• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Laws restricting the freedom of expression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. PJ,

My thoughts on this issue:

Why this intolerance? Do you believe Hinduism is going to be in any way affected by such posts of people who do not believe in it?

I am for a totally free forum in which critical views should be encouraged. That will give us an opportunity to discuss and learn more. Only a cry baby will go and complain to the moderator and ask for the banning of a poochandi member.

Let all those who do not believe in Hindu way of life come here and criticise. I will answer every question of them. Whether they accept it or not is not going to bother me.

Only hitting below the belt should be strictly avoided and that would include only, personal name calling, abusive language, mocking at icons(like acharyas) of Hindus etc.,

I fully support the opinion of Vaagmi Ji.

He is the terminator here..fear not!

renukaji

you know very well about my intention , why i raised OP ? You yourself have mentioned that there are members who post insults against Lord Krishna, ( by mail )

Did you read my thread about Karna, and if you did, please edit your reply in POST no 17.

Dear PJ sir,

I dont remember sending you any email about Lord Krishna..and even if I did.. why do you want to discuss private emails in an open forum?I usually express my opinions openly in Forum.

If you see the archives long long ago I too had argued with a member here when that member said something bad about Lord Krishna.

But I never asked any law to be enforced to stop anyone from saying anything..if I did not like or agree with what they said I would reply their post and state my reasons why I disagreed.

In the past when some members had nothing much to reply me than they get personal and start dragging Sathya Sai Baba in the picture knowing that I maintain the Sai thread.I also got the Sai thread shifted to a different section in Forum becos some were attacking it.

I have seen all sorts of stunts and tricks and as got used to it and finally what others say actually cant change my stance and I dont expect others to think like me too.I just learnt to adjust to different views and I am glad I learnt this adaptation in Forum.It improved my strength.

You know PJ sir..at times its some negative posts that makes me read up more to find out.

So we can have a Vadam and Prativadam of any kind without a personal attack and also without sharing email contents.

Last edited:
Dear Mr. PJ,

Only hitting below the belt should be strictly avoided and that would include only, personal name calling, abusive language, mocking at icons(like acharyas) of Hindus etc.,

Vaagmi Ji,

The law protects the feelings of Members who have faith in any particular religion. But few conveniently forget this and go on to write that it is foolish belief, etc etc.and this is the most sought after strategy by them.

Dear PJ sir,

I dont remember sending you any email about Lord Krishna..and even if I did.. why do you want to discuss private emails in an open forum?I usually express my opinions openly in Forum.

If you see the archives long long ago I too had argued with a member here when that member said something bad about Lord Krishna.

But I never asked any law to be enforced to stop anyone from saying anything..if I did not like or agree with what they said I would reply their post and state my reasons why I disagreed.

In the past when some members had nothing much to reply me than they get personal and start dragging Sathya Sai Baba in the picture knowing that I maintain the Sai thread.I also got the Sai thread shifted to a different section in Forum becos some were attacking it.

I have seen all sorts of stunts and tricks and as got used to it and finally what others say actually cant change my stance and I dont expect others to think like me too.I just learnt to adjust to different views and I am glad I learnt this adaptation in Forum.It improved my strength.

You know PJ sir..at times its some negative posts that makes me read up more to find out.

So we can have a Vadam and Prativadam of any kind without a personal attack and also without sharing email contents.

renukaji

If you had read my thread about Karna, you would not raised your post no 17; I am sure , you read a part of a thread or the last line of a thread and start posting questions and expect answers!!
I had to bring Sri Krishna matter, because you were treating this OP as a fun and mocking the threads ( your tone of replies )

I have never read anywhere that Karna is worshiped as a Deity; if you have, please give me the link, and also let me know the details.

(You just post anything without any supporting link )

I am sorry i had to bring to to your attention that my OP is not about Asuras or Karna, it is about our Great Epics and Purans, our Hindu way of life, our Gods like Sri Krishna, Sri Vishnu, Sri Parameswara and many more.

You may be tolerating few members posting insulting threads about caste, particularly about Brahmins, and Gods, but i am not going to.

It is time they are stopped before they think to write because, this Forum is viewed by many non members also from outside.

Last edited:
Only hitting below the belt should be strictly avoided and that would include only, personal name calling, abusive language, mocking at icons(like acharyas) of Hindus etc.

duryodana types deserve below the belt hit; such types vomit venom, and when paid back in the same tone, cry freedom of speech, indian constitution, laws of the land etc. I believe in defensive attacks, I don't complain to the moderator, and respect moderator's stand and decision.

renukaji

If you had read my thread about Karna, you would not raised your post no 17; I am sure , you read a part of a thread or the last line of a thread and start posting questions and expect answers!!
I had to bring Sri Krishna matter, because you were treating this OP as a fun and mocking the threads ( your tone of replies )

I have never read anywhere that Karna is worshiped as a Deity; if you have, please give me the link, and also let me know the details.

