• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear S S Sir,

Many of us do that. And ....... I leave two sticks inside the box, while keeping in the almirah. :)

With jewellers minting money by of wastage, purity of gold while taking old jewellery, really it is a good idea in remodelling the old Jewell ourselves and using it.
Thank you Sir!
P.S: Leaving this thread unattended makes me search 10 pages in Chit Chat forum to dig it out!! :fish2:

''கூழுக்கும் ஆசை; மீசைக்கும் ஆசை!''

Traditional and moderately traditional brahmin sumangalis wish to wear 'Thali' but find it difficult to maintain the 'charadu',

since it has to be smeared with turmeric powder often, to maintain its color. Long back, gold chains have replaced the 'charadu'

but there is a fear of not wearing charadu! I found a solution three decades back. Take a short charadu just enough to hold the

golden thirumAngalyam pieces and tie its ends to the gold chain. :cool: right?

Some ladies get allergy on the back side of their neck due to a few brands of turmeric powder. This method will be safe for them! :)

A short silver chain attaches the thAli with the long chain - in olden days.

Now a days, short gold chains are available for this purpose.

From Google images - just for example!!

types+of+thali3.jpg

Instead of that short chain, I use 'manjaL charadu'.
:)

A short silver chain attaches the thAli with the long chain - in olden days.

Now a days, short gold chains are available for this purpose.

From Google images - just for example!!

types+of+thali3.jpg

Instead of that short chain, I use 'manjaL charadu'.
:)
One flaw-Only one Thaali. There ought to be two for married ladies

Even in Google you could find only vadagalaI vaishnavite Thaali. Do you know Vaishnavites are less than one fifth of total TBs?

This is all I can say about saradu and gold chains.I do remember tying it on someones neck more than about 35 years back. That person must be regretting it.lol

By the way any idea why do they say saradu vidugiran -for bluffing . You are an acknowledged tamil pandit

Last edited:
1. One flaw-Only one Thaali. There ought to be two for married ladies

2. Even in Google you could find only vadagalaI vaishnavite Thaali.

3. Do you know Vaishnavites are less than one fifth of total TBs?

4. This is all I can say about saradu and gold chains.I do remember tying it on someones neck more than about 35 years back. That person must be regretting it.lol

5. By the way any idea why do they say saradu vidugiran -for bluffing . You are an acknowledged tamil pandit
1. Not a flaw because the conservative ladies wear one set in a saradu and one set in a gold chain! :cool:

2. No idea of which kalai, when I searched Google. This was the only image I could get easily, to explain what I wrote!

3. :nono:

4. :lol: - number of times!

5. We say 'kite flying' (Vaagmi Sir used it recently! ) and that is
saradu vidaRadhu! There is one more expression.

You must have seen how they make 'kayiRu' by reeling wheels. Hence 'reels' are known and 'kayiRu thirikkaRadhu'! :blabla:

1. Not a flaw because the conservative ladies wear one set in a saradu and one set in a gold chain! :cool:

2. No idea of which kalai, when I searched Google. This was the only image I could get easily, to explain what I wrote!

3. :nono:

4. :lol: - number of times!

5. We say 'kite flying' (Vaagmi Sir used it recently! ) and that is
saradu vidaRadhu! There is one more expression.

You must have seen how they make 'kayiRu' by reeling wheels. Hence 'reels' are known and 'kayiRu thirikkaRadhu'! :blabla:
Regards 5. stand corrected -I mixed up kayiru thirikkaradhu and saradu vidukaradhu. you must know better.

We had bumper crop in this mango season. Had to set a sort of juice, jam, jelly, pickles factory! :)

Wish to share a few ideas here.

An easy way to make mango jam.

Take the pulp of mangoes which are NOT fully ripe, in a vessel. Cook in a pressure cooker till one whistle. When the pulp cools, add

equal amount of sugar (by volume) and make a smooth paste using a mixer grinder. In a thick bottomed vessel stir the mixture, till

it leaves the sides. Transfer into a clean
dry container and store in the fridge. Since there is no added preservative, the taste is yummy!

It is NOT difficult to use a glass jar for storing the jam. While transferring the hot jam, put a long ever-silver spoon inside the glass jar.

The jar will not crack due to the hot stuff poured inside! A few minutes after filling, take out the spoon. :thumb:

Some years ago, I did a day boating trip in the backwaters of kerala. Rope making like this was in the itinerary. Soaking of coconut husk, pounding, drying and twisting are all included. Adventurous are allowed to feed the husk and rotate the handle. Uneven feeding will result in varying dia of the rope. Better to watch sipping iLaneer and bananas.

Here it is - rope making in India:

002458.jpg

Source: Travel to India Themes

It needs expertise for rope twisting - both real and reel! :D

Coir has very many uses. One mAmA in my extended family, innovated a cooker cum hot pack, using coir and a wooden box.

Bronze pot
(veNgalap pAnai) was used to cook rice, in their house. He chose a wooden box with correct lid, bigger than the pot

and filled that box with coir, leaving enough space to keep the pot inside. Once the water comes to boiling point with rice in it,

he would transfer it to the hot pack and close it with its wooden lid. After half an hour the rice would be nicely done and there

was no need to drain excess water. The rice will remain piping hot even for three to four hours, if the pot is left in that box! :thumb:

Be amazed by the various unbelievable uses that Coca-cola can be put to: www dot leenks dot com/links517324 dot html

Yes, Ma'am. I am not allowed to upload or cite any weblinks, as I'm a newbie, I guess and hence the problem in giving the direct link! Thanks for sharing the link so that others can easily access the same.

This idea is Ladies Special ONLY!!

Recently, I found that getting into a SUV car is a bit difficult, wearing a saree. :ballchain:

The problem is the underskirt, which obstructs to raise the leg, to get in.

icon3.png
! I made a slit up to the knee level in the underskirt and this enabled me to get in without difficulty.

Previously, I used to have a couple of baggy type pyjamAs to replace the underskirt, while travelling! :car:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back