• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Lagnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please enlighten us about a horoscope issue. My brother's son was born 1st October 1987, Thursday, 1855 hrs at Thanjavur. Nakshatram is Uthradam (1st padham) and the Rasi is Dhanush. Now, we would like to know his birth LAGNAM. Some astrologers say it is Meena Lagnam and some say it is Mesha Lagnam. As we are now looking for a bride for him, this issue has become a bit sticky. Can our Forum members please let us know what Lagnam we should use. I will go along with the advice.

Thanks and Regards

apsarathy

There is a site astropundit.com where you can get a number of detailed charts given the place of birth and time of birth. It will give the lagna details also. I cannot vouch for its accuracy but my impression is it seems to be good.

Last edited:
Can someone please enlighten us about a horoscope issue. My brother's son was born 1st October 1987, Thursday, 1855 hrs at Thanjavur. Nakshatram is Uthradam (1st padham) and the Rasi is Dhanush. Now, we would like to know his birth LAGNAM. Some astrologers say it is Meena Lagnam and some say it is Mesha Lagnam. As we are now looking for a bride for him, this issue has become a bit sticky. Can our Forum members please let us know what Lagnam we should use. I will go along with the advice.

Thanks and Regards

apsarathy

The calculation of Lagnam (as also the exact position of various planets) depends upon an assumed factor called "ayanamsa". Usually most astrologers follow the Lahiri ayanamsa and according to it, the lagnam of your brother falls at the very last degree of Meenam. But other ayanamsa values are also followed by different astrologers and if someone uses a different ayanamsa which varies by half a degree or so, then the lagnam could be in Mesham.

So, you find out which ayanamsa you are using and also what the other party uses. But compare horoscopes based on the same ayanamsa.

There is no problem in adopting either Lagnam, but try to get the opinion of a known and experienced astrologer to find out which of the two lagnams depicts the actual progress of life.

The calculation of Lagnam (as also the exact position of various planets) depends upon an assumed factor called "ayanamsa". Usually most astrologers follow the Lahiri ayanamsa and according to it, the lagnam of your brother falls at the very last degree of Meenam. But other ayanamsa values are also followed by different astrologers and if someone uses a different ayanamsa which varies by half a degree or so, then the lagnam could be in Mesham.

So, you find out which ayanamsa you are using and also what the other party uses. But compare horoscopes based on the same ayanamsa.

There is no problem in adopting either Lagnam, but try to get the opinion of a known and experienced astrologer to find out which of the two lagnams depicts the actual progress of life.

Good advice. As Shri.Sangom says finding which lagna more accurately is able to show the major events in life is the best way to find out the actual lagna.

Good advice. As Shri.Sangom says finding which lagna more accurately is able to show the major events in life is the best way to find out the actual lagna.

That is the most difficult part of it. If both the dispensations did not predict the important events what do we do? Lagnam being the fulcrum(except for kochara phalan) and everything is determined on the basis of the various houses (first house, second house etc are determined from the Lagnam) and their athipathys, if the member needs a solution to his problem, he should adopt the one version which gives maximum advantage to him-like he can avoid a rahu or kethu in the fifth house, he can avoid chevvai in inconvenient houses and escape from chevvai dosham, if he is lucky he can even avoid a kala sarpa dosham. So he has to weigh the advantages and choose the one which is beneficial to him.

Dear A.P. Sarathy. I am on the job of checking. I shall give reply to-day. If you like, I welcome you to talk to me or my wife who is an learned Astrologer doing lots of predictions almost on all days Talk on Ph (044) 24806871, Kodambakkam Chennai-24

A.Srinivasan / Mrs Janaki

Dear Mr Sarathy, Just now, I got the horoscope prepared on our computer. I confirm without any doubt, it is MESHA Lagnam & not Meenam.Other details {- Uthradam 1 Dhanur Rasi Suklapaksha navami.

1) Guru in Lagna/ Mesham 2)Suryan/ chevvoi/Sukran/ Ketu are in Kanya Rasi. 3)Sani in Vrichakam 4) Chandran in Dhanur 5) lastly Rahu in Meenam
Surya dasa Balance {- 5 y 10 M 1 day.

You can confidently proceed for Marriage Etc Any help from my wife is open. Still i wish you talk to us .

A. Srinivasan

That is the most difficult part of it. If both the dispensations did not predict the important events what do we do? Lagnam being the fulcrum(except for kochara phalan) and everything is determined on the basis of the various houses (first house, second house etc are determined from the Lagnam) and their athipathys, if the member needs a solution to his problem, he should adopt the one version which gives maximum advantage to him-like he can avoid a rahu or kethu in the fifth house, he can avoid chevvai in inconvenient houses and escape from chevvai dosham, if he is lucky he can even avoid a kala sarpa dosham. So he has to weigh the advantages and choose the one which is beneficial to him.

Dear Shri Vaagmi,

What if the lagnam chosen because it is beneficial is in fact the wrong one? Won't the predictions go wrong?

Dear Shri Vaagmi,

What if the lagnam chosen because it is beneficial is in fact the wrong one? Won't the predictions go wrong?

Sravnaji,

Vaagmi is giving a practical suggestion to chose the one among the two horoscopes which is less cumbersome...The concerned person has to now decide whether to take it or leave it

Thank you Mr.Rishikesan. I have conveyed the above to my brother's family who will get in touch with your wife for some clarifications.

Thanks once again and regards,

apsarathy

lagnam of horoscope

Thank you Mr.Rishikesan. I have conveyed the above to my brother's family who will get in touch with your wife for some clarifications.

Thanks once again and regards,

apsarathy

Dear Mr AP sarathy,
Your brother{s wife talked to myself & to my wife also Wife explained in detail & she got cleared. While talking I mentioned that we, normally give Full prediction, not only for marriage but every thing concerning husband/ child birth Dasa Bhukties etc including Pariharams in a Note book, but I wrongly mentioned the Charges as Rs 500/- Please tell her that it is Rs !000/- being charged for the last 6 months.
In case there is no problem, she can visit after fixing time & then wait for about 7/8 days . We will inform on phone &anyone can come & collect the book including fresh Horoscope which we would be making on our computer.
After reading it can be preserved for further queries .
Sincerely

A.Srinvasan & Mrs Janaki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back