• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How should we overcome our desires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr.Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your message. I was waiting for some good message to come across from the learned and wise members of this forum when Shri.Raghy Sir said the Forum is silently watching. Yes we were watching, but why. This forum is not a place of Mahabarata war is happening, where one has to take a side.. cant any one be neutral. I was going to question Shri.Raghy on this. His message disturbed me a lot.
When i had joined new at that time there was some exchange of hard word between shri.Ragy and one Mr.Kalabhairavan, if i am correct. That member, a veteran with huge contribution to the forum by way of many threads and very well informed on the topics he was writing. All veteran members must be familiar with that person. At that time i felt none of the ,members took any sides. There were only the same number of veterans who are here supporting another Veteran against a new member, supporting Shri.Ragy. Dr.Renukaji, Shri.Prasad1, were all supporting with the same likes, etc to which Shri Rahgy sir is now objecting. I then felt though the veteran had so much to give to the forum thru his great knowledge and had been giving has now left.

We the silent members ( as far as i am concerned) are not 99.9% time spenders in the forum. We came here to learn from all of the veterans and new members, to learn, experience the net..We do not get such wonderful mix of intellectuals anywhere..every one is a gem in his own way..either it be VR maam, Dr.Renukaji, Shri.Ragy himself, MR.Prasad, Mr.Saidevo, Mr.Suraju, London swaminathan , Nanilam Bala Sir, Mr.Ramanathan, mrs,RR maam, Ms.amala, and scores of others who contribute to the forum threads. The exchange of views is of very high order.. with so many various heads and threads a person can loose himself on the thoughts expressed by members...even in this thread i have spent so much time on each members posting and at times used to feel so uneducated while mixing among you all. Every one is so very well equipped with knowledge and spreading that among all of us.

I have learnt so much and my thoughts have widened on various ,matters, and i dont want to loose any of the Veterans here... Who can continoulsy post like Mrs.VR maam. She is amamzing and wonderful... Ms.Amirtha is wonderful in her own way..her choice of songs etc has been appreciated by many and her interactions were also liked. If Shri.Ragy felt that she has been bullied i can also say at the same time no other new members has been pampered also like her. On one hand Dr.Ranukaji, offerred her Roses, Ms.Amala maam writing comforting messages.. and so many apologies message has been posted to her by many.. all wanting to make her feel happy among us.

Sorry ,TB members if this has been very long, but i will be a silent member on any such war of words and will be a observant only. I had to write this here as Shri.Raghy sir wanted us to choose between sides, or he will take it as we are with the majority in supporting bullying, and will not interact....
In one of my posts i have told that i will be "Rasigan" only and will not take sides. I need to learn more and for that silence is the best... Please veterans give us all that you have to share and enrich this forum with your great thoughts and guide the new generation of not only TB but also all who frequent this forum

Cheers.

Dear Mr.Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your message. I was waiting for some good message to come across from the learned and wise members of this forum when Shri.Raghy Sir said the Forum is silently watching. Yes we were watching, but why. This forum is not a place of Mahabarata war is happening, where one has to take a side.. cant any one be neutral. I was going to question Shri.Raghy on this. His message disturbed me a lot.
When i had joined new at that time there was some exchange of hard word between shri.Ragy and one Mr.Kalabhairavan, if i am correct. That member, a veteran with huge contribution to the forum by way of many threads and very well informed on the topics he was writing. All veteran members must be familiar with that person. At that time i felt none of the ,members took any sides. There were only the same number of veterans who are here supporting another Veteran against a new member, supporting Shri.Ragy. Dr.Renukaji, Shri.Prasad1, were all supporting with the same likes, etc to which Shri Rahgy sir is now objecting. I then felt though the veteran had so much to give to the forum thru his great knowledge and had been giving has now left.

