• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is corporate culture good for brahmins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shri nn,

So now, we refer to wiki to infer the meaning of God...!! Ah, well...

...as to how one wants to establish his karma is relative,isn't it?
No, it is not; there are prescribed ways to do it... 'Eppadi venalum vazhalaam nu irundha, ava peru mleccha'...

Trend and fashion are ever changing... our traditional attire is not designed to get any fashion award... if corporates do allow the traditional dresses, probably I would opt for it, but then, that would dilute the corporate climate... :heh: eh?

Regards,

re

sapthajihva sir,

Shri nn,

So now, we refer to wiki to infer the meaning of God...!! Ah, well...

No, it is not; there are prescribed ways to do it... 'Eppadi venalum vazhalaam nu irundha, ava peru mleccha'...

Trend and fashion are ever changing... our traditional attire is not designed to get any fashion award... if corporates do allow the traditional dresses, probably I would opt for it, but then, that would dilute the corporate climate... :heh: eh?

Regards,

i tried to point out god in a individual basis in modern society.

mleccha,is meant by foreigners or as aliens.the geography of the land mass called maha-bharath was entirely different,if we refer puranams.in fact,mahaswamigal of kanchi has said,that only sanathana dharma existed,as a religion throughout the bhu-lokam.so,who is a mlechha

which shastra or sampradaya.is available as scripture,for do's and don't now?for us to follow?in fact,from our kula guru,once i cross godavari river,many of the brahmanical rules do not apply at all.i have my guru's blessings,and i am not a mleccha!! i am still considered a 'tamizh brahmana' however diluted my practices may have become compared to one residing in tiruchi,coimbatore..etc.

every sampradayic school is like a corporate entity,enforcing shastras as per their norm.unity in diversity,and tolerance for one and all,with a compromising attitude,comes naturally to an Indian.

nachi naga.

We all have our cups... your folly is in thinking that all cups are the same...

So yes, the cup can be seen as either half-full or half-empty, but it depends on which cup one prioritises... and when one calls himself a brahmin, it is not that difficult to identify the cup...?

I think your query is a product of misplaced identity...

Regards,

sapth,

it takes a lot of courage to call someone a fool, but you have bestowed this honour on me. i will accept in the best of intentions, and perhaps in the shakespearean understanding of this term.

sir, i hope, i do understand you and many others including vrs mani who opened up this thread. after all, coming from the same background, i think, at one time or the other, the generations of the 50s through 70s, in their quest for upward mobility came flat against such conflicts, and each dealt with their own solutions.

because, as a community, we do not have a pope. and because as a community, we do not have the uncompromising koran.

i think this is a blessing for us. for we as TBs are not encumbered by some 'out of touch' mutt-head preaching to us, the impossible, and invoking in every action, a sense of guilt.

our survival strategy, has been, i think, based on the three 'C's - convenience, comfort and cash. i would beseech you to look at your own life, and count the instances, where your ancestral brahminism as you think been handed down to you, and your daily activities.

you wake up in the morning, have your morning coffee (no no for a brahmin, for coffee is a mleccha drink, and heaven forbid, brought here by those muslims).

at a time, you brush your teeth with a tooth brush & tooth paste. or maybe you still stick to the neem. glory to you if you do. otherwise, join our club.

you have a self applied க்ஷவரம், which is a no-no. you should have patronized the services of a நாவிதன், for in the process of cleansing yourself of hirsuteness, and paying for it, you are fulfilling a lost karma, which you deliberately and wilfully cast aside everyday. all in the name of convenience.

i will not go into the details of your ablution, where unlike according to the vedas, as to how you should squat, and dispose of your waste, you accept the western concept of sitting (and committing blasphemy by reading the newspaper - insulting our beloved Lakshmi Devi) - and pay homage to mr. crapper every day, another mleccha.

you sir, put on your pant and trousers, and perhaps a jetty. where is your கோமணம்? do you realize that even if you have a கோமணம், the blessedness of this holy garmentino is negated by the dhobi polluted starched pant and shirt?

you take the car which is ok, for this வாஹனம் was not thought of in the vedic age. before that, perhaps you have a cereal or toasted bread for breakfast - bread, which is a creation of yeast - for the first time you are being a true brahmin - you are consuming the base root of the soma juice.

