• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Japanese 'rent men' who are paid just to listen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I value your opinion as I usually have a different perspective of each and every post without getting emotional(a rare ability).

Firstly there is need to be disappointed with my reply becos I was not making a comparison between Msia or India in terms of how geriatrics spend their time. It seems you have misunderstood my post as Msia Vs India...I am no Kabali!LOL

I meant every word I wrote.

As a doc I have seen depression in the elderly so I encourage them to go beyond relying on religion and mantras and shlokas as solace for old age.

Why does old age need to be confined with chanting mantras and shlokas without any chance of enjoyment?

There is nothing really wrong in seniors dating for SPIRITUALITY and SEX are interconnected..something you yourself defended and agreed in another thread right here in GD section...not Chit Chat my dear sir...

So get what I mean?

I do not transform myself into a different person in Chit Chat and a different person in GD or even in the Religious threads for that matter.I am the same everywhere.

Why change and be Ambi for GD,Anniyan for for Chit Chat....Na Na Na...Yeh Mera Ishtyle Nahi Hain.

In my circle...I tried to suggest remarriage for my widowed FIL but it did not go down well with anyone.

I feel sad that he spends most of his time alone..at an old age..its always better to have some romantic love...no need fo sex but having a partner that spends loving time with us erases the need of drowning our sorrows with Sahasranamams.

Yes...I am dead serious about making seniors feel appreciated.

Once before an elderly senior from a different community and religion was depressed becos her oldie husband remarried.

I told her to find love again..she did and she is happy now.

The human mind feels better when there is a personal form of love not just group effort..group effort is too impersonal like how a maid or an organization looks after old people...there is no Bhakti and Bhava in an impersonal form of attention..that is why all those in old age homes die an unhappy death.

If they seems happy its becos they got used to faking it.

If you dont believe me ask any of the inmates at your centre if they are truly happy..believe me if they could pen their thoughts of sorrow that would become a Sahasranamam itself.

BTW I am a one person army..I handle all post myself..Dont really need a brigade for in this world..one comes alone..and finally goes alone.

Let the Games begin...Rio Olympics has started...so let the replies and feedback Samba too.

Magizhchi.

Doctor Mam,

You seems to have misunderstood my posting.

Who said it is 24 X 7 ??

These are all programmes covering just for a couple of hours. And I have never mentioned anywhere 24 X 7. But you have mentioned it.

We all believe that such practise of chanting mantras and slokas regularly in groups units various aspects like body, mind, breath, etc. Such activity promotes our health and really create a harmonious and joyful existence.

We also believe that "heyam dukam anagaatam' so that elderly can avoid misery that has not come and stay fit and healthy.

Spending a couple of hours can be defined either relaxation, meditation, yoga etc in deed.!!

Taking the mind off from the routine.

And that does not mean that one is chanting the mantras all the 24 hours as has been presumed by you. And how can this possible?

Your mention of taking these senior citizen for dating.. etc are thoughts beyond..... Of course any one who is serious are free to follow.

I think absolutely there is no need for your uncalled for suggestions.

It may not be India-Vs-Malaysia, but a mind from Malaysia commenting on certain practises of a group in India.

It may be, suggestions -Vs- existing practises.

I strictly object to such suggestions which I would like to record here.

Please keep pouring such suggestions...if you find 'Mazhichi'

It is your opinion and I am wholeheartedly prepared to ignore

3-Digital-Marketing-Strategies-you-Should-Not-Ignore.jpg

Kabali....Anniyan... etc etc nice to cover up. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sir,

My answers in black.

Your mention of taking these senior citizen for dating.. etc are thoughts beyond..... Of course any one who is serious are free to follow.

Thank you for consenting for senior citizens for dating,remarriage etc.

I appreciate your deep concern and understanding for human needs.

I think absolutely there is no need for your uncalled for suggestions.

Dear sir...just like I accept your opinions and may not always agree with it but never a time have I told you or anyone else that there is no need for uncalled for suggestion.

My dear sir..the world is made up of different thoughts,expressions and opinions..we might not agree or even believe in everything another says but you can't deny freedom of expression of another person just becos you it does not jive with your neuronal alignment.

So live and let live..I feel everyone is entitled to suggestions..there is nothing in this world which is uncalled for.

It may not be India-Vs-Malaysia, but a mind from Malaysia commenting on certain practises of a group in India.