We the silent members ( as far as i am concerned) are not 99.9% time spenders in the forum. We came here to learn from all of the veterans and new members, to learn, experience the net..We do not get such wonderful mix of intellectuals anywhere..every one is a gem in his own way..either it be VR maam, Dr.Renukaji, Shri.Ragy himself, MR.Prasad, Mr.Saidevo, Mr.Suraju, London swaminathan , Nanilam Bala Sir, Mr.Ramanathan, mrs,RR maam, Ms.amala, and scores of others who contribute to the forum threads. The exchange of views is of very high order.. with so many various heads and threads a person can loose himself on the thoughts expressed by members...even in this thread i have spent so much time on each members posting and at times used to feel so uneducated while mixing among you all. Every one is so very well equipped with knowledge and spreading that among all of us.

I have learnt so much and my thoughts have widened on various ,matters, and i dont want to loose any of the Veterans here... Who can continoulsy post like Mrs.VR maam. She is amamzing and wonderful... Ms.Amirtha is wonderful in her own way..her choice of songs etc has been appreciated by many and her interactions were also liked. If Shri.Ragy felt that she has been bullied i can also say at the same time no other new members has been pampered also like her. On one hand Dr.Ranukaji, offerred her Roses, Ms.Amala maam writing comforting messages.. and so many apologies message has been posted to her by many.. all wanting to make her feel happy among us.

Sorry ,TB members if this has been very long, but i will be a silent member on any such war of words and will be a observant only. I had to write this here as Shri.Raghy sir wanted us to choose between sides, or he will take it as we are with the majority in supporting bullying, and will not interact....
In one of my posts i have told that i will be "Rasigan" only and will not take sides. I need to learn more and for that silence is the best... Please veterans give us all that you have to share and enrich this forum with your great thoughts and guide the new generation of not only TB but also all who frequent this forum

Cheers.

:thumb: :yo: :)

:cheer2:

Just to step in,

1. Raghyji - please stop with this choosing sides stuff. This is something unexpected and uncalled for from a person like you. If you would like to take sides, then please do take a few days off and once you have cooled down, please come back. Until then please show some restraint and stop acting like how you did.

2. To others, i can only ask you to ignore such messages. There is no need to respond to all messages. Respond wisely and ignore messages that have no merit and quite simply made to cause a rift.

Over and out.

post 277 #
dear ravi !
timely use of smileys(.not take any side and cheers only) .mr. manohar kumar's words were very opt in the present situation.
guruvayurappan

post 274 #
dear suraju06 !
one quest visitor of our forum asked me the question why we should over come desire and what will happen if it is left as it is ?your post was the giving answer to this to some extent .
guruvayurappan

post 247 #
dear madam !
talking to land line is cheaper than making mobile phone calls from india (example call to mexico ).
in India i prefer land line cos we are able to discuss our matter within 4 walls without knoeledge of the 3 party since mobile signal is weak and can not speak in side our house or lodge .
in UK my son and daughter not at all use land line since they have lot free min. in their mobile and they use skype for ISD calls
guruvayurappan

1) Knowing that there are desires is the first step.
2) Knowing that 'this thought is a desire' is the next.
3) Desiring that one should have no desires is also a desire.
4) Once you identify the thought as a desire, give it up to your Guru/ God.
5) Knowing that the desire, once fulfilled returns in another form will help melt the desire.

How to deny smoking = Smoke as much as you can in a short time frame and eventually you will get sick of it and be rid of the bad habit
Alcohol = Drink the worst tasting alcohol a lot to make you throw up so that then next time you smell alcohol, you feel nauseous.
Sexual relationships = Take a cold shower and think of very unattractive things.
Any other desires = You're on your own mate :)

Just to step in,

1. Raghyji - please stop with this choosing sides stuff. This is something unexpected and uncalled for from a person like you. If you would like to take sides, then please do take a few days off and once you have cooled down, please come back. Until then please show some restraint and stop acting like how you did.

2. To others, i can only ask you to ignore such messages. There is no need to respond to all messages. Respond wisely and ignore messages that have no merit and quite simply made to cause a rift.

Over and out.

Dear Sri. Praveen, Greetings.

I am always cool my friend! :) If I said that on 22nd September, it would not have made sense. So, I waited. So, I guess, I may get back to my usual participation.

Cheers!

