• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Interview about Spirituality

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reporting was done by the guard so this is the observation of the guard and his assumption is that the reason he was practicing his Yoga to lift up defying gravity(which he claimed he saw) was for escaping. I am not sure if Morarji Deasi was asked about this yogic feat or what he said about it. Remember these are all just hearsay info. I was not witness to that.
This is where the faithful who believe in the power of Yoga as method for converting "Spiritual Power" to "Physical power" will believe this to be true and even quite possible.

I think this is the subject of Sravna's research at present!
As he suggests I will wait eagerly/patiently for his (contd) writings on the subject.

Thanks Ray. I appreciate your patience

The difficulty is mostly in estimating the exact time frame for the solution. If you remember I have been mentioning that I feel the power is increasing constantly and the reduction or the total disappearance of ailments that I have been having seems to be a testimony to that, So I think after a certain level of power most of the problems can be solved by thoughts alone.

Q)What is the specificity and sensitivity of your techniques?

To me it seems that you are sending out spiritual thought waves in a non specific fashion expecting it to auto-correct any organic or inorganic imbalance.

That is if you want to cure someone..all you do is send out thought waves and those waves should "know' what to do.

Therefore my question to you on specificity and sensitivity is important.

Q) Now a question that you can choose not to answer if you feel its a bit too personal.

The Question is..."How are you so sure all these spiritual power ability is not a fiction of your imagination?"

Good question...speed of thought in a healthy human is actually hard to decipher cos thought process too needs substrate for energy source and is the mind actually capable to transmit thought waves without a medium?

For example in vacuum or in space...can thought waves of a person orbiting in space be transmitted to another person on earth?

Dear Renuka,

Thoughts dont travel like light since they transcend space. They are instantaneously present everywhere in space i.e., everywhere in the universe. Thoughts have a frequency and a person's brain is generally receptive to the frequency of his own thoughts and not any other.

Dear Renuka,

Thoughts dont travel like light since they transcend space. They are instantaneously present everywhere in space i.e., everywhere in the universe. Thoughts have a frequency and a person's brain is generally receptive to the frequency of his own thoughts and not any other.

Sravna...light travels by radiation and does not need a medium.

So I assume thought waves should travel like how light does?

So which is faster? Light or the thought waves?

OK..now a hypothetical question...it might seem illogical to ask this..but no harm me asking this.

Is it possible for thought waves to exert a Radioactive effect?

Q)What is the specificity and sensitivity of your techniques?

To me it seems that you are sending out spiritual thought waves in a non specific fashion expecting it to auto-correct any organic or inorganic imbalance.

That is if you want to cure someone..all you do is send out thought waves and those waves should "know' what to do.

Therefore my question to you on specificity and sensitivity is important.

To accomplish an objective we think and implement the thoughts, To find a cure for a health problem for example we come up with a hypothesis to solve the problem and based on it develop a drug to cure the problem. So the solution which is the drug is a piece of energy in reality that can act upon the effects of the disease and probably bring about the desired result.

In the case of spiritual solutions, the thoughts by itself can produce the energy instead of we having to produce something like a drug
and this energy is what cures the problem. To me it has been a subconscious process .

Regarding knowing the specifics of the person and the problem, I believe the mind can get all the information to find the specifics , something like interacting at its own reality.

Q) Now a question that you can choose not to answer if you feel its a bit too personal.

The Question is..."How are you so sure all these spiritual power ability is not a fiction of your imagination?"

No No it is not personal. It is not imagination because I am seeing results happening whenever I use spiritual energy.

OK..now a hypothetical question...it might seem illogical to ask this..but no harm me asking this.

Obviously thoughts are faster. Thoughts can exert force but I dont think you can call it radioactive . Radioactivity is different.

Sravana,
In the meanwhile I am going through your website and reading/trying to understand your take on the subject of Science and Spirituality.
I am glad we have a Medical Doctor in the forum who is keeping us all out of trouble with respect to the realities of the human body.
Your Connection of Science and Spirituality through the mind is very accurate in my opinion.
You attempts to use Spirituality to change the physical environment especially that of one's body is also commendable.
Is is an abstract Science and hard to prove Scientifically.
The term Faith is used generously in the Spiritual Sciences(an oxymoron perhaps)
analogous to Proof in Science.
I would like to take this offline and communicate with you via email if you prefer.
That will keep private discussions away from a Forum like this.
Is that OK with you?

Sravana,
In the meanwhile I am going through your website and reading/trying to understand your take on the subject of Science and Spirituality.
I am glad we have a Medical Doctor in the forum who is keeping us all out of trouble with respect to the realities of the human body.
Your Connection of Science and Spirituality through the mind is very accurate in my opinion.
You attempts to use Spirituality to change the physical environment especially that of one's body is also commendable.
Is is an abstract Science and hard to prove Scientifically.
The term Faith is used generously in the Spiritual Sciences(an oxymoron perhaps)
analogous to Proof in Science.
I would like to take this offline and communicate with you via email if you prefer.
That will keep private discussions away from a Forum like this.
Is that OK with you?

