• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is corporate culture good for brahmins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brahmins are good whenever they are not after power. But corporates in India is about rat race to power and the Brahmins falter.
sir,

i do not understand what you are trying to get across.

but the gist of it appears, and you may correct me at that, is that brahmins, (not necessarily tamil brahmins), alleviate the situation wherever they go if it is pure research but in management they are of corrupt morals. whatever that may be.

is that what you mean? thank you

Last edited:
It is true that almost all the Scooter Faculty are Brahmins. I do not understand as to how Brahmins degenerate themselves like this. Even Ishwarya Rajinikanth (i.e before her marriage to Dhanush) was desperately serving Management Department of Sathyabhama University. But her sister Soundarya Rajinikanth was different. She was running the Management School of Kanchi University paying paltry to Scooter faculties with ease. I feel in the Family of Half Brahmins produce one Brahmin and not so Brahmin offspring.

The film 'Enthiran' is a product of Corporate Success and now Rajinikanth also has embraced this trick like the North Indian stars for staying as star from above politics.

nsp, rkb,

i see nothing wrong with the scooter faculty. these are perfect examples of darwinism - survival of the fittest. they are prepared to provide service, at the right price, for the right quality, at the right time and the right amount.

the only critics that i hear are from the 'snobs', who feel that these scooter guys have no 'respect' in the world of faculty.

at the iit that i studied the best teachers were not the phds, home grown or otherwise, but the mscs who had the skill to teach. teaching is a gift, possessed by some knowledge imparters, but alien to most of that tribe.

may this tribe increase, and if a majority of them are tambrams, all the more glory to our tribe, i say.

The problem, sir, is that you cannot name these people and confer them the best teacher citation. They are good to you because they were lenient with you in their assessment about you. In reality they are the clan that will not assume responsibility on the career of the students but will never cease to placate them for getting the additional hours. Their existence depends purely on the 'Cost Saving' motive of the management/administration. One cannot justify the survival of a 'Terrorist' by Darwinism. So is it about the 'Scooter Faculty'.

You may be extrapolating your experience (in those good old days!) for arriving at your conclusion. But in reality, these faculty do not deliver anything worth as education today. They are Brahmins mostly and they do not do any justice to the value of their community.
nsp, rkb,

i see nothing wrong with the scooter faculty. these are perfect examples of darwinism - survival of the fittest. they are prepared to provide service, at the right price, for the right quality, at the right time and the right amount.

the only critics that i hear are from the 'snobs', who feel that these scooter guys have no 'respect' in the world of faculty.

at the iit that i studied the best teachers were not the phds, home grown or otherwise, but the mscs who had the skill to teach. teaching is a gift, possessed by some knowledge imparters, but alien to most of that tribe.

may this tribe increase, and if a majority of them are tambrams, all the more glory to our tribe, i say.

We term Scooter Faculties as 'Academic Parasites'. But owing to their age and experience they mean something both for Admission and Placement. A faculty failing in these fronts seldom are retained. In a way these faculties are the reason for abnormal patronage of Brahmins for Management Quota.

the permissiveness and proximity which private sector provides for two sections of human race is causing growth of immorality esp. among brahmin who are most succeptible for that due to their intellectualism.
the easy availability good salaries and jobs near hometown and in urban areas is killing the expeditious nature among us. and so there is growing negligence towards professions like police and administration among brahmin. Though it seems harmless now, results in coming years will be disastrous. so equal emphasis should be given to govt. jobs. If state govt jobs are not possible then brahmin should compete for central govt. jobs. and should join in more and more numbers the IAS, IFS, IPS and academic positions in various central universities.
The total depandance on private sector will turn into addiction and in that conditions the employers may use brahmin as slaves, on their own turms.

Last edited:
The easier way the Brahmins are getting spoilt are through supposed to be Brahmin Corporations. The Brahmin Corporate Leaders, Educationists (Chancellors of Universities that are Deemed to be) show scant regard for fellow Brahmins and do not mind imposing slavery for the paltry they pay. Is there any exception to it from those vouching for a Private Employment?

The Brahmin Corporate Leaders, Educationists (Chancellors of Universities that are Deemed to be) show scant regard for fellow Brahmins and do not mind imposing slavery for the paltry they pay.

