense power She wields, She as well as Siva are given a Taamasic temperament.

Last edited:
Part # 1. Man and God.

(Repeated for the sake of those who missed this post

Every creature including man imagines God in his own form but with a

few extra heads / hands / stings! God is endowed with extra Power and

Infinite Knowledge.

Thankfully He always has only two legs to enable his devotees to hold

on to them tightly.

This has set me thinking about how in addition to imagining GOD in his

own form, man has unknowingly transferred various human attributes,

life style, moods etc to God. Given in one day it may be too much to

relish. We will see them one after another in a relaxed manner. You

must trust me when I cross my heart and swear that these are aimed

more at the working of the human mind than on the Gods themselves.

See you tomorrow with more of these! :hail:

Last edited:
Part # 5. Man and God.

Conclusion:

We can't stop wondering how much of human psychology goes into the philosophy of the Gods.

It is not man who is created in the image of God. It is the other way round!

There is only ONE God! God is The Collective Intelligence, The collective Presence and The Collective Power of the entire creation.

God is neither a 'He', nor a 'She' nor an 'It'!

God is devoid of any Gunas or any Roopam.

But this concept of Nirguna-Niraakara Brahman is too difficult for a lay man to be able to understand and grasp.

So Gods are also divide in two two sexes..the Male Gods and the Female Gods.

They are also allocated the three Gunas...Raajasic, Thaamasic and Saatvic.

All these have been done with the sole aim of making the concept of God understandable to ordinary people.

They have really done a superb job no doubt, by endowing all the human traits, to the Gods.

Sarvam Krishnaarpanamasthu! :pray:

Om Namo Bagavathe Vaasudevaaya! :hail:

Om Nama: S'ivaaya! :hail:

Om Tat Sat :pray2:

Last edited:
Part # 6. Man and God.

All roads led to Rome in the ancient world.

All religions lead to God at all times. Yet...

There are constant disputes as to which God is superior?

Which God is more powerful!

There are religious conversions taking place with a knife put to the throat of one who dares to resist.

Stories of one God fighting another God and one Goddess fighting another Goddess abound.

Why would Good fight another Good? Good will fight with the evil and destroy it.

Once I was told a story with all the picturesque actions and sound effects as to how Mariamman quarreled with Bhagavathi Amman, in the attic of the person relating the story.:fencing:

I could not conceal a fleeting smile (unfortunately I have an expressive face too). The person who was relating the story got wild.

Since she was the venerable octogenarian of the family, I just let it go! :eek:hwell:

To this day people flare up and fight in the names of the Gods- instead of trying to understand what God wants us to do! :confused:

Apparently "Not even God can save us!" :(

Last edited:
Make yourself indispensable...
you will move up! :thumb:

Behave as if you were indispensable...
You will move put! :bolt:

There is always a danger,
for those who are afraid of it. :fear:

மறவாது தருவாய் இறைவா! :pray:

தந்தாய் ஞானம் அன்று!
தருவாய் இன்னும் ஒன்று!

எதையும் தாங்கும் ஒரு
இதயம் தருவாய் இறைவா!

தோன்றி மறையும் ஞானம்
தோன்றுவதால்
என்ன பயன்?

மங்கும் ஞானம் வேண்டாம்.
தங்கும் ஞானம் அருள்வாய்!
:pray:

Last edited:
Hanuman could tear open His heart to reveal

Sita and Rama residing in His heart.

I am not a Hanuman to be able to perform this feat.

I am only His devotee worshiping His lotus feet!

And I strongly believe that anything that has to be proved

so dramatically by me, cannot be worth much any way!

Everyday we meet people who talk too much, who are selfish, egotistical, and ungrateful. But we should not be surprised because we can't imagine a world without them!

It will be a real problem for those lucky people

who need more than their ten fingers

and ten toes to count their blessings!
:decision:

So it won't be a problem for me, see!
:sad:

Looks like I can handle my enemies(?) myself.

But I need God's help to deal with my friends(!) :pray:

Ever heard of these words,

"With friends like these who needs enemies?" :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back