• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ironic how the selfish thrive and a counter for it

sravna

Selfish means looking only after ones interests even if it detrimental to others. But the irony is it is the selfish who exercise influence over others. Those who dont care for others have the support of others. How? It is through exhibition of brutal power and money. In this yuga people with power and money rule. Because we are shown and made to believe that power and money are invincible. Till that situation exists these people will continue to rule and prosper.

As a first step in bringing in a real counter, I propose the following:

Start a mental movement where the objective is to make people think that these people are not invincible. It has to start at the level of mind. Those who want to take this seriously kindly keep reinforcing in your mind the above message. Develop similar messages against anything that influences or intimidates through power and money. You may not act on it. You may keep it a secret. But reinforce it in thoughts nevertheless.

More later

The messages will reach ones mind if one is sincere and mind can act at the right time to make the necessary changes possible.

I believe selfish people do not possess any of the positive qualities including courage and hide behind technology, money and power. Without these they will stand utterly exposed. All positive qualities seen are fake and intended to dupe the gullible public who lap it up knowingly or unknowingly.

In addition to degrading their power and money mentally, one could think of other things also. You may keep reinforcing the message that these guys lack courage and all positive qualities.

These people rely on things external for their strength and acquire them by brute force. They lack inner strength.

A weak person never succeedes. You have to become strong mentally. Gandhiji knew that physically he was not strong, but he was mentally strong and was ready for the consequences, even the might of British Empiire had to give in.

But even for individual salvation you have to be selfish. Othervise you will end up in limbo like Trishanku.
Prasad,

Self interest which is balancing in nature is fine. But selfishness is different. It is not only harmful to others but to self also.

There is a strong element of authenticity of the selfish because they are at the forefront of science and technology. But the lesson that will be learnt is whatever be ones credentials otherwise if one does not care for others the downfall will happen sooner or later.

One needs to practice in the mind their disapproval of the selfish and not be resigned to the selfish world. Let it keep happening. Once mind begins to imbibe it, it starts reflecting in one's actions. But I feel there should be enough people practicing and acting on it for changes to happen.

People naturally possess positive qualities and perfection. They are being hidden by negativity. So we really do not have to teach people on how to acquire positive qualities but only how to remove the impact of negativity. When people are under the spell of negativity they lose their natural thinking and are prone to be controlled by vested interests. The vested interests want people to be in that spell of negativity so that they can sustain their nefarious objectives.

A teacher can employ two techniques for teaching how to remove negativity. One is teaching how to remove the impact of negativity by force and the other by teaching how to assimilate the negative energy.

The first is the physical route and the latter the mental route. The physical route is by controlling negativity such as anger when it happens or actually acting in opposition to the negative energy. Once enough practice happens through actions and physical control, the corresponding control in the mind too happens and completes the process.

The second route is through the mind. You keep reinforcing in your mind that negativity needs to be stopped or not happen and again with enough practice the mind imbibes it and spontaneously right actions and events happen.

The fundamental rationale is nothing can influence or control us against our positive resolve. Nature takes care of that.

But even for individual salvation you have to be selfish. Othervise you will end up in limbo like Trishanku.
Honestly one doesnt have to be selfish or selfless.
One just have to assess the situation and act accordingly.

For eg, I find people who double park totally inconsiderate...they block cars of others.
Since I dont like being caught in such a situation, I never ever double park because I would not like to do unto others what I dont like myself.
I dont mind parking real far and walk to where I want or just come back some other time if I cant get parking.

So am I selfish or selfless?
No idea..but all I know is, its illegal to double park..so just follow rules which are meant to make lives of everyone more smooth.

Salvation is about not being on either end of the spectrum.
Both a selfish and selfless person are functioning for some personal interest.

Salvation is a journey of unloading polar opposites.

A weak person never succeedes. You have to become strong mentally. Gandhiji knew that physically he was not strong, but he was mentally strong and was ready for the consequences, even the might of British Empiire had to give in.
To a great extent both weak and strong arent really different.
In the "weak" minded one is paralyzed by one's ego and in the "strong" minded one is ruled by one's ego.

Both can lead to disastrous consequences as both are clouded by their own ego.

We can already see shades of "strong minded" overdrive in Elon Musk..seems unbalanced.

Coming to success, it again depends on what we define as success.

It can range from:
1) Winning the FIFA world cup..for eg Saudi Arabia viewed beating Argentina as a great success even though they havent won the World Cup.
That was their definition of success but another country might only view success as winning the World Cup.

2) Winning a beauty pagent.

3) Marrying a rich person.

4)Earning lots of money

5) Leading a spiritual life.

6) For a serial killer, success is getting a new victim and playing cat and mouse game with the police.

It all totally depends on our personal desires.

There is a strong element of authenticity of the selfish because they are at the forefront of science and technology. But the lesson that will be learnt is whatever be ones credentials otherwise if one does not care for others the downfall will happen sooner or later.
Not really, being in the forefront of science and tech does not lead to selfishness.
Its the nature of the person that leads to selfishness.
You may find a selfish beggar and a selfless scientists too.

Not really, being in the forefront of science and tech does not lead to selfishness.
Its the nature of the person that leads to selfishness.
You may find a selfish beggar and a selfless scientists too.
Renuka,

I meant the matter of fact is USA is at the forefront of technology. I would say not even at science because now we have mostly technology without science. But they are amongst the most selfish countries. by which I mean they act to the detriment of others to further their own interests

Renuka,

I meant the matter of fact is USA is at the forefront of technology. I would say not even at science because now we have mostly technology without science. But they are amongst the most selfish countries. by which I mean they act to the detriment of others to further their own interests
But being at the forefront of technology and in many other spheres cannot mean whatever they do is correct.

Renuka,

Lets not bring in USA..then its no more a neutral discussion.
Many other countries too are no different.

Being neutral or objective does not mean one should not criticize others. When such an attack is befitting and fair you are being objective. I am trying to be as objective as possible.

If you look at my posts for the past ten years or so I have been very critical of USA. In fact that is what brought me the personal tragedy. Saying that others are no different is a neat way of escaping consequences. Then why do you call yourself exceptional and a leader? Be one among the 200 plus nations. Even then you cannot hide behind anything and escape consequences.

Americans are the epitome of selfishness. I have not come across anyone with more small minded thinking. They are trying to use technology to control everyone. But they are getting left, right and center from the spiritual energy they are trying to control.

I always remember this when i think of Americans: Fools rush where angels fear to tread

My wife constantly used to say to not harbor negative thoughts against any one including the Americans though the negativity was justified. What an ironic twist finally

Latest ads

Back