• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy Fathers Day to all fathers, would be fathers, and father figures

Status
Not open for further replies.
vikatan came up with some poignant stories of fathers, in their father's day commemmoraton

and here is one that touched my heart. what type of father's day wish, can we offer this gentleman?

Irudayaraj

i have a cousin with two legs damaged by polio. remember the hassles my uncle went. atleast this happened early 1950s. whereas this gentleman's daughter is young...was not polio eradicated in the late 1950s or so?

hmm

Like Akshya thrithi got eminence all of a sudden thanks to jewellers and other merchants,father's day, mother's day,grand parent's day,lover's day etc.have become important events in our country due to Western influence.In my childhood,people were not aware of these,leave alone celebrating.Even on Akshya thrithi no one will go for new purchases. I only remember my mother used to prepare curd rice on akshya thrithi day and invite a bramhachari to feed him and offer him veshti and towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back