Well...its not Msian mind Vs Indian practices...after all satsang,bhajans,seva and meditation too are common practices here.

I have a different view of life...I feel most people do as they please when young and then try to become Holy at an old age thinking that will make them attain Moksha.

A case of Nau Sau Chuhe Khake Billi Ko Haj Chali...that is not Moksha.

I think you can read in between lines well.

I feel its always better that personal needs are well attended becos in Satsang mostly people try to be what they are not to keep up with the Spiritual Kardashians...true feelings and problems are NEVER EVER addressed.

Again...this is my personal opinion...feel free to disagree.

It may be, suggestions -Vs- existing practises.

If you like it to see it that way...its fine with me.

I strictly object to such suggestions which I would like to record here.

You can object as much as you please....that is fine with me.Its your freedom of expression.

I do not object to even you objecting me for I give you and also myself the freedom of expression.

In life we have to remember that we can NOT rule anyone.

For its Oruvan Oruvan Muthalaai Ulagil Matravan Thozhilaali!

Toh Hum Log Aam Aadmi Hain..Koi Devta Nahi Hain.

Please keep pouring such suggestions...if you find 'Mazhichi'

Thank you...yes..Its Mazhichi all the way.

It is your opinion and I am wholeheartedly prepared to ignore.

Thank you..finally you understand freedom of expression.

Kabali....Anniyan... etc etc nice to cover up. lol

Nope...Its not cover up...Nerrupu Sir!LOL

Last edited:

Doctor Mam,

Such Neruppu is not new to us. We have been handling Neruppu daily in our Homam (Agni). It is we who handle this Neruppu and it is obedient and we know how to control it. lol

dear Sir,

But its 24/7 praying as a form of entertainment..after all how much chanting of any shloka that can give entertainment to the human mind.

Oldies should be taken out for outings...watch romantic movies..those who are widowed can be encouraged to make friends with fellow available Oldies...get oldies married too...Introduce romance..oldie dating too..its never too late to fall in love over again and again.

I hope they got to watch Kabali....Oldies need entertainment and not prayer alone.

I am not a member who write something in the morning in another devine thread and something strange in the evening in another thread.

Most of us are associated with various spiritual Organisations and one of which is Bhagwan Sathya Sai who has prescribed the following code of conduct among other guidelines:

Sathya Sai Baba has proclaimed the Nine Point Code of Conduct as guidance for spiritual and personal development.

"It is the Code of Conduct which is responsible for the Organisation moving forward, growing from strength to strength. The office bearers should exercise maximum care to see that the Code of Conduct is adhered to and guide others also in the right path... There should be no scramble for power or position. What matters is the purity, intensity of devotion and the spirit of self sacrifice."
- Baba

Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba while placing the Sai movement throughout the world on a firm footing with established Universal principles such as those shown below has also proclaimed as a guiding light for a devotee's spiritual and personal development-the Nine Point Code of Conduct and the Ten Principles.

At the First Overseas Convention of Chairpersons of Sai Centers, held in Prashanthi Nilayam in November 1998, delegates were asked to have their Centers conduct a study circle on the Nine-Point Code of Conduct.

Nine-Point Code of Conduct

Center members are expected to do their best to practice the Nine-Point Code of Conduct in order to be examples of Sathya Sai Baba's teachings.

1. Daily meditation and prayer (Jap).
2. Group devotional singing (bhajan) or prayer with family members once a week.
3. Participation in Sai Spiritual Education (Bal Vikas Programme) by children of the family.
4. Participation in community service work and other programs of the organization.
5. Regular attendance at the Center's devotional meetings (Bhajan or Nagar Sankirtan).
6. Regular study of Sathya Sai Baba literature.
7. The use of soft, loving speech with everyone.
8. Not speaking ill of others, especially in their absence.
9. Narayana Seva. Practice placing a ceiling on desires - consciously and continuously strive to eliminate the tendency to waste time, money, food and energy - and utilize the savings for service to mankind.

"The Sai Organisations have been enjoined to carry out a programme of ceiling on desires. Everyone should try to control desires as much as possible. The promotion of human values is another item in the programme. These human values are inherent in every person. All that is needed is, for everyone to manifest them in his daily life. Truth, Righteousness and Peace are all in you. You are embodiments of Truth, Peace, Love and God. Recognise this fact."

