• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy New Year 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
In My country the
1st & 2nd Jan Is a Holiday (New year)
14 Feb is a Holiday (Chineese New year)
16 March is a holiday (Telugu New year)
14th April (Tamil new year)

on each of these days there are national celebrations throughout the island and every one participate ,there are sharing of Gifts and cakes.So bearing our traditions and culture in mind let us also enjoy in this festive mood .:cheer2:
A very happy NEW NEAR to you all.

Last edited:
Dear all / Respected all,

WISH YOU ALL IN ADVANCE, A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR....

Dr.Renuka ji,

For me January 1st is just a chance to get a holiday and enjoy a movie with my friends.

April 14/15 (Varusha Pirapu), is the most important and special one, when I try to be in temple between 5 & 5.30am and wish for a better start of life.
:pray2:

Amala,

I was also very much surprised to see something "ulta pulta" . But somehow could convince my self to make the better use of the available source of information. It's up to us as to decide what we need to take and what should be overlooked, where to involve and where need not be and just keep going, participating where ever possible with out losing our emotional balance.

Varieties are the spices of life. The only thing is to ensure we stick on to your principles. There should be nothing to blame and nothing to feel. Rather to enjoy a wonderful virtual gathering like this where we could come across different views, opinions, "kara saara vivaadham", "neeya-naana", peculiar, strange, funny, interesting. Isn’t it really enjoyable??

Whether we like some one's opinion or not that is totally pertaining to one's individuality. The most important is that we come to know different human psychology, understanding, caliber and the mind set.

Let us all together hope that, the coming New Year further spice up this forum and strengthen love, affection and respect among all of us.
:peace:

Sri Kunjuppu ji,

I could find yourself as a very practical person with in the boundaries of human understanding, love & affection, and a good sense of humor. I wish your self and many of respected elder members of this Forum be ever a mentor to all of us.

:thumb:

Sri Nara ji,

I feel that you are the Hero of this wonderful Forum. You are the best to make us understand and realize how things to be handled effectively even if we sound wrong.
:yo:

In fact I love to address many other members here and pass on some of my comments at the close of this year. But I could not spare much time. I carry a great sense of love and respect to all. From every one’s point of view, I could learn a lot.

Hatts off to all the members....

"My favourite Nara Mama..."

Sow.Amala, do you have Deva mama and/or Asura mama too? :) (Sorry, coun't resist the oppoprtunity to make fun..:)).

Sri RaghyJi,

I do actually! How did you guess. But I'm not telling who is Deva and Asura! :)

I wish you great and prosperous 2010. I wish you hitching up with a partner of your liking soon!

Thank you very much and same to you down under. Prosperous 2010 i mean....not hitching with a partner :)

Amala,

Great repartee above, I heartily enjoyed it.
You have proved to be right humorous.

Amala & Sri Kunjuppu,

Agreed. We do have varied and eclectic crowd here. Not sure who exactly is youth here. I was under the impression that only RaviJi and myself are youths

knowingly i do not know any teenagers. i think we have a good representation agewise from the 20s to the 60s.

True
Unquote

You have not met me that is why ! I am still in my umpteens !!! Oh! La La La!!!

In fact I believe in not changing my word. When somebody asked me my age at that time I said" I am sixteen".I still keep the same word.
(Don't ask for how many years I am keeping the word unchanged).

My new Year Wish: If all the "Ty"s were changed to "teens"" ......
(I always pray for others....).

our forum will be full of teens - (including Amala and Ravi--(Amala has admitted they are youths. I am considerate to them also.So I can have many teenager friends almost equal in age to me !!!

Greetings.

In My country the
1st & 2nd Jan Is a Holiday (New year)
14 Feb is a Holiday (Chineese New year)
16 March is a holiday (Telugu New year)
14th April (Tamil new year)

on each of these days there are national celebrations throughout the island and every one participate ,there are sharing of Gifts and cakes.So bearing our traditions and culture in mind let us also enjoy in this festive mood .:cheer2:
A very happy NEW NEAR to you all.

madhavi,

you are in a lucky country. small, varied, beautiful and prosperous.

by the way, how many national statutory holidays per year do you have?

in canada we have only 8. quite a shock coming from india, where i think there are 17 or so state sponsored holidays per year.

dear all
LOGA SAMASTHA SUGINO BHAVANTHU THIS IS OUR DAILY POOJA. EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY FOR US EVERYONE SHOULD BE HAPPY AT EVERY TIME THIS IS OUR JAPA. ALWAYS SMILE FACE THE PROBLMES WITH SMILE FOR TB IS THERE FOR EVERYBODY TO GIVE GOOD ADVICES AND RIGHT DIRECTION. LET MORE AND MORE PARTICIPATE AND MAKE THIS DISCUSSION FURITFUL FROM JANUARY 2010. AGAIN LOGA SAMASTHA SUGINO BHAVANTHU

knowingly i do not know any teenagers. i think we have a good representation agewise from the 20s to the 60s.

You have not met me that is why ! I am still in my umpteens !!! Oh! La La La!!!

In fact I believe in not changing my word. When somebody asked me my age at that time I said" I am sixteen".I still keep the same word.
(Don't ask for how many years I am keeping the word unchanged).

My new Year Wish: If all the "Ty"s were changed to "teens"" ......
(I always pray for others....).

our forum will be full of teens - (including Amala and Ravi--(Amala has admitted they are youths. I am considerate to them also.So I can have many teenager friends almost equal in age to me !!!

Greetings.

Sri SuryaKasyapaJi

I too wish all "ty"s would change to teens. But isn't age just a number and if one is young at heart, mind and soul thats all that matters. Perhaps it doesn't even matter if one is not young. Why do we give such importance to youth I wonder.