Normally, an unsatisfied mind will never be comfortable. It starts wandering around
and searches for a solution to attain the satisfaction in the life. Thus the quest
of the unsatisfied mind continues its journey until it is able to find its result for
achieving complete and full satisfaction. It is all because of unquenchable desire.
It won't allow a person to remain calm and it will make him/her uneasy and drive
its force to make efforts to fulfill its desire. It can be interpreted in a way that
just like a thorn that is stuck in one's body would not allow him/her to keep silent unless
it is removed, because it may create pain. For all this, there is a solution, i.e.
one may have to make an earnest effort to enjoy the life with what is available
and attain self-realization in their life journey. Desire is not a silent virtue. It will make
a person to brood over, create sorrow, suffering and slowly lead to mental
agitation. Sometimes, it may take a person to commit mistakes and even attempt
to do foolish activities. In order to overcome the unwanted desire and the ego
one may have to sincerely practice self-restraint and pursue the attainment of
self-knowledge or watch what is happening around on account of desires leading
to chaos in life.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Normally, an unsatisfied mind will never be comfortable. It starts wandering around
and searches for a solution to attain the satisfaction in the life. Thus the quest
of the unsatisfied mind continues its journey until it is able to find its result for
achieving complete and full satisfaction. It is all because of unquenchable desire.
It won't allow a person to remain calm and it will make him/her uneasy and drive
its force to make efforts to fulfill its desire. It can be interpreted in a way that
just like a thorn that is stuck in one's body would not allow him/her to keep silent unless
it is removed, because it may create pain. For all this, there is a solution, i.e.
one may have to make an earnest effort to enjoy the life with what is available
and attain self-realization in their life journey. Desire is not a silent virtue. It will make
a person to brood over, create sorrow, suffering and slowly lead to mental
agitation. Sometimes, it may take a person to commit mistakes and even attempt
to do foolish activities. In order to overcome the unwanted desire and the ego
one may have to sincerely practice self-restraint and pursue the attainment of
self-knowledge or watch what is happening around on account of desires leading
to chaos in life.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur
Yes i totally agree with u that unsatisfied mind will never be comfortable & whenever mind start wandering around, to make mind more calm & to overcome our desires we should start reciting gaytri mantra & should be more devoted towards GOD .

dear amirtha !
you can also add
ninaithathu onnu! nadanthathu onnu !!
athanalle muzhikkuthey amma ponnu !!
this will make as to think twice before any act
guruvayurappan

Dear Amirtha, Greetings.

I refer to the songs posted in your message in post #289 and post #290. Both are nice songs. But, can you kindly explain more why you chose those songs in this 'desire' thread, please? I am not trying to be critical here; I am sincere in my request. Although both the songs explain ways for peaceful living, in my opinion, different point of views can only enhance the message. Thank you.

Cheers!

Dear Amirtha, Greetings.

I refer to the songs posted in your message in post #289 and post #290. Both are nice songs. But, can you kindly explain more why you chose those songs in this 'desire' thread, please? I am not trying to be critical here; I am sincere in my request. Although both the songs explain ways for peaceful living, in my opinion, different point of views can only enhance the message. Thank you.

Cheers!

Dear Shri Raghy

Our desires are like waves and our body is boat as the song says. So depending upon our desires our journey proceeds. When you have too much desire which you cannot handle, then this boat will struggle and you will loose yourself or consumed by those desires.

Kind Regards

Sri. Manohar Kumar, Greetings.

I refer to your message in post # 276.
When i had joined new at that time there was some exchange of hard word between shri.Ragy and one Mr.Kalabhairavan, if i am correct. That member, a veteran with huge contribution to the forum by way of many threads and very well informed on the topics he was writing. All veteran members must be familiar with that person. .................. I then felt though the veteran had so much to give to the forum thru his great knowledge and had been giving has now left.

