• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Japanese 'rent men' who are paid just to listen

Status
Not open for further replies.
............ TBs are changing. Remarriage in the TB community is very much there, and anybody denying this is in a fool's paradise.

Just like how "Rama" is an ideal and not real, the "brahmin" too is but a tag, underneath which there are only bundles of emotions...
Dear Sir,

Now we have started discussing about remarriages in tambrahms. Yeah! There are many divorces and remarriages.

But, so far, I have not come across elderly single persons living in India, going in search of a spouse. :nono:

Probably, after some years this might happen! God only knows!! :)

P.S: Shorts and T'shirts are now a common attire for tambrahm mAmAs. :cool:

When I write about some issue, I can ONLY quote what happens in my friends and family circle! :grouphug:

I hate 'making' fake stories just to impress members here. What I write here is from my experience.
And that IS IT! :peace:

WOW photo!

1653784_552371981566850_8498992500760240492_n.jpg

Could anything be more miraculous or powerful or enduring? Love is, and will always be.
cheer2.gif

Source:
True love

This is only qualifying round bout.

Wait for quarter ,semi and final.lol

Ready and prepared for all the rounds. LOL

And I am not a spectator .... who knows only to whistle.... and clap... :)

13876211_1140229399333050_7556206829064114428_n.jpg

Source: face book

P.S: And my posting No.74 is a dedicated one, meant for that particular member's posting. In fact I have just committed in another thread to be more polite and courteous.

Now we have an element to instigate...... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyway, you like it or not, you are one among the other members of this Forum and have no right or privilege to give me any instructions to go outside and fight. You should know your limits. And much you know me??

Dear sir,

I have every right and privilege to suggest... and likewise you have every right an privilege to accept, reject or ignore. But you cannot stifle my mouth (or should I say, fingers?)

Best,

tks Ji,

Kindly apologize for all that has happened in this thread.

I take the responsibility for everything that has happened in this thread.

Somehow or other, against my will and principles, the thread got hijacked.

And now it is taking totally a different twist.

I have decided not to contribute further atleast from now on and thus keep up my commitment

And thanks for all the members who responded to my postings.

I feel extremely sorry if I offended anyone which was not definitely intended, but in the interest of establishing my stand.

Thank you all

Bye bye

tks Ji,

I have decided not to contribute further atleast from now on and thus keep up my commitment

I feel extremely sorry if I offended anyone which was not definitely intended, but in the interest of establishing my stand.

Thank you all

Bye bye

Dear Sir,

I do not know what Bye Bye means in your post...I just hope that you are not leaving forum.

Sir...actually all the exchange of words started becos of my post which was translated differently from my actual intent.

I understand that you wanted to establish your stand but someway down the road the exchange of posts between me and you got out of hand and the rest is history.

But please do not take anything here personally cos we can move on and just thinking that it was merely a war of words that never really meant to hurt anyone.

If you are apologizing to members here...let me apologize to you and others too becos I too have been a cause in some way or the other for such a scenario to have taken place.

Also this is not the first time exchange of words have taken place in Forum...from time to time we do have storms and after a while we become calm again.

This is just normal human nature actually...none of us are immune to the sway of our mind..none of us are perfect.

Imperfections is what that makes us human.

So I sincerely hope you have no intent of leaving forum and would continue to post here.

Lets just forget what ever happened and be back to normal again.

Regards

Renuka

Last edited:
Dear Renu,
This forum is addictive! Members can show their 'veeram' ONLY here! :fencing:

Except one or two, no one has left forum after :wave: !!

:cool:. right?

I think the member has got carried away by emotion.

Addictive posting makes members lose their heads somewhat.

He can rest and return with more vigour to continue his postings.

tks Ji,

Thank you all

Bye bye

images

Why waste cyber space just for a :thumb:, Ganesh Sir? :)

P. S: I love smilies because they are cute, tiny and very expressive! :love:

# 49 of Bala and # 50 of veteran Mr. Krish 44 /

Dear Mr. Bala & Mr. Krish 44.,

Mr Bala, has taken pains to Sum -up the reality of really old, , not able to be independent, but expect that their Sons/ Daughters to place them in a decent place & provide help timely food & minimum facilities , such that they get the Blessings of the incapacitated Father, & lives in peace
& look for peaceful end. fact is that parents would think of Son , at least once a day
Dear Mr, Krish 44, please read # 25 of Dr. renuka, which provides full reply to your criticism of me. # 43 is intended for Dr Renu and V.Bala