Source:
http://www.saibaba.ws/teachings/ninepointcodeofconduct.htm

P.S: As for outing the members organise and avail pilgrimate to different 'Shetras' frequently and Namasangeerthanam is one of their entertainments.
While we are striving to detach ourselves as per the preachings of Bhagwan particularly from wordly desires, you are prescribing ................................. which are ....................................

I believe Bhagwan, if he is still living as few believe, hope is reading all our postings.... :)

Dear Sir,

Answers in Black.

Doctor Mam,

Such Neruppu is not new to us. We have been handling Neruppu daily in our Homam (Agni). It is we who handle this Neruppu and it is obedient and we know how to control it. lol

There are 2 forms Fire takes...

1) The Friend Fire which ONLY a True Full Fledged Agni Hotr Priest can handle.

2)The Foe which ONLY a Firefighter can handle.

The rest of the world and BrAhma Bandus only handle the gas stove at home!LOL

I believe Bhagwan, if he is still living as few believe, hope is reading all our postings.... :)

IF?
Oye Sir...You need Satsang for Chapter 2 of Bhagavad Geeta yaar.

There is no such thing IF anyone or anything lives or dies..for its:

TEXT 20
na jayate mriyate va kadacin
nayam bhutva bhavita va na bhuyah
ajo nityah sasvato 'yam purano
na hanyate hanyamane sarire

TRANSLATION
For the soul there is never birth nor death. Nor, having once been, does he ever cease to be. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing, undying and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.

I will see you next week...I have to attend a seminar this weekend..meanwhile you continue your Agneepath and reduce to ashes every Non Holy entity in Forum...But don't forget to read BG Chapter 2 Ok...I have to go choose what to wear for the seminar...which shoes to wear..which shade of nail polish to wear...see you next week...Bye bye...take care.

Last edited:
Dear Sir,

I will see you next week...I have to attend a seminar this weekend..meanwhile you continue your Agneepath and reduce to ashes every Non Holy entity in Forum...But don't forget to read BG Chapter 2 Ok...I have to go choose what to wear for the seminar...which shoes to wear..which shade of nail polish to wear...see you next week...Bye bye...take care.

Doctor Mam,

Have a nice time and nice Seminar.

BTW, please enlighten me with the knowledge I am longing, as to how to reduce to ash every Non Holy entity in this Forum.

Any way, who are holy and who are unholy...?

A holy may come here and write as though he is actually unholy and vice versa.

One cannot judge other by what one write in this Forum.

What is important is what one believes.

When I am not a owner of this Forum, how can I muzzle the voice of others..?

Any way, glory to Expression of Freedom. lol

Reading BG Chapter 2 is one thing and practising BG in real life is a different thing.

I believe in the second one.

Good day

In olden days there used to be unique ways to insult others.

If one is not very bright they are called Panditha-putra - meaning 'son of a learned person'!

Similarly Brahma- bandu means relations of (true) brahmanas meaning those who are not :)

At least the level of name calling has been escalated LoL

If you dont believe me ask any of the inmates at your centre if they are truly happy..believe me if they could pen their thoughts of sorrow that would become a Sahasranamam itself.

Why to ask the inmates....

Ask your self ....? Are you truely happy....??

Or just ask the members of this Forum..?

Every one could pen their thoughts ...

I can say that there can be no one without a bit of sorrow

Each one enjoy happiness and also suffer with some misery

And we talk about BG and Karma...

And that does not mean, everyone who suffer sorrow need to go through dating......getting remarried .. falling in love and love again......

This happens to be a new 'Ubedesham'

May be highly ridiculous...... for some

Anyway you said and it is on record here.....

Let them go through your postings

And let your arguments be restricted to this Forum...

And if one goes preaching like this with general public, I don't think that it may turn to see, a sea of senior citizen rushing for dating.... but can say there may be some trying to throw brickbats also. lol

P.S: I am prone to take different avatars..... May be Ambi for docile group and Anniyan for Rebel group.. LOL And the choice is my right.

What is important is to go to bed at everynight with a peace of mind and with a feeling that
we are cared for and supported.