Sir, I usually don't get into debates or arguments. If it is worth it, I would only get into discussions. I request you kindly prove there was an exchange of hard words between me and Sri. Kalabhairavan, please. We agreed on most of the views; in fact when Sri. Kalabhairavan was having an intense discussion with one other member, I was in support of Sri. Kalabhairavan's views. Anyway, i am sure you are going to show me where I exchanged 'hard words' with Sri. Kalabhairavan.

On top of that, you are painting a picture Sri. Kalabhairavan left the forum because of me! sir, stop spreading rumors, please. Sri. Kalabhairavan is very much active in the forum. His last visit was on 14th October, 2012. His last post was on 13th October, 2012. By the way Sir, If I had to say something not so nice, I wait and wait.... then say that with proof. In your case also I waited and waited.. I felt it is time now to say it. So, I am asking you not spread rumors about me. Thank you.

P.S - this is a one off message. I did not like to post this message at the heat of the moment. sri. Manoharkumar is welcome to debate my message. I feel there may not be any need for other members to debate on this matter. i am required to defend myself; I may choose to do it at any time. That's what I have done here.

Cheers!

Dear friend Raghy,

There is no way to clearly express some of the experiences of human beings in this world because they are deeply personal and language is not a perfect medium. Can you be sure as to when you stop being obsessed with sense gratification? If you think about it you will agree that it is difficult to tell. Sense gratification is preceded by a craving, a longing, an urge or a single minded non-stop, no turning back, run towards a goal. The trigger can be anything. Abstination, denial, sight, excitation of olfactory nerves, food, intoxication, endocrine glands getting very busy etc., etc.,- can be any. Can you have total control over these impulses? No. As long as we live in this world it is not possible. We can at best manage these impulses and we have to necessarily do that because we live in a society. While you indulge and the indulgence is spontaneous you will certainly be knowing it. When the craving or the urge completely occupies and dominates your mind to the exclusion of everything else it becomes dangerous. So for every thing there should be a lakshman rekha which generally emerges from the controling centre of your mind. To allow your system to repeatedly and incessantly make demands for sense gratification and for your saner mind to give in to that demand can be interpreted as a weakness of your mind. And in such a situation external support is indicated and called for. There is no harm in enjoying the good things in this life. There is a lot of harm if indulgence becomes the sole occupation of life. Mind can play a number of tricks to hide its abject failure in its control function. It can conjure up arguments to deny the existence of atma, to forcefully offer an alternative of atma-body unity and to find in sense gratification a remedy to raw envy and many other emotions. It can even convince you that by succumbing to needless and endless sense gratification you stay completely unattached (this is the crowning piece of the deception). Be careful about what your extraordinary mind is upto.

Cheers.

Sri. Raju, Greetings.

I am sorry, I took this long to address your message in post #274. My mind was not at peace. So, I chose not to write anything which I may regret later. Secondly, I did not want any of my personal bitter experiences reflect in the message. So, I withdrew myself from any discussion in this thread. Now I have found peace. I could concede defeat in the recent struggle. I am only very happy I did not get into arguments inspite of so much provoking. Your message is just brilliant.
So for every thing there should be a lakshman rekha which generally emerges from the controling centre of your mind.
That was very well said. After reading your message few times, my wife asked me where I place that 'Lakshman Rekha'. I explained where I placed that and explained her why. She said she couldn't wait for me to post it. She is very eager to see the feedback.

To say in short, your mge is just the jist of the whole thread. My response has to be in three parts. First part deals with 'what is life?'; second part deals with 'what is desire?'; third part deals with 'what is Lakshman Rekha and where to place it for the best effect'. I will be writing them as I know as we go along. I am seeking guidance from learned members, please. Thank you.

Cheers!

Sri. Manohar Kumar, Greetings.

I refer to your message in post # 276.
When i had joined new at that time there was some exchange of hard word between shri.Ragy and one Mr.Kalabhairavan, if i am correct. That member, a veteran with huge contribution to the forum by way of many threads and very well informed on the topics he was writing. All veteran members must be familiar with that person. .................. I then felt though the veteran had so much to give to the forum thru his great knowledge and had been giving has now left.

