• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Japanese 'rent men' who are paid just to listen

Status
Not open for further replies.

tks

Tokyo (AFP) - From lonely pensioners to Japanese schoolgirls with shattered dreams, Takanobu Nishimoto and his crew of middle-aged men will lend an ear to clients who would never dream of spilling their guts to a therapist or worse, their families.

Anyone in need of company can sign up to his online service to rent an "ossan" -- a man aged between 45 and 55 -- for 1,000 yen ($10) an hour.

"For me, the service is a hobby more than anything," says Nishimoto, who first came up with the concept four years ago and who now has a growing network of some 60 men across Japan.

"The initial idea was to improve the image of guys my age, people who might not be spring chickens anymore and not taken so seriously."

And while the 48-year-old professional fashion coordinator is used to renting himself out, he insists conversation is all he offers to between 30 and 40 clients a month, roughly 70 percent of whom are women.

"The people who rent me are just asking me to keep them company for an hour or two, mainly to listen to them," he tells AFP between sessions, giving the example of a woman in her 80s who would book him every week for a walk around the local park.

"I almost became like her son," he says.

Other clients include a fisherman who was sick of waiting in solitary silence for a catch, a college student with ambitions to get into show business but who lacked family support, and an awkward young employee who did not know how to behave around his direct supervisor.

Japan has struggled with problems of social isolation, most notably the phenomenon of "hikikomori" where people, often teens and young adults, refuse to leave the house or engage socially, instead opting to play video games or remain in their rooms.

- 'Express yourself' -

But the people who come to Nishimoto do not suffer from detachment from society or challenges adjusting to it.

Rather, those who use the service say it allows them to forget the expectations of their family and friends and speak freely -- an option which experts say is especially useful in Japan, where social roles can be tightly defined and expectations rigid.

"There's a different 'me' depending on whether I'm with my friends, my family, or my boyfriend," says 24-year-old Nodoka Hyodo after her session with Nishimoto.

She explains: "I create a 'me' in relation to others. Here, all that disappears because I'm talking to someone I don't know -- thanks to him, I feel like I'm understanding myself better."

Psychologist Hiroaki Enomoto stresses that in Japan there are social norms governing what can and can't be said even with close associates.

"When you come up against something new, it might be difficult to talk about this with someone because you might not necessarily have a suitable person in your existing circles," he tells AFP.

"It's difficult to know how to express yourself without bothering someone else."

But by renting an "ossan" the relationship becomes a commercial one and thus follows different rules.

In recent years, a number of agencies have been offering "rent-a-friend" services paid by the hour.

Customers can rent an agency employee as a fake friend, family member, or companion for various occasions such as weddings, funerals and parties. Some use them just to have a conversation partner to ease times of loneliness and isolation in old age.

The married Nishimoto says he has considered stopping the service several times, but found that he needed his clients just as much as they needed him.

"I never know exactly what they're going to ask for when they rent me, and of course that's a bit scary, but it's also why it's so interesting. Honestly, I've never had problems with any weird clients... I've had plenty of emotional experiences."

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/japanese-rent-men-paid-just-listen-045544065.html?ref=gs

=========================================

It seems worldwide, in the modern world human being need others just so they are listened to.
Do you think there is a need for listeners in India?

Japanese generally are considered hierarchical and obedient...Listening, being empathetic are their key strengths..But they do not mix easily..May be that is why they require more listeners

In India each person has its own way of doing things..Not very obedient..Lack listening skills...We are interested in sharing our story & not listening to others...Active listeners are successful people in Corporate world..We are short of listeners..But will we hire strangers to listen to our woes! I don't think so we are geared for that!

That is too much money. In India too we have numerous sales demo campaigns in which most members are paid members for short periods. They know when to clap, to laugh and to raise their hands. Unoriented people make comic scenes by doing things when they were not supposed to so.

In today's world my guess is that there are lots of lonly people especially as people get older.

Of course no one is going to pay anyone to listen to them in India but there could be charitable organization whose mission could be to send people just go and talk to lonely people in 'old people homes'.

We are a nation of talkers ,not listeners.

We require many Hyde parks so that people can speak their heart out.

Not many are lonely.

We are social and sociable and curious about how neighbours live.

We look into their flats, track their visitors, stand in balcony and gossip with neighbours, go to chai or pan shop to get company for talk about ourself besides others.

