• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy Father's day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings.

It is very nice of Sri. Prasad to start this thread. He mentioned earlier he would start one for 'Father's day' and did too! Good on you. Sowbagyavthy RR's and Sowbagyavathy VR's poems are just brilliant. I enjoyed them.

Personally I don't see the reason for any negative comments. Sri. Prasad has all the rights to start a thread; and this is a brilliant thread too. I am not expecting my children to conduct 'thivasam' for me when I die; but I know, they would remeber me on the day of my death and on father's day. I don't want them to think of me all the time either; I like them to break the umblical chord at the appropriate time.

I thank Sri. Prasad for starting this thread and dedicate my message in post #25 to Sri.Prasad and all the dads connected to this forum!

Cheers!

Last edited:
1783d1339967504-happy-fathers-day-hfd1.jpg

Thanks for posting this lovely poem, Raghy Sir!!

In haste I read as

"He is proud of your triumphs,

but when things go wrong
A dad can be A PATIENT" :pound:

Greetings.

Happy Father's Day poem ( Copied from the pages of Sinful & Delish).

View attachment 1783
hi raghy sir,
nice poem....i showed to my son on father's day....he was very happy....he told me to print out the copy of the poem....he was
very impressed.....he is 11 year old boy and studying in fifth grade in USA......thank u so much...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Last edited:
We have two ways - religious/ anushtanam and loukikam; as long as the second does not become a substitute for the traditional duties, it is fine. One is supposed to remember and offer prayers every day and do annual rites (for the departed souls).

By the way, who decides the date for these days - UN sponsored or commercial interests?

The cartoon is interesting; if it is included in NCERT school text books, after some years, there will be agitation to remove it as it offends the sensibilities of both fathers and children - the father has a harassed look and the children are queuing to receive (or give) gifts. The children will object because the father conveys his anguish for producing the brood; and the children for being depicted as beggars!

Dear Sri "TVK",

Though these celebrations are imported from Western Culture, I don't find anything wrong in following them if it is not against our traditions and belief. If my son and daughter sends me a Greeting or a gift as a token of expressing their love it certainly gives joy to me. I will not deny an opportunity of enjoying an occasion just because it is of foreign origin. We have accepted many things which are foreign to us from mode of Dress to food habits and language to living, then why should not we celebrate a day specially for Mother, Father Mother, Children... or Servant Maid ?

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

In the USA, Mothers day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May

and Fathers day, on the third Sunday of June, every year! :dance:

One honest and genuine doubt!!!

Is Mr Prasad the new forum policeman??? :whip:

Ms. VR you do grave injustice to the spirit of freedom of speech. I am expressing my opinion in a public forum in ordinary color and ordinary font. I have no special rights. Are you trying to stifle free speech, or are you trying to be funny?

Does this mean we as parents expect our children to remember us on a particular calender day only... I do not question the acceptence of useful things from foreign soil..

But why a calender day to be given for expressing their love & affection... Are we not having the continuous bond with our children ?.. Is this the way to share our joy

like Deepavali or Pongal... The human relationship between parents and children is unexplainable and celebrating it in particular day and forget about it in other days is

like treating the parents only as 'things' to remeber ...No parent will expect their children to neglect them what ever their position it may be and as I said earlier this

culture suits only for the families with various father/ mother for children ..for biological identification ...

TVK
dear TVK sir !
i like the comment made sri. Brahmanyan sir made to respect the sentiment of the the wards in far off places .
but i am fully agree with your argument. it is like celebrating Gandhi jayanthi and forget his teachings.even my son and daughter are saying the same . these are all greeting card sale promotion since we use greeting cards for pongal and deepavali only apart from the usual birthdays.
guruvayurappan

எங்கள் அப்பா போல எங்கள் அப்பா மட்டுமே! :hail:

பெயர் ராமன்! ராமச்சந்திரனின் சுருக்கமோ?
பெயருக்கு ஏற்றபடியே நான்கு சகோதரர்கள்!

"தந்தை சொல் மிக்க மந்திரம் இல்லை" என்று,
தந்தையைப் பார்த்தே கற்றுகொண்டுவிட்டோம்!

அகன்ற, ஆன்ற கருணை பொழியும் விழிகள்!
அறிவைப்பறை சாற்றும் அகன்றதோர் நெற்றி!

கண்களில் மட்டும் ராமன் அல்ல அவர்!
கலரிலும் அந்த ராமபிரானே தான் இவர்!

