• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy Father's day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you heard of the story "There are no worms in heaven".

இதுவா சுவர்க்கம்?

தினமும் பூமிக்கு இறங்கி வரும் இரு
திவ்வியமான அன்னப் பறவைகள்;
வருவது சுவர்க்கத்திலிருந்து – வலம்
வருவதோ ஓர் அழகிய நீர் நிலையை.

அன்னப் பறவைகளுக்கு உண்டு ஒரு
அன்பான நண்பன், அந்நீர் நிலையில்.
வண்ணங்கள் பல கொண்ட வாத்து, பால்
வண்ண அன்னங்களின் ஒரு தோழன்!

விவரமான அந்த வாத்து, அன்னங்களிடம்
விவரமாகக் கேட்டுக் கேட்டு அறியும்,
அற்புதமான அந்த சுவர்க்கத்தில் உள்ள
அற்புத அதிசயங்கள் அனைத்தையும்.

ஒரு நாள் அந்த அன்னங்கள் வாத்துத்
தோழனையும் தம்முடன் வரும்படி
விரும்பிப் பலமுறை அழைக்கவே,
தோழனும் மகிழ்ந்து உடன் சென்றது.

எத்தனை எத்தனை அதிசயங்கள்;
எத்தனை எத்தனை அற்புதங்கள்!
நான்கு தந்தம் கொண்ட ஐராவதம்;
நாம் கேட்டதைத் தரும் கற்பக மரம்!

அமுதம், அப்சரசுகள், தேவர்கள்,
அமுதமயமான இன்னிசை, நடனம்;
எங்கு நோக்கினும் மகிழ்ச்சிக் கடல்!
எங்கு நோக்கினும் ஒளி வெள்ளம்!

“எங்கள் சுவர்க்கம் உனக்குப் பிடித்தா?
எல்லாம் சுற்றி வந்தோமே!” என்று
வினவிய வெள்ளை அன்னங்களிடம்
வினோத விடை பகர்ந்தது வாத்து!

“இது என்ன பெரிய சுவர்க்கம்?
இங்கு ஒரு புழுவும்கூட இல்லை;
ஒரு பூச்சியும் இல்லை; நான் அளையச்
சேறு, சகதி எதுவும் இங்கே இல்லை!”

அமுதமும், ஐராவதமும் இருந்தாலும்,
அது தேடியதோ புழுவும், பூச்சியுமே!
சேறும், சகதியும் இல்லாததும்கூட ஒரு
பெரும் குறையே அதன் பார்வையிலே!

மனிதருள்ளும் இரு வகையினர் உண்டு!
இனிய நிறைவுகள் காணுவர் ஒரு சாரர்;
மன நிறைவு என்று ஒன்று உண்டு
எனவும் அறியாதவர் மறு சாரர்.

நிறைகளையே காண்பவர் எங்கும்
நிறைந்த மனத்தோடு மகிழ்வார்;
குறைகளையே பட்டியல் இடுபவரோ,
குறைகளைத் தேடி அல்லல்படுவார்!

நிறைகளையே எப்போதும் தேடுவோம்;
குறைகளைக் காண்பதை விடுவோம்!
நிறைகளையே கண்டால் என்றும் இன்பமே;
குறைகளையே கண்டால் என்றும் துயரமே!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

As long as it is not against forum rules, not offending the eye, easily readable, fine. Some are never satisfied and find fault in everything!

Last edited:
IS THIS HEAVEN?

swansheart2.jpg

Two snow white swans would fly down from the Heaven to the earth every night. They would swim around and play in a lake. They had a good friend who was a multi colored duck. They would describe to him the wonders of the Heaven they lived in.

One day the swans took the duck along with them to show him the wonders and glories of the Heaven. It was indeed an unusual place! Iravatham the four tusked elephant of Indra, the Kaplaga Vruksham that could grant you anything your heart desired, the nectar, the Apsras, the divine music and captivating dances. The whole place was a sea of joy and light.

The swans asked the duck, “How do you like our Heaven?” The duck then gave the strangest possible reply.

“Is this the Heaven you boast so much about? I did not find a single worm to eat nor did i find any slush to waddle in!”

Heaven had everything good and desirable and yet all the duck could think of was mud and worms.

