• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

India withdraws 500 and 1000 denomination

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are citizen responsible to support and express solidarity to the Prime Minister and his current surgical war against graft, Black Marketing, terrorism, etc

They have full faith in him and his bold schemes.

And now they saw even milkmen accepting cheques

Changes are taking place like e-payment, digital money transanctions, debit and credit cards started functioning with full swing.

Slowly but surely our nation is moving towards a
low-cash economy.

Let us welcome the change and try to understand that problems we face are temporary repeat temporary.

Of course the proverb is ‘No pain and no gain’.

Did you get welcomed with garlands? ........ .
Not with a garland but with big grins! :D

In the first shop, a sales girl checked all the sarees that I bought, for any possible defect, which is NOT done usually.

In the second shop, small gift items - 50 in number- were brought from another branch within half an hour. :cool:

Nice to be an aam aadhmi too! :)

[h=1]SC says situation after demonetisation serious, there could be riots[/h]

The Supreme Court on Friday questioned the government’s move to reduce the exchange limit of old notes from Rs 4,500 to Rs 2,000, saying the situation was serious and there could be riots.

The court, which came down hard on the Modi government, also refused its request to put on hold petitions pending in various high courts challenging the decision to scrap Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 banknotes that has led to a scramble for cash across the country.
“We asked you to give some relief but you have reduced the exchange limit,” the court said, referring to the previous hearing when it asked the government to ensure that people were not incontinenced.
“Is there a printing problem?” Chief Justice of India TS Thakur asked attorney general Mukul Rohatgi.
The Centre was facing problem in moving cash to banks, ATMs and post offices, the government’s top law officer said. He also said it was not possible for the government of give Rs 100 notes to everyone.
The government’s surprise decision to scrap high-value currency has led to cash chaos in the country, with snaking queues outside banks and ATMs even after 10 days of the decision. The high-value notes accounted for 86% of the currency in circulation.
Multiply petitions reflected the scale of the problem, the court said, adding it might move pleas pending in various high courts to the one in Delhi.

Adjourning the matter for November 25, it asked the attorney general to move transfer petitions, which the court would consider.
The Centre on Thursday reduced to 2,000 the limit for one-time exchange of old notes in a fresh list of measures to ease the cash crunch.
The government, which has limited cash withdrawals, has struggled to keep up with the demand for cash. Several people have complained that banks were giving them Rs 2,000 notes that were of little use in face of the currency shortage.
Rohatgi also clashed with Kapil Sibal who is representing one of the petitioners to have challenged the demonetisation move. He accused Sibal, a senior Congress leader, of turning the court into a political platform.
As Rohtagi listed steps taken by the government, Sibal said if the AG was to be believed then “there is swarg (heaven) outside”. “I can’t be denied my legitimate money of which the government is a trustee,” Sibal said.
Opposition parties, including the Congress, have accused the Centre of imposing economic emergency. The two sides have clashed in Parliament as well, with the opposition demanding that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who announced demonetisation decision on November 8, be present in the House to answer their queries.

Exchange Of Old [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs. 500 And 1,000 Notes For New May Be Stopped: Government Sources

NEW DELHI: [/FONT]
The government is considering whether to stop the exchange of old notes for new ones, said sources to NDTV today. Yesterday, the limit on a one-time swap of the old bills for new ones was lowered from [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 4,500 to [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 2,000. But, sources said, the government is concerned about the misuse of this offer and feel it is "clogging the banking system."

A series of reports have shown the same people trading in old [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 500 and [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 1,000 notes, depriving others of their entitlement.

After the ban on [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 500 and [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 1,000 notes, the government said that the bills must be deposited in banks by the end of the year. It announced that individuals could, for now, exchange up to [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 4,000 worth of old notes for the new [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 500 and [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 2,000 notes. That limit was raised to [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 4,500 earlier this week and then brought down to [FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT] 2,000.

Finance Ministry officials acknowledged that there was clear evidence of people using proxies to collect the new notes, or of those who had already collected their quota or lining up again at banks.

To prevent this, banks were told to use indelible ink to mark those who'd made the swap, a tactic used in elections. But banks have reported a shortage of or no access to the inks and some have been using permanent markers.

[FONT=&quot]Won't End Exchange Of Old [/FONT][FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 500 And 1000 Notes For New Ones, Clarify Government Sources

[/FONT]
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/wont-end-exchange-of-old-notes-for-new-ones-clarify-government-sources-1627138
[FONT=&quot]Won't End Exchange Of Old [/FONT][FONT=RupeeForadianRegular !important]Rs.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 500 And 1000 Notes For New Ones, Clarify Government Sources[/FONT]

Both. First, NDTV reported as per post 104. Later government gave the clarification as per post 105. Both the reports came within a short period of time hence the confusion..