I remember , at the start of my Career, I joined a factory as an engineer - run by Tamil Brahmins .There were about 3000 workers in that factory.(The then chair man was a devotee of popular seers)

Each worker was given an increment of 10 paise!(in 1994-1995)

Also I remember how he gave the marriage sweets of his son after 5 days to his domestic servants.(One of the servants told me this first hand)

And some times I understand why NBs hate us!I would too , if I were in their position.

Thanks
Revathi

The pattern is right. All these Brahmin Corporate Leaders pose themselves as ardent devotees of Mutt. They will also be having Mutt connection. They will intimidate all the subordinate Brahmins as if they have every right for it. But they will not raise their finger against NBs and will openly irritate Brahmin employees by proclaiming that they prefer NBs for TBs to exhibit that they are forward thinking. If this forum permits, they can be exposed. The forum should allow members to name them and let these Corporate Leaders explain themselves.

The pattern is right. All these Brahmin Corporate Leaders pose themselves as ardent devotees of Mutt. They will also be having Mutt connection. They will intimidate all the subordinate Brahmins as if they have every right for it. But they will not raise their finger against NBs and will openly irritate Brahmin employees by proclaiming that they prefer NBs for TBs to exhibit that they are forward thinking. If this forum permits, they can be exposed. The forum should allow members to name them and let these Corporate Leaders explain themselves.
Shri NSP,

The deficiencies and serious flaws in our tambrams is known to most of us. I know of one household where they add water to a cup of good coffee (which the members of the household drink) and give the diluted one to the maid servant. Reason? The servant should not enjoy the same quality of coffee as the one they drink! Many such practices emanate from the females and menfolk also are not backward when coming to such "forward" ideas.

I think we should not start naming anyone here in this forum.

We should also be aware that basically tambrams cannot be followers except before some spiritual authority like the heads of mutts or gurujis. Before such spiritual authorities tambrams show - at least outwardly - a little amount of being humble, followers, etc., but in every other sphere it is like the old saying, "a hundred monks and hundred and one religions". Even in a city like Chennai it is not possible for all tambrams to be united and there has been a split recently, I understand.

Our efforts should be to unite a community with such disparate personalities with not a little egos. If possible we should find some individual or small group of people who will be acceptable as central points for the community to unite and work in unison.

What tambrams lack are followers, not leaders, I think. This is where other communities are different and so, successful.

The Mutts had good Control over the Corporate Leaders enjoying its patronage. But all that was spoilt with the arrest of the Mutt head. At the same time the Corporate Leaders were also pressrized by the economy to Liberalize and Globalize. These Chik heads believed that these things meant shedding the Brahmin identity. All the Brahmins in the CA community also concurred it then. The political environment also demanded them to change their identity. Though it is true that the Corporate Leaders behaved ruthlessly against their fellow Brahmins, the truth is that they had no other option. The better way is to name the Corporates that will boldly support for the cause of Brahmins. Unfortunately all I know is only some NBs who have a soft corner for TBs.

sangom,

you are absolutely right re the old ways in which we used to treat servants.

you might remember v.v.giri when he was the vice president of india in the 60s. at that time, one of his children married (arranged, horoscoped) into a tambram family known to me. giri had come to the sambandhi, for dinner. those times were simpler times re security. apart from the driver there was only one military personnel who accompanied the vice head of state.

my friend's family, after everyone had eaten, seated the military guy, who was all along was asked to wait outside, was invited through the back door along with the driver and asked to sit with the servants in the kitchen and was fed along with them.

one of the guests knew something about the stripes adorning the uniform, and it was later after giri left, he told the family that this quiet unassuming uncomplaining sikh soldier was probably lieutenant colonel or major general in the army. not sure what the sikh officer felt all along or his opinion of tambrams of that time.

it was common knowledge among my rich relatives of yore, that the first decoction of coffee to the samaiyakaran and vaalikaran. these woke up early, got access to the fresh milk, and boiled and got the breakfast ready. nothing could be done about them getting the primary coffee. most of those women were either dumb or lazy to care about it either.

by contrast, many canadian families have live in maids particularly foreign girls (usually filipinos) to take care of the babies, while the parents go to work. these maids are treated as part of the family, and eat with the family and in all manners are assumed to be one of them.

my relatives in singapore have maids from india (palghat iyers) or filipino or malay. in all cases, i have seen them well treated, given a separate room for privacy's sake and paid according to singapore govt regulations. i now hear that the maids in india are thinking of forming unions ... . :)

the attitudes are changing, i think fast. my girl cousin in india has a dalit maid, who not only cooks the food, but eats with my cousin and on the whole considered one of the family. such changes in attitudes are long overdue.