(You just post anything without any supporting link )

I am sorry i had to bring to to your attention that my OP is not about Asuras or Karna, it is about our Great Epics and Purans, our Hindu way of life, our Gods like Sri Krishna, Sri Vishnu, Sri Parameswara and many more.

You may be tolerating few members posting insulting threads about caste, particularly about Brahmins, and Gods, but i am not going to.

It is time they are stopped before they think to write because, this Forum is viewed by many non members also from outside.

Dear PJ sir,

Is worship needed to confer respect?

Lord Brahma is not formally worshiped by Indian Hindus but that does not mean He is not respected.

Same with Karna..do I have to worship him and deify him in order to respect him? The name Karan is an ever popular name in India.

Just for information...

Karna Temple

Karna Temple is located in Deora Village in Uttarkashi District. The temple is dedicated to Karna, elder brother of Pandavas and one of main characters of the Mahabharat. It is a rectangular wooden temple. A wooden umbrella with brass finial is topped on its pent roof. The temple's wooden beams and columns are decorated with carvings and the doors
are decorated with metal plates. The doors depict birds, animals, reptiles and scenes from the Ramayana. Six miniature temples, located in the compound, are dedicated to Karna and the five Pandavas. There is also aShivling in the compound.

Last edited:
Dear PJ sir,

The reason I brought in Karna is valid..becos the thread you started is about members writing unflattering remarks of God/Religion/Devatas/Hinduism etc.

So when Karna is a son of Surya Bhagavan and a demi god himself how come its ok for some members to say that Karna is bad and the same member feels bad when Krishna or any other form of divinity is targeted.

I hope you get what I mean.

renukaji

Still your reply AS USUAL is not complete!!

Did you read my thread about Karna? if you did, where i have criticized him in that post ?

How many followers are there for Karna Deity of Uttrakasi ? so you compare him with Lord Krishna, Sri Visnu, Sri Parameswara ?

duryodana types deserve below the belt hit; such types vomit venom, and when paid back in the same tone, cry freedom of speech, indian constitution, laws of the land etc. I believe in defensive attacks, I don't complain to the moderator, and respect moderator's stand and decision.

Duryodhana or Yudhisthira types it does not matter who has nausea or vomiting.

Whatever said it done regurgitate is regurgitate but some feel their regurgitate is holy enough to be consumed by Tittiris!LOL

renukaji

How many followers are there for Karna Deity of Uttrakasi ? so you compare him with Lord Krishna, Sri Visnu, Sri Parameswara ?

Dear PJ sir,

Why do you divide God into Krishna,Vishnu and Parameshwara?

After all everything is Brahman..including Karna.

BTW sir..when some of us started praising Karna you pasted all the puranic posts about Karna which was not very flattering.

BTW the greatness of a devata is not known from the number of his followers.

Last edited:
Dear PJ sir,

The reason I brought in Karna is valid..becos the thread you started is about members writing unflattering remarks of God/Religion/Devatas/Hinduism etc.

So when Karna is a son of Surya Bhagavan and a demi god himself how come its ok for some members to say that Karna is bad and the same member feels bad when Krishna or any other form of divinity is targeted.

I hope you get what I mean.

renukaji

Is this a valid argument to compare Karna with other Gods ?

So Karna is Demi God as per your argument, and no one should analyze his character as shown in Mahabarata???!!!

BTW sir..when some of us started praising Karna you pasted all the puranic posts about Karna which was not very flattering.

Now you are going astray.

Also to add..Ravan is often described not so kindly..that too should stop becos he is a Shiva Bhakta and some Shiva Bhaktas might feel offended that a true devotee of Shiva is not respected.

So that way no one can say anything about anyone or anything and Forum will be totally silent.

Now you are going astray.

I am right here at home.

PJ sir you are being unfair..you asked me if there is a Karna temple and I was 100% sure there is surely one and when produced evidence you are asking how many devotees he has.

So if he has a temple that means he is a Devata.So now my question "Is Karna good or bad in your opinion?"

Would like to hear your answer.

Dear PJ sir,

OK Ok Ok Karna is also a Brahman!!!!

Satisfied ?

This is nothing to do with OP as far as i am concerned.

If you read my OP one time more, you will understand the purpose of it.

This is my request.

