• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Just to laugh........!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sorry I have to express Doctor,
I just shared the information iheard thru some one.
But read some where about this caluclation by our elders some 1000's of years back on our present calender.
One more best news about following the Sun for making calender and worshipping the Sun.
The Jews are the one and only community who worships Sun as God and
We Tamilians especially the Brahmins follow Sun for marking calender and for creating panjankams and all.
The Best part of this news is that the JEWS are considered the most brilliant people in the world and we Tamilians (Read it as Brahmins ) are the 2 nd best as Knowledgable people.
:flypig: SUN EFFECT.

Cheer Sir... :) You have shared a good information about sun and moon... Nice piece of information. Keep posting Sir, if you have good articles like this, please kind enough to post it in the Share Your Knowledge Column. It will be read by many readers. If you are already doing so, Sorry again. In the above said Column I don't see your postings. That's why..shared my idea... Thank you so much. Regards... Anandi

:happy:
Now in Tamil... As follows :

அறிவொளி

சந்திரனே!

சூரியனும், சந்திரனும்

பற்றி விரிவாகப்

பாடம் நடத்திய

ஆசான் கேட்டார்,

எது சிறந்தது

என்று யாரேனும்

சொல்ல முடியுமா?

அறிவொளி விடுவானா?

உடனே சொன்னான்,

சந்திரனே சிறந்தது!

விளக்கம் கேட்டதும்,

பதில் உரைத்தான்,

சூரியன் வருவதே

பயனில்லை!

பகலில்தான்

வெளிச்சம் உள்ளதே!

சந்திரன் வருவதே

பயன் உள்ளது!

இரவில்தானே

இருட்டாக உள்ளது!

Dear Raji Madam... Sooooo Nice...!!!
Chemmozhiyana Tamizhmozhiyaam.... Ungal ezhuthai patri naan ennal solla... Raji Madam... Ungal kavitaikal enn Tamizhayum.. Palakkadan mozhiyil irundhu... chirithu... mozhi matrum.. cheyya vaithullatu... (sariya????) naan oru Malayali aakkum... enakku Palakkadu Tamizh taan teriyum... Irundalum.. Ungal... Ezhuthai paditta pin...en tamizhum.. ilakkana tamizhaka marivarukiratu... Please Excuse me if I am wrong...
And this is especially for you Dear Madam..... :yo:
SemMozhi TamizhMozhi (High Quality) - YouTube

Last edited:
I am not kidding Anandi. You will soon become an expert in Tamil!

I am happy to say that one of my friend's family has started exchanging
e-mails in Tamil, after reading my write-ups. :ranger: . . . :typing:

Gmail is just great for this easy transliteration. :thumb:

I am not kidding Anandi. You will soon become an expert in Tamil!

And all the credit goes to U....!!!! The Master............ chemmazhiyana Tamizh mozhi... upadesitta enn guruvirkku.....Oru sweet and tight...........:hug:

Sem mozhi

Dear Doctor,
Thanks for your advice in earlier mail asking me to post my previous mail referring to Sun and Moon under the head Share Your Knowledge.
Problem is my Knowledge is restricted to a handful and if I Share our friend may laugh at me for the level of My Knowledge. ( Katradhu Kai mann Alavu ,, Kalladhadhu ulagalavu ).
Now again I have to say sorry for your mail Conversation with Raji Madam for the reason Calling Tamil as Sem mozhi.
As far as my knowledge goes Sanskrit alone have got the level very close to be called as Sem mozhi.
Reasons :
A sem mozhi should have started on it's own from the background of several natural sound.
It is beleived that Samavedam started from several sounds like sounds from Breeze, Flow of water in a river movement of leaves in a Tree , a sort of Sound from Soonyam. Sanskrit very close to this samavedam and libi for Sanskrit made by a list of Saints. To maintain a sort of secrecy Grandham was also discovered by them, which also comes very close to the status Sem mozhi.
All other indian languages started from Sanskrit , to a lesser level by Tamil and to a higher level by other languages.
The Other end of Sem mozhi being Hindi , which have adopted so many words from all other languages.
Internationally English is the one which is ready to adopt any good words from any language .
That is the reason English and Hindi have grown to it's present level.
I have read in one of the article ( I think By Mr.Bharanidharan ) when they reached the possible northern tip of the World in Alaska Region , the wind which was blowing from North was sounding as OHM .
Our elders rather ancestors gave a shape to this sound .

Only people like M.K. call Tamil as semmozhi for personnel benefits , and nothing more than that .