736873b0da914bf5831476a4d8c9deda21edc057-tc-img-web.jpg

The heart of India’s businesses lies with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Demonetization is a great reform for the long run but one that’s had a short-term blow for day-to-day functioning of small companies. One can argue whether these were operating in the right way or the wrong way, but they are for now strapped for functioning monies. This has disrupted operations, shuttered down factory sheds, and sent into disarray seasonal cycles of different businesses. On the other hand, it’s opened them up to the notion that survival of business will be by the books, paying ‘cost of convenience’ i.e. the Indian jugaad for bribes and touts will drastically slide. SMEs hope that the Prime Minister’s effort will mean an internal shakeup of the inspector raj fostered by governments themselves. There are genuine challenges for demonetization to become one of the best moves for India’s SMEs.
I was speaking to a wedding and greeting card manufacturer in Delhi’s Chawri bazaar who says they have had no petty cash to pay printing labour, who are in dire need to make ends meet. He raised two key issues: One, many customers have called off already-completed orders because they have no ability to pay. Presumably in this business, many customers also showed keenness to spend in cash. Two, many card manufacturers block large deals ahead of the season (upcoming ones being New Year and Valentine’s Day) from China, where they have paid advances but have fewer means to get those orders completed. Worse, once these shipments arrive in India, the bulk buyers who function in cash will no longer be around to buy them, causing a multi-seasonal loss, threatening business survival.

In Punjab, there are businesses that are into production of pumps, sports gear and other such products, some of which may even be exported. The main issue, as an industrialist points out, is with labour. “They are labour migrants who travel across India hunting for jobs and often don’t have ID cards or banking history,” he explains.
In the small industries, 80 to 90 per cent work culture is based on cash. They have been forced to keep shutters down to first manage the larger problem of how to declare and then to digitise themselves and turn fully bankable.
Another manufacturer of motors in Ludhiana believed the Central government has clearly done a lot of spadework in helping people open accounts, but the impact has been mixed. Employees have been forced to open bank accounts and have Aadhar cards, but the labour is far from this process yet.
The manufacturer believes the government has not taken into account the need for systemic reform. “By demonetization, you may have sucked out the money. I don’t sell product to my dealer without a bill, but we all know dealers do a lot of adjustments because they are multibrand sellers. That will affect sales and production of companies. My sales are down to 20 per cent of what they used to be. I am hoping this will be a temporary phase as the taxation in pumps is as it is quite low and many are already doing business in white.”

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/column-jugaad-economy-shuts-shop-2274461

OH, but is for the greater good.

Today I also stood in the bank queue...then only I realised that world's best economists and political vizards are also there in my company...the ease with people exchanged their critical view of demonetization forced me to think that all the wisdom is out here! People here are quite competent to comment why Korea could not push it's demonetization why USA could never think of such a measure ever.... So all the wise men are out on a queue..Then with whom Modi is making his policies to run the country!!?

Last edited:
Yesterday my visit to I O B was futile! :pout:

So, today I wanted to try my luck and wow... I was the last person to receive the amount fixed for today, viz 6000 bucks!

Something is better than nothing, right? And hence there was no need to sing 'that' NSK song again!
wink-new.png

Banks across the country will remain open on Saturday and follow normal working hours to complete pending work, but only for their own customers. Currency exchange of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes will not be allowed today for customers of other banks, the Indian Banks Association said. However, senior citizens are exempted and can go to any bank branch to exchange old notes.

“All these days our own customers have suffered because we have not been able to do their work. So, we have seen lot of pending work at branches especially for our existing customers. We, from IBA, have taken a view that tomorrow, that is, on Saturday we shall be exclusively doing work for our own customers. And tomorrow we will not be doing exchange of notes (for outside customers),” IBA chairman Rajeev Rishi said Friday. This move is applicable only on Saturday and from Monday onwards, the people would be allowed to exchange notes at any bank branch.
http://indianexpress.com/article/bu...banks-today-senior-citizens-exempted-4383590/

I am forced to take out cheque books which I hardly ever used in the past.

I had switched over to cards and ATMs , online payments long back.

Now I cannot recognise my own signature.

I hardly use the pen to write anything.

PCs laptops have spoiled us.

Today I also stood in the bank queue...then only I realised that world's best economists and political vizards are also there in my company...the ease with people exchanged their critical view of demonetization forced me to think that all the wisdom is out here! People here are quite competent to comment why Korea could not push it's demonetization why USA could never think of such a measure ever.... So all the wise men are out on a queue..Then with whom Modi is making his policies to run the country!!?
hi

making QUEUE is for famous in india...from temple to bank....just pain for common man...just visited TIRUPATI YESTERDAY....LUCKLY NO RUSH

EASY AND NICE KALYANOTSAVAM DARSHAN....SPECIAL HUNDIS FOR 500/1000 DENOMINATIONS...

Last edited:
........ Now I cannot recognise my own signature.

I hardly use the pen to write anything. PCs laptops have spoiled us.
Very true, Krish Sir!

When I sign several times on papers for I T returns, each sign is different! :shocked:

When I told this to my auditor, he said he too has the SAME problem and not to worry! :D

My dad had been to the Bank...He told the clerk about some old Re 1 notes lying with him. A North Indian gentleman overheard the conversation and was ready to give a good?? Conversion....How is that possible if it is not legal tender anymore?

My dad had been to the Bank...He told the clerk about some old Re 1 notes lying with him. A North Indian gentleman overheard the conversation and was ready to give a good?? Conversion....How is that possible if it is not legal tender anymore?

Re 1/- currency is almost extinct and very very dear in demand. I personally know a case were a one rupee packet was bought by a gentleman for a whopping 47000/- It was about 6-7 years back. Today I suppose it could fetch
even more!!

Re 1/- currency is almost extinct and very very dear in demand. I personally know a case were a one rupee packet was bought by a gentleman for a whopping 47000/- It was about 6-7 years back. Today I suppose it could fetch
even more!!
hi

i have Re1/ bundle for hundred......not now in my hand....still i kept in USA....i know the value will be more soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back