பால் போன்ற என் அன்னையாருக்கும், நல்ல
"பேஷ் பேஷ் காபி" டிகாக்க்ஷன் அப்பாவுக்கும்,

காபிக் கலரில் பிறந்துள்ளோம் நாங்கள்!
கலரைப் பற்றி கவலைப்பட்டதே இல்லையே!

அம்மாவின் அழகைக் கோட்டைவிட்ட நாங்கள்,
அப்பாவின் I.Q வைக் கோட்டை விடவில்லையே!

முதல் வகுப்பிலிருந்து மருத்துவப்பட்டம்வரை
முதல் மாணவன்! மாதச் சம்பளம் வாங்கியவர்!

ஆசிரியர்களுக்கு அளிப்பது போலவே அன்று
அரிய மாணவர்களுக்கும் அளித்து வந்தனர்!

அப்பாவுக்கும் அடுத்த தம்பிக்குமே இடைவெளி
பத்து வருடங்களுக்கு மேலேயே இருக்கும்!

தம்பிகளைத் தன் குழந்தைகளாகவே எண்ணி,
அம்பிகளுக்கு வேண்டியவை எல்லாமே செய்தார்.

பிறகு நாங்கள் ஐவர், அதில் நால்வர் பெண்கள்!
கிறங்காமல் உறுதியாக நின்று கரை ஏற்றினார்.

பொன்னுக்கும், பொருளுக்கும், மயங்கியதே இல்லை!
"பொன்னையும், பொருளையும், உண்ண முடியுமா?"

தனக்கென்று நேரமும் இல்லை, காலமும் இல்லை,
எந்நேரமும் எவருக்கும் சிகித்சை செய்யத் தயார்!

பல்லை பிடுங்க வேண்டுமா? கடின பிரசவ கேசா?
சில்லறை ஆபரேஷன்களா? குட்டி விபத்துக்களா?

ஒவ்வொரு குழந்தையிடமும் ஒளிந்திருந்த
செவ்விய திறனைக் கண்டு அதிலேயே நன்கு

அவரை ஊக்குவித்து உற்சாகமும் கொடுப்பார்!
அவர் அவசரப்பட்டு நாங்கள் பார்த்ததே இல்லை.

பொறுமையாகவும் , கனிவாகவும், நேரத்தைப்

பொன்போலப் போற்றியும் வாழ்ந்து வந்தவர்.

அவர் குலுங்கி அழுதது எப்போது தெரியுமா?
அவரது 85 வயது தந்தை இறந்த போது தான்!

தன் ரத்தத்தையே தந்தைக்குச் செலுத்தியும்,
தன்னால் அவரைக் காப்பாற்ற முடியாததால்!

பொன்னையும், பொருளையும் மதிக்காதவர்;
அன்பையும், ஆசியையும் வாரிக் குவித்தார்!

இன்று நாங்கள் இருக்கும் நிலைமைக்கு அவர்
அன்று வாரிக் குவித்த ஆசிகளே முழுக்காரணம்!

வையத்துள் வாழ்வாங்கு வாழ்ந்த மாமனிதரை
:angel:
தெய்வத் தந்தையாகப் பெற்ற பாக்கியசாலிகள்! :pray2:

dear VR!
this kavithai is brink my father 's memory also . your father is a doctor where as my father is a man of action (uzhaibal uyarthavar ).i also lost my father when he is 85 and not taken anybody help (even eye operation). my mother expired last year only (90 yrs).now only thaiyila kuzhathai(63 yrs).my father also காபிக் கலரில் and mother is milk color.i am proud to have my mother's affection and my father's uzhaipu&memory power. he will wish every on their birthdays (nakshatram ),marriage day , some time he even tell the last menses period
which is forgotten by many ladies.(it helped to conduct ceremonies with any hussle )
guruvayurappan

dear Sir,

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I do before retiring to my bed is looking at the photos oF Gods, my parents and my father in law.

They have brought us into the world. They have made us what we are today.

My elder son takes after my dear father and my younger son takes after my gentleman father in law (whom I had never seen since he passed away while my husband was a teenager).