Only people like M.K. call Tamil as semmozhi for personnel benefits , and nothing more than that .
Sorry for the interruption, Sir! 'Semmozhi' means a classical language and there is nothing wrong in calling

Tamil as semmozhi. Just because MK says, we need not object to that, IMHO.

Respected Sir, Just few clarifications from my end.

As far as I am concerned my knowledge in Tamil literature and words are very limited. I am basically a Malayalam speaking Tamil Brahmin, typically from Palakkad, I can only speak Palakkadan Tamil and I can't write and an average reader. I only quoted from the song.. Semozhiyana Tamizhmozhiyam... Where they have shown from Thiruvalluvar to the monuments of Tamilnadu to the various singers of the south... I liked the lyrics and quoted from it. I started reading Tamil again from Raji Madam's Threads.. I treat her as my guide and guru.. And her threads are so beautiful and her intepretation touches my heart. For her threads, I have quoted so...

my personal opinion is I am not here for an argument or to win over someone.. I have miles to go. I am sharing what I can and what I know/ what I like most... I try to read different threads to increase my knowledge and to get some tips from them. There are many friends in this forum who are really very good in song selection and some of their articles are worth reading.

I am just a drop in the vast ocean of knowledge, but whatever I write, to whomever it may be.. I write with my full feeling and the words come from heart not from my brain.. Raji madam is the right person to tell you about Tamil literature in deep. I am just a beginner. Thanks and regards Anandi

No issues Raji Madam , No body will stop you in calling Tamil as Sem mozhi , I mean a classical language .
But my knowledge says that there is a difference between Classical Language and Semmozhi.
It is like Classical music composed by some one and the music by nature.
Semmozhi means one of the toughest to pronounce and equaly dificult to generate libi for that.
Just try to reproduce the sound which you hear in nature, like sound of wind blowing across tender leaves. You can be 50 to 60 % good if you are a good listener or capable of capturing and reproducing what your you hear. converting nature's sound into libi is just close to impossible.
I would have refused Tamil as Semmozhi even it was declared by J.J or even persons like Cho.
You can read an article by Mr. Cho where he explains about Semmozhi and how Tamil , especially the present day Tamil differs from it.
Fine as Doctor consider you as her Guru for tamil literacy I dont want to poke my nose between a true Guru and a Sishyai.
Sorry once again for the interruption madam.

Fine as Doctor consider you as her Guru for tamil literacy I dont want to poke my nose between a true Guru and a Sishyai. ...

I do not consider myself as a guru in Tamil!! It is Anandi's affection that makes her call me so.

I feel more comfortable to write in my mother tongue and do not hesitate to mix English words

when ever it is apt! Some senior forum members accept and appreciate it too! That is all Sir!
Let us go
:focus:

No issues Raji Madam , No body will stop you in calling Tamil as Sem mozhi , I mean a classical language .
But my knowledge says that there is a difference between Classical Language and Semmozhi.
It is like Classical music composed by some one and the music by nature.
Semmozhi means one of the toughest to pronounce and equaly dificult to generate libi for that.
Just try to reproduce the sound which you hear in nature, like sound of wind blowing across tender leaves. You can be 50 to 60 % good if you are a good listener or capable of capturing and reproducing what your you hear. converting nature's sound into libi is just close to impossible.
I would have refused Tamil as Semmozhi even it was declared by J.J or even persons like Cho.
You can read an article by Mr. Cho where he explains about Semmozhi and how Tamil , especially the present day Tamil differs from it.
Fine as Doctor consider you as her Guru for tamil literacy I dont want to poke my nose between a true Guru and a Sishyai.
Sorry once again for the interruption madam.

My dearest Sir,
please let us move ahead of this topic, actually this is a humorous thread, so let us cheer and go back to the topic let us enjoy this moment, the articles, the songs posted and live in this moment. No one is a master here, let us leave that matter to the scholars to debate, and we will enjoy with some pleasant conversations. we never disrespect the language or any personality, that is not our intention. Only with full respect and with full feeling only we use words. it can misplaced with the context but not mis spelt... with respects.. Anandi

Santa: What is another difference between a mosquito
and a fly?
Banta: A fly can fly but a mosquito cannot mosquito.

Banta: When did George Washington die?
Santa: two days before his funeral.

Banta: Tell me five FEROCIOUS animals you can think
of........
Santa: 3 Lions and 2 Tigers.