you rub shoulders at work with not only every caste, but religions which did not even exist per the vedas. is it acceptable? i do not know.

you have a teenager at home. does not matter, if it is a girl or boy. instead of chanting hymns every night, they are listening to mirchi f.m. or its foreign equivalent. watching t.v. - another instrument unknown among the vedicists.

if you have a boy, conveniently, at the right age, to keep up your prestige in the community, and to ensure that he gets a good bride, you perform the poonul. does not matter, that the kid does not say abhivadhey every day. does not matter, that he cannot even pronounce it. does not matter that he cannot even remember his gothram. you, sapthajhiva, have done the true tamil brahmin thing of inculcating brahminism in your son.

........ and so on we go. you too sir. unless you live in a humble abode, holding a gurukula of brahmin youths, having your head shaved in அப்பள குடுமி, and your entire body including your pubic hair shaved every அமாவாசை which i am sure you do not, you too are a cohort of my folly.

which is why, i said, that perhaps, we both should interpret a 'fool' who practices such follies, in the medieval european understanding of this word.

the bottom line, is that you and i, belong to the same club.

cheers :)

ps. as my dear friend KRS says, we all differ only the percentages. looking forward to hearing from you, as well as from KRS. i miss him here. :(

Last edited:
kunjuppu saar,

you sir, put on your pant and trousers, and perhaps a jetty.

the clincher of 'komanam' effect,bravo to you.even sanyasis from latest scandal videos shows 'black and white jetty' color combination for visual effects!!!!!!!.dunno about shavaram part,i think i will restrain myself......phew :)

nachi naga

All spiritual practices are of no avail, if the heart is not pure. Your cravings and attachments will not disappear even if you are immersed in many spiritual practices so long as the heart is full of the illusion of egoism. Remember that agitations of the mind cannot exist in the same heart filled with love. Can light and darkness ever co-exist at the same place and the same time? Hence, you must remove the illusion of egoism from your heart. To get rid of the feeling of "I" and "mine", you must worship the Lord. You must become an aspirant without likes and dislikes.

-Divine Discourse, Prema Vahini.

kunjuppu saar,

the clincher of 'komanam' effect,bravo to you.even sanyasis from latest scandal videos shows 'black and white jetty' color combination for visual effects!!!!!!!.dunno about shavaram part,i think i will restrain myself......phew :)

nachi naga

modesty, thy name is nachi :)

sapth,

it takes a lot of courage to call someone a fool, but you have bestowed this honour on me. i will accept in the best of intentions, and perhaps in the shakespearean understanding of this term.

the bottom line, is that you and i, belong to the same club.
shri kunjuppu,

thank you for the above, for you have outlined where our outlook lies in... i was talking here about the nithyakarmas and here you are talking about 'savaram' and 'jetty'... and there i was, referring to gayathri, pujas and vedas...

with due respects, my statement was meant to interpret your hastiness in looking at everything with the same thought... ie., of materialistic growth...

as for your spirited thoughts on how we carry on ...

=> i do not eat bread or cakes or any other such product...
=> i sport a beard (no savaram business... :nod:)
=> i avoid leather products...
=> i take neemsticks/guava leaves or indian traditional ayurvedic toothpowder... failing which i use vicco.. (only that)
=> i dont drink coffee or soda or liquor or any carbonated beverages
=> fyi, i do sport the komanam... what is wrong with it? you must remember that there was a lengthy thread about komanam in this very forum...
=> i am unaware of the pubic hair savaram part... so will refrain from commenting on it... perhaps that is your domain...
=> i wonder why you didn't hit on the language - english!!!

the world is overrun by mlecchas and their habits (if any?).. it is said that one should not live where a brahmin is not honoured... going by that standards, people like me who insist on tradition cannot live anywhere... but suicide is also a papam.. that is why there is some adjustment allowed... but that is only so much so as to live... it should not become the aim of living (as in your case)...

i have neither your age, nor your feelings, just my experiences; i do not have a family yet, but that is a different story...

your sarcasm notwithstanding, i will not take back my word on your remarks, but sir, there is no personal contempt towards you...

the bottom line is, sir, i think, we are deluded if we think we belong to the same club... but of course, you are free to your rights... :)

regards,

How we develop?