sangom,

you might remember v.v.giri when he was the vice president of india in the 60s. at that time, one of his children married (arranged, horoscoped) into a tambram family known to me. giri had come to the sambandhi, for dinner. those times were simpler times re security. apart from the driver there was only one military personnel who accompanied the vice head of state.

my friend's family, after everyone had eaten, seated the military guy, who was all along was asked to wait outside, was invited through the back door along with the driver and asked to sit with the servants in the kitchen and was fed along with them.

one of the guests knew something about the stripes adorning the uniform, and it was later after giri left, he told the family that this quiet unassuming uncomplaining sikh soldier was probably lieutenant colonel or major general in the army. not sure what the sikh officer felt all along or his opinion of tambrams of that time.

Dear Shri Kunjuppu,

It is really a shame that such things happened. But probably VVG and, more so his better half, might not have felt bad. I am saying this because they were also of somewhat similar type. When vvg left Kerala after his stint as Governor, all his household goods were packed in the best available "eeTTi" wooden crates (the ADC then is reported to have told some of his friends that the large number of crates would fetch a real fortune in the market, if sold! Mrs g was so famous for her lavish purchases (mostly jewellery) the bills for which invariably fell on the Dt. Collector!

it was common knowledge among my rich relatives of yore, that the first decoction of coffee to the samaiyakaran and vaalikaran. these woke up early, got access to the fresh milk, and boiled and got the breakfast ready. nothing could be done about them getting the primary coffee. most of those women were either dumb or lazy to care about it either.
Interesting! Some justice though unintended.

by contrast, many canadian families have live in maids particularly foreign girls (usually filipinos) to take care of the babies, while the parents go to work. these maids are treated as part of the family, and eat with the family and in all manners are assumed to be one of them.

my relatives in singapore have maids from india (palghat iyers) or filipino or malay. in all cases, i have seen them well treated, given a separate room for privacy's sake and paid according to singapore govt regulations. i now hear that the maids in india are thinking of forming unions ... . :)

the attitudes are changing, i think fast. my girl cousin in india has a dalit maid, who not only cooks the food, but eats with my cousin and on the whole considered one of the family. such changes in attitudes are long overdue.
These changes are coming, though slowly. But you know, humanity is so complex. The servant maids here in our area are generally derisive towards the (tambram) families who treat the maid servants as equal members and talk about those tambrams as if they are "fallen brahmins"; they may say, for example, "அவர்க்கு ப்ராஹ்மணருடெ சுத்தவும், ஆசாரவும் ஒன்னும் இல்லா" ! The nairs etc., still maintain the distance and status, by and large; even if they are free, it does not evoke similar remarks, because, most of the servant maids are also nair by caste. That is how deep caste is in our society.

lets not make cup of cofee, a cannon against brahmin, here we are providing more and more points for brahmin bashing. Did anyone notice how nbs behave with their servants and what are conditions of child labors in their bussinesses. atleast brahmin give a cup of cofee to them, others give good abuse. it just inhuman. all this cofee cup bussiness here is totally unprecidented and unnecessary.

why we are so dependanat on corporate self proclaimed kings. Is no tb able to join to any central govt. department. it is a negative mindsed spread on brahmin mind that he cannot get a govt. post. a brahmin can do anything if he wishes and works hard, more easily than any other.
the corporations are standing due to honesty and hardwork of mostly brahmin. let them test nature of others. we shouldnt be addicted to private jobs.
there are a lot of central govt. jobs including armed forces for us we should pick that.

Brahmins found themselves in Banks and Public sector and now that has dried up. Post offices and Railways still gives berth for Brahmins but the opportunities are dwindling for all now. Now only the Corporates are the bulk employers and enterprises adopt dubious methods in this regard. None of the Corporates in India depend on real talent for bulk of their positions and so they also indulge in selling their opportunity to those who can pay for it. It happens in various forms and the most common form is by way of Campus Recruitments. Unfortunately we do not have a Campus that ticks for the cause of Brahmin.

A critical number of appointments of right type of people in Government services can instigate support for our community in all walks of life. Nobody need to be addicted to Government jobs as Mr.Hoover would have it. But the community should pride itself about its ability to penetrate the Government opportunities. Individual excellence and merit cannot bring this much needed change.