Dear mr Krish , Yoy may have some solution for the outbursts of most of the members growing by the day. I take it that all are practising Ego , which is easy to bring out in this Forum , & on this Some support some & others get support from the rest. So there is no real unbiased thinking. We, a few can think broadly like this :----Can we chalk out a couple of proposals by the chosen Veterans in your Lot & get it approved by the Founder , in the interest of Tamil Brahmins .Exclusively & approved by Veterans .
It is my desire right from 2011 , when I joined this Forum , when in U, S for One year. I am again here, dreaming the same.
A.Srinivasan

I write this matter with a purpose :- I would like to know from the most experienced Veterans of this Forum to seriously give a thought to the above # 49 & 50. & write briefly Your practical solutions to the head of the Forum , Mr. PRAVVEEN. (Mr Bala/ Mr Krish/ 44 / Dr. Renukaji / V.Gane / Tks / yes mohan/Chandru 1848 / Ganesh65 /

Dear All,

Most importantly VB sir and I have apologized to each other and the show is over for now.

We have been Rajini fans right tru this whole episode where we can see reference starting from Kabali..Basha and Raghavendra.

So lets be happy once again...we all know fights are inevitable sometimes.

Since Thalaiva Rajini was the uniting factor here..lets all pay a tribute to Thalaiva and enjoy this song.

Ganesh Ji...this song is especially for you for taking the extra effort of starting a thread in Chit Chat section to diffuse the whole situation.

Enjoy the Lungi Dance!

[video=youtube_share;2kWLyInyjOE]https://youtu.be/2kWLyInyjOE[/video]

tks Ji,

Thank you all

Bye bye

Sri VB,

Since the thread is in the General Section, it is good to air your views openly.

My intent was to help foster a discussion about how human beings yearn to be 'listened to' and have a sense of belonging. The Japanese whose culture has become highly westernized and driven to function like automatons are now paying to be listened to.

In India by and large, some old people do want to have a sense of belonging. This is because the concept of joint families known in TB household has been disappearing fast.

The great thing is that there seem to be groups being formed like the one you belong to. Activities such as Bhajans, discussions, mutual enquiries, watching for each others, etc. can be extremely helpful as people enter their Vanaprastha stage.

Every culture has found its own unique ways to address this sense of belonging and the need to be understood.

Therefore it is immature to propose any method adopted by one culture as a prescription to another culture. Certainly older people who are widows and widowers can marry if they chose to. But many TB people find more joy in belonging to a Goshti that is into Bhajans etc.

Dale Carnegie says (and I am paraphrasing) that it is not productive to argue with people. Debates are useful and wonderful but it is possible only with people who have the integrity to want to know the truth. Here mostly it is exchange of ego which may be pleasurable for some but waste of time overall.

In General Section, apparent hijacking of threads is common by a few. The discussion in this thread did not get hijacked very much in my view because the discussion by and large centered on how (older) people find a sense of belonging.

For those that profess to strive for the values of Brahmana regardless of their birth based caste my recommendation is for them to begin the practice of Nithya Karmas if that is not part of their life. I would say if people made commitment to search for the truth, learn to laugh at their own ego driven positions and actions and live by the moment enjoying the company of anyone they come in contact with they would find joy.

Bottom line: No need to apologize :) I know you are well intentioned and I respect you for that.

TKSji

you are living in a dream world about TBs in india.

Bhajans and goshtiganam are practised by a outdated few.

Modern TB seniors live it up , going on fancy holidays to exotic places , hold hands in public .

Pl do not think they go to temples only to pray and do nothing else there.

TBs -both males and females who are widowed marry also -though less in number.

Definitely women do not shave their heads and sit in a corner if they are widowed.

Most pursue a career or a hobbies or interests.

No one wants to be M K Gandhi to pursue truth or engage in meditation emulating Gautama the Buddha.

You expectations of a brahmin seniors is hopelessly away from ground realities.

Suggest be down to earth and observe the life around.

best wishes

TKSji

you are living in a dream world about TBs in india.

Bhajans and goshtiganam are practised by a outdated few.

Modern TB seniors live it up , going on fancy holidays to exotic places , hold hands in public .

Pl do not think they go to temples only to pray and do nothing else there.

TBs -both males and females who are widowed marry also -though less in number.

Definitely women do not shave their heads and sit in a corner if they are widowed.

Most pursue a career or a hobbies or interests.

No one wants to be M K Gandhi to pursue truth or engage in meditation emulating Gautama the Buddha.

You expectations of a brahmin seniors is hopelessly away from ground realities.

Suggest be down to earth and observe the life around.

best wishes

Krish ji
You seem to have responded without reading what I wrote.
I have no desire to argue further.

I would like Sri Praveen to close this thread at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back