We have two types of persons among us. Those who always look for the good things in life, find them and remain happy and contented. The other type of fellows always look for the defects and deficiencies in everything and remain dissatisfied and unhappy.

Let us learn to look at the positive side of everything and live happily.

Shmt. Raji Ram,

I am bit late in getting into this thread. I was too busy as I had to travel to Chennai on 17th night for nearly two weeks. Just to be at home and spend good time before assuming my office in a new company. I can not fly to Chennai unless I complete 12 months of continuous service from the time I get on board.

Thank you very much for remembering my request and posting your lovely poem in dedication to Fathers, on occasion of Father's Day celebration.

Shri Raghy,

I am glad to find your positive notes on this occasion of Father's day. It really has surprised me a lot.

The same was not the case when member's here exchanged their views, messages, poems on Mother's Day, positively appreciating mothers in good/positive spirit. You were highlighting much of the negative mothers and said that many mothers are not angels and in fact were the reasons in spoiling. And that, you have witnessed such mothers in your social/relative circle. You also said that, many are not lucky to have great mothers in their life and could not get their mother's positive thoughts, actions and reactions.

I never like such negative highlights and emphasizes that makes us lose the chance and charm of even celebrating positive mothers. In that thread, where Mother's Day was positively highlighted by many members, it was only "you" and dear Renuka who did not find such positive highlights sensible, in some or other ways. But, I was responding only to Renuka's post with my counter arguments BUT in true spirit, just in order to satisfy myself and express myself to my best possible level.

But now, I am responding to you, because, here your opinions are totally different, you shared the same positive remarks on Father's day along with many others and even posted a very nice Poem. It was so much soothing to me and I loved that poem. Thank you.

What I wonder now is, why your opinions were different when it was about appreciating and celebrating Mothers on the occasion of Mother's day? Is that because you never ever have come across any Negative fathers so far in your life?

I ended up responding and asking you some questions here ONLY because I found you having different opinions/reactions with respect to Father's day celebrations.

As I said in one of my posts in Mother's day thread (opposing the views that were much highlighting the negative mothers and expressed that Mother's day celebration is non-sensible), I repeat, in every human relationships we have come across both positive and negative personalities, through personal experiences and or through our relative/social circle. But this should not make us criticize any relationship related celebrations that are all in true spirit and obviously considering good humans.

It's the right of each members here to share their honest views and opinions. I just want to know something from you, finding your different stand. Hope you will take this in right spirit and share your views with all of us here.

Thank you.

Dear Sri. Ravi,

Thanks for your appreciation! I wrote the poem well in advance and kept ready for the Fathers day!

Best wishes to you on taking up a new job!! :)

I never really typed anything negative about father's day cos fathers are always under rated and expected to love a child less than how a mother loves the child.

Many people feel that since a woman carries a child for 9 months she is entitled to claim she has most love for her child.

But many forget that a man is born without a uterus but he has an duty to carry the responsibility of raising his family financially for the rest of his life.

I am sure if males were born with a uterus they will be fine mothers too.

The movie Deivathirumagal portrays a father's love for a child.
Never underestimate a man's love .
They might be less emotional but their love can be very strong.

Dear Sri. Ravi, Greetings.

Before I start, when I posted my message in post #24, I was thinking about you. In fact, I searched and found the message I wanted from Sinful. That message #24 was for you. My good wishes for you to get such a nice partner standing beside that guy in that picture. Any such girl has to be a lucky girl to have you. Good luck to you, young man! If you want me to find a girl for you, I would consider that as a honour. (I may end up finding you an Iyengar girl! They are not bad you know... I am living with one!.... I couldn't resist Ravi!... this is for you...... Iyengaaru Veetu Azhage song - Anniyan - YouTube .... Just let me know; I can arrange an orthodox Iyengar girl for you).

I find more and more narrow minded Tamil Brahmin ladies. Recently I earned a relation through my son. I found out she was abused by a TB lady, namely her mother. ( I had a doubt. I noticed it the day after I landed in India. I said that to my wife. Only confirmed by that young girl). Her mother treated her as a second class and favoured her brother all through her life so far.

Who is a father? A father is the guy pointed by the mother. How does a guy know he is a father? A girl tells him she carries his child. That it! He is all excited. Does he really know? More often than not, he doesn't.