Vaagmi Ji,

The law protects the feelings of Members who have faith in any particular religion. But few conveniently forget this and go on to write that it is foolish belief, etc etc.and this is the most sought after strategy by them.

Dear Mr. VB,

I have studied Behavioral Science. If a person in his Rebellious child Ego state throws egg on me and shows the middle finger, I do not go to the disciplining parent ego state and punish the child or shoot him down. I stay put in my adult ego state by working hard on myself, and I try to bring up the other person to the same state so that a transaction can really take place. Otherwise the transaction will be crossed and will be ineffective and will be just so much of decibels and heat. If I do not succeed in my efforts I leave him in his child ego state and move on as I have better things to do. I have a lot more to learn and can spend the time usefully in that.

Folks - young and old, I was appalled at the outburst of personal invectives thrown at Shri sangom in the thread about karma, which I got to read only now. And then, this thread; in that backdrop.

PJ sir, this thread has actually extremist undertones, and laws are being brought in, out of context. Everyone is free to air their views in this website , which , incidentally, should you be unaware of, is open to all view; even the diverging ones. People should exercise restraint in choosing threads if they are emotionally unstable. After all, we are responsible adults?

There was a heated discussion, sometime before, on whether or not to start a new section for controversial views and discussions, and Praveen solicited the views of members. Ultimately it was decided to let things be. Please don't beat up dust into others' eyes simply because you stand at one end of a perceived spectrum.

Please think over.

Regards,

renukaji

Is this a valid argument to compare Karna with other Gods ?

So Karna is Demi God as per your argument, and no one should analyze his character as shown in Mahabarata???!!!

Dear PJ sir,

I am not saying do not analyze but if you want to analyze his character based on Mahabharat then you have to be open minded enough for others to analyze other characters in the Mahabharat.

If it remains an analysis then one should not get affected in anyway.

OK Ok Ok Karna is also a Brahman!!!!

Satisfied ?

I am not satisfied PJ sir..cos now you have described Brahman!..something which even Adi Shankara did not do.

Ok PJ sir..I will back off for yoursake.

But please dont make Forum like some Jihad website.

That is my request.

Folks - young and old, I was appalled at the outburst of personal invectives thrown at Shri sangom in the thread about karma, which I got to read only now. And then, this thread; in that backdrop.

PJ sir, this thread has actually extremist undertones, and laws are being brought in, out of context. Everyone is free to air their views in this website , which , incidentally, should you be unaware of, is open to all view; even the diverging ones. People should exercise restraint in choosing threads if they are emotionally unstable. After all, we are responsible adults?

There was a heated discussion, sometime before, on whether or not to start a new section for controversial views and discussions, and Praveen solicited the views of members. Ultimately it was decided to let things be. Please don't beat up dust into others' eyes simply because you stand at one end of a perceived spectrum.

Please think over.

Regards,

Namaste,

There is no need to quieten PJ sir. He is fair enough.

And there is nothing wrong with what was said against Shri. Sangom in the Karna thread. Afterall, he apologized for what he stated there in the end himself, which shows who is right and who is not.

PJ ji, I have learnt a "new phrase" after joining this forum - that is "apsara in the making". maybe there are lots of "apsaras in the making" here!! LOL.

PJ ji, I have learnt a "new phrase" after joining this forum - that is "apsara in the making". maybe there are lots of "apsaras in the making" here!! LOL.

So heaven better be ready for PARTY TIME!LOL

If I do not succeed in my efforts I leave him in his child ego state and move on as I have better things to do.

Dear Vaagmi ji,

Grave mistake..Jaya and Vijaya thought that the Sanat Kumars were mere children and the rest is history.

Namaste,

There is no need to quieten PJ sir. He is fair enough.

And there is nothing wrong with what was said against Shri. Sangom in the Karna thread. Afterall, he apologized for what he stated there in the end himself, which shows who is right and who is not.

Namaste, quieting Shri pj was not my intention;I was merely pointing out a line of reasoning.

Shri Sangom did not apologize for his views but for the oversight that made him post it under the sub section "religion". Pl ask the moderator to move that thread to general discussions where it rightly belongs, imo.

The thread is now closed.

My thoughts on this laws:-

the law is quite biased in the explanation and implementation. The site does not promote anything against any religion, community or individuals.
The site allows members to engage in a discussion on the plus/minus (merits/demerits) of things.
At no point the site encourages people to go against any religion.

A mere discussion does not constritute hate speech. If that is the case, then all the TV channels, people outside tea shops etc.. have to be arrested because they discuss this on a daily basis.
Instead of doing in a tea shop, our members do it online through this website.

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back