Our boys are smarter busy trying to engage each other by loud talk , wolf whistles and stalking girls.

we must be noisiest country in the world .

tks Ji,

You are right.

There may be voluntary organisations like the one, link of which is given hereunder:
https://projectheena.com/task/visit-to-orphanage-and-old-age-home
whose volunteers reported to visit the orphanage and old age homes and engage in activities with the inmates like talking to them and listening to them, knowing their problems and spending some time with them.

It is indeed a noble act of volunteers visiting such old age homes, listening to the inmates who are longing for interaction with someone. They will regale such volunteers and share their memories, tales, etc. They will be really immensely pleased to know that there is someone to care for them and listen to their grievances.

Some of the inmates of such old age homes may be financial sound but their life need to be lived and not simply existing. They may be looking for someone to share their happiness, sorrow, exciting experiences, disappointments, etc etc Just trigger their emotion, one may get treasure of information.

One should realize that they are also part of our extended family and where they can go for emotional support?

And last but not the least is that joy of brightening another’s day is really contagious and this has to be experienced.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to share a piece of news article which is more relevant...

Whither dignity?

By PRINCE FREDERICK

"You Speak, We Listen", the grievances cell of Dignity Foundation saw senior citizens express some of their problems. There was also an illuminating talk by actor Charuhasan.

RAMNATH C. Dore was fidgety. "I'll wait for just three more minutes," he threatened. When those three minutes were over, he issued fresh three-minute threats. Dore was not the only one forced to play the waiting game recently at the Andhra Mahila Sabha. There were other senior citizens like him who were also waiting for lawyer-turned-actor Charuhasan, who was to be the chief guest at the Dignity Foundation's "You Speak, We Listen", a grievances forum for senior citizens.

As if he had read the minds of the Dores in the congregation, Charuhasan apologised for having kept "my fellow senior citizens" waiting.

"I have done a number of things late in life. I did not go to school till I was nine years old, because I was suspected of being afflicted with polio. I went straight to class V without having learnt the alphabet. I entered the film industry at 49. My brother (Kamalhasan), who is 25 years younger and my daughter Suhasini, 30 years younger, received the National Awards for acting long before I did," he said. "But, let me tell you that this is the first time I am late for a meeting."

There were more quips from Charuhasan as the event progressed.

"We senior citizens have nothing to worry about. Our country is run by senior citizens. The President, Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister are all senior citizens," he reassured.

But the evening was not all humour; there was pathos, too. Some seniors aired their problems before the panel of experts.

One said he was suffering from insomnia, while another related his misadventures with the pension department. (Incidentally, senior citizens with pension-related problems can contact A.G. Chako, general secretary, All-India Federation of Pensioners' Associations, 22, Kavarai Street, Saidapet West, phone: 3715031.)

Savithri Vaithi, founder member, Vishranthi, said setting up more old age homes for the poor was not the panacea for problems of senior citizens. Society had to help them be self-reliant. Her organisation was involved in a project called "Oondrukol". Volunteers provided rations to needy senior citizens. (Senior citizens can call 4994806 for help.)

Another senior citizen made out a case for ramps at railway stations as most of them suffered from knee-related ailments. There were accounts by elders of how they had been ill-treated by their children who wanted to deprive them of their property.

"My father was active till, at 80, a stroke rendered him bed-ridden. We appointed a 19-year-old nurse to attend on him. One day, the boy treated him roughly. When I was about to punish the boy, one of my brothers stopped me. He said, ``We don't know what the old man did to the boy. He might have provoked him."

Some expressed the view that daughters took better care of their parents than sons.

"A son is a son till he is married, a daughter is a daughter forever," said Charuhasan. "I have three daughters."

"You are blessed!" said a voice from the audience.

Courtesy:
http://www.thehindu.com/thehindu/mp/2002/07/09/stories/2002070900050100.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Sri VB,

Thanks for sharing those references.
Beyond food and shelter human beings want to relate to others. Crying need is really to be understood and listened to.

It is wonderful that there are volunteers providing listening as a service to people who need it the most.

