• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rasi v/s Lagnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
​Wonder why no one has answered this Q!

The 27 stars are divided in the twelve Rasis and so each Rasi has 2 and 1/4 stars.

The birth star gives the Rasi and the time of birth gives the Lagnam.

For some persons both Rasi and Lagnam will be the same.

Rasi in astrological terms, means the place of moon in one's horoscope. Moon moves a nakshatra every day and hence stays in a Rasi for almost two and a quarter days. Lagna on the other hand is the place where your sun is placed. Sun stays in a Rasi for a month roughly so if some one is born in the Tamil month of Chithirai, the Sun will be in Mesha Rasi. The placement of sun is called Lagna in simple terms. Or in other ways the 12 Rasi Chakra revolves around the Sun and the Rasi in front of Sun at a given point of time is called the Lagna. Rasi chakra's 360 degree makes every Rasi equivalent to 30 degrees. The 27 Nakshtras spread over the 12 Rasis accommodating 9 quarters of Nakshatras (9 Paadas) in a Rasi which makes 2 and quarter Nakshtra in a Rasi. Kumbha Rasi consists of last two quarters of Avittom Nakshtra, the entire Sadhayam Nakshtra and first quarter of Pororuttathi Nakshtra.

Our horoscope has two aspects - Rasi and Amsam. Rasi is given preference over Amsam in the sense that, I believe, the horoscopical predictions are based on Rasi. Some astros don't give too much importance for Amsam. Anyway, what is Amsam and what part does it do in our horoscope?

Our horoscope has two aspects - Rasi and Amsam. Rasi is given preference over Amsam in the sense that, I believe, the horoscopical predictions are based on Rasi. Some astros don't give too much importance for Amsam. Anyway, what is Amsam and what part does it do in our horoscope?
hi

i heard that there THREE TYPES OF AMSAMS IN A HOROSCOPE....MAINLY NAVAMSAM....ASTAMSAM....SAPTAMSAM.....

means one in nine/eight/ seven.....in this amsam....NAMASAM IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR MARRIAGE ALLIANCE ...

NAVAMSAM CHART IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LAHNA CHART IN SOME CASES...

I watched a video in YouTube... Some astrologer told that Rasi plays only 35% in general predictions... Natchathiram, lagnam etc,. have it's own importance to get the accurate predictions of a particular person's life...

I think we can title this thread as Basics of Astrology ....Looks interesting...Hope to hear from the experts!

hi

i heard that there THREE TYPES OF AMSAMS IN A HOROSCOPE....MAINLY NAVAMSAM....ASTAMSAM....SAPTAMSAM.....

means one in nine/eight/ seven.....in this amsam....NAMASAM IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR MARRIAGE ALLIANCE ...

NAVAMSAM CHART IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LAHNA CHART IN SOME CASES...

You are right tbs sir,
There are 64 types of subsidiary charts (divisional charts)to the main chart(d/1) . They are called amsams in tamil. They are useful in detailed and more precised study of ones horoscopes. As you rightly said navamsam (d/9)is used for detailed analysis of marriage prospects, dasamsam(d/10) is used for study on profession or career etc.

I watched a video in YouTube... Some astrologer told that Rasi plays only 35% in general predictions... Natchathiram, lagnam etc,. have it's own importance to get the accurate predictions of a particular person's life...

well you can obtain a lot of material online to quest your astrological thirst. I also intent to begin a separate thread on this subject seeing the interests of esteemed members of this forum.

You are right tbs sir,
There are 64 types of subsidiary charts (divisional charts)to the main chart(d/1) . They are called amsams in tamil. They are useful in detailed and more precised study of ones horoscopes. As you rightly said navamsam (d/9)is used for detailed analysis of marriage prospects, dasamsam(d/10) is used for study on profession or career etc.
hi

thanks....

While browsing the internet to understand the basics of Indian Astrology I stepped into a site on Astrolgy
"Learn Astrology" which gives the following explanation on Difference between Lagnam and Rasi:-

"Rasi of a child is calculated with reference to the position of Moon at the time of birth. If moon was travelling in the sky at a place called “Poosam” for example then the child is born in Poosa nakshatram, Kataka rasi. This is a broader calculation as Moon travels approximately for 2 ½ days in a rasi and approximately 25 hours in a nakshatram. That is all children born in this 25 hours are of same nakshatra and rasi.

