• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is corporate culture good for brahmins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
harini, i am not sure i follow.

i have heard that the genes of all indian castes are very much alike. if one does a dna analysis of indian castes including dalits, there has been little or no difference. the tamil brahmin is close to other tamil tribes and less close to the north indian brahmin, though many would like to believe otherwise.

there is really no logical basis for varna except for that guy manu.

re corporate culture, whatever that may be, it is a mode or method of behaviour in one's work. nothing to do with our genetic set up. atleast this is the way i understand it.
Dear Kunjuppu,

I was also in the same position (of ignorance) about what Harini wrote, but her Panini-like reply made me keep quiet. She perhaps holds the view (I don't know on what basis) that brahmins have been able to maintain their specialized superior genetic structure by a strict social and moral code; this might have been there in the Chitpavan brahmins who were till last generation or so, a very closely knit group, and, to some extent, in the Namboodiris who, unfortunately, were more generous in spreading their genes to various other castes than the Chitpavans. Hence a genetic study today may find that everything gets mostly evened out.

How corporate culture modifies the genes (without minding the side effects, according to Harini) is a puzzle to me still.

Genetics and Eugenics

In my school days I was made to believe that all have the same red blood and so all are equal Scientifically. Later Science distinguished blood. But I know dna as a finer distinguisher of individuals and so it cannot be same for all the Indians. May be there can be a one gene in number of other things within us that identify us as Indians.

There used to be a subject called 'Eugenics' considered as Science before Second World War. This subject is the root cause of the Second World War. Later the Scientific community distanced itself from this subject and thus the leaders of the world were forced to talk about Equality.
harini, i am not sure i follow.

i have heard that the genes of all indian castes are very much alike. if one does a dna analysis of indian castes including dalits, there has been little or no difference. the tamil brahmin is close to other tamil tribes and less close to the north indian brahmin, though many would like to believe otherwise.

there is really no logical basis for varna except for that guy manu.

re corporate culture, whatever that may be, it is a mode or method of behaviour in one's work. nothing to do with our genetic set up. atleast this is the way i understand it.

Scientific Conversion

Genetics proves what the Eugenics and Varnashrama tried to prove. Tomorrow the Corporate world will hire by studying DNA structure and not one state in his/her resume. There will be places where a person can go and get treatment for change of DNA structure. One can get Brahmin's DNA implanted and that may be the next level in conversion.

All these statements are Scientifically possible and so correct.
There used to be a subject called 'Eugenics' considered as Science before Second World War. This subject is the root cause of the Second World War. Later the Scientific community distanced itself from this subject and thus the leaders of the world were forced to talk about Equality.

In Cricket we don't demand Umpire to prove himself with bat and ball. Similarly all those who post their opinion need not stretch themselves in to proving their opinion. In my opinion Tamil Brahmins are in a way similar to troubled Tamils of Sri Lanka. IT doesn't mean that we fit in their shoe 100%. Also I need not have to prove it by forming a LTTE. Anologies are given to take lesson from History.

There has been Scientific study about genetic relationship among various clans. The Iyer page of Wikipedia gives measurement of how a Brahmin gene is more close to Europeon gene then that of Kshatriyas and Vysias. I just came to know Indra Nooyi as Iyer from that pages. May be a study on her could lead to more healthy discussion on this subject. If we can do such discussion on Viswanathan Anand, why not on Nooyi?
Maybe you two should start your own Indian Hitler party next.

Umpires don't play

In Cricket we don't demand Umpire to prove himself with bat and ball. Similarly all those who post their opinion need not stretch themselves in to proving their opinion. In my opinion Tamil Brahmins are in a way similar to troubled Tamils of Sri Lanka. IT doesn't mean that we fit in their shoe 100%. Also I need not have to prove it by forming a LTTE. Anologies are given to take lesson from History.

There has been Scientific study about genetic relationship among various clans. The Iyer page of Wikipedia gives measurement of how a Brahmin gene is more close to Europeon gene then that of Kshatriyas and Vysias. I just came to know Indra Nooyi as Iyer from that pages. May be a study on her could lead to more healthy discussion on this subject. If we can do such discussion on Viswanathan Anand, why not on Nooyi?
Maybe you two should start your own Indian Hitler party next.

