• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Info needed regarding tonsuring

Hi,

I am Sriram from Coimbatore.

Every year after Thamizh puthandu, I used to tonsure my head in my kula deiva temple in Palani or in Marudhamalai (CBE). My father in law passed a way in July 2018. The apakaaryam had been performed by his younger brother.

I have to tonsure this year as well but I am not sure am I allowed to do before my father in law's Varushaabdheegam.

Please advice if I will also have theetu until his Varushabdheegam or I can tonsure?

FYI: I am a Smartha Brahmin and my wife side belongs to Madhwa Brahmin community.

Thanks,
Sriram

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back