Sir, I usually don't get into debates or arguments. If it is worth it, I would only get into discussions. I request you kindly prove there was an exchange of hard words between me and Sri. Kalabhairavan, please. We agreed on most of the views; in fact when Sri. Kalabhairavan was having an intense discussion with one other member, I was in support of Sri. Kalabhairavan's views. Anyway, i am sure you are going to show me where I exchanged 'hard words' with Sri. Kalabhairavan.

On top of that, you are painting a picture Sri. Kalabhairavan left the forum because of me! sir, stop spreading rumors, please. Sri. Kalabhairavan is very much active in the forum. His last visit was on 14th October, 2012. His last post was on 13th October, 2012. By the way Sir, If I had to say something not so nice, I wait and wait.... then say that with proof. In your case also I waited and waited.. I felt it is time now to say it. So, I am asking you not spread rumors about me. Thank you.

P.S - this is a one off message. I did not like to post this message at the heat of the moment. sri. Manoharkumar is welcome to debate my message. I feel there may not be any need for other members to debate on this matter. i am required to defend myself; I may choose to do it at any time. That's what I have done here.

Cheers!​
Dear Mr.Raghy,
Greetinngs and Good Morning. After waiting for so much time i am given a chance to address you. Raghy Sir, to be frank with you i could have posted a PM to you explaining my views. But since you have raised it here it is also proper i reply you here. I do not have even a iota of illwill or anything against any member nor i take any sides and will not do also. I am and will appreciate all the good things that come as a reply from any member and if it can enlighten me and expand my limited thoughts and vocabulary why not put the "like" whom so ever it may be.

When i replied to the post of your that the forum is silently watching and not doing anything, i could not recall the Veteran who had left the forum.My SIncere apologies that i wrote the name as KalaBhairavan instead of Mr.MahaKavi( i sincerely hope i am correct this time atleast) So there was a typo. I am apologising for writng somethig wrong.

On the rumour part, i am not aware of any other post apart from the above mentioned by you i have written on the issue. i have not written about you any where else and i will certainly request you to show where i have spread any rumous about you, and what sort of rumour i have posted. I am hurt beyond words Mr.Raghy reading your psot. In fact i missed your post all along and the way you communicated with all. Please look at your thread of Nice songs after your silence. if those songs and posts look like rumour to you i am sorry i have misread you.

I reitrate once again that my intention of joining the forum was to learn from all either Veteran or Newbie and i will contnue to do that. I am happy to be part of the forum and will certainly click "like " if i come across and good post from you also Mr.Raghy. BTW why should i delete any post? I have no right to delete a view point of other member just because it is against me? Cheers Raghy Sir.

Post #296.. ( For some reasson I could not quote that post)... so, are you saying Mahakavi left the forum because of me?..... whatever......

Have a Good Day!

What is life?

Greetings.

So, what is life? We are born in this world empty handed , go through all the desires and attachments, then go out empty handed. Whenever I think about 'Life', I can't help but always remember this song...... Oridathu Jananam oridathu maranam....achu's favorit - YouTube . I am not quite in agreement with only two points in that song; otherwise, that song reflects my mentality about life in general.

Life is kind of cruel. It is like a riddle for most of us. We have no idea about the road we are travelling on. If there is a destiny, we don't know anything about our destiny. We are just driven forward by our destiny. Even the persons who travel the well beaten road most often than not get confused in their travel; but, yet there are others who bravely take on new roads, less travelled roads too! No matter which kind of road we choose, still we have to perform our own travel. ஆரம்பத்தில் பிறப்பும் உன் கையில் இல்லை; என்றும் அடுத்தடுத்த நடப்பும் உன் கையில் இல்லை! ( initially your own birth was in your hands; subsequent events in your own life was not in your hands). That is the sad fact. We always think we are in complete control of our life. But, are we? Not really. Our life is always precariously balanced by somany external factors too. So, there is just one thing we could do .... பாதை வகுத்த பின்பு பயந்தென்ன லாபம்? அதில் பயணம் நடத்திவிடு மறைந்திடும் பாபம்! ( What is the use getting scared after choosing the path? Travel in your chosen path; all the uncertainities would vanish).

