• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Interview about Spirituality

Status
Not open for further replies.

renuka

Dear Sravna,

I will start with a few simple questions.

1)When did you start to feel Spirituality had an influence in your life? At what age?

2)How did you know it was Spirituality? That is ...what were the signs and symptoms?

3)Do you think Spirituality was a Free Will for you or was it part of your Karma?

Dear Renuka,

I would like to thank you for showing interest to understand my experiences in spirituality. As I said, I myself am very much a learner and believe I have a long way to go before I understand spirituality in real depth. But I would be happy to answer your questions based on what I have learnt and hopefully all can benefit from this interaction.

Since I believe that the best way to make people show interest and get involved in spirituality is to make them see the logic behind what has been passed on as faith, I will as far as possible apply logic to my experiences.

Now let me try to answer your questions.

1)When did you start to feel Spirituality had an influence in your life? At what age?

Surprisingly, spirituality was never a conscious part of my life initially. Not till I was close to 40 years. The prelude to my initiation to spirituality was a health problem that started when I went to U.S for my Master's degree. I developed problems in controlling my emotions and was getting disturbed in mind. all the treatments to control this fully proved of little use and this continued for just over ten years. But now looking back I believe that spirituality was at work even then without my understanding of it because the problems never went totally out of control and as I mentioned before would always come in control at the right time.

The understanding that I had spiritual abilities dawned on me when the problem suddenly seemed to intensify in 2007. That I when something told me that I should consciously try to control the disease. I tried and what a surprise, the symptoms would immediately come under control. Even at that time I tried to use logic in employing the power based on my understanding of what is happening to control the disease. That is how the knowledge developed and as the disease would try to pose new challenges, I would employ new methods to control them.

So in conclusion, I would say I felt that I began to understand spirituality not until I reached 40 but without my knowledge I believe it had been working all along.

2)How did you know it was Spirituality? That is ...what were the signs and symptoms?

The reason I understood it as spirituality because the logic I used to control my problem, was in line with spiritual knowledge .
There were no real signs or symptoms. The only way it showed its presence was in mitigating the effects of my problems. But though recently I have been experiencing positive signs such as the feeling of positive energy for very short durations and this is gradually increasing. There seems to be method to all this though I am yet to decipher it properly.

3)Do you think Spirituality was a Free Will for you or was it part of your Karma?

I believe everything is part of karma even free will.You have more free will when you are more spiritual because you are not imprisoned by emotions.​

Nice interaction between the 2 of you...Good questions and thought provoking answers...Look forward to more of this!

Surprisingly, spirituality was never a conscious part of my life initially. Not till I was close to 40 years. The prelude to my initiation to spirituality was a health problem that started when I went to U.S for my Master's degree. I developed problems in controlling my emotions and was getting disturbed in mind. all the treatments to control this fully proved of little use and this continued for just over ten years. But now looking back I believe that spirituality was at work even then without my understanding of it because the problems never went totally out of control and as I mentioned before would always come in control at the right time.

The understanding that I had spiritual abilities dawned on me when the problem suddenly seemed to intensify in 2007. That I when something told me that I should consciously try to control the disease. I tried and what a surprise, the symptoms would immediately come under control. Even at that time I tried to use logic in employing the power based on my understanding of what is happening to control the disease. That is how the knowledge developed and as the disease would try to pose new challenges, I would employ new methods to control them.

So in conclusion, I would say I felt that I began to understand spirituality not until I reached 40 but without my knowledge I believe it had been working all along.

Dear Sravna,

As a doctor I might view this situation a bit differently but at the same time I have an open mind to also understand that some forms of spiritual awakening can mimic a depression and even a mood disorder.

Sometimes even depression can be trigger for a spiritual awakening but also one might mistake a depression for spiritual awakening.

As long as you are aware of the difference then it should have no real major impact but always keep an watchful eye on all your experiences.

The reason I understood it as spirituality because the logic I used to control my problem, was in line with spiritual knowledge .
There were no real signs or symptoms. The only way it showed its presence was in mitigating the effects of my problems. But though recently I have been experiencing positive signs such as the feeling of positive energy for very short durations and this is gradually increasing. There seems to be method to all this though I am yet to decipher it properly.

A friend of mine who is under the guidance of a Guru who is from the Giri Parampara had a similar condition like you.

The Guru advised him not to over analyse any situation cos sometimes even trying to decipher a major change only adds to our anxiety.

So may be there is even no need to decipher.

I believe everything is part of karma even free will.You have more free will when you are more spiritual because you are not imprisoned by emotions.​

I have to agree here as long as we are in control.

Question No 4.

When applying or using "spiritual powers" how do you know if your target has been reached and what you intended has been completed?

For example if we are downloading or uploading something...once its done it shows download or upload completed.

So in your case...is there a feedback mechanism when spiritual power is used?

If there is..how and what are the feedback mechanisms?

Dear Renuka,

I have been away from my computer. I will answer your question tomorrow, though I will log in a bit late.

