• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Is Ancient India over rated? A mind blowing analysis by Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.

16 Significant Science and Tech Discoveries Ancient India Gave the World

“We owe a lot to the ancient Indians, teaching us how to count. Without which most modern scientific discoveries would have been impossible.” – Albert Einstein

One of the oldest civilizations in the world, the Indian civilization has a strong tradition of science and technology. Ancient India was a land of sages and seers as well as a land of scholars and scientists. Research has shown that from making the best steel in the world to teaching the world to count, India was actively contributing to the field of science and technology centuries long before modern laboratories were set up. Many theories and techniques discovered by the ancient Indians have created and strengthened the fundamentals of modern science and technology. While some of these groundbreaking contributions have been acknowledged, some are still unknown to most.
Here is a list of 16 contributions, made by ancient Indians to the world of science and technology, that will make you feel proud to be an Indian.

1. The Idea of Zero

Untitled-design-7-1.png

Read more at: https://www.thebetterindia.com/63119/ancient-india-science-technology/

Sir,

I have been in this Forum right from 2012 on wards.

The member with whom you are currently dealing with had never admitted and will argue only 'My way or High way'..

For them the opponents are always on the wrong side.

And searching facts, figures and presenting them in defence will only annoy them and will lose their control.

I have been experiencing this ....now that you have given a link.....

The strategy will be now to drift the thread and divert the topic..

let us see the reaction.

LOL.

Be brave..we are vertebrates...you can very well write my name..you are talking about me..its pretty obvious.

Not everyone is born brave..I can sympathize with you.

Now..I am sure you will start twisting the facts and saying..why are you thinking I am talking about you blah blah blah....i am diverting topic..Jalras are closing in...as I said earlier..we are vertebrates...be brave.

With all your talk about Satyam Vada Dharmam Cara...you are the most frequent banned member again and again...may be I get my way but you are always shown the highway.

Last edited:

Thank you sir.
But I feel we have to realize God created a resourceful world for mutual co existence.

I am Hindu too but I prefer to think on lines of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam.

Only an unfair God would create only 1 great nation.

A true God creates a balanced universe.

Pride of heritage does not do too much good.

Its ok to acknowledge capability and intelligence but I dont want to think only we Hindus were the best...All humans are the same..from whichever part of the world.

Dear Renukaji,

Lets understand the concept of Puniya Bhoomi , certainly God Created resourceful world no doubt he also created Humans with a mind of their own ,You cant deny applying "Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam" world as one family without asking why didnt he also do Vasudaiva Humans? World of one thinking one Humans ?then its nothing more than Robots?He Wanted us to do Vadha Vidhya & Artha Vidhya too

You say A true God creates a balanced universe.Yes again I would like to clarify the subject matter is You and not the Universe If you are balanced then world wouldn't matter isn't that the greater truth or absolute knowledge or enlightenment which is what we should seek , Just asking would it matter to a person doing Tapas if it rains or there is scorching sun?

One can also ask is God a sadist that he ask for your penance? You suffer shed blood earlier,Now kill in my name then I will recognize ?No God nor Vedas ask this they tell you Dharma as where you are doing what you are

Pride of heritage does not do too much good.My point is If you dont know the value of what you Inherited you will only squander it all away in that sense its ok to understand our rich culture,,Living in the past is stupid I am not saying start travelling by bull a carts but saying there is such amazing things that our Country has that you can draw inspiration from

Your statement Its ok to acknowledge capability and intelligence but I dont want to think only we Hindus were the best...All humans are the same..from whichever part of the world.
This part what you said I think or hope it doesn't apply to me I am only Showcasing What Ancient India Was Our History was Distorted I am giving my views on it with my limited knowledge ,I rely on facts & will be more than happy if I stand corrected .

Having said that

Dear Renukaji,

Lets understand the concept of Puniya Bhoomi , certainly God Created resourceful world no doubt he also created Humans with a mind of their own ,You cant deny applying "Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam" world as one family without asking why didnt he also do Vasudaiva Humans? World of one thinking one Humans ?then its nothing more than Robots?He Wanted us to do Vadha Vidhya & Artha Vidhya too

You say A true God creates a balanced universe.Yes again I would like to clarify the subject matter is You and not the Universe If you are balanced then world wouldn't matter isn't that the greater truth or absolute knowledge or enlightenment which is what we should seek , Just asking would it matter to a person doing Tapas if it rains or there is scorching sun?