Doctor Mam,

We were taught by our parents to follow certain principles in life, though not strictly at least to possible extent besides the guidelines prescribed in the ancient texts and puranas:

And one among them being Chaturashrama .. the four stages of life viz. (1) Brahmacharya (2) Grihastha.. (3) Vanaprastha finally (4) Sanyana a stage complete renunciation and dedication to spiritual path.

And what is Vanaprashta ..when one passes through the age of 50 – 74, he needs to handover household responsibilities to the next generation and taking an advisory role in the family, in other words withering from desires, attachments, lust, etc slowly

It is considered as a transition phase from household’s life with greater emphasis on Artha and Kama (Wealth, Security pleasure and sexual pursuit) and march towards moksha (Special liberation).

And this is what we are trying to practice and your suggetion to go for dating especially at the old age, and getting remarried and falling on love again and again are aimed at something to hurt the sentments and practices of a paricular section. Are you anyway biased with our practice and prejudiced with our principles ..? Why then such a posting making uncalled for suggestions.

You conveniently forget this is a Brahmin Forum and come here to pass quite damaging suggestions and trying to glorify 'Freedom of Expression', Neruppu, Mazhichi, etc etc

What do you expect is that you will go on write some disparaging suggestions and that no one should question your act.

And your arguing on an 'assumed statement'. (24 X 7 Praying) is strange. Where do I said 24 X 7 praying. If is your own presumtion and you srarted to argue based on that.

Let the rhetoric grow but not in ugly direction...
:nono:

P.S: Our prayers to all

Om Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah
Sarve Santu Nir-Aamayaah |
Sarve Bhadraanni Pashyantu
Maa Kashcid-Duhkha-Bhaag-Bhavet |
Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

A colleague's father became ill-tempered after retirement as he was not the axis of the family anymore. Even with those who accorded him the pre-retirement treatment.

Some of the elderly in my family indulge in books, social meets, spiritual discourses etc, apart from regular talks with their children.

Some others are into poojas, and then sometime spent on television.

There is a relative who is still active in stock market (post retirement); he is highly intelluctual too.

I see around me, in our area in coimbatore, and most of the persons have a very defined way of thinking. Much of what they do is defined by what they were during their younger days (afaik). I am close to a few others in my work place who are above 60 and who feel unsettled if they go back to India. The are not overly spiritual and enjoy the occasional dose of the other spirit. Their minds are much different from those whom I have sketched above.

It is just a matter of what suits one the most. For many Indians, old age brings with it problems of health, and a bit of a depression. The thought of inching closer to the expiry date, the feeling of aloofness from children as they have their own family setup, a sense of things not going according to plan... looking back at the donkey's years, a sense of exhaustion takes over. The flaccid mind gets drawn, more so now, towards religion. Romance is practically drained off in such cases.

For those who have maintained a healthy lifestyle and moderately indulging in the pleasures of life, age is not at all a barrier. They see the bright side of things, and do not become dependent on anybody. Life is an open book for them.... chapters still left unwritten.

A colleague's father became ill-tempered after retirement as he was not the axis of the family anymore. .............
Very true! Many retired persons become like Kabali and dear Renu calls it 'Kabalization'! :D

Remember the movie Vietnam veedu and Prestige Padmanabhan? :drama:

There are rearest of rare cases and one cannot generalise.

Forum also needs more Vietnam veedu and Prestige Padmanabhans and Sandai Kozhies too.

Else

கொஞ்சம் அசந்தா... காதுல பூ சுத்திடுவாங்கப்பா ..

தினமும் நாம பாக்கரமில்ல
biggrin.png

Whether it is Kabalization OR Guduguduppaikkaran

We know how to handle the harsh and reckless

Our style is TERMINATOR .... RAMBO......

rambo-1.jpg

Verbal shouting and huge C n P images are wasting lot of cyberspace! :tsk:

But our moderator is very patient! :thumb:

b94a4c2d6cdfc6725011d930efc13824.jpg

7f1585aefc2b1a7f2c7bc99fb0df690f.jpg

Respect them... don't suggest them to go for dating..... don't suggest them to get remarried.... and don't suggest them to fall in love again and again against their will. They are best judges and they know what they want.

Ssource: Google images.

My dad used to say often, 'Don't advise anyone! The wise don't need it and others won't take it!'