This man died alone in an old age home. What he left behind brought tears to everyone

this-86yearold-man-died-alone-in-an-old-age-home-what-he-left-behind-brought-tears-to-everyones-eyes.img

Loneliness and inability to communicate with others does not know borders. Here is a story about a man who died in an 'old age home'

Source: http://www.speakingtree.in/blog/thi...e-left-behind-brought-tears-to-everyones-eyes

It seemed like a usual nursing home with usual patients. However, in that dull space somewhere there was a man who was beautifully scripting about his life during his last days in a form of heart-touching poem. Mak Filiser, 86, died in the geriatric ward of a nursing home and since he had no visitors, the nurses believed that he left nothing behind of any real value.

But the day a nurse came to clean out Mak’s room after he passed on, everything changed. One of the nurses noticed something. It was a poem that Mak had written. She proceeded to read it and was so floored by his words that she ended up making copies of it and sharing with every employee at the nursing home.

In today's world when children are leaving their parents at old age homes, this should be an eye opener. Our parents and grandparents raise us, care for us, and love us and then one day we forget all about them. The poem is entitled; “Cranky Old Man” and it no doubt give us some very valuable lessons. Take a look…

Cranky Old Man by Mak Filiser

What do you see nurses? What do you see?

What are you thinking…when you’re looking at me?

A cranky old man…not very wise,

Uncertain of habit…with faraway eyes?

Who dribbles his food…and makes no reply.

When you say in a loud voice…I do wish you’d try!’

Who seems not to notice…the things that you do.

And forever is losing…A sock or shoe?

Who, resisting or not…lets you do as you will,

With bathing and feeding…The long day to fill?

Is that what you’re thinking? Is that what you see?

Then open your eyes, nurse…you’re not looking at me.

I’ll tell you who I am . . . . .. As I sit here so still,

As I do at your bidding…as I eat at your will.

I’m a small child of Ten…with a father and mother,

Brothers and sisters…who love one another

A young boy of Sixteen…with wings on his feet

Dreaming that soon now…a lover he’ll meet.

A groom soon at Twenty…my heart gives a leap.

Remembering, the vows…that I promised to keep

At Twenty-Five, now…I have young of my own.

Who need me to guide…And a secure happy home.

A man of Thirty…My young now grown fast,

Bound to each other…With ties that should last.

At Forty, my young sons…have grown and are gone,

But my woman is beside me…to see I don’t mourn.

At Fifty, once more…Babies play ’round my knee,

Again, we know children…My loved one and me.

Dark days are upon me…My wife is now dead.

I look at the future…I shudder with dread.

For my young are all rearing…young of their own.

And I think of the years…And the love that I’ve known.

I’m now an old man…and nature is cruel.

It’s jest to make old age…look like a fool.

The body, it crumbles…grace and vigor, depart.

There is now a stone…where I once had a heart.

But inside this old carcass a young man still dwells,

And now and again…my battered heart swells

I remember the joys…I remember the pain.

And I’m loving and living…life over again.

I think of the years, all too few…gone too fast.

And accept the stark fact…that nothing can last.

So open your eyes, people…open and see.

Not a cranky old man.

Look closer…see…ME!!

tks Ji,

That was a nice one.

And thanks for sharing this poem ‘Cranky old man’.

Some of the lines are really touching.

In old age homes, the nurses are just professionals where one can certain to miss the desired and deserving human touch in their service, I mean, the personal care, compassion, empathy which are all beyond profession.

For these nurses and other service staff, he is just one among the inmates.

He may not have left anything of real value, but a nice poem which should serve as an eye opener to few.

Aging is inevitable and those who are not blessed with kith and kin to take care, their sufferings are inexplicable.

Who are to blame….? Is it the society ….? Or mind set of individuals..?

Of course we have our own theory of Karma to come up again for a heated discussion. And we spend time merrily on discussion. And who knows someday we will be treated like a ‘Cranky old man’ and our mind re-reading this poem.

In developing countries, they may be providing excellent facilities to take care of aged ones, but one can miss something beyond their service, I mean the love, affection, human touch, compassion, etc and these can be expected only from kith and kin who would have already withered their ties with the family.

Now, where to go......? Nowhere to go.......?

Sri VB,

Alien powers that invaded the Indian subcontinent contributed to destruction of a very advanced civilization based on Sanatana Dharma. In those days, my understanding is that there were real Dharmic solutions for many problems we face today.