One can also ask is God a sadist that he ask for your penance? You suffer shed blood earlier,Now kill in my name then I will recognize ?No God nor Vedas ask this they tell you Dharma as where you are doing what you are

Pride of heritage does not do too much good.My point is If you dont know the value of what you Inherited you will only squander it all away in that sense its ok to understand our rich culture,,Living in the past is stupid I am not saying start travelling by bull a carts but saying there is such amazing things that our Country has that you can draw inspiration from

Your statement Its ok to acknowledge capability and intelligence but I dont want to think only we Hindus were the best...All humans are the same..from whichever part of the world.
This part what you said I think or hope it doesn't apply to me I am only Showcasing What Ancient India Was Our History was Distorted I am giving my views on it with my limited knowledge ,I rely on facts & will be more than happy if I stand corrected .

Having said that

Dear Sir...God created humans who undergo birth..development..adulthood..old age..decay and death.

That is enough to know that entire humanity shares the same substratum of mortality.

Surely none of us are Minions who keep saying "Banana..Banana".
Even identical twins differ in thoughts..word and deed.

Just becos variety exists that does not mean I have to blow my own trumpet screaming Ya Ali! I am the best!

Nope..there is no best..there is only development and progress.

If you read some of our text it says that the soul enters tru rain and lodges into grains and when eaten by men..it enters the seminal fluid and a child is born...making semen as the only life force

But at present we know thats not true cos cloning does not need even male DNA.

So will I say the ancient text was wrong?
I wont say its wrong but I would acknowledge that it was the finding based on assumptions and analysis oriented to time..place and person.

Who knows in the future humans could even discover greater findings that might not need even genetic material for reproduction.

So everything is important..the past..the present and the future...and its actual overlap when we view existence sans time axis.

Coming to know the value of what I have inherited...
What do we really inherited?
Its only in this life right now I am Hindu..what was my past life?
I dont know..what will be my future life?

I dont know either.

So what can I inherit?
I can only inherited my Atma.
That is the only thing that has stood the test of time.

Everything else is discarded upon death.

I prefer not to get carried away by any inheritancebe it money or even heritage or even knowledge.

The least I can do is respect entire mankind as capable in several ways for a perfect functioning of the universal orchestra.

LOL.

Be brave..we are vertebrates...you can very well write my name..you are talking about me..its pretty obvious.

Not everyone is born brave..I can sympathize with you.

Now..I am sure you will start twisting the facts and saying..why are you thinking I am talking about you blah blah blah....i am diverting topic..Jalras are closing in...as I said earlier..we are vertebrates...be brave.

With all your talk about Satyam Vada Dharmam Cara...you are the most frequent banned member again and again...may be I get my way but you are always shown the highway.

LOL.

The uncrowned monarch who is known to unreasonably provoke others with emotional or verbal abuse may also be one of the root causes of such bans, but the humble Vamana has no other go except to take different avatars to achieve his ambition against such forces. His coming out with more vibrant, energetic and enthusiasm every time and standing up against such forces, unminding the adverse comments, is pretty obvious that he pay importance to his ambitions which is his priority.

LOL.

The uncrowned monarch who is known to unreasonably provoke others with emotional or verbal abuse may also be one of the root causes of such bans, but the humble Vamana has no other go except to take different avatars to achieve his ambition against such forces. His coming out with more vibrant, energetic and enthusiasm every time and standing up against such forces, unminding the adverse comments, is pretty obvious that he pay importance to his ambitions which is his priority.

Kya bakwas yaar...anyways...

May the Force be with you..young Skywalkerbut you are Not a Jedi yet!

Perhaps learning to ignore scamp reports may also be important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Renuka Ji,

Why do you think it as blowing a trumpet,There is nothing wrong in an artist having an exhibition of his paintings it not blowing a trumpet, it is merely showcasing the talent similarly I am making a bid to showcase the amazing rich heritage of my ancestors,I am not talking about Hinduism as the best nor passing any judgement ,I am sharing my thoughts about History,and most willing to correct myself if I am wrong.I am be right in certain aspects wrong in many as much as anybody else is

We all inherit this mother Earth as many times as we are born as what ever & where ever,
Knowledge is always inherited ,The next generation will always learn from us just as we have learnt from the previous at some point or the other it will be for the good or worst

The only thing certain in Life is all of us will be dead but it doesn't and shouldn't take away our zeal to exceed everyday and live life.

