• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Knowledge OF Sanskrit

Dear Sir..

Do not wait for any site to take the initiative to start anything.

Take your own steps.
I self taught myself Sanskrit at the age of 37..( 12 yrs ago) cos there was no teacher in the country I stay in..i formalized it by sitting for exams in India and rest is history and I also teach Sanskrit today.

It isnt all that hard.
I am not saying this to show off but just wonder why when teachers are available in India so easily and so many books around yet many are always waiting for someone else to take the initiative to start Sanskrit.

On a personal note I feel this whole group teaching doesnt work as well cos each person has different capabilities..its better to teach one student at a time.

Thats what I do...I teach personalized classes in my country.

Start now..dont wait.
Why wait?
Or what are you waiting for?

These days it is difficult to find students who would like to learn sanskrit. Its appeal is restricted to those

wanting to become temple archakar or priests for marriages or death ceremonies.It was thrust on me in 7th

standard in school ,the other choice being Higher grade tamil language.My sole interest in tamil was only

spoken brahmin tamil duly corrupted by delhi hindi.An interesting mix of course.

The basic utility of language is only to facilitate communication.

As one grows older,there is less to communicate on more and more subjects.Best luck to those who want to

propagate sanskrit and get stoned by dravidians who would like to label them as Aryans from elsewhere.

These days it is difficult to find students who would like to learn sanskrit. Its appeal is restricted to those

wanting to become temple archakar or priests for marriages or death ceremonies.It was thrust on me in 7th

standard in school ,the other choice being Higher grade tamil language.My sole interest in tamil was only

spoken brahmin tamil duly corrupted by delhi hindi.An interesting mix of course.

The basic utility of language is only to facilitate communication.

As one grows older,there is less to communicate on more and more subjects.Best luck to those who want to

propagate sanskrit and get stoned by dravidians who would like to label them as Aryans from elsewhere.
I dont think this Dravidian stoning others can hold any good.

A lot of those who follow my site are from TN india and not all have TB sounding names and many are very interested in Sanskrit.

So its not about blaming others if one doesnt want to learn Sanskrit.

Samskrita Bharati has regular events in TN and many non TBs too participate.

Its only a handful of non TBs who oppose anything.

Also it depends how one markets Sanskrit.

I teach it as a secular language so that anyone of any race..religion learns it.

Not all of my students are Hindus.

If we want to learn a language there is no need to attach a religious tag to it.

Learning a language need not always be for the purpose of communication or for economical reasons...it could be as an intellectual pursue purely for personal interests.

Also learning a new language helps our brain function too.

Many benefits of learning a new language whether its Sanskrit or any other language.

Learning a language need not always be for the purpose of communication or for economical reasons...it could be as an intellectual pursue purely for personal interests.

Also learning a new language helps our brain function too.

Many benefits of learning a new language whether its Sanskrit or any other language.

Namaskarams.
Could you kindly guide us on how to start. Also, could you kindly share a link to your website?
Pranams.

Namaskarams.
Could you kindly guide us on how to start. Also, could you kindly share a link to your website?
Pranams.
Where are you located?
In India?
My page is a page for advertisement with some simple posts to grab interests and it states about my classes.

I have a blog and a FB page..both are identical.
You would find even quotes there too..i keep it a bit funny too filled with songs

Its not a teaching site..its an advert site with some posts on sanskrit.

Where are you located?
In India?
My page is a page for advertisement with some simple posts to grab interests and it states about my classes.

I have a blog and a FB page..both are identical.
You would find even quotes there too..i keep it a bit funny too filled with songs

Its not a teaching site..its an advert site with some posts on sanskrit.

Thanks so much madam. I live in Chennai. If you wouldn't mind, please do drop a line at [email protected].

Namaskarams.

Ps.: My website is: https://sites.google.com/view/tiruchuzhi-iyer/home

Latest ads

Back