• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Some silly, childish, selfish, amoral atheists and agnostics

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is all one kind of belief system or the other. There are many that do not fall into any of these classification.
Those are people who know from studying Vedas that Isvara has to be *understood* not believed !
The true vedantic person deals with ultimate reality there is ..
icon7.png

Perfect!!!!

Agnostics are not a confused lot. An agnostic is someone who does not know if God exists and/or they believe its impossible to know if God exists. That is not the same as confused mind you.

When you want to take a bus from your place to the other, to experience the new place and not sure of which bus can take you to your destination OR whether there is a bus shuttling between your place and your new destination, you will inquire with others, get the assurances, find the right route/bus and hop in to hop off in a right place, without wasting your time, money, energy. You will not bluntly take a bus assuming yourself to be the right one. If you do, you may end up with confusions, loss and frustration.

When you want to take a bus from your place to the other, to experience the new place and not sure of which bus can take you to your destination OR whether there is a bus shuttling between your place and your new destination, you will inquire with others, get the assurances, find the right route/bus and hop in to hop off in a right place, without wasting your time, money, energy. You will not bluntly take a bus assuming yourself to be the right one. If you do, you may end up with confusions, loss and frustration.
Not the perfect analogy
But anyway just for arguments sake - what if you know or think that the others are taking the wrong bus thinking that it is right one actually they dont even know the right destination they just think that the bus they take is taking them to the right destination

Last edited:
Not the perfect analogy

But anyway just for arguments sake - what if you know or think that the others are taking the wrong bus thinking that it is right one actually they dont even know the right destination they just think that the bus they take is taking them to the right destination

Thank you for your appraisal...

I neve ever think mine as a perfect analogy...I just share my views with some examples as possible to me.

---------------------
Regarding your cross questiong -

My analogy was not focused on how you think about others. My analogy was to expose how you should think and act for yourself....

Hope this clarifies...

Last edited:
Thank you for your appraisal...

I neve ever think mine as a perfect analogy...I just share my views with some examples as possible to me.

---------------------
Regarding your cross questiong -

My analogy was not focused on how you think about others. My analogy was to expose how you should think and act for yourself....

Hope this clarifies...

Dear Shri Ravi,

In all the discussions going on here about god, theism, agnosticism, etc., I feel we have two major groups or approaches. Some people are very sure that God exists and that the religious scriptures, advice from elders and Gurus, pravachanams, etc., tell you the correct method for knowing that God. So, for them, the tourist spot (destination in your analogy) is surely there and the bus route is what the religious scriptures, advice from elders and Gurus, pravachanams, etc., tell.

But don't you think there is a possibility of some others who may have lost their confidence or trust in what the religious scriptures, advice from elders and Gurus, pravachanams, etc., tell, and so would like to find out for themselves whether that tourist spot exists at all, and if it does, which bus route takes you fastest and most comfortably there? I suggest that you read the thread "Doubts about Hindu religion expressed by a swamiji in the making". This man went on to become a famous personage and champion of Hinduism but, nevertheless, he had doubts and that shows, at least to my mind, that getting such doubts is nothing sacrliegious but perhaps a signal of right progress, imho.

If no focus on others just take any bus why bother about what the others are taking

you will inquire with others, get the assurances,
If we inquire others there is some focus here on others
Whats the use they may not be taking the right bus only thinking that they are taking the right bus and also like I said earlier they may just be thinking that the bus will take to right destination
Actually the point is how do we know if the others are right

Dear Shri Ravi,

In all the discussions going on here about god, theism, agnosticism, etc., I feel we have two major groups or approaches. Some people are very sure that God exists and that the religious scriptures, advice from elders and Gurus, pravachanams, etc., tell you the correct method for knowing that God. So, for them, the tourist spot (destination in your analogy) is surely there and the bus route is what the religious scriptures, advice from elders and Gurus, pravachanams, etc., tell.

But don't you think there is a possibility of some others who may have lost their confidence or trust in what the religious scriptures, advice from elders and Gurus, pravachanams, etc., tell, and so would like to find out for themselves whether that tourist spot exists at all, and if it does, which bus route takes you fastest and most comfortably there? I suggest that you read the thread "Doubts about Hindu religion expressed by a swamiji in the making". This man went on to become a famous personage and champion of Hinduism but, nevertheless, he had doubts and that shows, at least to my mind, that getting such doubts is nothing sacrliegious but perhaps a signal of right progress, imho.