Regards

Renuka Ji,

Why do you think it as blowing a trumpet,There is nothing wrong in an artist having an exhibition of his paintings it not blowing a trumpet, it is merely showcasing the talent similarly I am making a bid to showcase the amazing rich heritage of my ancestors,I am not talking about Hinduism as the best nor passing any judgement ,I am sharing my thoughts about History,and most willing to correct myself if I am wrong.I am be right in certain aspects wrong in many as much as anybody else is

We all inherit this mother Earth as many times as we are born as what ever & where ever,
Knowledge is always inherited ,The next generation will always learn from us just as we have learnt from the previous at some point or the other it will be for the good or worst

The only thing certain in Life is all of us will be dead but it doesn't and shouldn't take away our zeal to exceed everyday and live life.

Regards

Dear Sir...

I find it hard just to keep focussing on amazing heritage of ancestors alone cos what does it matter where we came from or who our ancestors were or what they did..what matters is what we are in the present times.

Its like the term Brahmabandu in Chandogya Upanishad.

chhAndogya upaniShad 6.1.1 - 6.1.3

Om. shvetaketur hAruNeya Asa, taM ha pitovAca: shvetaketo,
vasa brahmacaryam, na vai, saumya, asmat-kulIno.ananUcya
brahma-bandhur iva bhavatIti 6.1.1

Om. Once upon a time there was one Shvetaketu, the grandson
of AruNa. His father (UddAlaka) said to him, "O Shvetaketu,
live the life of a celibate student in the teacher's house.
Dear boy, there never is anyone in our family who does not
study (the vedA-s) and is only a namesake-brAhmaNa".

Here sage Uddalaka tells his son there is no Brahmabandu..namesake Brahmana in their lineage.

Literal meaning of Brahmabandu is one who points that Brahmanas are his relatives but he does not have the knowledge of one.

So by harping on glorious heritage people are puffed up with pride but do not make any effort to be of any standing in the present.
Present becomes totally engaged in inaction.

I am not pessimistic but for me I feel if we Hindus want to progress we first have to stop living in the Glorious Past and be more pro active to improve the present.

Even in this Chandogya Upanishad stanza you can see that emphasis is on the present state and not even past heritage.

Dear Sir...

I find it hard just to keep focussing on amazing heritage of ancestors alone cos what does it matter where we came from or who our ancestors were or what they did..what matters is what we are in the present times.

Its like the term Brahmabandu in Chandogya Upanishad.

chhAndogya upaniShad 6.1.1 - 6.1.3

Om. shvetaketur hAruNeya Asa, taM ha pitovAca: shvetaketo,
vasa brahmacaryam, na vai, saumya, asmat-kulIno.ananUcya
brahma-bandhur iva bhavatIti 6.1.1

Om. Once upon a time there was one Shvetaketu, the grandson
of AruNa. His father (UddAlaka) said to him, "O Shvetaketu,
live the life of a celibate student in the teacher's house.
Dear boy, there never is anyone in our family who does not
study (the vedA-s) and is only a namesake-brAhmaNa".

Here sage Uddalaka tells his son there is no Brahmabandu..namesake Brahmana in their lineage.

Literal meaning of Brahmabandu is one who points that Brahmanas are his relatives but he does not have the knowledge of one.

So by harping on glorious heritage people are puffed up with pride but do not make any effort to be of any standing in the present.
Present becomes totally engaged in inaction.

I am not pessimistic but for me I feel if we Hindus want to progress we first have to stop living in the Glorious Past and be more pro active to improve the present.

Even in this Chandogya Upanishad stanza you can see that emphasis is on the present state and not even past heritage.