When applying or using "spiritual powers" how do you know if your target has been reached and what you intended has been completed?

Most of the times I work on intuition. On major issues and in the long term, I am able to say if something will work. Regarding knowing when the solution would be reached, mostly an event happens which I am able to interpret as the nearing of solution.

Last edited:

Most of the times I work on intuition. On major issues and in the long term, I am able to say if something will work. Regarding knowing when the solution would be reached, mostly an event happens which I am able to interpret as the nearing of solution.

Dear Sravna,

That means there is no feed back mechanism..therefore almost impossible to quantify and to qualify effects.

Ok next questions.

5)Where is God and Karma in this whole scenario of spiritual power usage on your side?

6)What are the possible side effects for your when you decide to use spiritual powers?

5)Where is God and Karma in this whole scenario of spiritual power usage on your side?

Using spiritual power is not working beyond the will of God or removing the effects of karma. Each one is endowed or deprived based on the effects of karma. Those who are endowed can be blessed with money and other materialistic power or on the other hand with spiritual power. So the existence of the power is in accordance with karma and the will of God.

I believe the more the spiritual power the more it is likely that is used exactly in alignment with nature.

What are the possible side effects for your when you decide to use spiritual powers?

As I said in my answer to earlier question, the extent of power decides your propensity to use it properly. If you use it against the flow of nature then side effects happen. By more power, I mean crossing a threshold beyond which you cannot think of using your power in a negative way.

7) Dear Sravna..just as your are using Spiritual power which is actually directing the energy already present in the cosmos for Jagat Hita.

But at the same time you can not deny that Asuric/Rakshasic/Demonic forces too are in the cosmos...so your spiritual power too stand the risk of being opposed by another person and would lose some of it efficacy before reaching the target zone.

So how do you deal with some loss of efficacy in your powers?

8)What is your Kryptonite?

Even super heros have one weakness..Superman has Kryptonite as his weakness..so what is yours..what diminishes your spiritual powers?

just as your are using Spiritual power which is actually directing the energy already present in the cosmos for Jagat Hita But at the same time you can not deny that Asuric/Rakshasic/Demonic forces too are in the cosmos...so your spiritual power too stand the risk of being opposed by another person and would lose some of it efficacy before reaching the target zone.

So how do you deal with some loss of efficacy in your powers?

Yes you are right. I am able to see that there are forces that can potentially diminish the efficacy of the spiritual power. There are two obvious ways of addressing this. One by diminishing the efficacy of the physical forces and the other by increasing the potency of the spiritual power. Fortunately, based on my experiences it seems both can be done. After a certain stage, it is my belief that the physical forces can be totally and permanently triumphed over.

To give a simple example of fighting against a physical force, consider a disease like cancer. To control it one needs to control the progress of the disease which is due to the power of the disease and then provide enough energy to remove all the effects it has created.

8)What is your Kryptonite?

Even super heros have one weakness..Superman has Kryptonite as his weakness..so what is yours..what diminishes your spiritual powers?

Physical and mental energies can pretty much diminish spiritual efficacy. But it only up to a threshold after which no force can. I can clearly say that I have not yet reached the threshold and so the power is subject to the effects of other forces.

9)How is spiritual power measured? Since you mentioned that you might need to increase the potency of spiritual power to counter effect the negative forces...so what is the unit used to measure spiritual power?

How do you know when you are using more or less?

That is why I had asked earlier that what is the feedback mechanism?

Without a proper feedback mechanism how do you know when you are using more energy or less energy?

10) How do you recharge after using your powers?

BTW do you get billed for using spiritual energy? We all pay electric bills right?LOL(just kidding)

How is spiritual power measured? Since you mentioned that you might need to increase the potency of spiritual power to counter effect the negative forces...so what is the unit used to measure spiritual power?

How do you know when you are using more or less?

That is why I had asked earlier that what is the feedback mechanism?

Without a proper feedback mechanism how do you know when you are using more energy or less energy?

Most of the times, the use of spiritual power is not a conscious process. I just say something like "let the energy keep increasing and solve the problem" and I do nothing after that except when the problem persists when I consciously work for some time when I can pump in more energy. Since the process is mostly subconscious, I do not have to get any feedback but I do get some indications when the problem is getting solved.

Spiritual power is measured in terms of extent of connectedness it can make. The more it can make something interconnected, the more is the power

Last edited:
10) How do you recharge after using your powers?

BTW do you get billed for using spiritual energy? We all pay electric bills right?LOL(just kidding

Since it is the power of the soul which is beyond space and time, the energy is boundless and that is how I feel. I never recharge, the energy keeps coming. I think I should have already paid my karmic bill.

Last edited:
Here are some more thoughts. Since spiritual energy is a harmonising energy you cannot do anything negative with it but it is possible that you use it in a selfish way, that is for one's own good. The balance between good of self and good of others increase with more and more power until a point is reached after which one uses it in a perfectly balanced way. So eventually, one and all are benefited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back