So I see both the fathers in my sons and remember and cherish them always. That is the least I can do to repay for their kindness and goodness. :hail:

with warm regards and best wishes for a wonderful day!
Visalakshi Ramani.
dear VR !
aluthu salichu ammaathu peru vai -my mother used to say .i was having my grand fa name and my brother is having my mother's father name.my elder son having my father name and my younger son having my father-in-law name.
cheers,
guruvayurappan

dear TVK sir !
i like the comment made sri. Brahmanyan sir made to respect the sentiment of the the wards in far off places .
but i am fully agree with your argument. it is like celebrating Gandhi jayanthi and forget his teachings.even my son and daughter are saying the same . these are all greeting card sale promotion since we use greeting cards for pongal and deepavali only apart from the usual birthdays.
guruvayurappan

Thank you Sir...But I respect the sentimental attachement with 'these ' days by anyone.. What I have expressed is my opinion and not to wound anyone's feelings..

As for as I am concerned these so called 'DAYS' are nothing but promational interest of commercial aspect...

TVK

hi raghy sir,
nice poem....i showed to my son on father's day....he was very happy....he told me to print out the copy of the poem....he was
very impressed.....he is 11 year old boy and studying in fifth grade in USA......thank u so much...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Dear Sri.tbs, Greetings.

Thanks for the wishes. In Australia, father's day is celeberated in September.

That poem is beautiful. I shall pass your appreciation to 'Sinful & delish'. They would love that appreciation. ( Sinful is a single mother and Delish is her friend. Both are quite naughty girls).

Cheers!

dear sir !
the son found time to greet his father when she turned her back .
guruvayurappan

Sri. Guruvayurappan, greetings.

Is that how you viewed my message in post #25? Interesting! But, actually I thought, it was that lady wishing 'happy father's day!' to her children's dad! It is very common for the mothers to get in the act when they see her young children wishing her husband/defacto/partner. Like wise, most dads cook a meal on Mother's day for the mother/s of their children. Often times such participations gets pleasantly carried away such that hopefully, eventually, they end up making love. ( by the way, I had many more pictures that were 'frontal' too. But such pictures would have got deleted by Sri. Praveen!).

Cheers!

Ms. VR you do grave injustice to the spirit of freedom of speech. I am expressing my opinion in a public forum in ordinary color and ordinary font. I have no special rights. Are you trying to stifle free speech, or are you trying to be funny?

I strongly feel that this dialogue would sound
MUCH better when addressed by Mr KK46 to YOU!
Reason...?
your post addressed to him!

Ref post # 20 and say who seems to be criticizing whom.
Mr. TVK has as much freedom as you declare you have, to say his opinions.
By the way I CAN be funny even without trying.
I am sure you must be already aware of this! :rolleyes:

Reason...?

Reason...?

No madam VR, it is addressed to you as you wondered whether I was the moral police. I am sorry if you did not make that comment.

How quickly people forget what it really is to be stifled of free speech and to be chased all over the forum by determined people etc.:tsk:

Since the color and font affect you so much, I too have stepped down to the ordinary color and font but not to ordinary views !!!

The forum then has many people, besides me, who are using their special rights in the form of colors and fonts!

Just look around !!!

yes I agree it is westerner's way of thanking father, mother, brother, sister etc. Valentine Day also is being celebrated in India now-a-days. It is not certainly Indian culture but we copy many western cultures. It is also 'marketing' tactics to sell products. In western countries, when schools open, 'go to school' marketing is introduced. Walmart etc has great sales. entire products are supplied by China. Moreover, employment increases. let us see positive on everything

Sri. Praveen has taken so much trouble to provide special fonts, colors and smileys, in the message box.
IMHO, it is nice to see established fonts and colors from different members, as long as the font size is small!! :ranger:

hi raghy sir,

Sri.tbs, Greetings.

As I mentioned, I passed on your appreciation to Sinful & Delish. I am quoting their reply ...."we are honored that someone was touched by what we printed and shared with our fans. Delish and I put many hours into finding material for everybody and sometimes we strike it good and some days we just strike out, but on holidays WE ALWAYS celebrate that day here in the House of S&D we feel it's important to acknowledge that day/holiday regardless of what it may be. This happened to be Fathers Day and it needed to be celebrated for all. So once again thank you for sharing that wonderful message and we are so very glad that it touched so many hearts that day. Sinful ♥".

Thank you. Your appreciation has given a lot of strength to both those girls ( one is a single mother; the other, her friend, Delish started undergoing her therapy on Monday. Poor girl will likely loose all her hair).

As long as it is not against forum rules, not offending the eye, easily readable, fine. Some are never satisfied and find fault in everything!

Sri. Praveen has taken so much trouble to provide special fonts, colors and smileys, in the message box.
IMHO, it is nice to see established fonts and colors from different members, as long as the font size is small!! :ranger:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back