How very true! :thumb:

:focus:

Many elderly people want others to listen to them all the time but seldom it happens! :sad:
Some also have hearing problems and can't understand what others around are talking about! :decision:
How many youngsters are keen in listening to oldies? Hence the listeners are to be paid! :popcorn:

I am also equally patient with some of the members

I know what is wise and fearless

I have trained my guns against the harsh and the reckless

While some are fond in abundant use of Icons, few are fond of images....

They are Images that speak thousand words and wise knows that.

And I am against crocodile tears

Crocodile-Tears-L.jpg

Source: Google images

My dad used to say often, 'Don't advise anyone! The wise don't need it and others won't take it!'

My dad used to say often fight for the right.

7a2eb70f34a9d8bf0c373effe15668e2.jpg

Dear Mr. Bala ( # 25,Ref of Dr Renuka/ # 33 of Bala
Let me, analyse, the views written by you & that of Dr. Renuka. It is a fact that Dr Renuka has taken the full liberty to offer her comments in every disputable Topics in this Tamil Brahmins Forum for many years.She confesses that she does not differentiate bet ween General discussions & chit-chat & write her comments, mostly ,contradicting the majority views . In the current Topic , she has taken a stand, intentionally not to appreciate the Indians way of life , esp. that of Tamil brahmins with the reality of older people in India, having deep rooted faith in spirituality , finding solace in the evening of their lives.

We Tamil brahmins ,always respect old , aged men who never have thoughts of present day entertainments ( they had already enjoyed in their life & now pay attention to shape the younger people in their family ) Whatever is advocated by Dr. Renuka is totally out of place & as I know her (having inter-acted in a few a few Topics , few years back ) her opinions are that of Malysia or other similar countries , including Japan, where Sr citizens having life different from that of Tamil Brahmins/ which has become the Topic now ? )
Though she has spiritual bent of mind , besides being a Practicing Dr. for many years & not having Full knowledge of Tamil Brahmins way of life , takes the liberty to , not only offer unpalatable Comments / which ,we are not able to digest ? Her habit is that she cannot resist her thoughts , whenever any Topic comes up in this Forum, & invariably start commenting , though she may not have intricate knowledge on the Topic. Being a Long time Veteran, Members give weight to her comments right or wrong ? the other Female , Veterans of this forum join her invariably & offer comments . positive or negative ?
Dear Mr Balu & other Members, who may not agree with Dr Renuka's negative opinions, i may say, not to complicate the topic by writing more & more . may stop writing comments, when it goes beyond usefulness.

( Rishikesan ) A. Srinivasan

A colleague's father became ill-tempered after retirement as he was not the axis of the family anymore. Even with those who accorded him the pre-retirement treatment.

Some of the elderly in my family indulge in books, social meets, spiritual discourses etc, apart from regular talks with their children.

Some others are into poojas, and then sometime spent on television.

There is a relative who is still active in stock market (post retirement); he is highly intelluctual too.

I see around me, in our area in coimbatore, and most of the persons have a very defined way of thinking. Much of what they do is defined by what they were during their younger days (afaik). I am close to a few others in my work place who are above 60 and who feel unsettled if they go back to India. The are not overly spiritual and enjoy the occasional dose of the other spirit. Their minds are much different from those whom I have sketched above.

It is just a matter of what suits one the most. For many Indians, old age brings with it problems of health, and a bit of a depression. The thought of inching closer to the expiry date, the feeling of aloofness from children as they have their own family setup, a sense of things not going according to plan... looking back at the donkey's years, a sense of exhaustion takes over. The flaccid mind gets drawn, more so now, towards religion. Romance is practically drained off in such cases.

For those who have maintained a healthy lifestyle and moderately indulging in the pleasures of life, age is not at all a barrier. They see the bright side of things, and do not become dependent on anybody. Life is an open book for them.... chapters still left unwritten.
My upvote for you.

Yours is the most balanced and realistic post.

Keep it up.
Krish44

Let me, analyse, the views written by you & that of Dr. Renuka. It is a fact that Dr Renuka has taken the full liberty to offer her comments in every disputable Topics in this Tamil Brahmins Forum for many years.She confesses that she does not differentiate bet ween General discussions & chit-chat & write her comments, mostly ,contradicting the majority views . In the current Topic , she has taken a stand, intentionally not to appreciate the Indians way of life , esp. that of Tamil brahmins with the reality of older people in India, having deep rooted faith in spirituality , finding solace in the evening of their lives.