Namaskarams to all.

Sorry for the abrupt intrusion on an unrelated subject. I hear that Shri Swaminatha Sharma, eminent Astrologer has left TB forum due to some 'corporate politics'. He was doing an yeoman service to the TB forum by his interventions, suggestions and advices to the member community. It seems that he was 'provoked' by some members resulting in his exit from this forum.

May be we still have our egoistic hassles with us even in this forum. I request the moderator and the elders in this Forum to make necessary arrangements so that highly knowledgeable and scholastic persons like Shri Swaminatha Sharma do not leave the forum; and kindly arrange to persuade Shri Sharma to rejoin the forum so that his services are available to the vast TB community in general. I, for one, personally vouch for his impeccable and correct predictions on astrological basis.

A. Sundararaman

Namaskarams to all.

Sorry for the abrupt intrusion on an unrelated subject. I hear that Shri Swaminatha Sharma, eminent Astrologer has left TB forum due to some 'corporate politics'. He was doing an yeoman service to the TB forum by his interventions, suggestions and advices to the member community. It seems that he was 'provoked' by some members resulting in his exit from this forum.

May be we still have our egoistic hassles with us even in this forum. I request the moderator and the elders in this Forum to make necessary arrangements so that highly knowledgeable and scholastic persons like Shri Swaminatha Sharma do not leave the forum; and kindly arrange to persuade Shri Sharma to rejoin the forum so that his services are available to the vast TB community in general. I, for one, personally vouch for his impeccable and correct predictions on astrological basis.

A. Sundararaman

sundar,

you are discussing three different points in one post.

re swami and his astrological skillsets, which many here have found invaluable and availed of his service.

second, swami taking the lead role in the swayamvaram functions organized under the auspicies of this forum. again, only kudos for swami, is heard.

third: his quitting this forum. from what we know, this is a private issue between praveen and swami. i gather from the way this information was disseminated to us, that swami left on his own accord, and the circumstances being such, highly unlikely to return.

i miss him here too, as he provided yet another facet of our community. i am quite sure you can look him up through pondicherry phone directory, and start a relationship. i do not know if appeal to 'moderators & elders(?) of this forum' would do any good.

best wishes.

I feel the purpose of the post by Sundar here is to discuss this as Case Study regards to Corporate Culture. Not only Brahmins, almost all in Eastern part of the world are averse to taking good things from the Corporate Culture like Case Study. Every issues in Corporate world is articulated as creative Case Study for discussion in the West. But even the B-Schools here are discussing only the Case Study of West to prepare themselves for managerial career.

Mr.Kunjuppu seems to me as a right neutral person to make a Case Study on this issue. He can come out with one if the moderators permit him to do it.

Alienated Brahmins

Corporate culture has penetrated everywhere and I feel that we should not do any Case study of this issue now. Instead we can make Case History from other neutral incidents. Viswanathan Anand, Indira Nooyi has already been suggested and that will be just the right thing.

Management and Leadership in typical Brahmin style will take a lot of years to evolve. IT is only Kshatriyas who were considered best for these things and Corporate Leaders of their community today show spectacular local traits. Unfortunately Brahmins are not being facilitated in any manner to evolve as a real people centered leaders. The Corporates only alienates Brahmins from the people.

Mr.Kunjuppu seems to me as a right neutral person to make a Case Study on this issue. He can come out with one if the moderators permit him to do it.

Last edited:
The Case study on Viswanathan Anand is in news nowadays. It is strange that this forum has not voiced anything for a fellow Brahmin.

The Case study on Viswanathan Anand is in news nowadays. It is strange that this forum has not voiced anything for a fellow Brahmin.

rkb, why should it be strane there is no voice here for anand? what have you been doing? this is your forum. please start the ball rolling by posting the first post in this category or whatever you feel should be the starting point of this category.

thank you.

Anand and Sania

As a matter of fact it is only Viswanathan Anand who is at fault. One has to be shamelessly be after 'Dr' title to get it. I am one such 'Dr'. Anand earns a lot from his Chess and certainly can pay his way for it. It is too much of him to expect UoH to confer him 'Dr' just for his Chess! All learned Indians know it and so there will not be any voice. The question is, " If Anand has not displayed chasteness as a Brahmin, will he have got it? I want somebody good enough to do a 'Case Study' of it to get answer for such questions through the 'Case Study'.