Banta Singh was in court charged with parking his car
in a restricted area. The Judge asked him if he had
anything to say in his defence. "They should not put
up such misleading notices", said Banta. "It said,
FINE FOR PARKING HERE"

Santa Singh and Banta Singh were always boasting of
their parents achievements to each other.
Santa Singh : Have you ever heard of the Suez Canal?
Banta Singh : Yes I have.
Santa Singh : Well, my father dug it.
Banta Singh : That's nothing, have you ever heard of
Dead Sea?
Santa Singh : Yes I have.
Banta Singh : Well, my father killed it.
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

http://www.citehr.com/43983-santa-banta.html#ixzz1WRKFEBBL

It's true

We all love Sardar jokes. But do you know that Sikhs are one of the hardest working prosperous and diversified communities in the world.

My friend told me about the following incident which I wish to share with you. It has had a deep impact on my thinking.

During last vacation, his few friends came to
Delhi[FONT=&quot][/FONT] They rented a taxi for local sight-seeing. The driver was an old Sardar and boys being boys, these pals began cracking Sardarji jokes, just to tease the old man.

But to their surprise, the fellow remained unperturbed.

At the end of the sight-seeing, they paid the cab hire-charges. The Sardar returned the change, but he gave each one of them one rupee extra and said,

''Son, since morning you have been telling Sardarji jokes. I listened to them all and let me tell you, some of them were in bad taste. Still, I don't mind coz I know that you are young blood and are yet to see the world.. But I have one request. I am giving you one rupee each. Give it to the first Sardar beggar that you come across in this or any other city.'

My friend continued, 'That one rupee coin is still with me. I couldn't find a single Sardar begging anywhere.'

"The secret behind their universal success, is their willingness to do any job with utmost dedication and pride. A Sardar will drive a truck or set up a roadside garage or a dhaba, put a fruit juice stall, take up small time carpentry, ... but he will never beg on the streets."

Osama joke

I hope you don't mind if I post an OBL joke here.

After his death, Osama bin Laden went to paradise. He was greeted by George Washington, who slapped him across the face and yelled angrily, "How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!"
Then Patrick Henry punched Osama in the nose and James Madison kicked him in the groin.
Bin Laden was subjected to similar beatings from John Randolph, James Monroe, Thomas Jefferson and 66 other early Americans. As he writhed in pain on the ground, an angel appeared.
Bin Laden groaned, "This is not what I was promised!"
The angel replied, "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you! What did you think I said?"

Yes Doctor, You are right . the best hard working people are Sardarjees no doubt.
I have seen in places like Chandigarh were Sardarinees drive a car park it in front of a Gurudwara , they take out a Special Broom stick and start cleaning the Gurudwaras.
I came across one young Sardarjee in his mid 20's at Ludhiana.
He was operating a Boring machine.
That sardarjee was owning a small industry at the cellar of his house with similar machine and his wife was operating the machine and his younger brother's role was to collect raw material from Hero Cycles and delivering the material.
This I got on a Holiday at Ludhiana.
I was there to attend minor issues in their machine ( Operated by Sardarjee ). He offered me a lunch on a Holiday, first he invited me to his house which I refused. Then he almost pleaded me and made me to accept his offer not at his residence at a near by Hotel.
The Sardarjee with his Wife and a Small kid of 1 - 2 years accomponied him . I was a bit confused intially . His wife was with a small diary in her hand. She was asking questions thru her husband in Punjabi and the sardarjee was translating the same in broken English and Hindi. All questions were related to Boring machine and settings in it.
After few moments I asked Sardarjee why his wife is interested in these details and why she is noting down.
Then he explained the entire arrangement and I was shocked.
On Next holiday I personnally went to their House spent almost full day with them and explained her the arrangement and means and methods to improve Tool life incresing of productivity and all.
Really a great experience mam.
Jokes are jokes on Sardarjees which they don't care and the best part is Mr. KushwanthSingh , a well known Sardarjee have released a Book with plenty of Sardarjee Jokes.

Mulla Nasrudin jokes are ever green humour, here is one

Mulla Nasrudin was coming to after a serious operation. He was just conscious enough to feel
the softness of the comfortable bed and the warmth of gentle hands on his forehead. "Where
am I?" he asked. "In Heaven?" "NO," said his wife, "I am still right here with you."

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I hope you don't mind if I post an OBL joke here.

After his death, Osama bin Laden went to paradise. He was greeted by George Washington, who slapped him across the face and yelled angrily, "How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!"
Then Patrick Henry punched Osama in the nose and James Madison kicked him in the groin.
Bin Laden was subjected to similar beatings from John Randolph, James Monroe, Thomas Jefferson and 66 other early Americans. As he writhed in pain on the ground, an angel appeared.
Bin Laden groaned, "This is not what I was promised!"
The angel replied, "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you! What did you think I said?"