Definitely you are most welcome. My email id is [email protected]

Thoughts travel along the Time dimension. When it travels in the negative time direction then it is called recollection and can be real. When it travels in the positive time direction then it is called projection of the future and it may be real or just a hypothesis to be made real later in time.
So that would be one way of envisioning the thought process.

Have your heard of the Geller effect. Uri Geller, an Israeli psychic/magician, used his thought powers to bend a spoon and supposedly demonstrated it. I am skeptical about that though and it is generally thought of as some magicians illusion or trick.

Only Sravna can throw some light/thought on that.

Last edited:
Thoughts travel along the Time dimension. When it travels in the negative time direction then it is called recollection and can be real. When it travels in the positive time direction then it is called projection of the future and it may be real or just a hypothesis to be made real later in time.
So that would be one way of envisioning the thought process.

Have your heard of the Geller effect. Uri Geller, an Israeli psychic/magician, used his thought powers to bend a spoon and supposedly demonstrated it. I am skeptical about that though and it is generally thought of as some magicians illusion or trick.

Only Sravna can throw some light/thought on that.

Dear Raysundar,

No need to be skeptical about uri geller's act. I can understand it can be genuine. Thoughts can be either forceful in nature or spiritual in nature. Uri Geller's effect is one due to force of thoughts. As ones producing spiritual energy, thoughts are spiritual in nature.

Dear Raysundar,

No need to be skeptical about uri geller's act. I can understand it can be genuine. Thoughts can be either forceful in nature or spiritual in nature. Uri Geller's effect is one due to force of thoughts. As ones producing spiritual energy, thoughts are spiritual in nature.
Frankly, I already knew what your answer would be since in all your writings you talk about the connections between Spiritual Energy/Power and Physical Energy/Power.
I think you are on the verge of some major Einstein like equation:

Physical Energy = (Sravna Factor) OPER (Spiritual Energy)

and an associated Power equation.

Dear Raysundar,

From the point of view of advaita philosophy, Physical and mental energy are veiled spiritual energy. There have been great thinkers from our country who have given so much knowledge that the current scientific knowledge would be dwarfed by that knowledge.

Dear Raysundar,

Dear Sravna,

What if Uri Geller too was a spiritual person?

May be he too was using spiritual energy which he could direct it extremely well as to bend a spoon.

Why do you feel his energy was forceful and not so spiritual?

Dear Sravna,

What if Uri Geller too was a spiritual person?

May be he too was using spiritual energy which he could direct it extremely well as to bend a spoon.

Why do you feel his energy was forceful and not so spiritual?

Dear Renuka,

Anything that makes something move or deform it is caused by force.

BTW. Another great examplary character demonstrating of Spiritual Power was India's Genius Mathematician Ramanujam.
Supposedly his village Diety gave him the Spiritual Guidance to write all his mathematical identities and equations based on mere intuition/Spiritual power. Many of them were proved later on by other scholars.

Dear Renuka,

Anything that makes something move or deform it is caused by force.

Sravna...its unfair to say this

Spirituality too can be forceful...you yourself has said this in another thread that that spiritual energy can be violent too.

OK...that way Avatars too resorted to fights with rivals with force.

Ravan did not fall down himself..Rama brought him down by a weapon.

Narasimha avatar tore Hiranyakashipu with his Vajra Nakha..

Parashurama was the most violent of all almost serial killing in eliminating Kshatriyas..

So going by this..would you say Lord Rama,Narasimha and Parashurama were NOT spiritual?

You feel spiritual power is gentle like a breeze that blows away the clouds of negativity? I need to go Thiagaraja here...Dhanuja Neera Dhara Sameerana!

Actually if you feel that spirituality has to only be subtle and gentle it could be the play of your own mind to go into safe mode cos that way you need not actually provide evidence and everything would depend on hear say evidence of the faith kind.

Last edited:
Sravna...its unfair to say this

Spirituality too can be forceful...you yourself has said this in another thread that that spiritual energy can be violent too.

OK...that way Avatars too resorted to fights with rivals with force.

Ravan did not fall down himself..Rama brought him down by a weapon.

Narasimha avatar tore Hiranyakashipu with his Vajra Nakha..

Parashurama was the most violent of all almost serial killing in eliminating Kshatriyas..

So going by this..would you say Lord Rama,Narasimha and Parashurama were NOT spiritual?

You feel spiritual power is gentle like a breeze that blows away the clouds of negativity? I need to go Thiagaraja here...Dhanuja Neera Dhara Sameerana!

Actually if you feel that spirituality has to only be subtle and gentle it could be the play of your own mind to go into safe mode cos that way you need not actually provide evidence and everything would depend on hear say evidence of the faith kind.

Dear Renuka,

Spiritual energy is forceful in the sense it can take away the force from the physical energy. That is with force taken off, the physical energy becomes spiritual. This is nothing but unveiling of maya in the parlance of advaita.