Anand was not victimized for he was a Brahmin by community, but he behaved as a Brahmin would do to be victimized. That is what is not acceptable here. But that gets acceptance abroad to a limited extent to live a dignified life for one generation for any Brahmin in most of the developed countries. So the Brahmins migrate and so did Anand to Spain and Sania Mirza to Pakistan! Sania will ger the 'Dr' from UoH, if only she wanted it!
rkb, why should it be strane there is no voice here for anand? what have you been doing? this is your forum. please start the ball rolling by posting the first post in this category or whatever you feel should be the starting point of this category.

thank you.

Boon or bane

Case Study of Anand has come in today's THE HINDU. Unfortunately they have not dared to analyze it from the point of view of Community bias. Even if a Brahmin is ready to pay, he or she has to pay several times more than others for anything to happen. For example a Management Quota seat for a BC at Rs5,00,000/- will be easily Rs15,00,000/- for a Brahmin. This people are ready to pay and get. An Assistant Professor post for a BC will be Rs3,00,000/- and the same will be Rs20,00,000/- for a Brahmin. Who can afford it. A Brahmin has to be holding a Foreign Qualification to get even the insecure teaching jobs in Private Colleges!. Privatization is therefore not a boon for Brahmin community.

RKB,

i think it is good for TBs to migrate outside of india. life is simpler out in most countries.

we are not politically inclined and hence would probably love to live under a benevolent dictatorship like singapore. the west is equally good.

from what i gather in your notes, life appears to be unbearably difficult for the average brahmin. i do not think it is fair to put those burdens of inherited sins, on our children.

to be frank, while i personally wish for quotas to bring up the dalits et al, i do not think if i have lived in india, i would have felt comfortable to pass on caste based burdens to my children.

taking into account our small numbers, our political eunuchness and above all, our intense 'our family we care' approach, it is best that we move on.. to greener pastures. who knows, maybe in 100 years india might have changed to a more egalitarian society, and then our descendents can trek back :)

Case Study of Anand has come in today's THE HINDU. Unfortunately they have not dared to analyze it from the point of view of Community bias. Even if a Brahmin is ready to pay, he or she has to pay several times more than others for anything to happen. For example a Management Quota seat for a BC at Rs5,00,000/- will be easily Rs15,00,000/- for a Brahmin. This people are ready to pay and get. An Assistant Professor post for a BC will be Rs3,00,000/- and the same will be Rs20,00,000/- for a Brahmin. Who can afford it. A Brahmin has to be holding a Foreign Qualification to get even the insecure teaching jobs in Private Colleges!. Privatization is therefore not a boon for Brahmin community.

If the rest of India discriminated Brahmins, then it will not facilitate them as well to migrate to a greener pasture. It is only the Brahmins who are alienating themselves from the rest. Practically the decedents of the migrated Brahmins do not facilitate migration of rest of their clan. In 100 years from now everyone of us will be dead.You are free to live in your fools paradise anywhere in the world sir. But your duty is to find paradise for all of us in Tamilnadu. The life goes on here happily with all problems.
i think it is good for TBs to migrate outside of india. life is simpler out in most countries.

we are not politically inclined and hence would probably love to live under a benevolent dictatorship like singapore. the west is equally good.

from what i gather in your notes, life appears to be unbearably difficult for the average brahmin. i do not think it is fair to put those burdens of inherited sins, on our children.

to be frank, while i personally wish for quotas to bring up the dalits et al, i do not think if i have lived in india, i would have felt comfortable to pass on caste based burdens to my children.

taking into account our small numbers, our political eunuchness and above all, our intense 'our family we care' approach, it is best that we move on.. to greener pastures. who knows, maybe in 100 years india might have changed to a more egalitarian society, and then our descendents can trek back :)

In one of the forum I saw SJM poking their nose and advising us. I could not find it now. SJM tried to attain prominence by making use of the recent recession. This is just like Hitler taking advantage of the Depression in 1929. However SJM has failed in it. A radical economic policy cannot win people's heart anymore. Every economy in the world can only ride over the global economic sentiments. If it is not giving India any advantage, India has to wait and try to create advantage only by negotiations.