Though I am not a history buff, our society was based on the principle of non-competitiveness and generational learning.
The Varna and Kula combination assured continuous learning via Guru Kula system on a craft that was perfected over generations of practitioners.

Though there was no public programs, the support of seniors was assured by either the families staying together or by support of a formal stage of living called Sannyasa.

Today, society in India still respects and supports formal Sannyasi lifestyle for most part. They are not mistreated as homeless and wretched.
The joint family concept is falling apart and natural respect of older people is only observed at a cosmetic level these days. One may put an elderly person's name in a marriage invitation while not giving a damn about the person.

Many of the older people tend to become a burden on their children by meddling and by not having worked for their independence.

Forums such as this can help older people to communicate with many across the world. If they did not save enough to have a worry free retirement they have to downsize their living.

They can get more mature by studying our knowledge scriptures which can help reduce some suffering.

Beyond that I am not sure what other avenues exist.

tks Ji

In our place, we have few Associations run by Senior citizen most of whom are retired staff of Accountant General Office, Incometax Department, Reserve Bank of India, Secretariat, both Central and State Governments besides Port Trust, etc

Most of whom are between the age group of 60 to 80, an we do assemble on every Friday to perform Soundarya Lahari chanting and on Saturdays , Manadali members will assemble to perform Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam. Besides, there are groups to perform Abirami Anthathi on Wednesdays and Rudhram Chamakam on Pradosham days.`On Sundays we all meet at Satsang and listen to discourses and thus try to keep engaged and don't feel lonely

One should see how this get-together helps them to share their joy and sorrow, and caring for each others, supporting each other.

If someone fell sick or hospitalized due to accident, etc there will be special prayer arranged, similarly if there is an engagement, etc happy occasion taking place, there will be special prayer. This community share their emotions and feel cheerful lead a happy and peaceful life.

And in most of the house, either the son or daughter will be settled abroad or at outstation.

But we all meet together and try to feel that we are all belongs to an extended family and try to care for each other. And we don't allow caste, colour to disconnect us, language and State to separate us, politics to divide us and wealth to classify us.

It happens in our community network even today.

This is also kind of a nice profession on can get engaged on. Unfortunately we all are good speakers, very little listeners among us!!

Sri VB,

Nice to hear that you have a community of friends that meet and greet regularly and care for each other.
Such kind of communities are needed more and more these days !

hi

generally we TB are more individual achievers than as a community....from childhood...we are motivated individually....

i saw more community oriented are SIKH COMMUNITY.....their COMMUNITY LANGAR very famous in all gurudwaras...

we have to learn from them....we good preachers...not good listerners....

Nice poem by the oldman ...# 8....Thanks TKS ji for sharing this

Equally nice response of VBji...#11....Thanks for sharing this

hi

generally we TB are more individual achievers than as a community....from childhood...we are motivated individually....

i saw more community oriented are SIKH COMMUNITY.....their COMMUNITY LANGAR very famous in all gurudwaras...

Why do we belittle ourselves...Are we not involving the community in sastha preethi or Radha Kalyanam or Vilakku pooja without any caste bias....Are we not doing community service during arupathu moovar festival in mylapore...Even the Brahmins association does Neer mor or Thanneer pandal

Indians do not need someone to listen to them. What they need is someone who will argue with them on anything
There is a potential for good business by those who have cut their teeth arguing here .. I think our temporarily mellowed friend can make a killing ....

Why do we belittle ourselves...Are we not involving the community in sastha preethi or Radha Kalyanam or Vilakku pooja without any caste bias....Are we not doing community service during arupathu moovar festival in mylapore...Even the Brahmins association does Neer mor or Thanneer pandal
hi

are we really united iyers/iyengars?...i think...ONLY IN AVANI AVITTAM....

Hi Sir,

we are united....... Iyers/Iyengards .

Regular conferences are held at different venues periodically

We help poor Brahmin families by conducting samasti upanayanam, samasti vivahas...etc

During the last Conference held at Chennai nearly 1.5 lakh brahmins took part and it was not AVANI AVIITAM. :)

We are just establishing our presence and solidarity

And we have a registered body.. and miles to go....

But before one asking the question of what this body has done to Brahmins, I would like to quote the following:

johnfkennedy109213.jpg

And I am a member of this body....

Hi Sir,

we are united....... Iyers/Iyengards .