Now I am getting serious to answer your questions. I don't have to quote them...

Mother. Only a lady can be a mother. She develops one little sperm to a baby. She sacrifices her living style for over 9 months for this embryo. She feeds it, protects it, loves it, cherishs it.. Every lady who went through motherhood knows the feeling of carrying an embryo, developing that embriyo to become a baby.....

Sri. Ravi, Every lady knows all the children grew up similar to that in one womb. If they discriminate between the childrens or between people they know they are not fair; but still they do it.

Why I liked fathers? He believed the girl when she said "you are the father". Unless proven otherwise, He feels proud, loves the child, does everyrthing he can to keep the child and the mum happy.....

A good father is a very nice bloke. I did not get one.

Cheers!

Dear Raghy Sir,

Why don't you find an 'iyangAr veetu azhagi' for Sri. Ravi and send her photo to him?

He might be able to convince his parents too!! :thumb:

:gossip: Did Ravi visit SingArach Chennai to 'view' a girl???

Sowbagyavathy Renuka, Greetings.

.....Never underestimate a man's love .

Our daughter is way more closer to me than her mother. As a father, I can be very gentle to my children to make sure they don't even suffer a scratch and can be protective enough to kill to keep my wife and children away even from a scratch.

( But, you are thinking too much like me. Unless you are my sister, you may not do it....... What's happening here?)

Cheers!

Dear Raghy Sir,

Why don't you find an 'iyangAr veetu azhagi' for Sri. Ravi and send her photo to him?

Sowbagyavathy RR, Greetings.

Firstly, he has to ask for it. I can always ask my sister-in-laws MIL. She is a lovly lady. She did 'nalangu' to a Chinese girl! That elderly lady is modern, orthodox and understands youngsters. One should be blessed to even meet such a lady. ( you sound like one such a lady too).

Cheers!

I never really typed anything negative about father's day cos fathers are always under rated and expected to love a child less than how a mother loves the child.

Many people feel that since a woman carries a child for 9 months she is entitled to claim she has most love for her child.

But many forget that a man is born without a uterus but he has an duty to carry the responsibility of raising his family financially for the rest of his life.

I am sure if males were born with a uterus they will be fine mothers too.

The movie Deivathirumagal portrays a father's love for a child.
Never underestimate a man's love .
They might be less emotional but their love can be very strong.

Dear Renuka,

I am happy to find your fine, fair and reasonable thoughts and understanding about Fathers. I appreciate that very much.

I don't know how much are you familiar with wrong fathers?

But, I have seen many many father's who has ruined the future of his sons and daughters. Right from miss handling, depriving them from moral goodness and even misusing and exploiting their daughter for personal gains, incest etc. I have found many such wrong fathers as majority to that of such wrong mothers.

Time and again I repeat that, we find wrong humans in all sorts of relationship. But, we should never lose the chance and charm of celebrating the values of the relationships, considering the positive and sensible aspects of such beautiful relationships, maintained by good humans.

Whether it's mothers day or father's day, I consider them as an occasion to honor a mother and a father respectively, considering the true meaning and value of such relationships, glorifying true mothers and true fathers.

Let us not think and highlight the negativity of any such bad human relationships on good occasions.

Dear Sri. Ravi, Greetings.

Before I start, when I posted my message in post #24, I was thinking about you. In fact, I searched and found the message I wanted from Sinful. That message #24 was for you. My good wishes for you to get such a nice partner standing beside that guy in that picture. Any such girl has to be a lucky girl to have you. Good luck to you, young man! If you want me to find a girl for you, I would consider that as a honour. (I may end up finding you an Iyengar girl! They are not bad you know... I am living with one!.... I couldn't resist Ravi!... this is for you...... Iyengaaru Veetu Azhage song - Anniyan - YouTube .... Just let me know; I can arrange an orthodox Iyengar girl for you).

Cheers!

Shri Raghy,

Thank you very much for your kind words, kind consideration, love and affection...Thank you for a great song dedication too.

Shri Raghy, Neither I am a strict Orthodox guy nor my parents ever. We siblings spend many years in North India, right from our infancy as father was in Indian Air Force. All our family members are broad minded, open minded, fun loving, friendly, loving and lively. Just that we don't devalue our culture and moral goodness in the pretext of broad/open mindedness.