SJM also is correct about economics. But it doesn't mean that it is looking for radical changes to world's economic policies. It just is advocating a very pertinent point of view. That is for discussion and such discussions alone can prepare the world for next crisis.

Similarly the Brahmin Association of Tamilnadu is also studying all the idea discussed in this forum. But again they cannot advocate radical change. The leaders in Brahmin association believe in Brahmin way of life that will keep them Sathyagrahis for ever. But they feel that they do not find such ardent Brahmins either as Political Leader or in Government Service today. Association will definitely support anyone ready to dedicate himself / herself for the cause in truly the path of Sathyagraha.

We at Corporate houses do not see much scope to help Brahmins from our ventures. We have to have alternate plans. But mere posting of idea thinking that someone will give credit to it and start implementing is not a right attitude. Please do not think that I am dissuading you from posting. I am just suggesting that someone should come forward to implement something with a plan.

It is good to hear that Brahmins in Corporates are openly confessing their inability to help. This is because of the influence of Indian culture in to the Indian corporates.

In economics nothing can remain correct for ever. SJM is just misusing this nature of the economics.

There is already a plan proposed to take Reservation for Brahmins to Court of Law. But it seems that the Brahmin community is still not united on this issue. The first task should be to identify a common issue that will be supported by majority of Brahmins. The Tamil Brahmins are unfortunately still not clear as to what they need to take them to next stage of development.

....There is already a plan proposed to take Reservation for Brahmins to Court of Law. But it seems that the Brahmin community is still not united on this issue.

If this is a legal issue, to be settled in a court of law, then you don't need unity among Brahmins, all you need is a rich benefactor who will fund your effort. You need broad support from the Brahmins in general only if you want to fight for it politically. However, even if you have 100% support from the Brahmins, success through political means is extremely unlikely.

So, either way, there is no need to appeal for unity on this issue. You are better off committing your time and energy in finding a benefactor for pursuing this through the courts.

Cheers!

Tell me as to which rich benefactor will fund this without Brahmins demanding it? Your assumption of existence of rich benefactors and angels of fairy tales are kiddish. What is required is a matured outlook to pull our community for next level of development by politically savvy means. Political savvy do not mean 100% support. It only mean 100% sensitivity.
If this is a legal issue, to be settled in a court of law, then you don't need unity among Brahmins, all you need is a rich benefactor who will fund your effort. You need broad support from the Brahmins in general only if you want to fight for it politically. However, even if you have 100% support from the Brahmins, success through political means is extremely unlikely.

So, either way, there is no need to appeal for unity on this issue. You are better off committing your time and energy in finding a benefactor for pursuing this through the courts.

Cheers!

The 100% of Brahmins have 200 plus sub groups. Each group has a problem of its own and therefore it is not possible to achieve 100% sensitivity on anything. Corporate culture may be very bad in India owing to Fascist attitudes of the political leaders and corrupt attitude of Business leaders. But there are several corporates in Developed world that are in to pure research and that value employing Brahmins for their purity in academic outlook. Indian Corporate culture do not provide any room for research minds. Same is the problem with academic environment in India, particularly the Tamilnadu. Brahmins should mean correction to the environment and should not subscribe to ills of the environment. but that is not happening even in Corporations headed by Brahmins.

The 100% of Brahmins have 200 plus sub groups. Each group has a problem of its own and therefore it is not possible to achieve 100% sensitivity on anything. Corporate culture may be very bad in India owing to Fascist attitudes of the political leaders and corrupt attitude of Business leaders. But there are several corporates in Developed world that are in to pure research and that value employing Brahmins for their purity in academic outlook. Indian Corporate culture do not provide any room for research minds. Same is the problem with academic environment in India, particularly the Tamilnadu. Brahmins should mean correction to the environment and should not subscribe to ills of the environment. but that is not happening even in Corporations headed by Brahmins.

sir,

i do not understand what you are trying to get across.

but the gist of it appears, and you may correct me at that, is that brahmins, (not necessarily tamil brahmins), alleviate the situation wherever they go if it is pure research but in management they are of corrupt morals. whatever that may be.

is that what you mean? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back