Nowadays the people like Giri use their influence to get the right people around them for every occassion. We have also treated top securities at our house in those days and there is nothing wrong in the way it happened for Giri's security. If Military can have their custom, we can have our custom. Particularly on the day of Shrardham, there can be no leniancy to custom. We need not adopt the culture of 'hiring your relative' for such trivial things.
sangom,

when a corporate king or vice presidents laptop is gulped by someone, if he indulges in a road rage, or false alligations of misconduct etc. when someone needs a nationality or domicile or character certificate and have to implore to gove. officials and police officials irrespective of his economic status only then one can understand what is govt. job and why should brahmin opt for that.
proposals of billions of dollers of private sector are hanged for just one sign of an IAS in ministry and those who roar before their empolys in corporation start imploration in most lame voice before these beurocarats only then one can understand the importance of govt. service.
In immigration when immigration official starts to question your boy or girl going to study in foreign country, only then you can understand the importance of govt. job.
and equally an custom official when oreders to open up your neatly filled bag only then.................
we will have to be a part of that powerhouse namely government. the highest manmade institution on any geographical area.

Last edited:
Nowadays the people like Giri use their influence to get the right people around them for every occassion. We have also treated top securities at our house in those days and there is nothing wrong in the way it happened for Giri's security. If Military can have their custom, we can have our custom. Particularly on the day of Shrardham, there can be no leniancy to custom. We need not adopt the culture of 'hiring your relative' for such trivial things.

RKB,

nobody was talking about customs and shraddhams here. i think folks are sensitive of the restrictive nature of these functions and do not share the food other than the prescribed folks.

this was an evening dinner.

what i admire, is the posture and dignity of that sikh officer, who would probably command a batallion in the battlefield, to defend india. here, due to sheer ignorance, he had to wait outside and then further, considering the implied indignity by making him sit him the servants.

i will not go into our attitudes towards servants here. but i will definitely pull up giri (long gone now) for atleast not taking care of the officer. they should have known better. it is a simple matter of courtesy and nothing to do with shraddham. please do not imagine phantoms....

sangom,

yes, i used to hear other stories from my friend about vvg. he also is said to have scraped rashtrapathi bhavan empty on the expiry of his term.

re behaving with servants, i think you have to go by situations. a blind embrace to someone who is unwilling or not ready to accept it, i think, could fall flat in the face. after all, caste system, at a personal level, is a two way affair.

just because, the brahmin now says, 'let us forget the past and start anew', does not necessarily mean that the others are willing to do the same. racial memories are long and caste based insults are remembered almost forever.

i know a nadar christian, who is now 100 years removed from the fact that nadar women were not allowed to wear blouses in the old travancore cochin. the memory of that still hurts him, and while he is a gentleman towards everyone, he can get pretty riled up, if someone starts justifying castes.

ofcourse, one way to remove this 'us and they' is to marry between the castes, in which case, this would be a non issue. but then that is another topic, another thread, and judging from some of the reactions, we as a community are not ready. yet.

best wishes and thank you.

Just a clarification - All the senior management and middle management were Brahmins, his relatives whoe were paid handsomely - but 90% of the working force and the supervisors were NB.

So he actually discriminated against the NBs, so to say.

Regards
Revathi

Your man will treat fellow brahmns only the way I have portrayed (except those who are his very close relatives. That is the reason Brahmins don't opt for employment with him.

I am sure that you are not saying him as a Champion for Brahmins cause. If that is the case, yo would have named him / his organization.
Just a clarification - All the senior management and middle management were Brahmins, his relatives whoe were paid handsomely - but 90% of the working force and the supervisors were NB.

So he actually discriminated against the NBs, so to say.

Regards
Revathi

beggers have no choice.
even when clearaly an ethnic discrimination is going on against brahmin, there are a large number of brahmin just denying the reality. I think it gives them relief in ignorance.
are brahmin in position to decide what this thread title is.

I feel that this thread will be the next to be locked as the 'moderators' are now in a serious mood to administer with authority. But I feel that in forums like this nobody can offend other member for the identity is not revealed 100%. May be the moderators see the postings with the knowledge of the identity of those posting it and hence feel a necessity to act harsh.

If there is a culture for 'TB' there is also a culture for 'Corporate'. The confluence of culture can transform the resultant culture. The question therefore is as to where the culture is heading by the confluence that is happening. The voting seems to reveal that the culture is being pulled in equal vigor from both sides. This can only mean that status-quo continues amidst tussle. The moment one side slackens, the other will prevail. Will TBs prevail over Corporate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back