Lagnam is the reference of the degree on which the Sun’s energy falls on a child at it rime of birth. This is a minute calculation and it changes every 2 hours approximately in day. So, all children born in this 2 hours duration is of same Lagnam. This is still fine tuned in Navamsa calculation by dividing this laganm – 2 hours by nine and putting it in the navamsa Chart. With this Navamsa Chart all the children born in about 12 minutes are of same category."

For full article please open the following URL:
http://vasthurengan.com/jothidam/learn-astrology/what-is-lagan-or-lagnam/

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

i would like to see horoscope of mine, wife & my parents. Kindly advise/suggest/recommend me - good astrologer in madurai area (my native is: Srivilliputtur & staying in Bangalore). thanks in advance.

i would like to see horoscope of mine, wife & my parents. Kindly advise/suggest/recommend me - good astrologer in madurai area (my native is: Srivilliputtur & staying in Bangalore). thanks in advance.

ராசியான ஜாேசியர் in Madurai Shri Ayyappan! His house is on the mada veethi (அக்ரஹாரம்) just behind திருவாப்புடையார் காேவில் in Sellur Madurai

Rasi is basically the house that houses Chandra (moon ) on the particular aspect( paadha ) of the star you were born .
Lagna is arrived on the basis of sunrise on that particular day and time you were born (calculated in naazhigai and arrived at) .
Difference being raasi helps to arrive at certain temporary results and Lagna helps to arrive at the janma (birth results) by working out planets in each house.

அம்ச சக்கிர விவரம்.
மொத்தம் 27 நக்ஷத்திரங்கள். 12 ராசிகள். ஒரு ராசிக்கு இரண்டேகால் நக்ஷத்திரங்கள். அதாவது அசுவதி நக்ஷத்ரம் 4 பாதங்கள்; பரணி 4 பாதங்கள், க்ருத்திகை முதல் பாதமும் உள்ளது ஒரு ராசி.

இதையே அம்சம் கட்டத்தில் அசுவதி 4 பாதங்களுக்கு அம்ச கட்டத்தில் 4 ராசிகளில் போடவேண்டும், அடுத்து பரணி 4 பாதங்களுக்கு அம்ச கட்டத்தில் அடுத்த 4 ராசிகளில் வரும் 9 ஆவது ராசி கட்டத்தில் கார்த்திகை ஒன்றாம்

பாதம் வரும். இம்மாதிரியே 108 பாதங்களும் திரும்ப திரும்ப வரும்..முதலில் மேஷத்தில் ஆரம்பிக்கிறது .மேஷம், ரிஷபம், மிதுனம், கடகம். முடிய 4 பாதம். பூரட்டாதி நக்ஷத்ரம் உ.த்ரட்டாதி நக்ஷத்திரம்
சிம்மம், கன்னி, துலாம். வ்ருச்சிகத்தில் முடியும்..

ரேவதி நக்ஷத்திரம் தனுசு, மகரம், கும்பம் மீனத்தில் முடியும்..

ராசி கட்டத்தில் மீனத்தில் புதன் உங்கள் ஜாதகத்தில் இருந்தால் புதன் நீசம்.

ஆனால் அம்சத்தில் புதன் தனுசு, மகரம், கும்பம், மீனம் ஏதோ ஒன்றில் இருந்தால் புதன் ரேவதி நக்ஷத்திரத்திந் காலில் ஓடுகிறது.

ஆயில்யம், கேட்டை ரேவதி புதனின் நக்ஷத்திரம் . . புதன் தன் சொந்த காலில் ஓடுவதால் புதன் நீசம் இல்லை.. அம்சத்தில் வேறு கட்ட்த்தில் இந்த புதன் இருந்தால் புதன் நீசம் என்று தீர்மானித்து பலன் சொல்ல வேண்டும்.

சொந்தா காலில் ஓடினால் புதன் நீசமில்லை என்று தீர்பானித்து பலன் சொல்ல முடியும். அம்சத்தை பார்த்து புரிந்து கொள்ள முடியும்.
அம்சத்தில் உச்சத்தில் ஒரு கிரகம் இருந்தால் , அதுவே ராசியில் நீசத்தில் இருந்தாலும் நற்பலன்கள் அதிக மாக எடுத்து சொல்லலாம். ராசி சக்ரத்திலும் அம்ச சக்ரத்திலும் ஒரு கிரஹம் ஒரே வீட்டில்

இருந்தால் அந்த கிரஹத்தின் நற்பலன் அதிகம்.ஆகிறது வர்கோத்தமம் என்று இதற்கு பெயர்.