We Tamil brahmins ,always respect old , aged men who never have thoughts of present day entertainments ( they had already enjoyed in their life & now pay attention to shape the younger people in their family ) Whatever is advocated by Dr. Renuka is totally out of place & as I know her (having inter-acted in a few a few Topics , few years back ) her opinions are that of Malysia or other similar countries , including Japan, where Sr citizens having life different from that of Tamil Brahmins/ which has become the Topic now ? )
Though she has spiritual bent of mind , besides being a Practicing Dr. for many years & not having Full knowledge of Tamil Brahmins way of life , takes the liberty to , not only offer unpalatable Comments / which ,we are not able to digest ? Her habit is that she cannot resist her thoughts , whenever any Topic comes up in this Forum, & invariably start commenting , though she may not have intricate knowledge on the Topic. Being a Long time Veteran, Members give weight to her comments right or wrong ? the other Female , Veterans of this forum join her invariably & offer comments . positive or negative ?
Dear Mr Balu & other Members, who may not agree with Dr Renuka's negative opinions, i may say, not to complicate the topic by writing more & more . may stop writing comments, when it goes beyond usefulness.

Rishikesanji
Any senior aged person belonging to any community ,state, country have issues - both medical and non medical that have nothing repeat nothing to do with caste or

religion .

To say that as a tamil brahmin you feel offended and pulling the caste card to settle scores with someone shows a poor mindset.

Dr renuka is a veteran who is knowledgeable on various issues concerning medical problems and has also has a religeous bent of mind.

She is an asset to this forum..

Members give attention to her posts for that reason.

You have also commented on other women of this forum.

These are in bad taste.

It is just a matter of what suits one the most. .

This I agree.

Other members should also realise, reciprocate and respect elders and their choice of religious practices.

Rishikesanji
Any senior aged person belonging to any community ,state, country have issues - both medical and non medical that have nothing repeat nothing to do with caste or

religion .

To say that as a tamil brahmin you feel offended and pulling the caste card to settle scores with someone shows a poor mindset.

Dr renuka is a veteran who is knowledgeable on various issues concerning medical problems and has also has a religeous bent of mind.

She is an asset to this forum..

Members give attention to her posts for that reason.

You have also commented on other women of this forum.

These are in bad taste.

Just read that Bats see the world upside down.

Here we have few who see everything upside down

Every senior aged person belonging to any community, state, country may have issues - both medical and non medical that have nothing repeat nothing to do in this Forum.

Here we have ‘Freedom of Expression’, but there is ‘Lakman Rekha’ too. One should ensure that he respects other feelings, practices, sentiments, etc and be reasonable, wise and fair in his judgements

Here most of the members are veteran and each one is unique in his one way. And none is a privileged one and what is expected in everyone is to maintain the ‘Lakshman Rekha’.

If these are all bad in taste, then why the Moderator deleted those suggestions? Do you have any explanation for this..?

In fact such glorifying a particular member is bad in taste.

BTW one should not forget that the title of the Forum is "Tamil Brahmins Forum" and it is not Tamil ................ Forum.

Can any one question the owner for that matter. ?

EVeryone is a guest .... one should mind that always.

I would like to record my thanks to the Moderator who has rightly deleted those suggestions considering my representation.

I also thank Mr. Rishikesan Ji who spoke through his heart and supported my stand.

Morale: One cannot take advantage of the ammunition ‘Freedom of Expression’.

Let this be an ‘eye-opener’ for the Brigade.

Let them stop PREACHING and atleast start acting fairly.

A more deserving C n P to be shared in this thread...

எதிர்கால முதியவர்களுக்கு...

சுதந்திர இந்தியா சாதித்துள்ள எத்தனையோ விஷயங்களில் குறிப்பிடத்தக்க ஒன்று ஆயுள் நீட்டிப்பு ஆகும்.

1960-களில் இந்தியரின் சராசரி ஆயுள்காலம் 42 ஆண்டுகளாக இருந்ததென்றும், அது கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக முன்னேறி இப்போது
சுமார் 66 ஆண்டுகளைத் தொட்டிருப்பதாகவும் மத்திய அரசின் சுகாதாரம் மற்றும் குடும்பநலத் துறை அறிக்கை தெரிவிக்கிறது.
மருத்துவ வசதிகளின் பெருக்கம், மருத்துவமனைகளின் பரவல், தீவிரத் தொற்று நோய் ஒழிப்பு இயக்கங்கள், ஊட்டச்சத்து மிக்க உணவு ஆகிய பல காரணிகளால் ஓர் இந்தியக் குடிமகனின் சராசரி ஆயுள் இந்த அளவுக்கு நீட்டிக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது.
எல்லாம் சரி!

