• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This idea is Ladies Special ONLY!!

Recently, I found that getting into a SUV car is a bit difficult, wearing a saree. :ballchain:

The problem is the underskirt, which obstructs to raise the leg, to get in.

icon3.png
! I made a slit up to the knee level in the underskirt and this enabled me to get in without difficulty.

Previously, I used to have a couple of baggy type pyjamAs to replace the underskirt, while travelling! :car:

Dear RR ji,

true...even some skirts need slits to be able to have bigger strides while walking.

Some skirts are long and narrow and have to have a higher slit for comfortable walking.

Glad to read that some people understand that slits in skirts are for walking and not for skin show.

I wish I could find the email of my college professor who once sent me out of class cos my full length narrow skirt had a slit that she thought was showing some skin when there was no actual over the top skin show.

God I wish she could read this thread!

Could men have three foorth dhoties with velcro?

They will not stumble while getting into cabs and also have no fear of slipping dhoti.

I know some ladies do not prefer to see senior citizen in half pants.

Even RSS has decided that its members should wear full pants instead of knickers.

Dear RR ji,

true...even some skirts need slits to be able to have bigger strides while walking.

Some skirts are long and narrow and have to have a higher slit for comfortable walking.

Glad to read that some people understand that slits in skirts are for walking and not for skin show.

I wish I could find the email of my college professor who once sent me out of class cos my full length narrow skirt had a slit that she thought was showing some skin when there was no actual over the top skin show.

God I wish she could read this thread!
Dear Renu,

The slit in the underskirt enables me to climb up an Inova car with ease! :cool:

Since I don't wear see through sarees, I can boldly do this job! :thumb:

Try to find out the e-mail id of your prof. and send her the relevant post! ;)

I spotted a problem in kid's velcro dhotis. The velcro is fixed without tiny frills at the back and when the kids walk, the dhoti

spits in a V shape in the front and shows their legs! Some kids with big bums have more problem wearing these dhotis! :(

When I stitched the ready-to-wear sarees for my mom and my nephew's daughter, I made sure that enough frills are at the back.
Mom could walk easily and the kid could run around merrily, without tripping. :peace:

To keep the dresses in tact in a suitcase, especially the bigger ones, it is a good idea to tie everything as one bundle.

I do so while travelling abroad. The added advantage is that even if something goes wrong with the zip,

the packed items will not fall down.

May I know who/what suddenly gave you the inspiration and motivation to get this

3+ YEAR OLD THREAD MOVED TO THIS SECTION??? :ear:

True! The vaNNaan moottai packing ( as it is popularly known) never ever fails us! :thumb:

Dear Sis,

Ideas worth sharing here
don't occur to me everyday. :nono:
But, when I wish to post something, I have to dig out from page 5 + from chit chat forum! :fish2:

Hence I requested Sri. Praveen to move the thread to Inspirations + forum.

After all, an idea occurs only by some inspiration, right?
icon3.png

P.S: This inspiration + forum was created recently for a special person, I guess!! ;)

Carrying one's possessions made into a neat bundle is the oldest method of packing known to mankind.

The tramps carry the bundle on a stick as does our dear Capt V.T.'s avatar.

Dhobis make two bundles and hang them on either side of the poor knock-kneed-donkey.
And the mode of transport of the bundle is very versatile. :bump2:

A person can carry it one one's head - (If he has a solid dome and a strong ox like neck )

or one's shoulder if it is broad enough and strong enough;

on one's waist if it is curved enough to accommodate the bundle.

People who sell saris, bed sheets, woolen clothing etc all carry their bundles in a similar way.

The specialty is that a bundle does not actually need anything else to hold it. It is self sufficient.

And versatile since one does NOT anything else to hold it up!

I bet the idea of getting this thread moved to this section is the most brilliant idea you have got so far.

As for the statement that this section was created for a person... I can assue

you that the person ( NOT being the type of a person who seeks favors from

anyone nor has an army of protectors) did not ask for any special favor or

section or corner or even to be isolated from the others.

A band of handful of people could bear the very sight of the name of the

person and just to make peace prevail that person was placed on an isolated

tower.

But let it not bother you. Every Amar, Akbar and Antony ( aka every Tom,

Dick and Harry ) make a bee line to it now, so as not to get left out of the list of inspiring persons of the forum. :flock:

So it is no more a special ivory tower nor was it created on a special request.

I don't like to see wrong items kept in containers with wrong labels, in the kitchen or elsewhere!

So, the peanut butter container with a blue lid contains coffee powder, dressed in a green label

cut to size from the pouch bought from an Indian store in Boston! :D

DSCN8671.JPG

Last edited:
i do the same dear raji.

i empty cereals from the cardboard boxes and put them in air tight containers. and stick a cut out piece of the label outside the container so that folks know the name of the cereal. :)

same thing goes for all the mixed masala spices that come in small paper/cardboard boxes from MTR and such eg.. chaat masala or kasoori methi. i use the plastic prescription containers and label them outside for these.

most people throw these air tight containers. maybe a good idea for you to collect a few and bring them to india... for storing such stuff mentioned above, and also saffron, pacchai kalpooram..things that are in small quantities and need good air tight packaging.

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

A few years back, a pet jar company introduced labelled containers. I found salt inside the one with sugar label in a kitchen!! :D

BTW, I collect the tiny plastic containers with fruit pulp for kids (courtesy Amazon) when empty and take to India. They are very

useful to distribute samples of the thokku that I prepare with the mangoes from my garden. :)

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

A few years back, a pet jar company introduced labelled containers. I found salt inside the one with sugar label in a kitchen!! :D

BTW, I collect the tiny plastic containers with fruit pulp for kids (courtesy Amazon) when empty and take to India. They are very

useful to distribute samples of the thokku that I prepare with the mangoes from my garden. :)

not sure if your son/dil buy bottled baby foods. these are handy too to provide samples/gifts. airtight and sufficiently small quantity.

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

I can bring my own container (not too small) for your thokku. :high5:

The tiny balls made out of wheat flour, wee bit of sugar powder and boric acid powder keeps away the cockroaches. :thumb:

I usually make a bit more of poori / chapAthi dough, mix wee bit of sugar powder in it and make tiny balls, smaller than

'cheedai'. Pour a table spoon of boric acid powder in a big plate and roll over all the tiny balls, till the powder is absorbed.

Dry these in shade. Then put two balls in each corner of all the shelves in the kitchen, bathrooms, wardrobes and drawers

of all the tables. Cockroaches will :bolt: .

This idea kept my sweet home roach-free for six months, when Ram and I were away in Boston. :cool:

not sure if your son/dil buy bottled baby foods. these are handy too to provide samples/gifts. airtight and sufficiently small quantity.
The small plastic tumbler with high dome lid, with flavored yogurt, is usually trashed by my son, when kids finish YoCrunch.

During my recent visit to Boston, I collected about two dozens of these empty containers and brought with me. Now, it is easy

to give samples of home made off season mango products like thokku and hot & sweet mango spread, to my near and dear ones! :)

Here is the image of YoCrunch tumbler with lid. (courtesy: Google images)
img-thing

We Indians are eco-friendly since we try our best to
Re use, renovate, restore before we recycle or trash ANYTHING.

The lunch box to be trashed by JUJU was restored by me
and has become my medicine storage box!

Teajs has another similar box ready to be trashed.
I will restore it and use to store something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back