We don't know where this journey was started. We don't know when we would get our next 'rest period' from this long journey. Since we don't know anything, we have so many theories and discourses about all these uncertainities. So, which one is corrrect? Which ones are wrong? That is the most important question, is it not? We don't have the answer for that. This janma quite possibly a 'one-off' janma; meaning, we are born, we went through life and we are dead at the end; period. Or this janma could be one of a string of janmas.... Or this janma could be a bead in system of many strings too! We just don't know!

But what about desires? our life is full of desires. Everything is a desire. The second we were born, we cried in protest; too cold, too quiet, the familiar noises ceased to exist, we are not swimming anymore, a new feeling crept in... later on we learned that was called 'hunger'.... from there our desires played main role in this life. Everything comes under desire. That song said 'mohangal avasaana nimisham vare' ( desires last to the last minute of life)... is it? No, it goes way beyond that. If we expressed how our body should be disposed of.. by cremation/ burial/ or cut in pieces and fed to the animals... no matter what we chose, our desire went beyond our life span.. we could have asked our children to conduct some kind of remembererance every year... we could have written up a will with prejudice, favouring one child over the other thee by causing bitter feelings amoung them... the result of our actions continue.. desire and karma continues. So, it is much better to restrict the desires to the last second of our life. We have to make sure we don't extend it any further.

So, how long the relationships last? It is said in that song 'Manushya pandhangal oru sudali vare' ( human attachments/relationships last until the grave/funeral pyre). Do we get 'amanushya bandhangal' after that? We don't know. But the reality is, we are alone all the time. We chose a companion to travel the road; just that fellowship stays together until the end. There is nothing else beyond that fellowship. Some people choose a Guru for direction, some persons choose God for direction.. but there is no direction as such. Our mind is the directing beacon. So, can our mind direct? truth is, only our mind can direct. All the relationships are good fun while they lasted. We should not take them too seriously. No matter how big the party is, we go to sleep alone, we are alone in our dream land. We might as well get used to stay in relationship while we are not really getting carried away.

Srimad Baghavad Gita says we remove our cloth ( dirty cloth) and get back with fresh cloth in our next janma. We don't know about that for sure. It is just a belief. Personally I consider there is no coming back; so, I try to be as good as possible so that my karmas don't come back to bite my backside when I least expect that! But then, no matter what we believe in, it is better to lead a decent life so as to gather as less dirt as possible.

Cheers!

Shri Raghy

We are born in this world empty handed

I think we born with lot. To start of with we have our DNA and life. Hopefully mum, dad, shelter and food. Basic need of a human being

Go through all the desires and attachments, then go out empty handed.
Yes we go through desires and attachment. But without these, life will be very boring. “go out empty handed”, well... I don’t know
Life is kind of cruel. It is like a riddle for most of us. We have no idea about the road we are travelling on. If there is a destiny, we don't know anything about our destiny. We are just driven forward by our destiny. Even the persons who travel the well beaten road most often than not get confused in their travel; but, yet there are others who bravely take on new roads, less travelled roads too! No matter which kind of road we choose, still we have to perform our own travel.
For this all I can think is, Life is beautiful. We human being are still very primitive in our evolution. We haven’t reached our destination yet. We are not at peace with each other and our surrounds yet. So when we all human race is at peace, then we may go another leap in our evolution, and hopefully for the better.
We are driven forward by our destiny,
yes emotional evolution destiny. Cannot conquer desires because of the policy makers emotions. Imagine, all the living being are at peace, there no desires, what will happen then?
We don't know where this journey was started.
I think we do. Our journey started when 23 chromosomes from mother and 23 chromosomes from father fused together. May be this is advida.
So, how long the relationships last? It is said in that song 'Manushya pandhangal oru sudali vare' ( human attachments/relationships last until the grave/funeral pyre). Do we get 'amanushya bandhangal' after that? We don't know. But the reality is, we are alone all the time. We chose a companion to travel the road; just that fellowship stays together until the end. There is nothing else beyond that fellowship. Some people choose a Guru for direction, some persons choose God for direction.. but there is no direction as such. Our mind is the directing beacon. So, can our mind direct? truth is, only our mind can direct. All the relationships are good fun while they lasted. We should not take them too seriously. No matter how big the party is, we go to sleep alone, we are alone in our dream land. We might as well get used to stay in relationship while we are not really getting carried away.