Renuka Ji,

You have quoted an extract from our past which holds good even today so how wrong am I , If I want to showcase the Past that has stood test of time?I merely want to focus on The Path that our ancestors laid thru which we are here today, I do have a glorious Past if I can learn anything from that whats wrong? We live in a modern westernised world but its no way a crime to seek a balance with what we are or were ,rediscovering our strenghts & weakness will only m,ake us better,It is never a bad time to inrospect

Soon I hope to present about the flaws that Brahmins of today developed in terms of rituals etc I am working on that may take a while to present proper facts & circumstances, ( It may disappoint many as my thinking is in the lines of Sanskrit is a great language no doubt but then the owners of that great language are the ones who should take responsibility for finishing it off na , )

Renuka Ji,

You have quoted an extract from our past which holds good even today so how wrong am I , If I want to showcase the Past that has stood test of time?I merely want to focus on The Path that our ancestors laid thru which we are here today, I do have a glorious Past if I can learn anything from that whats wrong? We live in a modern westernised world but its no way a crime to seek a balance with what we are or were ,rediscovering our strenghts & weakness will only m,ake us better,It is never a bad time to inrospect

Soon I hope to present about the flaws that Brahmins of today developed in terms of rituals etc I am working on that may take a while to present proper facts & circumstances, ( It may disappoint many as my thinking is in the lines of Sanskrit is a great language no doubt but then the owners of that great language are the ones who should take responsibility for finishing it off na , )

Dear Sir...

I quoted that to point out that even in the past times..emphasis was on the individuals present state.

Btw surely Sanskrit is a great language..vast and very scientific and mathematical ..thats why I feel its an scientific piece of art.
Btw there is no actual owner of Sanskrit cos there is no Sanskrit race.

Sanskrit is user friendly for anyone to use it..by attributing exclusiveness to it..it finally got the name of a dead language even though we Hindus walk around with Sanskrit names.

Btw..There are also many other equally vast languages that developed over time.

Btw why do you want to find flaws of present day Brahmins in terms of rituals.

One can bring up salient points in a reformation format without the need to focus on flaws cos that would only be met with rejection of a clash of the Titans kind.

If one presents his findings in a well structured format there is no need to even point out a flaw cos the reader can make out for himself what is right and what is wrong.

Pointing out flaws only weakens the case and a new cult of a Holier than Thou is created.

Last edited:
Dear Renukaji,
At the outset let me say it was a wonderful experience interacting with you, Sanskrit did have owners & some of them atleast claimed to be owners ,twisted certain facts to suit themselves good example is the way a menstruating women was & is treated at several households

I certainly am not calling my self as a great scholar to interpret or pass judgement ,I will present the facts hopefully as you say in a well structured format that the reader can make out for himself what is right and what is wrong. If I am at wrong I have no issues to admit that.I can add I am certainly not holier than anyone else is
Regards

Dear Renukaji,
At the outset let me say it was a wonderful experience interacting with you, Sanskrit did have owners & some of them atleast claimed to be owners ,twisted certain facts to suit themselves good example is the way a menstruating women was & is treated at several households

I certainly am not calling my self as a great scholar to interpret or pass judgement ,I will present the facts hopefully as you say in a well structured format that the reader can make out for himself what is right and what is wrong. If I am at wrong I have no issues to admit that.I can add I am certainly not holier than anyone else is
Regards

Dear Sir..

So who is the owner of Sanskrit?
Can you name one person?

Even Maheswara Sutrani is from Lord Shiva.
Panini himself never claimed ownership over his work...in fact he called it Ashtadyayi and the Sutras he called it Maheswara Sutrani.

Even Vedas for that matter?
Does it have an owner?

No...its a revelation.

Facts get twisted on daily basis in many situations...even in Puranas you can see that..where Lord Buddha is described as a False Prophet of Lord Vishnu to delude humans.

Doesnt this paint Lord Vishnu in bad light?
That He is capable of falsehood.

Fabrication is part and parcel of any society for survival of the fittest.

Just becos variety exists that does not mean I have to blow my own trumpet screaming Ya Ali! I am the best!

When you are really the best you know that really and when you know that you have a right to be proud of that. That pride gives you a happiness which is genuine and there is no need to feel guilty about it. Different people celebrate it differently unabashedly. while an Olympian on the Victory stand may send his kisses through air to his beloved at home, a chimpanzee may just thump its chest. LOL.

Nope..there is no best..there is only development and progress.

development and progress throws up the best.