நீட்டிக்கப்பட்டிருக்கும் அந்த ஆயுள் நிம்மதியான வாழ்வுக்கு வழிவகை செய்திருக்கிறதா என்றால், இல்லை என்பதே அதற்கான விடையாக இருக்கும்.

இரண்டில் ஒரு முதியவர் ஆதரவின்றி இருப்பதாகவும், மூன்றில் ஒரு முதியவர் வசைச் சொற்களுக்கு ஆளாவதாகவும், நான்கில் ஒரு முதியவர்
மன உளைச்சலுக்கு ஆளாகியிருப்பதாகவும், அறுபது சதவீதத்திற்கும் மேற்பட்ட முதியவர்கள் தங்கள் மகன்-மருமகள் உள்ளிட்ட நெருங்கிய உறவினர்களிடம் வசைச்சொல் கேட்பவர்களாகவும் இருப்பதாக இன்னோர் ஆய்வுத்தரவு எடுத்துக் கூறுகிறது.

கண்பார்வைக் கோளாறு, மூட்டுவலி இல்லாத முதியோரைப் பார்ப்பதே அரிது எனலாம்.

உழைக்கும் வலிமையின்றி, வருமானமும் வறண்டு போன நிலையில் இருக்கும் முதிய வயதினரை அவர்களது குடும்பத்தினர்களே சுமையாகக் கருதும் காலம் இது.

முன்னெப்போதும் இல்லாத அளவுக்கு முதியோர் இல்லங்கள் பெருகியிருப்பது ஒன்றே இன்றைய இந்தியக் குடும்பங்களில் முதியோர் பெறும் முக்கியத்துவத்தை உணர்த்தும்.

தமிழ்நாட்டில் கோயமுத்தூர் மாவட்டத்தில் மட்டும் 33 முதியோர் இல்லங்கள் இருக்கின்றன என்றால், நாடு முழுவதும் எத்தனை முதியோர் இல்லங்கள் இருக்கக் கூடும் என்பதைச் சொல்லத் தேவையில்லை.

வருமானம் ஏதுமில்லாத முதியோர்கள் மட்டும்தான் புறக்கணிப்புக்கு ஆளாவதாகக் கூறிவிடவும் முடியாது.

சொத்து சுகம், ஓய்வூதியம் போன்றவற்றைப் பெற்றிருக்கின்ற முதியோர்களும்கூட இத்தகைய புறக்கணிப்பிறகு ஆளாகின்றனர்.

ஓய்வூதியமும் சுமார் 30 சதவீதத்திற்கும் குறைவானவர்களுக்கே கிடைக்கிறது என்பது ஒருபுறமிருக்க, புதிய தலைமுறை மத்திய-மாநில அரசு ஊழியர்களுக்கு அந்தச் சலுகை நீட்டிக்கப்படுமா என்பது கேள்விக்குறியாக உள்ளது.

பழைய ஓய்வூதியம் தொடர வேண்டுமென்ற கோரிக்கையே இப்போது

அரசு ஊழியர்கள் முன்வைக்கும் முக்கியக் கோரிக்கையாகிவிட்டது.

நிதிச்சுமையைக் காரணம் காட்டி ஓய்வூதியக் குறைப்பு அல்லது தவிர்ப்பு என்ற நிலைமையை நோக்கியே மத்திய அரசு மற்றும் பல மாநில அரசுகளும் பயணிக்கின்றன.

நான் நீண்ட காலமாக வழிபடச் செல்லும் ஒரு கோயிலின் வாசலில் சுமார் 70 வயதுள்ள, படிப்பு வாசனை உள்ளவர்போல் தோற்றமுள்ள ஒரு பெண்மணி பிச்சை எடுப்பது வழக்கம்.

ஒவ்வொரு மாதத்தின் முதல் ஓரிரண்டு நாள்கள் மட்டும் பிச்சை எடுக்க அந்தப் பெண்மணி வருவதில்லை. ஏன் என்று விசாரித்ததில், கிடைத்த தகவல் அதிர வைத்தது.