Regular conferences are held at different venues periodically

We help poor Brahmin families by conducting samasti upanayanam, samasti vivahas...etc

During the last Conference held at Chennai nearly 1.5 lakh brahmins took part and it was not AVANI AVIITAM. :)

We are just establishing our presence and solidarity

And we have a registered body.. and miles to go....

But before one asking the question of what this body has done to Brahmins, I would like to quote the following:

johnfkennedy109213.jpg

And I am a member of this body....
hi

thanks...i appreciated....but i like to see our community really helping the kids of cooks/priests...especially for

education/weddings.....they need help for both...

Hi Sir,

This Regd. body also takes care of providing opportunities in higher education to our deserving younger generation.

But this facility cannot be extended to all the deserving cases in the community, bcos, the Regd. body has limited resources and with that they try to help only those who approaches them.

hi

Dont be too harsh on yourself TBS garu...I am not a good listener at all!

But I know how to fake as if I am listening!LOL

BTW regarding Sikh Community...I have attended many occasions...believe me no one listens there too...in fact all of them talk loudly at the same time!

tks Ji

In our place, we have few Associations run by Senior citizen most of whom are retired staff of Accountant General Office, Incometax Department, Reserve Bank of India, Secretariat, both Central and State Governments besides Port Trust, etc

Most of whom are between the age group of 60 to 80, an we do assemble on every Friday to perform Soundarya Lahari chanting and on Saturdays , Manadali members will assemble to perform Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam. Besides, there are groups to perform Abirami Anthathi on Wednesdays and Rudhram Chamakam on Pradosham days.`On Sundays we all meet at Satsang and listen to discourses and thus try to keep engaged and don't feel lonely

One should see how this get-together helps them to share their joy and sorrow, and caring for each others, supporting each other.

If someone fell sick or hospitalized due to accident, etc there will be special prayer arranged, similarly if there is an engagement, etc happy occasion taking place, there will be special prayer. This community share their emotions and feel cheerful lead a happy and peaceful life.

And in most of the house, either the son or daughter will be settled abroad or at outstation.

But we all meet together and try to feel that we are all belongs to an extended family and try to care for each other. And we don't allow caste, colour to disconnect us, language and State to separate us, politics to divide us and wealth to classify us.

It happens in our community network even today.

dear Sir,

But its 24/7 praying as a form of entertainment..after all how much chanting of any shloka that can give entertainment to the human mind.

I hope they got to watch Kabali....Oldies need entertainment and not prayer alone.

dear Sir,

But its 24/7 praying as a form of entertainment..after all how much chanting of any shloka that can give entertainment to the human mind.

Oldies should be taken out for outings...watch romantic movies..those who are widowed can be encouraged to make friends with fellow available Oldies...get oldies married too...Introduce romance..oldie dating too..its never too late to fall in love over again and again.

I hope they got to watch Kabali....Oldies need entertainment and not prayer alone.

Doctor Mam,

I would like to remind you two things.

One, you are senior member and most of us respect you.

Secondly, this is in GD Section and certainly not in 'Chit Chat'

Your posting is a disappointing one as I expected more sense and meaningful suggestions.

There is a Chinese saying which goes like this.

‘Store grains against famine and rear sons for help in old age’.

Now why was it said... and are you really serious about the help that meant in the saying is that of taking them for dating, to romantic movies...getting them married and allowing them to fall in love again and again.. etc ??

I just read one article wherein it is reported that in a Malaysian Hospital more particularly in a geriatric ward, it is becoming common to see most of the senior citizen are accompanied by kakak - domestic help workers. But they don’t seem to get remarried, fall in love again and again.

I would like to know whether what has been reported by you are practised by Senior Citizens of Malaysia..??

Or more particularly in your circle....??

And if so, do you feel proud about this...?

If that is the case, fine.

Let them all attain Moksha by watching romantic or even for that matter porn movies also, and those widows may be allowed to marry and wander/loiter with opposite sex. Let them also have more fun and let them go dating all the time whenever their mind needs it and body feels it and let them fall in love again and again till they get tired physically and emotionally.

Allow us to practice, our age old time tested and proved path to moksha ...... don’t try to tempt .... we won’t fall prey..... .

Thanks for all the time spent by a Doctor on such posting and for the ............... suggestions.