Problems are there and will continue to be there in any cultural setting. People also learn to live with problems by accepting certain compromises. So you cannot find a perfect Brahmin now with outdated defenitions (Enge Brahmanan?). The discussion should focus on as to how we are going to develop. Not only the Brahmins, even the corporates have to develop.

My opinion is that corporates can develop even without Brahmins and therefore Brahmins need not compromise themselves to serve Corporates. But can Brahmins develop without corporates? The answer to this now is a 'No'. Brahmins have led themselves to this predicament. How do we help ourselves to come out of it?

The corporate culture makes you sharp and competitive which is basic for survival. unlike Govt jobs with quota and reservations where these are lost. you are kicked up the ladder of promotions on time scale or seniority and hence there is no challenge really and ultimate result is inefficiency It is good for mobile forward thinking Brahmins. JAMBU:gossip:

re

What do you convey sir by your poetic bursts? I feel that this thread should progress with some genuine ideas that is possible mostly only for Brahmins.

jada is insentient like corporates

jyothir is enlightenment for brahmins,get enlightened to compete,instead of wasting time on non-permanent ideas and rituals which will mire the brahmins in penury and poverty.

.........,instead of wasting time on non-permanent ideas and rituals which will mire the brahmins in penury and poverty.
Sir, our rishis were not fools to adhere to rituals... you speak as if enlightenment is so easy to attain... (btw, you speak of enlightenment to compete in corporate world, which is different from the enlightenment which the rishis spoke of)

We have to adapt only to that extent which enables us to survive... our traditions and rituals are important, as they are the route to gnyanam and bhakthi...

We gain steadfastness, clarity of thought and the ability to perceive the scriptures in the right light, only through karma marga.

Regards,

re

Sir, our rishis were not fools to adhere to rituals... you speak as if enlightenment is so easy to attain... (btw, you speak of enlightenment to compete in corporate world, which is different from the enlightenment which the rishis spoke of)

We have to adapt only to that extent which enables us to survive... our traditions and rituals are important, as they are the route to gnyanam and bhakthi...

We gain steadfastness, clarity of thought and the ability to perceive the scriptures in the right light, only through karma marga.

Regards,

yes saar,you are right.i stand corrected,with a small deviation,like for our rishis,the kings at last most of them provided food shelter clothings protection etc so were able to concentrate on science of spiritual meta physical trade fare.present world our leaders are saying hh jayendrar saraswathi is a fraud ,a murderer,who watches tv ,videos of blue film etc etc basically leading a gujaaal life,so needs to be imprisoned.under the light of scandals coming out in regular fashion,i am getting,frightened,about such tactics,adopted by political powers.in kali yugam,its prophesised,but sir,i am a supreme optimist,untill proven guilty,i consider everyone innocent,unless the,the accused themselves say ,that they did it openly.

corporate culture,is a professional environment.only skills,relationship amongst clients,targets are measured.if,the bottom line gets affected,including the boss gets fired.its a ball game,which need focus all the time.especially when varna system is broken,and all are equally treated and accepted,aatu maadu sandhai gumbal,it is

Competing in a Rat Race!

The ultimate enlightenment is that you compete only with yourself for your development. Competing with others is what the corporates wants you to do only to get stressed up. Your stress is showing up sir. I feel that Brahmins in corporate should exhibit some collective responsibility to bring in a right transformation in Corporate Culture.
jada is insentient like corporates

jyothir is enlightenment for brahmins,get enlightened to compete,instead of wasting time on non-permanent ideas and rituals which will mire the brahmins in penury and poverty.

re

The ultimate enlightenment is that you compete only with yourself for your development. Competing with others is what the corporates wants you to do only to get stressed up. Your stress is showing up sir. I feel that Brahmins in corporate should exhibit some collective responsibility to bring in a right transformation in Corporate Culture.

its not possible for only brahmins to be responsible when rest are irresponsible like kshatriyas,vaishyas,shudras.under this environment brahmins will need to use survival skills and join the gumbal otherwise be happy in penury and poverty,i as a brahmin prefer luxury power comfort in my life,i know my heart is pure,i dont need any one else to to tell me,how i shud live my life in corporate life,after all its my self that i shud myself work for live for,others can do whatever they feel fit,its free world,ain't it?