Gods employ force because that is the purpose generally of avatars to kill evil and wicked men. You have to see the purpose only here

The Spiritual Eenergy Theory: Uri Geller focused his Spiritual Energy into radiated heat energy to bend the spoon.
The Scientific magician Theory: There was a hidden solenoid under the table that inductively heated the steel spoon to melt it.

The modern induction heating stove is based on the latter Scientific theory which was well known at the time Uri Geller did this supposedly Psychokinesis effect on the spoon!

It is actually detrimental to the acquisition of new knowledge if we become complacent about our scientific and technological progress when in reality we have not even gotten out of our solar system. The progress is negligible by let us say universal standards and we need to have an open mind for any paradigm that promises to usher in knowledge.

Dr. Renuka,
After seeing your other postings I see that you are in real life a Medical Doctor, well versed in Sanskrit and our Vedic Scriptures.
My salutations and congratulations to you for your intelligence and knowledge.

I believe some research is going in the field of human thought and whether it can be transmitted between two humans.
With regard to this though, I first of all have a more fundamental thought.

A person born completely blind, with eye as a sensory organ completely shut off, what does the blind person perceive as the colors, like red, blue, green etc. Because all that wee sense is interpreted by our thoughts to correspond to some stored info in the brain.
So that may be a cue to understand how thought can be transmitted and what is its medium.
Now that I am retired I am free to focus on this interesting subject of Science and Spirituality in this thread line of discussions.

Dear Ray,

Thank you for your encouraging words.

There has already been studies in that direction about transmission of thought waves from human to human.

I believe its entire possible after all that is how signals are transmitted and we get audio visual images.

I have even seen a video long back about thought waves been transformed into visual images.

The saying goes..what the brain does not perceive the brain does not know.

Therefore someone who is entirely blind from birth would have no idea what colors look like..becos his visual centre in the brain has never been exposed to it BUT when one sense organ is down..the others became more receptive and some who are visually impaired are said to be able to "feel" colors...some people are also known to be able to "smell' colors..so its all depends on how we perceive and process input in our brain or mind.

But at the same time I always wondered...we Hindus believe that mind stores all data from each birth and some are habits called Vasanas...so what if a person was NOT blind in a previous birth and his mind stored all visual data...how come when in this birth when he is blind he is NOT able to tap into the stored visual data of his previous life?

That shows that to a great extent existence does follow physical laws.

For most actions even the thought to do something for example picking up a pen..the thought of doing it sets off a relay of neuronal transmission via a process called depolarization and signals are transmitted and also received.

Now even if we drag in philosophy the Pranamaya Kosha(Sheath of Prana) is in between the Annamaya Kosha(Gross Sheath) and the Manomaya Kosha(Mental Sheath).

In philosophy the Prana is supposed to be the "subtle transmitter" to transmit thoughts from the mind to the brain.

According to Paramhamsa Yogananda, Prana is supposedly negatively charged...interestingly depolarization in transmission of impulses in human cells also involves a negative shift in charge.

Yes...I too like Science and Spirituality..there is some missing link still but I still am very much evidence based in my perception.

Last edited:
I have nibbled the surface of the theory when browsing for other references, but since you mentioned it specifically I googled for it.

http://fractalfoundation.org/resources/what-is-chaos-theory/

[/LIST]

At the bottom was an interesting quote from Einstein

:) Now I think you are arguing in my favour !

It is not that simple.

I still insist that you go to a good Library and study Chaos. It will be rewarding.

I would recommend the same to Sravna too. It has relevance to what he is attempting. Good luck.

It is not that simple.

I still insist that you go to a good Library and study Chaos. It will be rewarding.

I would recommend the same to Sravna too. It has relevance to what he is attempting. Good luck.
Sure Shri Vaagmi. I will try to.

Sravna,
After I posted the Q's I went your website and read your writeup on Logical Understanding and Applications of Spirituality

It is fairly clear that Spirituality and Science are +inf and -inf meaning they are infinitely far apart or infinitesimally close.
You say measure Spiritual power via a conversion to physical power.

I have only heard of stories about such things.
Long back there was this political leader, Morarji Desai, who I think became PM of India and even visited US. He claimed to drink his own urine for health benefits, and people in America joked that the US President should propose a toast to him with Urine!
Anyway, the story goes that when he was imprisoned, I believe by Indira Gandhi during her emergency rule, the guards who were watching him in prison say they saw him performing Yoga and lifting up his physical body by defying gravity through meditative power of Yoga and trying to escape from an opening above!

I dismissed that as total nonsense unless it can repeated in front of Scientific audience.

Is that what you mean by conversion of spiritual power to physical power.

Dear Ray,

I did not mean that though I would agree with what you say which is spiritual power being used to produce physical power. I was actually answering your question on the measurement of spiritual energy which I believe can be measured by measuring the amount of physical power to break the interconnectedness created by spiritual power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back