Shall be happy to see the video clippings of Malaysia oldies doing all that narrated above by you. I mean seriously.

P.S: I can read between the lines of your posting. :)

Not in good taste.... I wish to pass on these suggestions to other members of this Forum and wait for their feed back and certainly that excludes members of your Brigade. lol

Doctor Mam,

I would like to remind you two things.

One, you are senior member and most of us respect you.

Secondly, this is in GD Section and certainly not in 'Chit Chat'

Your posting is a disappointing one as I expected more sense and meaningful suggestions.

There is a Chinese saying which goes like this.

‘Store grains against famine and rear sons for help in old age’.

Now why was it said... and are you really serious about the help that meant in the saying is that of taking them for dating, to romantic movies...getting them married and allowing them to fall in love again and again.. etc ??

I just read on article that in a Malaysian Hospital more particularly in a geriatric ward, it is becoming common to see most of the senior citizen are accompanied by Kakak - domestic help workers. But they don’t seem to get remarried, fall in love again and again.

I would like to know whether what has been reported by you are practised by Senior Citizens of Malaysia..??

Or more particularly in your circle....??

And if so, do you feel proud about this...?

If that is the case, fine.

Let them all attain Moksha by watching romantic or even for that matter porn movies also, and those widows may be allowed to marry and wander/loiter with opposite sex. Let them also have more fun and let them go dating all the time whenever their mind needs it and body feels it and let them fall in love again and again till they get tired physically and emotionally.

Allow us to practice, our age old time tested and proved path to moksha ...... don’t try to tempt .... we won’t fall prey..... .

Thanks for all the time spent by a Doctor on such posting and for the ............... suggestions.

Shall be happy to see the video clippings of Malaysia oldies doing all that narrated above by you. I mean seriously.

P.S: I can read between the lines of your posting. :)

Not in good taste.... I wish to pass on these suggestions to other members of this Forum and wait for their feed back and certainly that excludes members of your Brigade. lol

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I value your opinion as I usually have a different perspective of each and every post without getting emotional(a rare ability).

Firstly there is need to be disappointed with my reply becos I was not making a comparison between Msia or India in terms of how geriatrics spend their time. It seems you have misunderstood my post as Msia Vs India...I am no Kabali!LOL

I meant every word I wrote.

As a doc I have seen depression in the elderly so I encourage them to go beyond relying on religion and mantras and shlokas as solace for old age.

Why does old age need to be confined with chanting mantras and shlokas without any chance of enjoyment?

There is nothing really wrong in seniors dating for SPIRITUALITY and SEX are interconnected..something you yourself defended and agreed in another thread right here in GD section...not Chit Chat my dear sir...

So get what I mean?

I do not transform myself into a different person in Chit Chat and a different person in GD or even in the Religious threads for that matter.I am the same everywhere.

Why change and be Ambi for GD,Anniyan for for Chit Chat....Na Na Na...Yeh Mera Ishtyle Nahi Hain.

In my circle...I tried to suggest remarriage for my widowed FIL but it did not go down well with anyone.

I feel sad that he spends most of his time alone..at an old age..its always better to have some romantic love...no need fo sex but having a partner that spends loving time with us erases the need of drowning our sorrows with Sahasranamams.

Yes...I am dead serious about making seniors feel appreciated.

Once before an elderly senior from a different community and religion was depressed becos her oldie husband remarried.

I told her to find love again..she did and she is happy now.

Senior remarriage is seen in other communities but Indians its rarely seen..that is why I wish we Indians in any part of the world should embrace the need for a personal form of attention at a senior age if one is alone.

The human mind feels better when there is a personal form of love not just group effort..group effort is too impersonal like how a maid or an organization looks after old people...there is no Bhakti and Bhava in an impersonal form of attention..that is why all those in old age homes die an unhappy death.

If they seems happy its becos they got used to faking it.

If you dont believe me ask any of the inmates at your centre if they are truly happy..believe me if they could pen their thoughts of sorrow that would become a Sahasranamam itself.

BTW I am a one person army..I handle all post myself..Dont really need a brigade neither do I threaten anyone with consequences or play moral police.

Let the Games begin...Rio Olympics has started...so let the replies and feedback Samba too.

BTW Old age does not = Moksha.

Magizhchi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back