Shri Raghy I am going to disagree with you here. In my opinion we are not alone at all. That might be desire for lot of use because of too much population may be. In reality, we cant be alone and we are not alone. Our mind is imbedded with emotions, memories and influence of hormones etc etc.. May be you can say, what about sannyasi. Nope he is not alone either. He needs to live eat, shower, etc., etc. He depend up on the community and surroundings for that. I would say sannyasi may be some times worst of the lot. They can be very selfish.

So when you choose the fellowship for the travel, I presume the travel is to the end. The end could be anything and travel could be referring to anything. Because you said it is road I presume you are taking a path. So you would be choosing the road and the path very carefully. So there is a direction from your mind automatically comes without your knowledge. The path you choose would be subject to your knowledge of that journey. So better your knowledge, it is going to easier for you achieve it. So when you have fellowship in the life and also you know desires are like waves in the life, you want reach somewhere safe in your life journey. So in that scenario, you make a bond and connection with that person or animal or plant, whatever it may... to accomplish the goal.

So when you love that fellowship, you are going to entangle yourself. At the basic level, man or women or animal and even the plants cannot live alone. Otherwise what is the point of living? Need to love thy neighbour. Even at our cellular level the genes has to love surrounding genes

I do not understand all relationships are good fun while they lasted: could you please write further.
We do not take them too seriously.
Why not?
No matter how big the party is, we go to sleep alone,
Once again, no we are not sleeping alone. We are living in this universe
We are alone in our dream land.
In a way we are. Our dreams are our projection. However, the projection is not coming from being alone. Projections come from memory which is formed by our senses.
We might as well get used to stay in relationship while we are not really getting carried away.
Could you please write further.
So, it is much better to restrict the desires to the last second of our life. We have to make sure we don't extend it any further.
I understand if it bad desire and if it is going to affect someone... so don’t have it
What happens if it is a good one, for example, a person has lot of wealth and he wants to give to poor once he is gone?

Kind Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Amirtha, Greetings.

I refer to your message in post #299. It is quite large. I am not aiming to respond to all of that message in one post; it would be just too long. I request you to bear with me and aceept my responses in instalments, please. Only after responding to your message in detail I would further my message about desires ( there are minimum three more parts to that message before I explain about Lakshman Rekha).

When I said " We don't know where this journey ( life) was started", you responded by saying
I think we do. Our journey started when 23 chromosomes from mother and 23 chromosomes from father fused together. May be this is advida.
23 chromosomes from mother and 23 chromosomes from father fused together to develop the first cell of a tissue. Since this union hopefully takes place in the womb, that first cell turns out to be first cell of an embryo and hopefully grows to a healthy baby.

That same fusion could take place in the fallopian tube and fail to make a healthy baby and may get removed for the safety of the mother; that same fusion could take place in the womb but still may not develop properly due to various external health factors and may get terminated by nature in the 'mis carriage' process. Let us not dwell on these scenarios.

is the fusion of 23 chromosomes from father and 23 chromosomes from the mother is the only way of developing a cell? There are other methods too like this. Such scaffolds, tissues and cells don't develop to an embryo.

A baby is much more than mere cell blocks; a baby has a life. It has a jeevan. Just the fusion of 23 chromosomes alone may not make advaita; but considering the addition of Jeevan in that whole process may qualify in consideration of Advaita.

For a believing person there is a God in the name of Paramatma and all Jeevans ( Jeevatmas) has the right or inclination to join that Paramatma one day. That is Advaita.

Personally for me, nature is the Paramatma and all the Jeevans came from that energy in nature and would go back to that same energy in nature. In a way that is Advaita too.

( I wish to adress your response in #299 by point by point as much in detail as possible, please).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back