. ராசி சக்ரத்தில் ஒரு கிரகம் உச்சத்திலிருந்து அம்சம் சக்கரத்தில் அதே கிரகம் நீசத்தில் வந்து விட்டால் நற்பலன் குறைகிறது..
குரு ராகு நக்ஷத்திர காலில் ஒரு ஜாதகத்தில் அமைந்து விட்டால் ராகு நக்ஷத்திரம் குருவை நல்லது செய்ய விடாது.
அம்ச சக்கிரம் இவைகளுக்கு பயன் படுகிறது.

அம்ச சக்கிர விவரம்.
மொத்தம் 27 நக்ஷத்திரங்கள். 12 ராசிகள். ஒரு ராசிக்கு இரண்டேகால் நக்ஷத்திரங்கள். அதாவது அசுவதி நக்ஷத்ரம் 4 பாதங்கள்; பரணி 4 பாதங்கள், க்ருத்திகை முதல் பாதமும் உள்ளது ஒரு ராசி.

இதையே அம்சம் கட்டத்தில் அசுவதி 4 பாதங்களுக்கு அம்ச கட்டத்தில் 4 ராசிகளில் போடவேண்டும், அடுத்து பரணி 4 பாதங்களுக்கு அம்ச கட்டத்தில் அடுத்த 4 ராசிகளில் வரும் 9 ஆவது ராசி கட்டத்தில் கார்த்திகை ஒன்றாம்

பாதம் வரும். இம்மாதிரியே 108 பாதங்களும் திரும்ப திரும்ப வரும்..முதலில் மேஷத்தில் ஆரம்பிக்கிறது .மேஷம், ரிஷபம், மிதுனம், கடகம். முடிய 4 பாதம். பூரட்டாதி நக்ஷத்ரம் உ.த்ரட்டாதி நக்ஷத்திரம்
சிம்மம், கன்னி, துலாம். வ்ருச்சிகத்தில் முடியும்..

ரேவதி நக்ஷத்திரம் தனுசு, மகரம், கும்பம் மீனத்தில் முடியும்..

ராசி கட்டத்தில் மீனத்தில் புதன் உங்கள் ஜாதகத்தில் இருந்தால் புதன் நீசம்.

ஆனால் அம்சத்தில் புதன் தனுசு, மகரம், கும்பம், மீனம் ஏதோ ஒன்றில் இருந்தால் புதன் ரேவதி நக்ஷத்திரத்திந் காலில் ஓடுகிறது.

ஆயில்யம், கேட்டை ரேவதி புதனின் நக்ஷத்திரம் . . புதன் தன் சொந்த காலில் ஓடுவதால் புதன் நீசம் இல்லை.. அம்சத்தில் வேறு கட்ட்த்தில் இந்த புதன் இருந்தால் புதன் நீசம் என்று தீர்மானித்து பலன் சொல்ல வேண்டும்.

சொந்தா காலில் ஓடினால் புதன் நீசமில்லை என்று தீர்பானித்து பலன் சொல்ல முடியும். அம்சத்தை பார்த்து புரிந்து கொள்ள முடியும்.
அம்சத்தில் உச்சத்தில் ஒரு கிரகம் இருந்தால் , அதுவே ராசியில் நீசத்தில் இருந்தாலும் நற்பலன்கள் அதிக மாக எடுத்து சொல்லலாம். ராசி சக்ரத்திலும் அம்ச சக்ரத்திலும் ஒரு கிரஹம் ஒரே வீட்டில்

இருந்தால் அந்த கிரஹத்தின் நற்பலன் அதிகம்.ஆகிறது வர்கோத்தமம் என்று இதற்கு பெயர்.

. ராசி சக்ரத்தில் ஒரு கிரகம் உச்சத்திலிருந்து அம்சம் சக்கரத்தில் அதே கிரகம் நீசத்தில் வந்து விட்டால் நற்பலன் குறைகிறது..
குரு ராகு நக்ஷத்திர காலில் ஒரு ஜாதகத்தில் அமைந்து விட்டால் ராகு நக்ஷத்திரம் குருவை நல்லது செய்ய விடாது.
அம்ச சக்கிரம் இவைகளுக்கு பயன் படுகிறது.

Hello Sir, if you don't mind, can you please post it in English because i'm not that good Tamil... I'm from Bangalore so didn't get chance learn the language. I do read but not that fluency..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back