Dear sir, You are always welcome and this one is superb...no need to join a laughing club...:laugh: Hope to get more from your treasure... Thanks and regards... Anandi

Last edited:
The Loyal Wife..

There was a man who had worked all of his life, had saved all of his money, and was a real miser when it came to his money. Just before he died, he said to his wife, “When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I want to take my money to the afterlife with me.”

And so he got his wife to promise him with all of her heart that when he died, she would put all of the money in the casket with him.
Well, he died. He was stretched out in the casket, his wife was sitting there in black, and her friend was sitting next to her.
When they finished the ceremony, just before the undertakers got ready to close the casket, the wife said, “Wait a minute!” She came over with the box and put it in the casket. Then the undertakers locked the casket down, and they rolled it away.
So her friend said, “I know you weren’t fool enough to put all that money in there with your husband.”
The loyal wife replied, “I’m an honest loyal wife, I can’t go back on my word. I promised him that I was going to put that money in that casket with him.”

“You mean to tell me you put that money in the casket with him!!!!?”
“I sure did,” said the wife. “I got it all together, put it into my account and wrote him a check.. If he can cash it, he can spend it.”

Extremly sorry for bringing in a tougher topic into this thread.
Now we will have a lighter moment to justify this thread.
Sorry again it also coincides with languages.
தமிழ் பனில
தெலுங்கு பனி செஞ்சா
மலையாள பனி வரும்.
In Tamil Pani means Mist, Telugu pani Work Malayala pani Fever.
Moral : If you work in Mist you will catch Fever.

Last edited:
Mullah Nasruddin Jokes

Here is another one from my collections of Mullah's Jokes:

Mullah Nasruddin had just bought a dog and was bragging about his good points to a friend. "He
is not what you would call a pedigree dog," said the Mullah, "but no prowler could come near the
house without him letting us know about it." "What does he do?" asked the friend. "Bark and arouse the neighbourhood?" "No," said Nasruddin proudly,"He crawls under the bed."

This thread is to create lighter/pleasant moments..... So smile and enjoy....!!!!

Chinese Vs Spielberg :wave:

A Chinese man walks into a bar in America late one night and
he sees Steven Spielberg. As he was a great fan of his movies,
he rushes over to him, and asks for his autograph.

Instead, Spielberg gives him a slap and says, "You Chinese people bombed our Pearl Habour,get outta here."

The astonished Chinese man replied, "It was not the Chinese who bombed your Pearl Harbour, it was the Japanese".

"Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, you're all the same,"
replied Spielberg.

In return, the Chinese man gives Spielberg a slap and says,

"You sank the Titanic, my forefathers were on that ship."
Shocked, Spielberg replies,

"It was the iceberg that sank the ship, not me."

The Chinese man, replies,
"Iceberg, Spielberg, Carsberg, you're all the same."

Banta Singh finished his English exam and came out. His friends asked him how did he do his exam, for that he replied ; Exam was okay, but for the past tense of THINK, I thought, and thought, and thought ... and at last I wrote THUNK !!!;

Santa Singh got his promotion and become an officer in Punjab Government. To keep up with his status, he decided to speak only in English to all his subordinates. One morning, his peon peeped through the door to see if his boss was busy. Santa Singh noticed him and shouted, 'Why are you outstanding! Please income.'

TEACHER : "Can anybody give an example of COINCIDENCE? "
STUDENT : "Sir, my Mother and Father got married on the same day,
same time."

TEACHER : What do you call a person who keeps on talking when people
are no longer interested?
STUDENT : A teacher

Last edited:
Jokes to analysed :

மீன் வலையில மீன் மாட்டிக்கும் / இருக்கும்.
சிங்கம் புலிக்கு வலை விரிச்சு வெச்சா சிங்கமோ புலியோ அட்லீஸ்ட் ஒரு நரியோ மாட்டிக்கும்.
ஆனா கொசு வலையில மனுஷன் தான் இருப்பான்.
இது பொய்யான உண்மை.
உலகத்துல கிட்ட தட்ட மூணு பங்கு தண்ணி ஒரு பங்கு நிலம்.
இது பொதுவான உண்மை.
ஆனா அந்த தண்ணி கொஞ்சம் கீழ போன திரும்ப நெலம் தான்.
அதாவது உலகம் புல்லா நெலம் அதுல 3 பங்குல தண்ணி மூடி இருக்கு ஒரு பங்கு தண்ணி மூடல்ல
இதுதான் நெஜம்.
கரெக்டா சார்.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back