We just value our values, culture and tradition and follow them to the best of our possibilities.

Neither my father nor my mother have any narrow mindedness. They ever had consideration for any South Indian Brahmin girl who can talk in Tamizh. Father is no more and Mother still continue to hold the same criteria. That, the girl for her sons can be any South Indian Brahmin girl who knows Tamizh. It is fine as long as the girl have positive attitude towards family values, marriage relationship, constraints of family life etc.etc and not an Atheist. The same is the requirements of we brothers.

Dear Raghy Sir,

Shmt. Raji Ram,

I am in SingArach Chennai only, since early morning of 18th June. I will be here up to this month end.

As I said in my previous post, addressed to Shri Raghy, I need not to convince my mother at all. She is OK with any South Indian Brahmin Girl who knows Tamizh. Who have positive attitude towards family values, marriage relationship, constraints of life/family life etc. and is not an Atheist.

I am here in Chennai to have good time with my mother and brother before I could join the new company. Before I could be back to Chennai again on my yearly vacation for a month, after 12 months of my continuous work.

Not having the confidence to waste this short time by searching for a girl, expecting quick positive results. We know the trend and the demands of the market.

Sri. Ravi has made his stand clear to Raghy Sir, even before I sent a request to him!!

Raghy Sir! The ball is in your court!! Please start :fish2:

........ Not having the confidence to waste this short time by searching for a girl, expecting quick positive results. We know the trend and the demands of the market.
Yes Ravi, I understand. But be on the look out.

நம்பிக்கைதான் வாழ்க்கை!
Best of Luck!! :thumb:

Sowbagyavathy Renuka, Greetings.

Our daughter is way more closer to me than her mother. As a father, I can be very gentle to my children to make sure they don't even suffer a scratch and can be protective enough to kill to keep my wife and children away even from a scratch.

( But, you are thinking too much like me. Unless you are my sister, you may not do it....... What's happening here?)

Cheers!

Dear Raghyji,

I have no idea who I am closer too. I feel its equal and sometimes I can't stand them both too!!LOL
But I am always there almost daily at their home cos I stay just 15 mins away from their home.

I also have the same thinking like you I can be very gentle and also can be fiercely protective if needed.

Hey Raghy ji!! I think you are my clone and I got mutated and became a female.
You know my horoscope says that I only look like a female but mind and thoughts are like a male.!LOL

Shmt. Raji Ram,

I am in SingArach Chennai only, since early morning of 18th June. I will be here up to this month end.

As I said in my previous post, addressed to Shri Raghy, I need not to convince my mother at all. She is OK with any South Indian Brahmin Girl who knows Tamizh. Who have positive attitude towards family values, marriage relationship, constraints of life/family life etc. and is not an Atheist.

I am here in Chennai to have good time with my mother and brother before I could join the new company. Before I could be back to Chennai again on my yearly vacation for a month, after 12 months of my continuous work.

Not having the confidence to waste this short time by searching for a girl, expecting quick positive results. We know the trend and the demands of the market.

So...Ravi Sir is placed in FIRING LINE...Good... BestWishes ...

TVK

I am sure you know where to stop imitating a man!!! :)

Dear Raghyji,

I have no idea who I am closer too. I feel its equal and sometimes I can't stand them both too!!LOL
But I am always there almost daily at their home cos I stay just 15 mins away from their home.

I also have the same thinking like you I can be very gentle and also can be fiercely protective if needed.

Hey Raghy ji!! I think you are my clone and I got mutated and became a female.
You know my horoscope says that I only look like a female but mind and thoughts are like a male.!LOL

133. TRY AGAIN!

by veenaavisal

Try Try Try Again!

His efforts utterly ended in a bust!

It became nothing more than dust,

Being blown away by a sudden gust!

His efforts were by all means just;

And his failure was truly unjust!

Win in his future efforts, he must.

It has long since become his lust.

He won’t allow himself to sit and rust:

And get covered like iron by a crust.

He had in himself unshakable trust,

He will surely make himself august!

He now needed his efforts to adjust,

And make it much more robust!

He will surely win with this thrust.

He will never let the world oust

Him – as if he were just a locust!

The cartoon is good and nothing wrong in allotting a day for celebration of Father's day with due respects by the members of family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back