Have a lovely New Year.
PS: i'm waiting for someone to say youths are the change of tomorrow or is it today....

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

I wish you a very Happy New Year and dedicate the Song From Movie Kandasamy (En Peyar Meena Kumari) to you.

YouTube - Kanthasamy-Bambara Kannale (Full HD)

Dear Moderators and others if this song is not suitable for this Forum, You can Delete it.
Its ok with me and I will have no hard feelings.
Just wanted to inject some fun in this Forum

renu

dear kunjuppu sir,

i wish you a very happy new year and dedicate the song from movie kandasamy (en peyar meena kumari) to you.

youtube - kanthasamy-bambara kannale (full hd)

dear moderators and others if this song is not suitable for this forum, you can delete it.
Its ok with me and i will have no hard feelings.
Just wanted to inject some fun in this forum

renu

:) :) :)

i love chandrababu. he was a pondicherrry born catholic, who was my aunt's neighbour, and we suspect was gay.

a great talent. singer. songwriter. serious actor. comedian. director. producer. too bad, his end came early.

my favourite song of his from போலீஸ்காரன் மகள் the song பொறந்தாலும் ஆம்பிளையை பொறக்கக்கூடாது. in the late 50s, early 60s viswanathan ramamurthy used to have live concerts.

this was a concert at the national girls high school in thiruvallikeni, chennai. mayilvaahanan of radio ceylon was the compere, and the latest v-r hits were sung live (tms would not attend, and we had a sub).

l.r. easwari & chandrababu took the stage, and sang the பொறந்தாலும் ஆம்பிளையை பொறக்கக்கூடாது, with the ஊடல் implied in this song. at one point, they hipped and the audience went weld. we are talking of 1960 here or thereabouts. the chemistry was simply awesome. remember, i was about 10 then, and completeley innocent of physical sex, but not necessarily of 'amour'!!!

i searched youtube for this song. could not find it. anyone interested i can send the bmp version of one of the greatest tease love songs of the golden age of tamil film music.

Last edited:
"My favourite Nara Mama..."

Sow.Amala, do you have Deva mama and/or Asura mama too? (Sorry, coun't resist the oppoprtunity to make fun..).

Sri RaghyJi,

I do actually! How did you guess. But I'm not telling who is Deva and Asura!

I know who is who, and Raghy knows too, here is what he said about me, "......க்கு வாழ்க்கபட்டா புளிய மரம் ஏறிதானே ஆகணும்?"

Raghy, one of these days, நேர்ல வந்து கவனிச்சுக்கறேன் :) :), bail denied for you.

Happy happy NY

....i took refuge behind my moderator post (i am ashamed for that).

Dear friend Kunjuppu,

Don't be so hard on yourself, you did stand up to him and you were indeed a moderator and therefore you did the right thing by recusing yourself.

Many great things happened to me this past year, my son got married to a lovely girl, my daughter got what she spent the last two years working for, and with both our children happy, my wife and I are already in the only Sri Vaikuntam there is.

In addition, I found great friends here in TB, both ones who agree with my heathen views, and the others who put up with me. My thanks to you all.

Shri KRS if you are reading this, I request you to consider participating.

Let the power of love vanquish the love of power (h/t Jimmi Hendrix)

New year 2010 !!!!

A true HINDU is VERSATILE in all forms and UNIVERSE in all nature. So there is no barrier in celebrating English new year! This is possible only by HINDUS. We can only be SECULAR. In hindu tradition celebration in any form is welcome while we keep our identity unique. Let us all welcome & celeberate this 2010 new year in our own way and style. "God bless us all for prosperous and happy new year 2010"

Anbudan

K. Sankaranarayanan

I convey my Best Wishes and Greetings to Tamil Brahmins for a happy and prosperous New Year 2010.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

To all members
Happy and prosperous new year

Lachumi

I know who is who, and Raghy knows too, here is what he said about me, "......க்கு வாழ்க்கபட்டா புளிய மரம் ஏறிதானே ஆகணும்?"

Raghy, one of these days, நேர்ல வந்து கவனிச்சுக்கறேன் :) :), bail denied for you.

Happy happy NY

Sri. Nara,

I will be looking forward for the day! Now that the bail is denied, I think I should add this information too...
நம் வீட்டு முன் பரப்பில் நன்கு வளர்ந்த இரண்டு வேப்ப மரங்கள் உண்டு!

You will feel home here! :heh:

Happy NY to you too!

नव वर्षस्य शुभाशयः ।

nava varShasya shubhAshayaH |
Wishing you an auspicious New Year!

भवते अपि नूतन संवरस्य शुभाशयः ।

bhavate api nUtana saMvarasya shubhAshayaH |
Wishing you that the New Year be auspicious!

क्षणं प्रतिक्षणं यन् नवं नवम् ।
तत् च सुन्दरम् सत्च तत्शिवम् ।
वर्ष नूतनम् ते शुभं मुदम् ।
उत्तरोत्तरं भवतु सिद्धिदम् ।
क्षणं प्रतिक्षणं यन् नवं नवम् ॥
--स्वामि तेजोमयानन्द, चिन्मया मिषन्

kShaNaM pratikShaNaM yan navaM navam |
tat cha sundaram satcha tatshivam |
varSha nUtanam te shubhaM mudam |
uttarottaraM bhavatu siddhidam |
kShaNaM pratikShaNaM yan navaM navam ||
--svAmi tejomayAnanda, chinmayA miShan

May this New Year bring you
greater and greater goodness, happiness, and success.

More Sanskrit greetings here:
Chinmaya Mission West__________________________________________________________________

Collect your 2010 Sanskrit Calendar here:
Kaldarshika

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back