Shri Sangom,

Thank you for your explanations to project what is what...

BTW, I presented my anology to expose my views and not to profess any ideas/belief/way of life.

There are many possibilities of people losing their trust and confidence on religious scriptures and take a different way in their life. There are many possibilities of people coming back to where they were before (as Theists) just without adhering to religious scriptures.

I know the possibilities of many such changes of perceptions in Humans, living a complex life and complex emotions with their complex brain.

People are different, their life time experiences are different, their decisions are different and their decisions are subject to change in any point of life.

Here I present my views as what I believe. I think every one is doing that. I am not imposing my own self styled doctrine on others (who consider my views are wrong/dangerous or ridiculous, if they do) to make them confused, stranded or agitated.

Though I claim myself as Theist, I do have many doubts. But the doubts are not about "Does God exists"? Does Supernatural Power exists"? "Does our past karma and present karma influence our present life"? etc..etc..But the doubt is - "Can I be ever able to attain highest realization and be in absolute Selflessness, practicing spirituality while living this physical life of Kama/Krodha/Lobha/Prema etc..etc..?

My analogy to Amala was just to show that, indulging in spiritualy (just having been tought and seeing people into some kind of spirituality around) with a sense of Suspet, would not give true sense of satisfaction, peace, realization and continuity of inclination towards spirituality. Largely people pray at home and temple to get something good out of it only with some Faith/Belief on GOD/Supernatural powers. If one gets into these practices, it's better for them to do it with Bakthi, visiting temples and having Ishta Devatha. So that one can truly feel having something done sensibly.

The concept of GOD/Spirituality along with human psychology are all very complicated to debate, IMO. There is no end to it. Things can be interpreted in any way and 1000s of anologies can be presented to ponder on and get confused.

Ultimately, we gonna do what we feel. Though we know this, we tend to share our views and try to present them with some anology for debating purpose.

Considering all friends here, I express my views. It has nothing to do with considering others wrong and I am right.

God and spirituality is for oneself and not for the others to demonstrate and get the approval.

Theists, Atheists, Agnostics all are humans and have their own responsibilities, belief, faith and the style of living their life. We share here our views nothing else. I personally don't intend to put any one down.

1) If no focus on others just take any bus why bother about what the others are taking

2) If we inquire others there is some focus here on others
Whats the use they may not be taking the right bus only thinking that they are taking the right bus and also like I said earlier they may just be thinking that the bus will take to right destination
Actually the point is how do we know if the others are right

1) My statement while replying to your analogy, was not based on my analogy. It was to tell you that my analogy was to tell a person to think for one self and not about thinking of what procedures others apply for themselves. Because, in your analogy you were asking about others taking other route/bus.

2) Mine is a basic example of each of our day to day life. When you plan your trip you inquire through reliable sources and get to know how to reach. It was in the sense that - If one wants to do prayers at home and temples not for entertainment and fun BUT for some positivity, one should be focused on how to enhance and excell in spirituality, rather just doing it as a practice without purpose and with a sense of suspicion, that, IMO would be not fruitfull.

Ms Renuka,

a muslim scientist may be an atheist but cannot say out loudly....

because jihadis are ready to issue fatwa....

but here we can even make jokes on our lords....

that is why sanadana dharmam is great...
we arent terrifying anybody to accept our principles
show me a religion which does not compel its disciples to follow any rituals....
it says the truth and tell us to practice the correct things and clearly explains the results of 'karma'
u have freedom on ur karma..... u r free to enjoy the fruits of ur karma

so u r partly wrong, partly right bye

1) My statement while replying to your analogy, was not based on my analogy. It was to tell you that my analogy was to tell a person to think for one self and not about thinking of what procedures others apply for themselves. Because, in your analogy you were asking about others taking other route/bus.

2) Mine is a basic example of each of our day to day life. When you plan your trip you inquire through reliable sources and get to know how to reach. It was in the sense that - If one wants to do prayers at home and temples not for entertainment and fun BUT for some positivity, one should be focused on how to enhance and excell in spirituality, rather just doing it as a practice without purpose and with a sense of suspicion, that, IMO would be not fruitfull.

I never analogized I just replied to your post on the "bus"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back