Worldy bondages.

its not possible for only brahmins to be responsible when rest are irresponsible like kshatriyas,vaishyas,shudras.under this environment brahmins will need to use survival skills and join the gumbal otherwise be happy in penury and poverty,i as a brahmin prefer luxury power comfort in my life,i know my heart is pure,i dont need any one else to to tell me,how i shud live my life in corporate life,after all its my self that i shud myself work for live for,others can do whatever they feel fit,its free world,ain't it?

In this world of bondages, nothing is free. One can only wish it to be free but it never happens. In a way Brahmins are responsible for the mess that the Corporate world is for their culture. People of other communities in Corporate world sought Brahmins advise for only Brahmins made it to the profession of CA and Lawyers. The world would be very different if these professionals were not turncoats in the last century. In fact Mahathma Gandhi (himself a lawyer!!) envisaged that free India should do away with such professionals. His book 'Hind Swaraj' highlights his pragmatic thinking and costs just Rs 10/- (Navajivan Publishing House, Tel 079 - 27540635, [email protected])

Mahathma Gandhi also did not liked the Corporate way of things and instead advocated development as group. Indian Government has taken his advise and now has initiated measures for cluster development in its latest MSME initiatives. There is not a single Brahmin cluster in entire India! This proves that Brahmins shy away from coming together for a development agenda. We are desperate subordinates and will never make ourselves as good entrepreneurs with our own corporation!

As a Vysya, Gandhiji patronized traditional Business Models. But the free India ignored his advise. Today it is mostly the Brahmins who adore the foolish Business Education by Business Schools.

It is a Brahmin who conceived the idea of double entry accounting system. Which Management Book talks about him?

Rootless and routed out

Both at corporate world and at society the Brahmins show tendency to isolate themselves. They feel superior to others and thus try to create new way of things not gelling with the rest. Though being innovative is very good, it is not efficient and thus many Brahmins do not make a cut. To make a significant cut one has to understand what is pragmatic and should systematically work for it. Innovating Brahmins indeed carve out a niche only to loose its advantage to other communities in the long run. Brahmins worked for Privatization only to loose advantage later to other community people. Same happened in higher education. Brahmins started the migration to US and H1B visa serves almost all the communities in India. Brahmins went Global first and now Globalization has no advantage for Brahmins.

We loose our advantage easily because we have lost our roots!

Dear RKB,

Please don't attack 'double entry' book keeping system. In a business situation, there is always a giver and a receiver and always a profit/receipt and a loss/payment. Therefore, it is a good accounting system comparable only to the evolution of digital (0,1,0,1.....) computing.

I do not see any correlation between double entry book keeping and the fall of brahmins, as a group, from their reputation and position.

sheep's voice out as baba.

and a baba is herding his sheep,with single entry system of prema sathya ananda dharma shanthi ahimsa,imo.

cow's voice out as maa.

and amma is cuddling her calves as babies and comforting humanity,with multiple entry system of 1 as in advaitham -non-dual principle and 0-as shunya vaada tatvam or nir-ishvara vadam.

the bottom line is,all give moksham,when accounts are tallied,daaniki deeni seri poyindi.

Why Foreign MBA?

I was appreciating the 'Double Entry system' and was attacking only the Business Schools. It is perceived widely that Foreign Universities are very good and they have to be facilitated to come to India. But I do not subscribe to it. The Corporate Culture is a bye-product of foreign way of learning. It is foolish to think that West is the best! Now all that the Brahmins do is to take foreign MBA since any score in Engineering or Medicine is not guaranteeing them anything. They are falling prey to foreign educators for eventually they do not gain anything.

I was expecting a flurry of response to my posting from all those Brahmins who think that they can be comfortable with anything foreign! What has happened to them?

Foreigner in Sashi Tharoor

I was expecting a flurry of response to my posting from all those Brahmins who think that they can be comfortable with anything foreign! What has happened to them?
The foreign Universities will make a short term profit in India and more than that they will not alter the scenario here in any manner. Shashi Tharoor episode is a good parallel.

When Lalit Modi proclaims all the credit for IPL, it is the Brahmin in India Cements who came out with the blue print of IPL by way of research paper submitted by the Dean of their Sports Analytic Center. This is a good example as to how Brahmins loose their advantages arising out of their innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back