உண்மையில் அந்தப் பெண்மணி ஓர் ஓய்வு பெற்ற ஆரம்பப் பள்ளி ஆசிரியை.

அவருடைய ஒரே அருமை மகன், மாதத்தின் முதலிரண்டு நாள்கள் மட்டும் அவரைத் தன் வீட்டுக்கு அழைத்துப்போய், சாப்பாடு போட்டு, அவரது ஓய்வூதியப் பணத்தை முழுவதுமாக வாங்கிக்கொண்டு, பிறகு அந்தக் கோயிலின் வாசலில் மறுபடியும் பிச்சை எடுக்கச் சொல்லிக் கொண்டு வந்து விட்டுவிடுகிறானாம்.

இன்னொரு காட்சி, கோயமுத்தூரைச் சேர்ந்த 77 வயது முதியவர்.

இவர் ஓர் ஓய்வூதியம் பெறும் அரசு ஊழியர்.

இவருக்கு இரண்டு மகன்கள் மற்றும் ஒரு மகள்.

அனைவரும் திருமணமானவர்கள்.

பெற்றெடுத்த செல்வங்களுக்குச் செய்ய வேண்டிய கடமைகளை எல்லாம் செய்து முடித்துவிட்ட திருப்தியுடன் தம்முடைய மனைவியுடன் தனியே வசித்து வந்தார் அந்த முதியவர்.

சில மாதங்களுக்கு முன்பு மனைவியும் காலமாகி விட்டார்.

முதுமையின் காரணமாகத் தன்னைத் தானே கவனித்துக் கொள்ள முடியாத நிலையில், தம்முடைய இரண்டு மகன்கள் மற்றும் மகளை அழைத்து, தன்னை அவர்களுடன் வைத்துக் கொள்ளும்படிக் கேட்டிருக்கிறார்.

இத்தனைக்கும் அவரது பராமரிப்புக்கு வேண்டிய பணம் அவரது ஓய்வூதியம் மூலமாகவே கிடைத்துவிடும்.

ஆனாலும், அவரை ஏற்க மறுத்த அவருடைய வாரிசுகள், அவரை ஒரு முதியோர் இல்லத்தில் சேரும்படிக் கூறிவிட்டு அவரவர் வீடு
திரும்பியிருக்கிறார்கள்.

மன உளைச்சலில் இருந்த அந்த முதியவர் சென்ற வாரம் தற்கொலை செய்து கொண்டார்.
ஓய்வூதியம் என்ற பாதுகாப்பு இருந்தும் மேற்படி பெண்மணிக்கும், முதியவருக்கும் உறவினரின் ஆதரவு கிடைக்கவில்லை என்பதே இங்கு அறிய வேண்டியது.

இவை எல்லாம் அங்கொன்றும் இங்கொன்றுமாக நடைபெறுவதுதான் என்றாலும், ஒவ்வொரு வீட்டிலும் வயது முதிர்ந்தவர்களை வேண்டாத பாரமாகக் கருதும் போக்கு முன்னெப்போதையும்விட அதிகரித்து வருகிறது என்பதே உண்மை.

இதைத்தவிர, இன்னொரு உண்மையையும் நினைத்துப் பார்க்க வேண்டியுள்ளது.

இன்றைய இளம் பிராயத்தினர் நாம் அனைவரும் முதுமையை அடைந்தே தீர வேண்டும்.

இன்றைய முதியவர்களுக்கு நேர்வதைத்தான், இன்றைய இளைஞர்களாகிய நாம் நம்முடைய முதுமைப் பிராயத்தில் சந்திக்கவேண்டி இருக்கும்.

தங்களது எதிர்கால நலத்துக்காக அதாவது சுயநலத்துக்காகவேனும் நம்மைப் பெற்றவர்களைக் கைவிடாமல் இருக்க முயற்சிக்க வேண்டும்.

ஏனெனில், நாம் நம் பெற்றோருக்குச் செய்யும் எல்லாவற்றையும் நம் வாரிசுகள் கவனித்துக்கொண்டுதான் இருக்கிறார்கள்

Source: Anantha Narayanan / Face book

hqdefault.jpg

P.S: Respect them.... take care of them ... support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back