If you read some of our text it says that the soul enters tru rain and lodges into grains and when eaten by men..it enters the seminal fluid and a child is born...making semen as the only life force

Soul transcends all those listed processes and physicals like rain drops, grains, seminal fluid and a faetus. The faetus is just a block of tissues until it gets life. And that life is Atma. DNA and RNA are not Atma. They are just the physicals and need the atma to mature into a being. So our scriptures may still be right. And perhaps we missed the essential truth said there. Rain drops may still be bringing the Atma. LOL.

Coming to know the value of what I have inherited...What do we really inherited?
Its only in this life right now I am Hindu..what was my past life?
I dont know..what will be my future life?I dont know either.
So what can I inherit?
I can only inherited my Atma.
That is the only thing that has stood the test of time.
Everything else is discarded upon death.

Think about. A child born in Brentwood comes with a lot of Anglosaxon values picked up from environment by the genes of the parents. (Read Robert Boyd's theory and his paper "Not by Genes alone" once again) That is the inheritance of that child. A child born in a brahmin family in the remote village in Tamilnadu comes with a number of values of brahmins which are mostly sAtvic. So variety is built in and is a given situation on which we have no control. To deny the existence of this inheritance and harp on only what we are at the grown up stage is a folly.

The inheritance is the Atma and a whole lot of values that come with where you are born.

The truth finally.

I prefer not to get carried away by any inheritancebe it money or even heritage or even knowledge.
The least I can do is respect entire mankind as capable in several ways for a perfect functioning of the universal orchestra.

I prefer to say:

I am keenly aware of my inheritance. I am aware that there are others with other inheritances different from what I have. Variety is the essence of existence. While the symphony is playing I am proud of my role and I take care to play well what is given to me so that the Sonata number is finally pleasing to the ear. I certainly expect other members of the orchestra too to play their role well.

When you are really the best you know that really and when you know that you have a right to be proud of that. That pride gives you a happiness which is genuine and there is no need to feel guilty about it. Different people celebrate it differently unabashedly. while an Olympian on the Victory stand may send his kisses through air to his beloved at home, a chimpanzee may just thump its chest. LOL.

development and progress throws up the best.

Soul transcends all those listed processes and physicals like rain drops, grains, seminal fluid and a faetus. The faetus is just a block of tissues until it gets life. And that life is Atma. DNA and RNA are not Atma. They are just the physicals and need the atma to mature into a being. So our scriptures may still be right. And perhaps we missed the essential truth said there. Rain drops may still be bringing the Atma. LOL.

Think about. A child born in Brentwood comes with a lot of Anglosaxon values picked up from environment by the genes of the parents. (Read Robert Boyd's theory and his paper "Not by Genes alone" once again) That is the inheritance of that child. A child born in a brahmin family in the remote village in Tamilnadu comes with a number of values of brahmins which are mostly sAtvic. So variety is built in and is a given situation on which we have no control. To deny the existence of this inheritance and harp on only what we are at the grown up stage is a folly.

The truth finally.

I prefer to say:

I am keenly aware of my inheritance. I am aware that there are others with other inheritances different from what I have. Variety is the essence of existence. While the symphony is playing I am proud of my role and I take care to play well what is given to me so that the Sonata number is finally pleasing to the ear. I certainly expect other members of the orchestra too to play their role well.

There is no best.
The best is only God.

Confidence does not translate as Pride.

There is no chosen land or chosen genes.

There is only OM Bhur Bhuva Svah.

Can I ask you......Do you that by knowing which everything is known?

Last edited:
Can I ask you......Do you that by knowing which everything is known?

Lol.

Have to play Upanishadic preacher sometimes!!LOL

cos at the end of the day if any human feels he/ she is the best that only translates that he/she is not aware that every stage or state is subject to change.

Even a sportman who holds any world record will know that one day it will be broken by someone else.

Change is inevitable..for the better or the worse.
The ultimate state would only be Oneness with Brahman..till then there is no best..there is only a temporary states that cater to the owners desire.

Brahman is not partial.
Brahman is not an angry biased God that created humans differently.

Raw material is the same for everyone.
Even those who believe in a so called Sattva gene theory..decompose the same way upon death.

Believe me.
I used to conduct autopsy before..all types of humans..all walks of life.
Koi Farq Nahin.

In fact if anyone wants to learn about life...they should start with death..the only state that makes us realize ..I was never the best..I was never anything great..I just lived and finally I died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back